Never give up!

Merenitsu

From that day on, I basically do not play cash games. The first reason. Nobody answers the questions from the moderators. They asked a question. If your mistake is in the rules - who is to blame? The second reason is that every spring there are 4 card flushes. Guys 3 every year I say this. Your software works in a cyclical manner and it is not perfect.

@Merenitsu with you it is similar to Alice in Wonderland, 3 years ago you found a door and you have been circling since then in a certain reality - do your homework finally! Less pride, less pride boss 🆒

• Like 3
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@Merenitsu wrote:

@psrquack  It seems normal, yes. But it seems normal that my AAs lose 90% for 6 months. 

What are the conditions we are speaking about? Preflop allin against 1 opponent, or multiway pots, actions on flop/turn? Are those AAs suited, or getting connected to the other 2 cards (e.i. AsAsKJ versus AA73o). Would be good to know before we are speaking about malfunctions of the software.

@psrquack  1. I did below under the screenshots when loading a picture, but the comments were not saved
2. This is the hand that I shoved all in after the raise.

If you consider all my way in this tournament. Up to 30 minutes my best hand was ace 7. In the next half hour I got 2 queens, but everyone folded and ace 10 with which I lost half against the set after the flop. All other hands were non-playing. In fact, I played 10 hands in over an hour. Of course, irritation appeared. Watch others play. and you click the fold button for 30 minutes. You think why I am at this table if there is no balance in the hands 😃

• Like 1

I think you should compare your MTT play to chess. It may happen that the situation is more complex than in general and you must think it twice before you make your move because you don't want to make a blunder. That happened this time too. Your hands didn't pass to flop/enemy playing style so you shouldn't make you angry about the 10 playable hands in the first hour. Fortunately 10K starting chips seems enough to survive sitations like that.

Your elimination was a really unlucky situation, but variance doesn't mean everything will happen within a single tournament. Don't be angry when you can't play due to your cards, just keep calm and register to other one.

• Like 1

Well, it seems there is a rainy day, and you are walking home alone. You can close your umbrella letting your head washing by the rain or speed up your walk and using the unbrella regularly.

Now focus on playing your A game, decrease amount of  your postflop allins/call when you you have the almost nuts, and start building up pots not going allin preflop. Start focus on connections on Omaha, try lower the preflop raises and trust your opponents. They will tell you with their raises, when your AAxx's will be knocked again. Just wait for the sunshine and it will come.

• Like 1

@psrquack  I've tried everything. I feel like a don quixote fighting against windmills. All styles are tried and tested, different openings. I lose 60% and 80% over 50 hands in a row. Dispersion? but I didn't even win 10 hands in a row at 60%. It's all like losing 17 Hex tournaments and winning a record of 6 or 7 in a row. There is no balance. I see. I have a good memory to grasp the range. I think it's easy to make a cash out so as not to waste your nerves. When you have 0, you don't waste your nerves. I don't see the point if everyone loses. I know and I can see when I play badly. But playing bad is always impossible

@psrquack wrote:

Well, it seems there is a rainy day, and you are walking home alone. You can close your umbrella letting your head washing by the rain or speed up your walk and using the unbrella regularly.

Now focus on playing your A game, decrease amount of  your postflop allins/call when you you have the almost nuts, and start building up pots not going allin preflop. Start focus on connections on Omaha, try lower the preflop raises and trust your opponents. They will tell you with their raises, when your AAxx's will be knocked again. Just wait for the sunshine and it will come.

• Like 1

As I see poker is more complex game than you can say I will win 6 from  my next 10 flips if i'm ahead. The percentages only means this combination will win in general, but a player could have peaks and valleys that wouldn't match to the written percentages. I think it's better to say, that I played well, I was forced my opponent going allin, I was ahead when the reveal of cards happened, let's see if the trap worked or not.

To be honest, I don't think playing Hexas would be profitable more than 1% of the players in long term. You have 33% chance for a win, blinds increasing fast, starting chips are less, than expected. You should be skilled much more than your opponents, having 200+ buyin bankroll and nerves. But let's say, you are trying your luck. What could be your strongest weapon? For me is the bluntness of speech of your opponents. If they hit a bigger multiplier (5x,10x on €1 level), they are starting to act like a rock(less raise, value bets, folding more often). If the multiplier is normal, then many of them using the "trying to double up early" strategy. I'm sure you have better memory than me so you can identify more signs. This means theoretically you can beat the level. But you should have a soild BR for it, what means 300-400 buyins.

To the mixing of strategy: I not a big friend playing the sheriff at the table, what means following a strategy and not adding the acting of the enemies to it, which means I always try to differ my basic strategy to my opponents. That could be a loose calling station image in some situation, but I know a strategy won't be enough to win a hand, I will need luck too.

Always difficult handling situations when villain has better hands at showdown no matter what the starting hands were. Maybe having a little break, watching funny videos like Magnus Carlsen's funny opening would help.

• Like 1