Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esir Rank 13
Rank 13

Hey guys,

I managed to reach the 100k challenge points milestone and get myself a ticket to an Unibet Open satellite. I was wondering if anyone got some tips on how to approach this cause it seems like everytime I try to play some MTTs it's basicly a donation towards the prize pool (unless I sun walk).

Capture (1).JPG

I would like to be part of an UO experience so I might make a challenge out of it once I'm done with this one.

On the cash game side everything is going on good, managed to overcome the run bad and poor results from the end of the february. We reached over 8k flops until now which is well above my estimates to be on track with the challenge. Let's hope this trend continues until the end of the month and we might dip our toes into bigger pools in april.

Capture.JPG

Thank you,
Esir

Better to be lucky than good.
Esir Rank 13
Rank 13

Short update.

Yesterday I decided to take a shot at 25NL, things didn't go so well as I lost 5 BI. The play style from 10NL to 25NL is totally different, people are hyper aggresive almost maniacs 3-betting K5o or squeezing 76o from SB, Aces no longer require 2 cards. It looks like every one wants to avoid seeing flops in order to not pay the atrocious rake (paying ~1€ because me and another guy both got dealt AK and went all in to split). I guess I have to nit up and play 6% of hands.
This is an observation of play style and other dynamics of this limit. Maybe there are other 25NL players that can add some things. 
Regarding the rake at 25NL many players have been vocal about it and it looks like Unibet keeps postponing these changes (I can see why).

I'll move back to 10NL to rebuild what we lost and take another shot in the future, hopefully I'll be better prepared and RNG will be on our side.

Brag Hand:

Decided to squeeze T8dd from the button only to flop the goodies and turn the coconuts. And on top of that our opponent decides to lead into us on the turn.

Str8Flush.JPGDING

See you at the tables,
Esir

Brocky Rank 17
Rank 17
Playing 6% of hands is not the way to beat 25nl. Aggression increases as you move up stakes for a reason.
0 Likes
Esir Rank 13
Rank 13

@Brocky wrote:
Playing 6% of hands is not the way to beat 25nl. Aggression increases as you move up stakes for a reason.

Indeed it was an exageration on my side to emphasize the environment of 25NL. But with tables being anonymous, having little to no info on your opponents and 90% of the opened pots being 3-bet I thinking tightening my range is the safest approach. Atleast until I get a good idea on how the population plays on this limit. And get back to the drawing board cause it's clear I have some leaks to patch.

0 Likes
Brocky Rank 17
Rank 17
GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

Well done on the points @Esir  and the number of hands played, keep it going.

There's no reason why not to take shots every so often, hopefully it will stick after a few goes. Don't worry about the stakes, just treat the table as if it's full of maniacs as you would at a lower level, I'm sure you'll have had plenty of those at times.

Good luck with the ticket as well, play steady and go careful with your shove and call ranges which you'll probably need at some time, don't panic if you get low on chips and don't think you have to play to win, you can qualify with 2 or 3 bb, just as good as a monster stack when you bag the ticket and very satisfying.SmileThumbs Up

It Is What It Is
Esir Rank 13
Rank 13

Hello guys,

Short update. Today the RNG gods were on my side as I went on a massive heater to end the session 25BIs up. So if you are having a rough period don't forget that good things will come with discipline and patience.

Side Challenge update:

I managed to beat my previous record of 920bb on two tables during this session. My biggest stack being now at 1120bb.

Capture.JPG

See you at the tables and have fun,
Esir

Esir Rank 13
Rank 13

Hello,

So March is finally over, the month went better than February, I don't have the results yet but I guess they will reflect this. I had a bit more free time this month and managed to put in the hours. I think I surpassed the 100k mark hands but we'll see for sure in the coming days.

Also with the end of the month also came the end of the 1st quarter. So if anyone is looking to grind mostly 10NL this is the amount of challenge points you'll probably achieve over around 250k - 300k hands. The rakeback is not that impressive, I think it starts being noticeable once you start playing 100NL+. But nonetheless it is something.

Quarter.JPGFlops seen March / Challenge Points 1st Quarter
I'll be back next days with the usual updates.

Have an amazing week,
Esir

Esir Rank 13
Rank 13

Hello,

The March update is here:

• Hands Played: 124565 / 85000
  • Total Hands: 294207 / 1000000
  • Winrate: 10bb/100 (4NL) | 8bb/100 (10NL) | -4bb/100 (25NL)

Most of the hands were played on the 10NL so the other limits are not so relevant but I'll keep including them as they are part of the journey. My 25NL adventure did not start so well, I took a few shots but I got sent back to my 10NL tables. I ended the month with 2BIs down at 25NL. I'll keep on trying until it becomes part of my regular schedule but I won't be reckless with my bankroll as I was in the past and got sent back to single tabling 4NL. Beside being a volume challenge this is also somehow a bankroll "challenge" as I'm trying to climb the Unibet Cash Ladder, become a regular on the higher limits and improve my game with every limit I play. But I won't get into details on this matter as they are not relevant to the main subject and it may also take more than a few months.

This is it for now, thank you for reading and have fun at the tables.
Esir

GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

Thankyou for the update.

The number of hands is nicely on target and the winrate is positive, just keep going and you will get there, gl. Thumbs UpSmile

It Is What It Is