Tri's MTT adventures!

triceraatopp

Allright, thanks for letting me know. I suspected I was running really bad a a few weeks ago, but could not be bothered to keep track manually. But back to running good or average again now. :D

And yes, there is no point in constantly thinking about it. But after a certain period of loosing alot with the feeling of running bad, its nice to get confirmation that its not just you sucking at poker.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was finaly time to mend fences with my old nemesis Excel so I can keep some kind of track of my results! We have battled for quite some time but I must say that we are starting to get along pretty well :D 

I will add separate sheets for UK and UO qualifiers so they get separated from the other qualifiers but this will do for a start. So here are the results starting from 7th April.

Screenshot_87.png.2ff9dc37dfd28ffad16be233069fc672.png

ITM- 29,79%

Mtts Won: 2/24

• 5 Eur Crazy Moon  - 70 Eur
  • 5 Eur Deep Space 1000GDT - 220 Eur

Next mission is learning how to make good graphs!

• Like 14

So now I have managed to break out the Mtts from the qualifiers and this is the pure Mtt graphs that I will continue update :)

We start from zero on april 7th and will then follow my accual profit/loss i the mtts here at unibet. I realiced this is a much better way to track my results since it doesnt matter if I buy in with a ticket or cash, its still the same amount going into the chart since I purely want to se how Im doing over a large sample. BRM have a separate chart aswell as the live and ticket qualifiers.

So during this two weeks I have played 83 MTTs, in the table bellow I have separated them by stake and in the green table I put them all together to get the complete ROI. If someone think it looks weird that I played 34 5 Eur Mtts but paid 350 in BI they apperently never played pokercoash or poker.se...or spectrum or the late night 800 multi so they shold not judge.

Screenshot_13.png.aa480754d4b7a5938f8078acd45f67fd.pngScreenshot_14.png.59cceae86a797a79a392c8ee33f93e48.pngScreenshot_15.png.a46ce7ede3d7dda217c34ae0b1198ce0.png

The week have been very good poker vice, I have played a bit less then usual but studied alot and rewiewed, discussed hands(got private coaching lessons) with my group which is helping me improving so much! And for every piece of theory I learn I find 3 other situations I want to study so I think I finaly understand what it means to put as much or even more wotk into your game outside the tables and that motivates me alot, especially when I see how just small adjustments massivly change how comferteble and in controll I feel in a spot :D  

Result wise Ive got ITM 24.3% and won 6/83 - 7.2% , biggest cash was 400 Eur for 1/182 in the 5 eur re/ad Nebula.

Mtts Won

Deep Space 1K Gdt - 5 eur 

Crazy Moon 200Gdt - 5 Eur

Shooting star 500 Gdt - 5 Eur

Shooting star 400Gdt - 10 Eur

Multiverse 600 Gdt - 5 Eur re/ad

• Like 10

Wow. That are some nice results @triceraatopp what's the highest BI you play without quali's? Because playing R/A is a hidden higher BI which can be tricky for your BR sometimes :)

• Like 1
I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

@VikingsAF thank you :) YEah you are definatly right about the re/ad can be very costly! Highest I play without a ticket is 25, I dont play all the 25s but I add them sometimes. I only reenter Deep impact of the 25s but due to some minor impuls controll issues I sometimes do dum stuff like late reg odyssey without a ticket :happyshy: But thats pretty rare now when I keep track of everything :)

• Like 1

I know the impuls control :p

I find it cool you can keep that good of a BR even with that control issue :p hahah

If I can be honest I think 25 games are maybe a bit too high for your BR, since you have only 30 BI's then? Or is the BR graph from a few posts already outdated longtime?

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

haha yeah impulsivity is a struggle :p @VikingsAF

Oh  no thats not my br in the graphs, I decided to not post my BR here bcs I play at other sites aswell sometimes and I constantly withdrawl to not temp myself to take shots at to high stakes so the graph start from 0 and then just shows my profit/loss from day 1 (7th april). So every time I buy in I put in the amount of BI+re/ad and then when Im out I put in the amount i won, if I bust before itm I just write 0. Then my sheet calculate the total amount in a separete colum so it looks like this.

