One Million (hands) in One Year

Esir

Hi @Esir 

Very nice win rates you've got going there 😃

Any more details ? interested in the jump from 25-50?  and are the rates pre or post rake?

Have been trying 25 myself having a bumpy ride at the moment :speechless:

Much luck to you at the 50S ♥️

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@SDmonkey wrote:

Hi @Esir 

Very nice win rates you've got going there 😃

Any more details ? interested in the jump from 25-50?  and are the rates pre or post rake?

Have been trying 25 myself having a bumpy ride at the moment :speechless:

Much luck to you at the 50S ♥️

Thank you @SDmonkey.

The winrates are post rake. I'm looking forward to play on the 50NL tables again but I'm taking a slower approach in order to avoid big swings. While I played it during April it was pretty stressful and forgot to enjoy the game.

25NL is my nemesis to as you can see from the winrates. But I'll keep pushing. It's pretty hard for anyone to be a winner considering the rake.

Good luck to you too.

• Like 2
Better to be lucky than good.

• 4 weeks later...

@SDmonkey wrote:

Hey @Esir any updates?

Hello,

Yes. I have to get the cash results in order to update the challenge.

Don't know why but the longer months of the year feel like they never finish (I guess that's a good thing), I felt this about March, had the same feeling now about May.

This month was pretty interesting, the first half was great, steady growth nothing out of ordinary, then I think around 16th of May something happened, I lost around 12 BI in one day, awful experience. Like this was not enough the next day I lost another 16. As you imagine this was not very pleasant.

On a positive note the following days went normal. I managed to get back everything in 3 days and since then everything is in acceptable parameters.

Got also a few personal achievements this month.

Best chop pot ever,

CHOPPOT.thumb.JPG.a5d58957accbdbaa33f41153f92e9d29.JPG

Got bored around 5 am in the morning and decided to play a tournament, ended up shipping it (5E Shooting Star)

Shipit.jpg.5d13788a3a1a6464d37cd860ed4ba1c3.jpg

Managed to get more Challenge Points this quarter (so far), than all my previous quarters combined.

CPoints.JPG.490a3fbbe328a790dd4b58dedcdd914f.JPG

I'll be back in the following days with an update on the challenge also.

Good luck guys!

Esir

• Like 8

@MadAdo wrote:

@Esir  how many times did you hit PrizeDrop? Gold or Silver "only"? Nice challenge points count by the way 🆗

This promotion was pretty generous to me.

I think I hit 10+ Silvers, 10+ Bronze, and 1 Gold, the 5k bonus points one.

• Like 3

Hello,

May Challenge Update:

Hands Played: 104119 / 85000

Total Hands: 517178 / 1000000

Winrate:

• 10NL: 15.01bb/100
  • 25NL: 2.22bb/100
  • 50NL: -14.03bb/100 (Rekt in 8k hands, had to drop down)

You can see where my mid May downswing happened mostly. As this was not enough June started the same. Poker is such an interesting game from a mental perspective, it elevates you, gets you to cloud nine when you win and makes you feel hopeless, trashed when you lose. But as a famous quote says "Those who don't fall, never learn to stand."

Also 25NL gives me mixed feelings I'm not sure if my results and all the rakeback is more profitable than playing 10NL. I really wish Unibet would hurry up with the rake changes and make 25NL as enjoyable as the lower limits. 

Anyway, I'll continue mixing 10NL and 25NL this month in order to reach the 600k Challenge Points and figure out next month what is better to do.

Good luck and have fun!
Esir

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hello,

June Challenge Update:

Hands Played: 69186 / 85000

Total Hands: 586364 / 1000000

Winrate:

• 10NL: 7.23bb/100
  • 25NL: -4.84bb/100

One of the worst months since I started the challenge, not much to comment on this. This is to be expected in poker. Had some personal stuff to solve, that kinda slowed me down so I wasn't able to put in the hours and focus properly. Let's hope this changes in the coming months. 

I'm looking forward to the Summer Bash Challenge, this gave me a boost in motivation and I'm aiming for the 1st prize. I'm not sure yet if I'll play 10NL or 4NL for this challenge. So if you're also taking part in it let a comment down, let's see who are the serious contenders.

