Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
successlaw Rank 14
Rank 14

@triceraatopp

I've seen you a lot on those Deep Moon hypers...those the only mtts that i play...im not very patient to play normal speed and deep..

Have a nice day

0 Likes
triceraatopp Rank 17
Rank 17

@successlaw wrote:

@triceraatopp

I've seen you a lot on those Deep Moon hypers...those the only mtts that i play...im not very patient to play normal speed and deep..

Have a nice day

Yeah I play thoose alot Very Happy They are really fun! Would be cool to get HU in one of thoose sometime Wink Hope to see you at the tables! Have a nice day u 2 Smile

0 Likes
triceraatopp Rank 17
Rank 17

Hi guys Very Happy

In my last blog I wrote about how exided I was for the Podium Hunter promotion and I was one off the grinders who went hard on it the first couple of weeks! I have now since some days drop out of the race and will make a little rewiew of my experience Smile

Micro grind

It started out being very fun, grinding together with other community members, posting in the thread, making a leaderboard, but the way the points are given out (1p for any 1-24,99Eur mtt with 40 or more entrys and 2p for 25Eur+ with 30 or more entrys) it soon turned into a grind where I was forced to play a ton of 1 & 2eur games to keep up with the volume of podium places.

This took focus away from my normal games and even though my total ROI stayed the same my avg buy in droped from 17.24Eur to 13.89Eur meaning I made 20% less profit in accual money then the previous month. Ofc this is not statisticly significant with such a tiny sample but a trend can be noticed and we all know that adding more tables will decrease ones win rate no matter what stake the added tables are. 

+ Its great that the promotion is affordeble for everybody! Anyone with enough time and a 200eur bankroll can easily play all the games needed to win the leaderboard.

+ Easy to count the points with simple criteria and only 2 levels.

- It becomes another micro challenge where you cant win if you dont play the micro stakes. And as mentioned above, adding the micro games is often -Ev for people playing higher. 

Screenshot_6.pngJanuary 2019Screenshot_4.pngFebruary 2019

Volume

Volume wise I managed to play more in the first 16 days as in the whole of january. I only had 3 days off so it counts up to an averedge of 29,69 mtts / day. Not all of them would count toward the podium hunters since some had to few players and I played some under a different alias. But in total I ended up with about 340 games that counted towards the Podium Hunters promotion which is equvalent to 21,25 Mtts per day. When I stoped I had managed to collect 37 points which at the time was the same as a 2nd place in the leaderboard.

+ Hard work gets rewarded.

- One might have to play more tables then comferteble with and a 1 eur crazy moon á 1 hour gives as many points as a 10eur rebuy/add exoplanet á 7 hours which makes things weird in lack of a better expression. 

All and all I think its a great promotion that rewards hard work and continuety but as with most new things there is room for improvment and here I think the point system needs to be looked at again. Its amaysing that one can win a UO package playing 1 eur mtts but it should also be possible to win it if you play 5-10eur+. 

Im sure there will be some adjustments made when the community guys have evaluated everything fom this run and I will definatly give it a go again next time!

For now, Good luck everybody still in the race! 

GothMoth Rank 18
Rank 18

Totally agree with your post  @triceraatopp . The ideas for improvements in the point system should be discussed in the Podium thread after the competition is over.

I would add that  giving the 1st x 3points, 2nd x 2 points and 3rd 1 point seem more ideal in terms of competiton, as now the €1 and €2 freezeouts are like qualifiers at the FT Laugh It would be harder the results to be tracked though ( @Jeppe-Unibet  we need an update when you're back) .

There could be more multipliers depending on the buy-in than just 1-10 and 25-100, as you mentioned. It really seems unfair to some extent. Of course everyone is free not to use the alias. I did so in few important higher buy-in ones and think it was +EV personally.

And finally, just like you I don't like too turn the poker days into restless grind - multitabling 9 tables and playing like a robot. Not that I did not played some days non-stop trying too hard to compensate for the ones I couldn't play (esp. because of the Bounty promo) .The results were disastrous.. So I may retire as well, because of the downswing, lack of motivation and too much poker lately.