Screenshot_44.thumb.png.77e21d8d587a4945e2c6f2c1db1786a3.pngScreenshot_43.thumb.png.d90cf71a9e5b8b1a76fe8dba68ad450d.pngSo in the Buy in colum I write the buy in cost, then I add the total number of rebuy or addons and the next colum calculate my total cost for that game, as you can se here I did two reentrys in black hole, then the Total BI calculates that to 15 eur. In results I then write down how much i won , then i inut what posistion i finished in how and how many players in total and it calculates in what percentage of the field i ended up. After that i just put yes or no so it can calculate my itm % and last colum will show my total profit or loss from i started this but that includes both tickets and cash as you can se it goes up 75 eur after I played a 25 eur qualifier and won a 100 eur ticket.

When Im presenting my result I have separate tables that extract only the MTT or only the specifik type of qualifier I want to show :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So one month in to my tracking the results looks like this. I played 377 games in total which is a lot less then I normaly do but quality trumphs quantity and I instead spend a lot more time studdying off the tables. 

The last couple of months I learned alot but my studdying have been sporadic and unstructured, I didnt really know how to approch it and undervalued the importence of consistency and mentalgame. The biggest score for me this month cant be presented in a graph, even if it hopefully will affect them later on ;) My big win of april is that Ive came to a bunch of realisations about mindset, dicipline and preparation and I think I acculy starting to take poker serious now! I thought I did before but looking back at how I my thoughts went just a month ago I definatly did not. 

May will be an exiting month, its only 8 days until I fly to Malta for my first ever live event and I couldent be more hyped! 

So with that said, here is some graphs.

Screenshot_87.png.8e4dbb09f0acbe43a4e3b2728576eb27.png

Screenshot_84.png.b000b28f1a4ae0b2e45e11cf34c5f89a.pngScreenshot_85.png.ba638eaab0375b7f246243b095bce0a6.png

All and all Im +920 Eur at Unibet, since theres not so many MTTs running on weekdays here I also played a bit at party last week. Lucky decicion since Ive been on a massive heater with BR showing +1241 Eur after about 50 games. I will start tracking my results there aswell since sharkscope dont differenciate between SNGs and MTTs in the free version.

Ive reached a bunch of final tables but way to often I bust before final three, the work I put down on my HU game have been paying off though and I have 3 second places vs 10 first places when getting HU :)

Tournaments won:

Screenshot_89.png.a12b61e5a76fb25e2b9afab3fc8131bd.png

• Like 5

I definatly recomend it @MetalWolf! Even in this very short period of time I see a big difference in my way of thinking since I started taking studdying seriously :D Fore me its not the result that matters the most, they will come in the long run, but the feeling I get when Im suddenly comforteble in spots where I struggled earlier and even more the feeling when I find leaks in my mentalgame and am able to approch them!

For example I naivly thought that I didnt tilt since I rarly never get upset in the way other players do but that turned out to be a massive self deception, my tilt just showed in a different but equaly damaging way.

Thank you for the good luck wishes, I am so exited :d:D:D

• Like 4

@triceraatoppSome great points and you are right that the results will come as long as you are playing your best game. I'm actually disappointed at my ROI this year (around 10.76%, €1100 profit from 1450 games) and I feel like that sample size should be showing better profit for my level. For example in 2017 I only played 2100 games overall with an ROI of 26.05% and profit of £4500. But being lazy I think I'm better than I actually am and need to brush up on a few studies and plug a few leaks! 🤣

I am proud I won the Nano leaderboard in the UOS and came in the top 10 overall leaderboard so happy to know I'm still doing something right, but feel like with a bit of fine tuning I could be so much better! The last month for me has been very quiet for poker but from Tuesday I am expecting to be putting in full time hours for a couple weeks so see how it goes! I won't be in Malta unfortunately but I will be in Glasgow which I noticed you have a seat for so hopefully by the time that comes round I will have done a bit more reading 😃

Good luck!