This is all from me for now, good luck at the tables.
Esir

• Like 5

@Esir wrote:

So if you're also taking part in it let a comment down, let's see who are the serious contenders.

Esir

I won 50Euros in @AndreiBN's competition & I'm gonna exchange my poker points for cash game tickets & give it a serious go @Esir 

See you at the tables Mate & Good Luck Mate !

• Like 2
Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

@Nestabear wrote:

@Esir wrote:

So if you're also taking part in it let a comment down, let's see who are the serious contenders.

Esir

I won 50Euros in @AndreiBN's competition & I'm gonna exchange my poker points for cash game tickets & give it a serious go @Esir 

See you at the tables Mate & Good Luck Mate !

Can't wait to see some familiar names at the tables. Thank you and good luck to you too. 

• 5 weeks later...

@UAC Thanks for checking back on my blog. A break is welcome in order for the passion to reignite. That's what also motivated me to start the challenge. Had a half year break but I came back with more determination and passion.

@Silver1 Thanks a lot. The challenge is already done in my head, just a matter of time. Good luck to you.

For now I'm just waiting for my results in order to update it for July.

• Like 4

Hello,

July Challenge Update:

Hands Played: 88833 / 85000

Total Hands: 675197 / 1000000

Winrate:

• 4NL: 12.27bb/100
  • 10NL: 10.34bb/100

July was a good overall month, nothing out of ordinary. Don't have much to add. I'm just a bit disappointed that I could not build a decent sized stack for the Summer Bash competition.

On the other hand this month I managed to beat my previous record from 1190bbs to 1264bbs. I had an extremely long session that was one of the best and worse at the same time. Never ever I felt so conflicted :Rofl: :Teardrop: finishing up in a session, but this is the first time in my life where I got one outted on the river, twice in the same day. This topped it off so there's no need to talk about the other ridiculous things that poker can bring. :Rofl:

See you next time and good luck at the tables (please stop hitting quads on the river tho).
Esir

Capture.JPG.ed49d4e165797d02c0bb644455965761.JPG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hey nice, amazing how you have kept this volume up. Win rate is still amazing too across both stakes.

Guess it has been asked before but how many tables are you generally playing and are you looking to move up to 25nl? Seems you're crushing the smaller limits

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

August Challenge Update:

Hands Played: 105152 / 85000

Total Hands: 780349 / 1000000

Winrate:

• 10NL: 3.28bb/100

Short update on August results. As you can see I managed to put in the volume but unfortunately the results are not the desired ones. But as long as they are positive I cannot complain. I took a short break in September to recharge my batteries so the volume will probably be below the monthly target but overall we are pretty ahead in the challenge so no presure on the volume side.

This is all for now, see you next month.
Esir

• Like 4

@UAC wrote:

Hey nice, amazing how you have kept this volume up. Win rate is still amazing too across both stakes.

Guess it has been asked before but how many tables are you generally playing and are you looking to move up to 25nl? Seems you're crushing the smaller limits

Hey UAC,

Sorry for the late answer. I always start with 6 tables and when I feel like I reached a focused state and want to put in the volume I add 2 more. But the optimal setup is for sure 6 tables (for me). As an exception I might drop to fewer tables if I have to focus on a specific one but I did that at higher stakes mostly.

Moving up on stakes depends mostly on my bankroll and other factors. I used to play 25NL regularly but these days less. I mostly dip my toes in the pool using tickets from promotions and rakeback. I'm looking forward to the changes that Unibet want to do with the rake on mid stakes. 😃

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

September Challenge Update:

Hands Played: 88002 / 85000

Total Hands: 868351 / 1000000

Winrate:

• 4NL: 3.70bb/100
  • 10NL: 5.45bb/100

The bad results continued in September as you can see. The month was a total rollercoaster, this was the first time I almost busted my roll multiple times playing 25NL. I did not add the winrates for this stake as I have under 5k hands but it was around -15bb/100.