On the contrary in January I thought I'll take a break, but when I was bored one day regged few MTTs and played almost all month, but when I felt like it. And how could I rest when the run-good made it my best month with 90% ROI ( brag time Happyshy )

01.2019.png

XY Rank 19
Rank 19

I already recommended that.Think that 1.3 (1.9),1.2 (1.6) and 1.1 (1.3) points distribution would make a race more interesting.
Or some similar point distributions,but ones that give more credits to those who finish higher.

Overall I like this stucture.I dont think the higher buy-ins deserves more credits over lower ones.Games are thougher,I agree,but lower ones are more trickier than higher and players pool is bigger...
First time that I played that much of MTTs.It was "a real grind" for 2 weeks.
Manage to finish in a top10 in a lower leaderboard,therefore all invested time and money was not in vain.

I also gave up of chasing Malta.ZuDwa made a good start and is going strong every day,though to beat that.Other prizes are not worth to fighting for as currently I am far behind.

What I would like for a next time/s is,when you are making this kind of promotions,biggest ones (biggest prize/s), make them scrictly for a members that somehow contributed to the community. @Jeppe-Unibet@Ray-Unibet
Dont wanna take anything from ZuDwa or any other player,but think that this "behaviour" (jumping in) is not acceptable and encourage new users doing that.Think that this,or any other promotion/s,needs to encourage new or/and current users into conversations,ideas exchanges,etc.Not just in a value hunt!

We saw this behaviours on other promotions too.
When AndreiBN made his tennis promo. with 10 questions and a A-B game,we saw a problem.Only a few members answered on a 10 questions,but A-B game had a numerous posts.Same with Cristmas promo...Thread with a tickets giveaway for those who "likes" the post had over 100likes,but a one where you need to invest 1€ had barley 30 likes.
And soo on...

Sorry @triceraatopp for spaming your thread,but needed to write that. Angel

You know that I admire your results! Heart

triceraatopp Rank 17
Rank 17

First of all, big congratz on thoose january result @GothMoth, very impressive Smile

And feel free to spam @XY I like to discuss this things Smile

I dont agree with the idea you both had about giving different amount of points for 1, 2 and 3rd place. I think there is a value in having it as just a podium challenge and not a regular leaderboard. 

XY, its not only about how tough the games are, its that to now be able to have a chance one must play all the 1 eur and 2 eur tournaments which I dont think was the purpose. Accually they often have less runners and several times I have ended up sitting there in a  2 eur fireball with 38 runners when late reg closes. 

I am ready to go for the grind and really love this kind of promos but I should be able to compete with 6 tabeling 5-50eur mtts and getting a podium about 1/10 times. But the current point system makes it mandatory to also get a couple of extra podiums a day from the micro stakes which is unfortunate. I think everybody would benefit from a more balanced point system, the micro players would have much easier collecting points when the higher stakes players dont join their games and the higher stakes players dont have to sacrifice their normal grind.

But Im biased from my own point of view ofc and there might be downsides with my idea that i dont see. No matter its really good that we get all opinions out there so Jeppe and the guys have  all the information from us players when they evaluate Smile We can always copy this discussions to the thread after this month is done Smile

whereisrivaldo Rank 12
Rank 12

Hey, good points made about the Podium Hunters and I get what you're saying. But I think you're interpreting your results wrong and they're actually proving the opposite of what you're going for.

@triceraatopp wrote:

This took focus away from my normal games and even though my total ROI stayed the same my avg buy in droped from 17.24Eur to 13.89Eur meaning I made 20% less profit in accual money then the previous month. Ofc this is not statisticly significant with such a tiny sample but a trend can be noticed and we all know that adding more tables will decrease ones win rate no matter what stake the added tables are. 

In terms of profit, you made 2.5k€ in 16 days of February versus 2.3k€ in 31 days of January. Unless you're playing on other sites that are not counted in these results, it looks like you're making more actual money when you're competing in Podium Hunters.

@triceraatopp wrote:

- It becomes another micro challenge where you cant win if you dont play the micro stakes. And as mentioned above, adding the micro games is often -Ev for people playing higher. 

