Trying to get some pocketmonies

JorisKE

Hi peoples

I am a loyal customer at unibet poker now for a lot of years. And after more than a decade of pokerz i am still messing around in the micro streets. This is mainly due to my biggest problem in the past and this was tilting and not thinking about my opponents. But when you get older you try some more stuff and this mostly gets you to a better result. So i will mainly be playing cashgames at NLHE and also some PLO. In the past i played millions of hands on other sites as well, and on some i had more succes then others. 

Here a quick overview trough the stakes of my play during 2017:

on Unibet

NL4 lifetime won  92.65 in 7925 hands, so i consider this limit completed and will not be playing this anymore. Unless we hit a major downer :)

PLO4 lifetime won 57.44 in 4605 hands, so i consider this limit completed and will not be playing this anymore.  

NLHE  2k17 on 'tracked sites'

https://gyazo.com/9a71c2d99a1190b3f9026c11e6488d47

I know the samplesizes suck, but we are here to move up ASAP so we can earn some moneys.

Now for the moment i am playing NL10 on Unibet. I played this limiet for years but i have a goal for this limit. I want to win 500 euros there.

Up to 19/11/2017 i made 388.95 on NL10 with 97738 hands played. So still some work to do. 

The last two weeks i played way too loose and stupid and just went to randomly clicking buttons a lot so u guess it. I lost a bunch. But no problem, we are here on this world to learn, so i will make it i am sure of it!

Poker is all about discipline and making the right decisions. In the game nowadays you need a solid strategy and put in a lot of volume because the edges are getting smaller, certainly in NLHE. 

With the next update i will provide some more info about myself and also some updated standings.

I never lose, I either win or learn...

Don't stop for nothing it's full speed or nothing

Ha JorsKE 😃

Good luck mate! Games nowadays can be pretty aggressive and at times reg-heavy.
But ofc they are still very beatable. For me the 10NL game has been a small goldmine.
I would say try to keep your head cool and don't try to fight fire with fire.
For example, you don't go hyperaggro vs aggro players. 
You adapt by playing strong value hands a bit more passive (not always ofc, but frequencywise) and barrel more often with non-made hands that have some equity.
As you probably know many regs love to float and clearly do so way too often.
In general there is more aggression on the flop and turn but many players are still very valueheavy when they pull the trigger on the river.
Ofcourse as you mentioned, it's pretty vital to get good reads on your opponents.

Post some interesting hands on here or skype and I will surely have a look at them 😃 

I think i jinxed it by posting here :s

No this week has been brutal for me. Reviewed my play and saw i was playing way too loose , certainly from Eealy positions and this way getting me into a lot of difficult spots. Played very solid actually but got raped at the tables. Did not play that much so that makes it look like i run terribad. But it is just a rough period in a small sample.

Sunday i gave it another try, but ran my AKs into AA twice BvB. Once time my JJ vs ak which did not hold in the blinds. And at the end of a session u guess it i get AKs in the SB and ran into KK. No help for me so i quit for the day. 

In a week or so i will try to give another update. 

Good day, stay solid and put in volume guys

Review of a hand

We are in the SB we get TdTs

Villain is UTG And opens We 3bet and villain calls.

The flop is 4cKh3c and we cbet. Why ?

We put villain on this range

1.thumb.png.65c4943b99679e3dcf1d2423c730dd94.png

Here we see the bet is a clear bet for value.

The turn brings a 7 of spades.

We cbet again. 

I wanted to see a river. Hoping it was a blank.

The river comes a 5d. So pretty blank if u ask me.

Now is the question do we valuebet. 

If we go into  equilab is clearly is. So i should have shoved the river.

Or do we let our opponent hang himself? We can get shoves of more worse hands ?

I opted to go for the check-call.

hand1.thumb.png.68ec72c95cc4e6682f5d403d49ab76c5.png

What do you guys think about this ?

How on earth did you come up with adding A9s (even A5/A4s is better than A9 when it comes to calling 3bets, though rather 4bet those at some percentage depending on player, and just fold a6-9), QTo/JTo+ ?? If we assume our opponent not only opens but calls these hands when you 3bet vs UTG from SB then he must be a big fish and he is not only going to call those but close to anything he opens. 

i see players calling pretty light vs 3bets. that is why i included it. But i see your point, was pretty optimistic range here. Nice to see someone else his point of view. Things get clearer now :).