At the lowest point my roll was 4.68€ and 800 Bonus Points. I could have added more funds and have a roll for 10NL but I decided to make a personal challenge and see if I can come back from this. So I decided to buy a 4NL ticket with the bonus points and started grinding 6 tables with 50bbs. I managed to clear the ticket at 26€. Now I was sitting on 30€ and decided to apply the same strategy playing 10NL but a bit more cautious. So I was 4 tabling 10NL with 50bbs. After around 14 hours of grind my bankroll was back in a spot where I could play my normal game. So to all the micro grinders that are reading this you can build a roll from almost nothing if you are motivated and focused (and have a little bit of luck of course :Happyshy:).
PS: Don't play 10NL with 30€, respect bankroll management. I was prepared to add more funds in case I busted.

71241381_2436352279977306_4269160031519244288_n.thumb.jpg.b49d0963571513a07fa5af7cdd7349bb.jpg1219779946_NL4Ticket.JPG.25a4cce05a4c03045bcacaf63708985c.JPG

On a positive note, October started very good so I expect better winrates compared to the previous months. 

Short story from today:
I decided to take another shot at 25NL using a ticket bought with Bonus Points. So again I split it into 2 buyins (BRM is very important :Rofl:), I busted pretty fast the first 50bbs and I was left with the other 50. At one point I am in the big blind with 69ss :Smirk:, MP min raises, everyone folds to SB which calls and I decide to complete. Flop: JdTs7s, so a pretty good flop for us and our ~50bbs, everyone checks and the turn is the As, the dream came true. SB checks, I decide to bet pretty big so I can shove on the river; MP folds and SB hits us with the good old min raise, at this point I was a bit worried that we might be beat but there's no way I'm folding a flush with 50bbs so decided to shove. Surely the SB snap calls and delivers the bad news, he turns over J4ss. I was already thinking my 25NL adventure was done but RNGJesus :Angel: had something else planned for us and decided to give us another chance at this shot.

71498684_1099497903586395_7005296083039420416_n.thumb.jpg.4e10664a3fce338bdad05d8d0e9bc8b4.jpg

Surely after this miracle, things went pretty good and I managed to clear the ticket.

25NL.JPG.bb955e93cca8d2fb44810c3473d8efea.JPG

This is all from me for now, I hope you enjoyed these stories and maybe some of you will find a little bit of inspiration in them. I wish you good luck and don't forget to have fun at the tables.

Esir

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

October is finally over and with great pleasure I announce that also the challenge is over. Thanks to the flop race I managed to put enough volume in order to finish the challenge 2 months earlier. And what a month this was, by far my best month of the year, I'm sure I ran well but also my game improved a lot since I first started the challenge.

October Challenge Update:

Hands Played: 151747 / 85000

Total Hands: 1020098 / 1000000

Winrate:

• 10NL: 13.18bb/100
  • 25NL: 9.54bb/100

I also had some 50NL sessions with positive winrate but the volume is not big enough so I did not include that.
I'll add below a graph representation of how it all went since I had 4 left in my account from last month. I excluded the numbers but you'll get the idea.

October.thumb.jpg.31fb58431ece01c8cb630ccc799a6120.jpg

This is all from me guys. I hope this blog helps some of you to get the motivation and determination to get on the tables because it surely helped me.

I'll be back next year with a bonus update on how my entire year went and compile all the results.

Thanks a lot for following and good luck at the tables!
ESIR

• Like 7

• 3 months later...

Hello,

As promised I am back with an overall summary regarding the challenge. :happy:

2019 Challenge:

Total Hands: 1151413

Winrates:

• 4NL: 16.36 bb/100
  • 10NL: 7.96 bb/100
  • 25NL: 0.90 bb/100

Making this blog helped me a lot to push the volume when I felt demotivated and I encourage you to do the same if you feel you lack the determination.

I have nothing planned yet for 2020, my only wish is to push through the limits, especially 25NL.

This is all from me for now. Hope you enjoyed following this challenge as much as I did doing it.

Wish you all the best and good luck at the tables.
ESIR

• Like 12

• 1 year later...