Your results show that adding micros was +EV for you. Even though your ABI dropped you were able to put 5.3k€ in buy ins in February versus 5.1k€ in January. And when this doesn't hurt your ROI, then more volume = more EV.

But I get that the work you had to put in February to get those profits was a lot more than in January. So in terms of €EV/h, yours probably went down because of the competition.

Anyway, even though your short term results don't really agree with your arguments, I do agree, and the reasons why you're dropping out from the competition are pretty much the same why I didn't go for it in the first place.

@triceraatopp wrote:

- One might have to play more tables then comferteble with and a 1 eur crazy moon á 1 hour gives as many points as a 10eur rebuy/add exoplanet á 7 hours which makes things weird in lack of a better expression. 

Yep, I don't like this. I'm afraid you have to put an unhealthy amount of volume to win this competition no matter how the points are calculated. I would suggest we do this like Unibet's MTT Leagues were before UOS. Pick 4-10 tournaments from the daily/weekly schedule and only those (+ Community games) would count for the podiums. Volume would be capped and no one would have to sacrifice their regular grind or life for this.

Btw, great blog and what an awesome journey you've already had with poker and Unibet! GL tonight in the Community games, never happy to see you at the tables. 

triceraatopp Rank 17
Rank 17

Thank you alot for your comments @whereisrivaldo , im very pleaced you like the blog Smile and I never get board discussing data interpretations Tongue

I see how you think but I think you missed the amount of tournaments played. In the february sheet you can see that I played 87 more mtts then the previous month so that I had a slightly higher profit dont mean I did better.

I had to drop some of the very profiteble 5-25eur mtts where I likely would have made more money, to make room for more secure podiums (but with less profit). Profitebility must be measured in ROI and/or hourly profit and what is a good ROI is completly dependent on the buy in.

Whit that we see that if my avg buy in is 17,24 and I have an ROI of 46% I will make 7.93 eur/mtt.

If my avg buy in is 13.89 I will only make 6.39 eur /mtt. 

This doesnt tell us how long time every mtt lasts but in general the micros lasts as long & often longer then higher buy ins .

I also do play on other site(s), which are not stated here & I did have to drop thoose games to make room for more of the micros. This was ofc purely my choice and I really wanna state that im not whining about it even if it might sound like that, I also dont aim to suggest changes that are suiteble just for players like me, I just wanna share my experience and provide the data I have that can be off use when deciding on improvementsSmile

I think its a good idea you have to choose a smaller number of mtts to give out points, I do think it has to be quite many mtts still to make it a good competition but something like 10/day sounds like a really good idea!

Thank you again, I really have had a great start to my poker journey and Im fully enjoying both the studying and the grind  Hopefully I can step it up a notch this year Very Happy

Im definatly in tonight Very Happy See you there!Heart

whereisrivaldo Rank 12
Rank 12

Haha, I think it's you who's missing the amount of tournaments played. Happy

Or at least somewhat disregarding its effect on your EV in this case and putting too much emphasis on profit/tournament. When we are talking about a month-long competition and its effect on your profitability, wouldn't it be better to have profit/month as a meter instead of profit/tournament?

Your this month's EV as a tournament grinder would be:

number of tournaments    x     ABI      x     expected ROI

Your results showed that while your ABI dropped and ROI remained same, competing in Podium Hunters "forced" you to increase the number of tournaments so much that it actually made your EV higher this month.

If you would have miraculously finished February with the pace you started, you would have played 675 tournaments and by only making 6.39€/mtt you would profit +4313€. Would you still say February was less profitable than January? I would say February was more profitable, so I'm not sure if I'm just using this terminology differently (or incorrectly)?

Either way I can never agree with "I made 20% less profit in actual money than the previous month"  when your result sheet has a 6% higher number in the 'Profit/Loss' column. Laugh

Lastly, it didn't sound like you were whining at all. I just really thought you were wrong and no had said anything. And from my experience, putting more emphasis on profitability instead of volume leads to more enjoyable poker career and happier life. So please just carry on and don't start adding volume just because you might agree on my EV calculations. Angel

0 Likes
Thunderland_MT Rank 4
Rank 4

Goodluck on your journey... Keep us updated 😎

0 Likes