The last days been off the grind. Been sitting too much in this chair and picked up a healthy/sporty lifestyle as well. So less grinding more working/training.

Been playing with a very short roll on unibet. I only play 4 tables. So i start with 50 euros in the client. Here we are at the moment:

unibet.thumb.png.1e722775b99f6acc39d2db2f71dbc6ae.png

played only like two stints of 10 minutes so happy with the result. Will post again after i'm over 100 euros. So with this volume it will might take me a while :)

Hey could i suggest you work on your ranges study time :geek:

I would say your logic is way off in the 1010 hand you can 3 bet it but i wouldn't most of the time ! and also when you do get called on that board your usually crushed by any decent players utg flatting range. 

Lucky for you, you found 1 of these :haha: Q10S :haha: that's optimistic anyway just thought i would try and maybe help good luck and work hard.

b2fa71e9acd9b5f244f4dfe02ac9c66e--fish-ponds-the-fort.jpg.bf4c7e815fe8acc0f24b3c3a8de62a81.jpg

Idd my problem is that i still live in 2007. Poker has evolved a lot and players are waaaay better. Also i see better results when i play 6 tables. I play not this loose and do not get myself into these 'tough' spots. @igottwins i should tighten up my ranges a lot more? Because i see what u guys say, vs UTG in 3bet pot there aren't a lot of combos a normal player will have there that i beat.

This is where we are now:

unibet.thumb.png.2c0edccffee4278c843b53689f389a95.png

ok yesterday played some more and did ok ish. The 6 tabling is working a lot better.unibet.thumb.png.45c7cd1c57ae5f7f61f714b77ca7ebc1.png

Seem to play tighter and get into less of those stupid spots. Have some bets running as well, so hopefully these will bring me to new heights.

Enrolled myself for a study course as assistant manager as well. So next year we will go for a totally different job. 

Will do another update after my birthday the 25th of december. #DoWorkSon

Hey i couldn't comment on your opening ranges in general as i have only seen the 1010 hand, i was basing my comment on the analysis you did and the calling range you had for a utg vs a 3 bet from sb, and yes that range you assigned is to lose imo, there are loads of coaches as you will no all over the Internet and i am not one of them, i am a player and don't think i am very good at explaining things my brain just comes alive at the tables 😃  good luck  with your journey 🆒 

Today did some short sessions.  This format seem to fit me better as i seem to lose focus pretty fast when playing.

unibet.thumb.jpg.73f6bfd646e2114855e566d8bb3c60ed.jpg

Busted one of the two tickets with flopped straight vs Topset of Kings. No worries just part of the grind.

I 3bet from the BB with pocket kings

Flop was 357r i cbet

Turn is K so we make topset.

About potsize left i cbet turn and he shoves for 1.5 dollar more. I call and river brings no help. He shows 6d4d.

Pretty happy with results, need to play more volume though, but not really into it. So i don't play more because playing when not feeling it is bad.

Next days my bets will come in hopefully ship some monies there  as well. Let's clear those tickets and pick up another 10 eur bonus and some tickets.

Still low volume but got some small results.

Binked the double trouble, so +40 euros

Also got two free tickets on Bwin and played a PLO500 and got third for 75 euros.unibet.thumb.png.8f3ea2d4c5d5c6dda15e6e947b9e0ec8.png

Still need to clear the 10 euro ticket i got left, but that will be done in the next couple of days. So we are getting some sort of bankroll again. 

Will we playing NL25 at 750 i think, but not sure. When i feel like i have had several very solid days, maybe have a small shot at 500 euros. Because last month played a lot of NL25 and it went pretty good. Maybe this time some serious BRM is the best...

At the end of this month i will ask for the NL10 stats and we will see how far we are from our 500 euro profit at this stake.

Let's Go

• 2 weeks later...

Ok since i havent recieved my unibet results i will put up some others.

7a19ef6cccbd173f49ce966e0dff0e34Volume is to cry for, but played a lot on unibet mainly. 

