Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

Loyalty freeeroll: a great chance was missed

When I have looked after my chances for moving up quicker than grinding freerolls I found some loyalty points on my twitch account, so I started watching the Davitsche stream and rounded up my points to the ticket for the next freeroll. I didn't have great expectations, because the payout was limited and all of my opponents were skilled players.

In the beginning everything was bright and shiny, I had good starting hands and they held too. In the early phase I was the chipleader too but short after that I was moved to another table and that happened after I settled down:

l3.png

Winning that hand could be strengthen my position at the new table and I would be able to steal more blinds or pots, but I lost it and fall back from respected chipleader to average guy position.

I have never had more chips during the tourney, but I didn't give up and tried to return to big guy's playground:

l1.png

Calling this was a little bit risky but knocking out an enemy and gaining some respect for the future raises seemed be an acceptable deal for me.

l2.png

I lost this flip too and i fought desperately for the double up in the remaining hands, but I forgot the quality of other players, so preflop allins didn't work and finally I got trapped with aces in where my 8k haven't got any chance.

None of those hands was a big deal, but for me they were a real criple hands and how funny poker is both players, who were inches from elimination, made it. Congrats guys.

l4.png

Highlighted
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

Still not good stuff

My secret plan was earning at least one ticket via regular freerolls and converting that into cash in January, but it seems the journey will be longer than expected. Currently I have reached the 50 tourney milestone and still making bad moves like this:

bluff.png

What happened in the screenshots? I played very tight and that was granted with pocket aces this time. My preflop move was a real straight one and I don't think the caller was surpized when I showed a very strong hand. Right after that hand I decided to exploit my tight agressive gimmick to steal the big blind but I failed. Checking the situation again I risked too much and a simple 3 BB bet would be better. It seems I should make do with smaller success like I watched a quality twitch stream, there is a new version of Subnautica and the original one is getting cheaper or I beat the shining star of the offensive username topic.

star.png

See you later!

psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

Poor result after the first 100 regular freerolls

Playing 100 regular freerolls doesn't seem a big deal and  this sample isn't very cogent too, but can easily prognosticate the tendency of my ticket earning skills. Let's see the chart:

cs.png

I have played 100 regular freerolls and earned 4 tickets. Let's see what happened when I put those on MTT roulette :

tickets.png

At least I completed one part of the first February mission and if a miracle will happen this month I will be able to earn additional 50 bonus points. Instead of dreaming back to reality. Unfortunately I wasn't able to convert any ticket to cash, so it seems this journey will last longer than expected. The worst thing is that my current expected number for turning cash from freerolls is 0 real cash position from 100 regular freerolls - which is unacceptable. It would be awesome increasing my ticket earning ability to 5 tickets/100 games which would help me to boost my cash/freerolls quotient. My biggest leak is that I can't handle situations like this:

tp.png

Only 24 remaining applicants competed for the 18 tickets  and I tried to steal some blinds to ensure myself some elbow room before the real jostling starts. My line was straight and I represented a strong hand so the reraise should ring a bell on my side. I checked the current tournament standing (24 players), the stacks, my remained stack if I would decide to fold and made a quick calculation about my possible playing style with that stack. I sadly realized that my stack isn't enough for a folding game and we were close but not enough close to the hand-for-hand mode which gives a preflop allin a lot more respect and I also need a double up to stay alive and there were no insurence that I would get a better hand so I went allin and hoped my fold equity would save me. But miracle rarely happens, my enemy called my reraise allin and won the hand. If you are curious what he has:

Spoiler
tp2.png

I don't know if the preflop allin could save my ass, but now I'm sure my 4BB raise wasn't a good move. I should went allin or limp. I'm sure I will find a solution for situations like this during my next 100 games, because the gate is near and some day It will be open for me.

tennis.pngPreflop allin-what else?:-)

At least my nemesis had a very creative and funny name. See you at the 200 games checkpoint.

TTABKATA Rank 20
Rank 20

@psrquackyou have to rise this 4 %. By my opinion minimum have to be 12% Smile

Good luck 

GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

@psrquack If it's any consolation I'm pretty sure the villain with JJ would have called your all in, so the result would not have changed. Those with big stacks at the later stages tend to call lighter, assuming you're shoving lighter and taking the risk to gain an even bigger stack. Stick at it, your time will come.Thumbs Up

It Is What It Is
psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

Thanks for your response guys. I have had 2 bubble boy results next to the ticket ones, so I'm sure 5-6 would be douable for the next 100 games, 12 seems a little bit far for my current skills. It would be also possible with MTT selection (playing the large ticket giveaway tourney's and the night ones with many sit outs and smaller field and skip the 9 ticket giver Unibet Open qualifiers), but that would extend the freeroll phase of this challenge extremely long and I also have commitments and life so i can't play 24/7. I also agree with GR1ZZL3R's post, but that hand would represent all the situations, when I have a stack approximately 10-12 BB's, when the bubble is near (less than 10 players left) but due to the environment (stack of other players, agressive blind increase levels/ante, not a full table, procrastination of acting of others to save their stack) it wouldn't last till the ITM comes. So I try to went allin with the top 10% of the hands when I'm acting first till I double up to 20-25 BB's or bust. The main problem is with that behaviour that I skip the opportunity of postflop folds of other players (they have the option call or fold preflop) and they will usually call with any Ax or better which would occour a coinflip situation most of the times and putting all my tourney's success on a coinflip isn't one of the best moves. So my goal is to improve my postflop game next to the bubble during the next 100 games.

psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

Just another bottomless pit

We have had the next stage of the Unibet Open series this week and I had big expectations toward my bankroll builder plan, because freerolls were on horizon. I mean freerolls, but unfortunately that idiom means completely contradictionary notion for me and for the betting company. I can't accept calling a tourney "freeroll", which has a buy in and a cash rebuy option. For the company this hybrid is a quite fair offer. Maybe the client has a limited player capaticy and they tried to reduce the number of entrants at prime time to avoid the crash of the client what would be a big  failure for the company. Now all the tourneys run well, but minor and mayor bugs are still alive. I don't know who took care of the twitch channel, but on Tuesday before the first stream the infos weren't updated and if you tried the !pass command for the upcoming freeroll it gave out the last pass of the last event, so noone attended to keep the bot up to date since last year. That was a minor bug only, but forgiving to give out the password for the tourney and leaving the tourney fall to cancel like the crew did on Tuesday is totally unacceptable. Maybe they have learned this skill from the master of illusionists, who hocus-pocused the standings in the past and the main page this week.

After the bug hunting let's back to bottomless pit. I had some small change on my sneaky pool, which was smaller than the requested €0.40 which means I couldn't use it for a qualifier so I started to risk a chunk of them on the hybrid tourneys.

c2.png

Spoiler
Centrolls.png

I have spent €0.16 from the sneaky pool on this tourneys and won nothing, but gained some experience on Wormhole, Singularity and Shooting Star bounty, so it was a well spent amount. I hope developers will implement the direct link to the poker client before the next stop starts, so the experience will come one click closer. See you at 200regular or 100irregular MTT's checkpoint again.

psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

Some progress, standing: €3.58

We have got an undeserved gift from Unibet on Saturday, when the provider fixed the bounty freeroll bug and the bounties were taken partially back. It seems the Unibet Open qualifiers are currently without bounties, but I can handle the situation. This comeback means an easier track and maybe a faster progress for me, but i have to adapt my playing style a little bit towards to more agressive raise-do-or-die poker. I have to call in -EV situations when I have the bigger stack and I have to reduce my play to more preflop allin decisions. Due to the ITM changes I also have to find the turning point when the possible cash game ticket will be more important than a possible 2 cents bounty, but I think that situation will rarely happen and usually in the last 10 minutes of the tourney. I also have to make difficult decisions like having 2 pairs on the same suit A high board when none of my pairs are the ace and can't make the flush and both of us have more than average chipstack but my enemy has top pair or flushdraw at 60 players on the 9 seat tournament. The next possible challenge will be the rapid fill of seats after the tournament's registration is open. Nowadays I allowed myself being a little comfortable and clicked on the register button 1-2 minutes after the start, but now, especially in prime time, I should do it as soon as possible, or I will miss the tourney. Speedrun is back!

The new structure means the closure of the old regular games format, so my statistic is:

roos.png

Spoiler
tickets.png

I run better in the last 44 games, so I gained some power from the around minicash results, and I'm ready to hunt the necessary bounties to the next step.

psrquack Rank 25
Rank 25

Just another failed plan

The pressure was too high today and I couldn't resist. 5-yer anniversary missions were implemented to the client and the reward was a juicy €1 MTT ticket. To make the ticket more desired  the next round of the Community League was also helt tonight so I have made a very clever and inpenetrable plan to play the cheapest community game with the help of the anniversary ticket.  I have faced with the first obstacle after I realized there is only 30 minutes left till the beginning of the MTT. I wasn't very excited, because there is always a late registration period, so I clicked calmly on the tourney information button to see how many added minutes I will have and I was really shocked, because it was no late registration period. Well, I was in the hands of my table mates but they liked to raise preflop, so I missed the tourney. I didn't give up and made another plan with the MTT ticket. The plan was great, but as many of you already know this isn't a general MTT ticket and you can register to one tourney with it. So another 30-60 minutes play and busto coming on Sunday.

The result of the Omaha and Holdem flop hunt was zero.

Spoiler
5-year missions.png
cris1285 Rank 21
Rank 21

That 4 ticket in 100 freerolls was with the previous system (~18 paid places, 87 paid places at 18:15 - no bounties)? If yes, no way thats your standard, im sure you can do much much better, i saw you many times at the tables before. Probably you just had a bad time at the tables, bad beats, bad decisions, etc. And not that 100 freerolls is a big sample. If w the current payouts, yeah, unfortunately its really hard Dissatisfied

Good luck in the mission freerolls Cash