One Million (hands) in One Year

Esir

So I decided to start a challenge in 2019 in order to keep myself engaged with poker, Unibet and this awesome community and I will attempt to play one million hands at the cash tables. This averages at around 85k hands per month. I will start at the micros and move up and down in stakes  depending on my bankroll.

I will post the following informations each month:

• Hands Played
  • Total Hands Played
  • Winrate (bb/100)

As a reference point, from the 1st of October until today I have played ~230k hands.

I will also have a side challenge, inspired by the Christmas community one, I will try to beat my previous biggest stack (800 big blinds). You are welcome to come along on this one.

I might also post from time to time hands that I find interesting.

See ya in February with an update on the challenge and how January went.

Esir

• Like 15
Better to be lucky than good.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice to see players getting inspired in & by the Community @Esir 👍

Good luck with your challenge... I'm intrigued to see how you get along. 

Just a suggestion @Esir, but 1 month is real long to wait for an update. Can we have bi-monthly updates maybe or weekly mini updates &  monthly full breakdown update?
  • Like 2
Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Best of luck in this @Esir, 2,739 hands per day is about a week's work for me if I'm feeling good. 🤣 I did enjoy the Advent cash challenge, you might see me trying that again, and it's obvious you have the patience to do it so get stacking.:cash:

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@Nestabear Thank you, I will for sure post some highlights of my sessions (brags or beats) if anything special happens, but considering that I have to reach the support or the forum moderators for details I don't want to bother them to much. And I don't want to set some expectations for you guys and not be able to deliver. That's why I said that once a month I for sure am able to come and update the challenge.

@Silver1 That would be my goal, but for now it's only side income.

• Like 3

1.000.000 hands? How do you plan to stay sharp throughout?

Business is about to pick up for this guy, I assume....

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u3

• Like 1
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu Well I might burn out during this challenge, it happened before. That's why I decided to share it with the commuity so I have some kind of motivation and pressure to deliver. Having a balanced life outside of poker will be the key.

@Silver1 I usually play 6 tables, very rarely less, sometimes more if the action is really bad. Only Unibet for this challenge.

• Like 1

Wow, it’s a bunch of hours for make up for those 1M hands! If I get it right it’s about +6600h if you do 6 tables, wich counts for approximately 150hands/hour. But you have managed to put in 230K for October so it feels like you are the man for the job:) Just putting down the figures so people understand (if they are not into the figures) how much time there is behind the work.

Do you have an estimation of your current win rate?

• Like 1

@Silver1 wrote:

Wow, it’s a bunch of hours for make up for those 1M hands! If I get it right it’s about +6600h if you do 6 tables, wich counts for approximately 150hands/hour. But you have managed to put in 230K for October so it feels like you are the man for the job:) Just putting down the figures so people understand (if they are not into the figures) how much time there is behind the work.

Do you have an estimation of your current win rate?

Around 10bb/100. But I think I played pretty poorly. Hope it improves starting next year.

• Like 1

@Silver1 wrote:

For me the win rate goes up if I cut down the tables. I’m landing in less marginal spots in that way. Usually playing 4 tables and sometimes 6 but seen I do better at 4.

For sure playing less tables is beneficial to your gameplay. But I take this trade off for the long term roi. And I found that six tables is the sweet spot for me. Not too boring and not too chaotic.

Also if you are on a tight bankroll it's better to play less for the reasons you mentioned.

• Like 1

@Esir wrote:

@Silver1 wrote:

For me the win rate goes up if I cut down the tables. I’m landing in less marginal spots in that way. Usually playing 4 tables and sometimes 6 but seen I do better at 4.

For sure playing less tables is beneficial to your gameplay. But I take this trade off for the long term roi. And I found that six tables is the sweet spot for me. Not too boring and not too chaotic.

Also if you are on a tight bankroll it's better to play less for the reasons you mentioned.

Definitely agree!

6 is a nice sweet spot, played that for a while but have dropped down to 4 for a while. Want to try to focus more on certain spots.

you are right, 4 tables can get boring if the tables are less action packed. 6max CG tends to create a action-monster out of one as well:) I play 9max games usually only in tournaments. Also prefer tournaments that are 6max:) And as you said, there is a trade of to the ROI which correlated to the number of tables you play.

GL and happy new year!

• Like 3

Pretty cool idea, would have thought this is really tough as Unibet plays kinda slow imo and software is kinda clunky too but good luck!

@Esir How are you tracking hands with Unibet? Also what stakes will you be playing?

@UAC wrote:

Pretty cool idea, would have thought this is really tough as Unibet plays kinda slow imo and software is kinda clunky too but good luck!

@Esir How are you tracking hands with Unibet? Also what stakes will you be playing?

Thanks, I'm not finding the playing style slow but I agree when it comes to software that it can be improved.

If by tracking hands you mean how I keep count, you can ask support for a report on cash games which also includes the number of hands played for a specific date or period.

I'm playing 4NL and 10NL.

• Like 4

Oh I didn't realise support can give you that info, that's great, also just started playing 4nl, usually 4 tabling, was gonna ask how you are calculating winrate, but obv if support can give you number of hands and stuff it is easy. 

Thanks mate and gl

• Like 1

Small Update:

This how the first week of 2019 looks like:

Capture.JPG.5488b67dcf2f6fcbd695c61aa86971e7.JPG

This was mostly done at 4NL.

According to my previous calculations 4400 flops results in around 25k hands played. So we are on track with the challenge.

Good luck at the tables!
Esir

• Like 5

@Esir wrote:

Small Update:

This how the first week of 2019 looks like:

Capture.JPG.08c4de9d2af1e9747e8cd224ae55124c.JPG

This was mostly done at 4NL.

According to my previous calculations 4400 flops results in around 25k hands played. So we are on track with the challenge.

Good luck at the tables!

Esir

@Esir  well done mate. What about showing your 'profit/EV' as well ? Think could be interesting information for others as well. You are one of solid player! Have a good luck :Thumbsup:

• Like 1

@UAC Thank you. I'm not sure how many hours I play, I usually take in consideration how the game is going, if I'm still playing as good as I can and if I'm having fun.

Ideal would be to move up in stakes but I'm taking a conservative approach so I'm in no hurry.

• Like 3