New Dawn Fades

Melgry

Hi everyone! You now enter to the blog of poor grinder from Eastern Europe. I would restart my poker journey and poker career here with Unibet. I`m from Ukraine and I`ve played poker almost 6 years (sounds like starting story in Alcoholics Anonymous meeting lol).

I have started from freerolls and single deposit 100$ in 2012. Last year in summer I have spend biggest part of my br and need to find full-time job. Now I`m poker journalist in russian language resource, but hope to back in professional grinder life. Yesterday I`ve made dep to Unibet in ~ 1 000$ (last part of my br) and want to make 5 000$ till the end of spring, cause have good experience and results by playing here last autumn (before changing in MTT schedule).

My all-time poker alias since 2015 when I start to play professionally    

blog.jpg.7a5171b2cb411cfc3496ddc1e04d1fb4.jpg

Goals for 2018: 

• BR 5 000$ till the end of May (or 15 000$ till the end of the year)
  • Qualify to any Unibet life event
  • Back to life of professional poker player (get freedom)
  • Improve my English
  • Improve my poker skills
  • Win Sunday Supernova
  • Win more flips in late stage of tournaments

I will start my marathon today's evening and hope for best! GL

Wow, first visitor in my blog. I will play MTT of course, if I will have not enough tables per session, I will start some 5-handed SNG. Before my br don`t reach 2 500$ I will play MTT 10e and lower and 4e SNG - that` my plan.

So first session-report in my blog. I was not so lucky in regular tournaments today and lost ~30$. BUT I had win two tickets worth 50e and one 25e ticket. So this weekend I will have pretty good chances to double-up my br.

Br - 962$ + 126е in TT

Not bad results today:366.jpg.c8b4a4819e4260cfe16b6505d5c519fe.jpg126.jpg.ea11d1581d9bde1038794b9adb648e0f.jpg

I enjoy start of the month but could be higher in 50e Sputnik (made few stupid mistakes versus weak player). Tomorrow will be brake in grind, cause we always drink on fridays at my full-time job. I will come back on Saturday and will play biggest part of the day.

BR - 1471$ + 75 in TT.

Hi @Cindy_Essex! If you ask about tracking soft or sites for Unibet, I can say that there is no options to track your profit/loss. Unibet regs from community do it manually. But if you ask about other poker rooms - Sharkscope is the best tracking site (screenshot with all my results from that site is in my first post in blog). 

Hi everyone! I didn`t write in blog almost all week cause had pretty bad results, was to unlucky and also playing my C-game (or even D, E, F). Even changing of my alias name doesn`t help me lol. When I play bad and did stupid mistakes I get tilt easier, than when I had lost 70% vs 30% at the late stage of tournaments. Also I have note that when I playing without music my results are better. I had find free videos by bencb on youtube and now I add new goal. This goal is buy sub at bencb course at raiseyouredge for 664$. Another positive thing of this week that I had win another ticket to Supernova. So this Sunday I will have one more attemt to earn real money.

Br - 1139$ + 200e in TT (x2 50e Milky Way and 1 Supernova).

Will try do my best this weekend! Gl!

The free content from bencb is insanely good – I watched some of the YouTube videos the last few days and I couldn’t believe they release high quality content like that for free.

Regarding hearing music while playing: I think it depends. Music can make you play worse when you fall into some kind of autopilot and you’re just clicking buttons without thinking anymore. When I notice that it always helps me to think aloud and to always ask myself why I bet/raise/call/fold etc. You should never take actions because you acted in a certain way in the past – you should always know the exact reason why you are doing it. And you should always be able to differ from your standard actions if the situation is unique. I think, realizing that made me a much better player. Maybe it helps you, too!

Yeah! It`s one of the most important thought which I take from bencb videos. His ideas and passion to the game really impress me. Of course his tricks and moves from tournaments with 2100$ or 5300$ can`t been using in 10e tournament`s, but tips and guides which he gave can been adepted for our level. "Use your fckin brain" - as he said in one of his video. I start learn poker 6 yearn ago from pokerstrategy materials which gave guides ABC-poker to make a lot of rake bots. A lot of that tips was to weak and unfortunately firmly settled in my mind. Sometimes I felt myself really like robot at the poker tables, but now I will start to change my poker mind.

Yeah – some bluffs don’t work in €10 tournaments, of course, but he said so himself in one of his videos. What works really well are one-street bluffs though – and they don’t have to be big. If you are on the river with 8 high vs. what looks to be A or K high you don’t have to bet 3/4 pot. 1/3 pot is enough. You will take the pot down almost the same amount of the time and you don’t risk too much in case your assumption is wrong.

I think, that’s what he means when he says: "Use your f***ing brain!" You always have to look for spots to accumulate chips while trying to minimize your losses as much as possible. I watched a YouTube highlights video from tonkaaaa the other day and he tends to overdo it sometimes. There was a hand where his opponent bet really small on the river and he immediately assumed he could shove trips for value. He didn’t even consider just calling to preserve his stack. Later, he said it was a punt but his minor mistake cost him a bunch of chips, cost him at least one bounty and made it way harder for him to build a stack which he could use to pressure people.

Players underestimate how important even small decisions can be. If you have 10bb left you can double up to 20bb, then to 40bb. If you made a bad call that cost you an extra 2bb, you start with 8bb and go to 16bb and 32bb. This one bad call leads to an 8bb difference in stacks – that’s insane! And it’s not only bad calls that cost you, it’s also missing out on small value bets with 3rd pair, missing out on profitable bluffs, value betting too small etc. There is so much skill in stack management that players just don’t see sometimes.

Jeez, this post makes me want to play some tourneys tonight! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

First month-report of my marathon.
I started month with dep 960$ to Unibet
My current BR is 1 475$ and 400e in tickets.
So in february my BR is growth for 515$ and 487$ TT = ~ 1 000$
Not so bad, but not enough. Positive thing that I feeling my skills become better from second part of february.
I also hope to get refund for huge disconnect in Tuesday. More about that in bug thread:https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Bug-Reports/40-min-Disconnect-when-I-played-UOS/idc-p/137993

Bad things: I spend a lot of time in road to my full-time job. I left my home at 6:00 CET and back only at 19:00 CET (just at start of first UOS tournaments of the day). So I haven`t time for the rest and have not enough tournamets for playing at biggest part of the week. That`s why I decide to left my full time job and do it probably after end of UOS. All will depends of my results in second part of the series.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! My last month was full of commitment that`s why I don’t wrote nothing in my blog and also dont play biggest part of March, but now I am totally free and can post.
First of all: I HAVE LEFT MY JOB and back to full time grind. That was my first goal in February and in the end of March I have do it. From start of April all my incomes will be from poker.
In UOS I don’t reach any real results and get ~70e from leaderboards payout, but regular tournaments help me to increase BR.
My current BR – 1 900$ (I also cash out 200$).
My yesterday win (first after retired from job)

230.jpg.bf5173154007d63eb1369e254001fd98.jpg

Now you are know my new poker alias :Smile:

I also qualifed into SM anniversary

imgpsh_fullsize.jpg.2f7c4f347b98021a8c624a3d1f66b340.jpg

Archived