Also dabbed a bit around in the PLO streets and played way too loose with this results

68304fd9a3e848b56fc1eaa63ba54ad817bfc13a1fc8d4c46b91273a5c2f9933

At the end you can see a severe case of tilting, thats why i shortly after that quitted for a few weeks and now i am back at the two card game. Way easier and more simple to handle.

You mostly see that sticking to one format is the best, but i like both games, actually like plo more, but this requires more discipline and volume and with me only being a recreational player the swings are not good for me. 

Situation at unibet is like this at the moment

bc21d9bf8d1c11971ad234fbb45357d6

And i have still like +-75 euros on neteller. Should i take this for PLO and start a Bankroll with this or should i continue the NLHE and wait until i have like 1.5k and then take is further from there ?

At the moment not really into the grind, just looking for a good job where i can make smth of my life

• 3 weeks later...

Still waiting for my results so not an update on that yet.

Here is how it is going, been not playing too much, only when i feel like it and usually it are short sessions.

cefbf2019d4454341cd7ef319966aa6c

unibet20.thumb.png.9a83c940320f2c56a9c7438614799999.png

Hand of the day was the good old call a 4bet OOP with QQ and flop the goodz. LDO we came out against villains Aces. And we HOLD. STD ❤️♥️❤️ but this is how i like it. Just solid Grinding it up...

Deposited 50 euros on other site because i got a bonus there but haven't played there yet because action at Unibet is better...

Let's get our unibet roll up to 500 and take some of those 25NL shots. 

All in all pretty happy with my results for the effort i am putting in at the moment.

Next week i will get more info for a possible new job, so more good news.

On the health side, i keep getting feeling better even managed to play a 1hr match again with minimal pain afterwards. Just needed to drill a hole in my big toe because there was some blood under it 🆒  Tommorow will be running again, so slowly things are coming back together. Things start alining. Maybe in one yr i will be playing NL100 and have a stable relationship with some hot woman. Who knows?!  Feeling good and picking the fruits of it. GL and Profit all

• 4 weeks later...

Still alive!

Not a lot has changed in poker for me. I just kept on playing and i am pretty happy on the way things are going. Cleaned my computer up a bit and messed around in some old databases, from the time unibet was still on the microgaming network. Got some funny results.  But decided to start with a clean sheet. Also kicked out PT4. os if anyone is interested in the program let me know it is for sale (Full edition NLHE and Omaha). But enough about other sites. We are here to play on unibet; because it is and always will be the greatest provider of poker entertainment and sportsbetting for me.

Like i mentioned before i was looking to move up to NL25 and i did it. So now we mostly play NL5 and some PLO4. Been messing around with some mtt's but not really into those. I lose focus pretty quickly so i hate sitting hours and hours behind my desk so mtts are not my thingy.

Will try to give some more updates!

BR on unibet: 342 euros 

66f85903232173e22ce60130325c9d0c

• 1 month later...

Been lacking time to play due to my new course. I need to go to school every day, pretty fun actually.  So less playing on the computer.

So have switched to PLO. I have asked support for my lifetime results on every stake. So i will see what to play.

Started with 100 euros and play PL10.  A lot of action on plo here. So let's hoooold and play some more. Bought  plo 10 ticket. Now lets grind them up. 

f82ab8ece5740657182dd20bd353f8ef

• 3 weeks later...

So a lot of time later. and donked away a lot of stacks. Time for playing more serious and getting the degen out of me. Some hands i feel like 'oh i could win here if i hit' This is not the way to play any form of pokers. PLO is certainly not for the faint hearted because it makes NLHE look like a oussy game. 4 cards, more action, but for me personal a much better game. 

Today started the day with 188 euros. And played a session. Played good and ran ok so happy with my result.

plounibet.thumb.png.f881103c1efbf704430f1addab4e8d10.png

Will post some updates when i find the time, because doing more off table work then playing, to plug those giant monster gaps in my game :)-

• 2 weeks later...

low in updates and also terribly low in volume guys...

Been playing some sessions here and there with mixed results. Always in the green but not really big money wise.

Busted the ticket i had an now the bankroll is at 253 euros.  so slowly we are climbing up again.

In the month of may i have some more free days so maybe then my volume  will go up again :)

Archived