• Like 1

Im very impressed by your performance in the series! You should definatly feel proud of that @MetalWolf ! I dont think you should worry about the roi, with that relativly small sample size its hard to draw any conclusions of from your roi other then that you are clearly a winning player at your stake  

Nice that you will find time to studdy and play more, looking forward to meet you in Glasgow  

• Like 1

@triceraatopp

I mostly play low stakes cash games over various platforms. 

But im trying to improve in my MTT and all round skills. As for studying I can only use what I have as I don’t have any poker books. With that being said my resources are mainly internet articles and experience. 

Nice @Shoryureppa  I dont know how comfertoble you are with the fundamentals, but if you just starting out with mtt:s I could recomend pokerstrategy.com which is free and have a learning path with videos and articles on a basic level :) they also have equilab and some other software to download for free :) 

If u are okey with paying a small sum I recomend floattheturn or runitonce. Floattheturn is like 10dollars a month and have a lot of value with video content and free livestreamed webinars with Jonathab Little for members, push/fold quizes, charts and an app that is basicly the same as snapshove.

I also like runitonce its about 25 ish a month and they have a lot of high quality content, for lowstakes I like Owen Shields in particular but there is a ton of others that are great to :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all!

So May turned out to be a really great poker month for me, I was so hyped before going to Malta, nervous ofc but mostly thrilled by finaly getting to play live for the first time and accually meet other people with the same interest in the game as me. Up until now my only interaction with other players had been online so that was a really exiding thing! 

Im so extremly thannkfull for all support from u guys here in the community and twitch chat, I get so happy and it gave me alot of confidence during UO aswell <3<3<3

Unibet Open turned out to be even better then I could have imagined, everybody was so nice and I felt so welcomed :D I havent managed to get a package for Bucharest yet even though I played three finals so far but I will keep the grind up bcs I definatly want to experience this again :D

In Malta I started off playing day 1a, it was quite the struggle with the chips at first and I ended up limping instead of opening the first 5 hands I wanted to play. I knew that a raise have to happen in one move and soon learned that one chip is a call if not stated otherwise but I missed that you have to say raise and the sum when the chips is still in the air and my table mates where not really keen to explain that haha. I got a hang of it after some time though and exept a few mistakes it mostly went fine :)

I had another, way bigger problem though and that was that my body betraid me, I could not for my life stop shaking as soon as a hand was played, it didnt even matter if I was in the hand 🤣 I realiced that this would give of quite some live tells so I came up with a counteract strategy inspired by Phil Ivy youtube videos where he is completly motionless during a hand with exception of his eyes.

I took it a step further and tryed to dont even move my eyes, only looking at the first flop card during the whole hand, it felt a bit rude to not answer when opponents tryed to talk to me and in one akward situation I accedently tanked for 5 min when I missed that my opponent snap checked to me on the river, but otherwise it worked and I managed to get a bunch of succesfull bluffs through in big pots :D I surveided into day 2 with about 116k (30k starting) which gave me a good position when we continued. 

Day to was a bit swingy, I had @FeelsBadMan with a short stack to my left and he succesfully stole my opens the first hour leaving me with about 80k. Luckely I got moved and even if my new table consisted of two of the top 5 guys I definatly prefered that over NMPfan & Dbergie ;) I stayed away from the solid guys and maneged to chip upp to 180k, when we were getting close to the money (4 or 5 off) I unfortunetly missplayed a hand vs Kristof Segers who was a big stack. I open TcTh from HJ and flop came Kc5c7s, i bet 1/3 and he called, turn brings 5h and when Im about to check some stupied impuls takes over and I find myself betting 60% pot, he raise ofc and I have to fold. With 130k ish left Im still in decent shape but I dont get any more playeble hands and when the bubble finaly bursts Im down to 95k which was around 12bb I think, I then looked down at AKo in the LJ and open shoved but got called by KK and ended up in 38th place. 

Im very very happy with my overall performance even if I know I have aloot to improve. I can identify a lot of the mistakes I made and equaly important, I can see which spots I played really good due to the time I put down into studdying :D it gives me so much drive to keep studdying and work on my game! And the cash was really nice aswell ofc !

Another update about online results and UOS comming soon :)

• Like 20