the €131.88 Poker Journal

Nestabear

I had a double lightbulb moment this morning, firstly I realised that the higher cash stakes tables you play @, the less shenanigans there are & the more poker is being played. IMO the NL10's are much softer than the NL4's & the NL25's are very soft. The higher stakes I play the easier it seems for me to make cash. 

Secondly,  I'm a profitable cash tables poker player. Here is my updated graph from my phone app for the last 2 weeks

1540547288_Screenshot_20190721-081316_PokerLedger.thumb.jpg.42a2e7fbb86d6f4b3592a2e7ccb561e5.jpg

166712287_Screenshot_20190721-081312_PokerLedger.thumb.jpg.869ef728b0cfe4f306079d81827e6be1.jpg

• Like 3
Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Nice run @ the NL25's.

Out of 4 sessions.. 2 I doubled up, 1 I half doubled up & the last 1 came out about €2 down. The 25"a are definitely easier than the lower stakes cash tables for me. I've managed to built up my Bankroll from €0 to over €200 in about 2 weeks, mostly from cash games profit. 

The Bear is now feeling confident on the NL25 tables & sees the NL4's the same as the freerolls... way too much shenanigans for my liking.

I also realized that by playing the 25's it's a level up & I can clear 10 keys in the Rags to Riches Promo, instead of my usual 5 keys I get for the 4 & 10 tables daily grind. 

I'm setting myself a target of having a €500 Bankroll by this time in 2 weeks. Current bankroll €212.60

• Like 5

@NestabearHope you don't take it a bad way, but i did some wtf/degen things in my day and i learned that if you can't beat bad players, you're not going to beat good players either. And i'm talking long term, witch is something about 5-10 years. I feel like you are rushing things for some reason, you are rolled for 4nl in todays climate, so please be pacient, put in the work and you will get there eventualy. On the other hand if you decide that 25nl or higher is the way to go, i wish you much luck. :lovekiss: :cash: :inlove:

giphy

• Like 4

@psrquack wrote:

It seems this is the end of a beautiful friendship, but Bear, please, don't do it. 8,5 buyins for NL25 where the rake is bigger is the absolutely big no-no. Don't risk all your BR for that please.

I'm sorry @psrquack... it was nice knowing you my friend. 

The graph doesn't lie.

2082050400_Screenshot_20190721-163006_PokerLedger.thumb.jpg.44d631e82bc05ed26117c60f05e064cd.jpg

865667541_Screenshot_20190721-163047_PokerLedger.thumb.jpg.76f04d943f538297fe3435fa0cb51013.jpg

Since the Baby Bears joined the clan, I realized I'm a profitable cash game player & that the higher stakes I play the better I do, the more comfortable I feel playing.... So sorry for you my ex friend. I'm a gonna take a very aggressive Bankroll approach so I can get to & crush the NL400's early next year. 

Nice knowing you.. .

• Like 2

Oh Bear, I wrote that because I was ready risking the friendship to tell you this isn't a good way. 8,5 buyin is never enough. If you really want to make an agressive BR management please hire someone who's beating the NL400 SH tables(now, not 1 or 2 years ago) to coach you and start the attack with at least 30 buyins. Btw good luck my friend.

• Like 1

@FreedoM of course I won't take it the wrong way my friend.

I feel that the reason my bankroll hasn't grown is because at the lowest Stakes there is way too much shenanigans for my liking. The way I see it is that if I play at higher stakes there's a lot more poker being played & more chance of making money. I'm busy testing my theory and it seems to be going well, I will keep you updated, obviously the aim of the game is to have as big a bankroll as possible, so that you can buy into the biggest tourneys possible & win the most cash possible. I feel this is the quickest and best route for me... I've been stuck at micro-stakes for way too long, my chance to level up has finally come & I'm going to take the bull by the horns.

• Like 2

The Bear is back, bruised and battered and a little sad, but ready for the new challenge.

I couldn't get into my community account for a couple of days there, don't know what was going on.

On top of that my bankroll is sitting on a big fat goose egg due to unforeseen circumstances. 😞

I have built my bankroll up from zero many times before, & I'm sure I'll be able to do it again. 

Glad to be back !

😀

• Like 4

Hi @Nestabear, where in South Africa are you based?  I'm going on holiday there next year and I wondered how safe it's going to be to drive from Cape Town around the south coast to Port Elizabeth?  I've been to Cape Town before and felt surprisingly safe given what you hear in the media but not sure what to expect in the more rural areas?  Obviously a lot going on between the black/white farmers these days.  Cheers!

• Like 1

zazazasssss.jpg.2eef5401712aae4707c7593bd65773a9.jpg

@pinki 

@Brocky wrote:

Hi @Nestabear, where in South Africa are you based?  I'm going on holiday there next year and I wondered how safe it's going to be to drive from Cape Town around the south coast to Port Elizabeth?  I've been to Cape Town before and felt surprisingly safe given what you hear in the media but not sure what to expect in the more rural areas?  Obviously a lot going on between the black/white farmers these days.  Cheers!

@Brocky I'm based inland, in Johannesburg... straight out of Benoni to be exact. 

Firstly Buds, let me say that the trip you about to do here in SA is in one of the most beautiful parts of our country.

I've done it numerous times, by car, bike, motorbike, truck & on foot hiking & I'm still no closer of being sick of it. I would do it again @ in a heartbeat, all I can say is... lucky fish you & I wish I was you next year.

As for security... The violent crime you hear about on farmers is mostly in the very rural areas & usually late @ nice, early morning stuff. If you stay away from trouble areas & keep good situation awareness you should be good to go.

If you feel the need, I could go along for the ride as security :Cheeky:. I would do it free of charge Mate, that's how much I :Hearts: that part of the country.

• Like 5

Thanks mate! You’ve definitely reassured me, looking forward to it. Did a quad bike safari a couple of hours outside of Cape Town when I was there in 2017 and it was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever done.

Best part had to be hearing how the one male rhino had impregnated all the females within 6 months and apparently they refuse to mate until their offspring have grown up so the male’s eagerness had left him celibate for the next 5-6 years 🤣

E71DDABF-466F-439A-BEAD-42BDE7D05DCD.thumb.jpeg.c45a786bea304a18d73d765dc64e1d26.jpeg

41CB2948-0EA9-4FEC-88F6-03B8A7C9FFCF.thumb.jpeg.a97195c6665c0a5098edbdf9947e40fe.jpeg

1AD8A9B7-1A63-4032-A280-B76B2FDF3DC8.thumb.jpeg.12b26a9e8ff93cb9b0ece2b317689ca2.jpeg

• Like 6