Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
triceraatopp Rank 15
Rank 15

Thabk you @Shoryureppa Very Happy Is it mainly mtts your playing?  For sure I can share some studdy material, just tell me a bit of what you are playing, how your studdy habits looks like now, what material do you use? Smile

MetalWolf Rank 17
Rank 17

Very impressive results! Need to take a page out of your book and spend more time studying. Clearly paying off. I'm so lazy on the study side of things! Good luck in Malta.

triceraatopp Rank 15
Rank 15

I definatly recomend it @MetalWolf! Even in this very short period of time I see a big difference in my way of thinking since I started taking studdying seriously Very Happy Fore me its not the result that matters the most, they will come in the long run, but the feeling I get when Im suddenly comforteble in spots where I struggled earlier and even more the feeling when I find leaks in my mentalgame and am able to approch them!

For example I naivly thought that I didnt tilt since I rarly never get upset in the way other players do but that turned out to be a massive self deception, my tilt just showed in a different but equaly damaging way.

Thank you for the good luck wishes, I am so exited Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

MetalWolf Rank 17
Rank 17

@triceraatoppSome great points and you are right that the results will come as long as you are playing your best game. I'm actually disappointed at my ROI this year (around 10.76%, €1100 profit from 1450 games) and I feel like that sample size should be showing better profit for my level. For example in 2017 I only played 2100 games overall with an ROI of 26.05% and profit of £4500. But being lazy I think I'm better than I actually am and need to brush up on a few studies and plug a few leaks! Rofl

I am proud I won the Nano leaderboard in the UOS and came in the top 10 overall leaderboard so happy to know I'm still doing something right, but feel like with a bit of fine tuning I could be so much better! The last month for me has been very quiet for poker but from Tuesday I am expecting to be putting in full time hours for a couple weeks so see how it goes! I won't be in Malta unfortunately but I will be in Glasgow which I noticed you have a seat for so hopefully by the time that comes round I will have done a bit more reading Smile

Good luck!

triceraatopp Rank 15
Rank 15

Im very impressed by your performance in the series! You should definatly feel proud of that 😀 @MetalWolf ! I dont think you should worry about the roi, with that relativly small sample size its hard to draw any conclusions of from your roi other then that you are clearly a winning player at your stake 😀 

Nice that you will find time to studdy and play more, looking forward to meet you in Glasgow 😀 

Shoryureppa Rank 15
Rank 15

@triceraatopp

I mostly play low stakes cash games over various platforms. 

But im trying to improve in my MTT and all round skills. As for studying I can only use what I have as I don’t have any poker books. With that being said my resources are mainly internet articles and experience. 

0 Likes
triceraatopp Rank 15
Rank 15

Nice @Shoryureppa 😀 I dont know how comfertoble you are with the fundamentals, but if you just starting out with mtt:s I could recomend pokerstrategy.com which is free and have a learning path with videos and articles on a basic level Smile they also have equilab and some other software to download for free Smile 

If u are okey with paying a small sum I recomend floattheturn or runitonce. Floattheturn is like 10dollars a month and have a lot of value with video content and free livestreamed webinars with Jonathab Little for members, push/fold quizes, charts and an app that is basicly the same as snapshove.

I also like runitonce its about 25 ish a month and they have a lot of high quality content, for lowstakes I like Owen Shields in particular but there is a ton of others that are great to Smile 

triceraatopp Rank 15
Rank 15

@Shoryureppa I somehow forgot to mention raiseyouredge youtube channel, really really great content that bencb(the main coach) somehow upload for free! 

Shoryureppa Rank 15
Rank 15

@triceraatopp Um I’ll opt for the free resources until Laugh

0 Likes
triceraatopp Rank 15
Rank 15

Hi all!

So May turned out to be a really great poker month for me, I was so hyped before going to Malta, nervous ofc but mostly thrilled by finaly getting to play live for the first time and accually meet other people with the same interest in the game as me. Up until now my only interaction with other players had been online so that was a really exiding thing! 

Im so extremly thannkfull for all support from u guys here in the community and twitch chat, I get so happy and it gave me alot of confidence during UO aswell HeartHeartHeart

Unibet Open turned out to be even better then I could have imagined, everybody was so nice and I felt so welcomed Very Happy I havent managed to get a package for Bucharest yet even though I played three finals so far but I will keep the grind up bcs I definatly want to experience this again Very Happy

In Malta I started off playing day 1a, it was quite the struggle with the chips at first and I ended up limping instead of opening the first 5 hands I wanted to play. I knew that a raise have to happen in one move and soon learned that one chip is a call if not stated otherwise but I missed that you have to say raise and the sum when the chips is still in the air and my table mates where not really keen to explain that haha. I got a hang of it after some time though and exept a few mistakes it mostly went fine Smile

I had another, way bigger problem though and that was that my body betraid me, I could not for my life stop shaking as soon as a hand was played, it didnt even matter if I was in the hand Rofl I realiced that this would give of quite some live tells so I came up with a counteract strategy inspired by Phil Ivy youtube videos where he is completly motionless during a hand with exception of his eyes.

I took it a step further and tryed to dont even move my eyes, only looking at the first flop card during the whole hand, it felt a bit rude to not answer when opponents tryed to talk to me and in one akward situation I accedently tanked for 5 min when I missed that my opponent snap checked to me on the river, but otherwise it worked and I managed to get a bunch of succesfull bluffs through in big pots Very Happy I surveided into day 2 with about 116k (30k starting) which gave me a good position when we continued. 

Day to was a bit swingy, I had @NMPfan with a short stack to my left and he succesfully stole my opens the first hour leaving me with about 80k. Luckely I got moved and even if my new table consisted of two of the top 5 guys I definatly prefered that over NMPfan & Dbergie Wink I stayed away from the solid guys and maneged to chip upp to 180k, when we were getting close to the money (4 or 5 off) I unfortunetly missplayed a hand vs Kristof Segers who was a big stack. I open TcTh from HJ and flop came Kc5c7s, i bet 1/3 and he called, turn brings 5h and when Im about to check some stupied impuls takes over and I find myself betting 60% pot, he raise ofc and I have to fold. With 130k ish left Im still in decent shape but I dont get any more playeble hands and when the bubble finaly bursts Im down to 95k which was around 12bb I think, I then looked down at AKo in the LJ and open shoved but got called by KK and ended up in 38th place. 

Im very very happy with my overall performance even if I know I have aloot to improve. I can identify a lot of the mistakes I made and equaly important, I can see which spots I played really good due to the time I put down into studdying Very Happy it gives me so much drive to keep studdying and work on my game! And the cash was really nice aswell ofc !

Another update about online results and UOS comming soon Smile