Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FreedoM Rank 21
Rank 21

@MetalWolfNice read, you can assume if someone is playing GTO it's artificial intelligence and i'm pretty sure there will never be a human that will play GTO poker.

“The unfed mind devours itself.” – Gore Vidal
MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

@FreedoM You’re right there! I think sometimes we get too embroiled in thoughts because we believe a person may be trying to play as optimally as possible. I think poker players have lost a lot of natural ‘instinct’ over the years in favour of math solutions. Was nearly all good instinct and aggressive play when I started playing! Using ibservation, instinct and exploitive play to trap or call down players like me with other things on their mind = profit. we are all going to come across many players in each tournament with this mindset who are neither playing optimal, or don’t know how.

MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

So i loaded up twitch for the first time today for a reason other than to view video games. I watched Ian play for a while, mainly because I was on his table in the Dwarf Star and I wanted to 

A. See how he was playing

B. See if he was going to call me a donk Cheeky

It was good, I enjoyed it and defo something I will be doing more often and would even be interested in starting my own Twitch stream. 

My sessions over the last 2 days have been largely unsuccessful and a 15th in the Ice Giant, 3rd in a fireball and 9th in the Gorsky wasnt enough to bring me a profitable weekend. Couple of unsuccessful flips at crucial times particually in the fireball and Ice Giant (where I was very surprised to be called but you just can't predict those bounty gannets sometimes...) were the fine line in being unprofitable. I am also currently -EV in most sat trees (over obviously a very small sample size but nevertheless something to keep an eye on). As you regs will know, Sundays are usually either really good or really bad depending on which way you are swinging during the majors. 

So heres the updated stats while I analyze the weekend and come back to you with any learnings. 

Total games played: 189

ITM: 59 / 31.22%

Total buyin: €934

Total Cahes: €953.28

Profit: €19.28

ROI: 2.06%

Tournament wins: 1

Darkangel7 Rank 14
Rank 14

More than welcome to hang out with us any time. 

WHAT YOU MEAN YOU WATCHED IANYS STREAM....... DID YOU CHAT?  INTRODUCE YOURSELF? lol

0 Likes
MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

Thanks @Darkangel7  Smile

I did but i didn't say hi! I was multi tabling and keeping one eye on the stream. I will say Hi next time!

0 Likes
MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

Had a fairly productive poker week. Not played as much as I hoped but managed to stick to my resolution of only playing when feeling like it, which has been beneficial. 

Glad to see the Unibet UK tour back on although disappointed to see Nottingham dropped. I understand the reasons but I really did love that trip last year. I have been busy trying to book myself into places in both Brighton and Glasgow. Brighton is especially a nightmare given how expensive everything seems to be and how late the tour was announced. I'll defo be racking up some milage travelling to them both, assuming I do indeed attend them. Still not certain although having never been to either city I am defo going to try.

Am really glad to see other tours opening up though and I'm determined to get to a DSO at some point this year and hopefully a UO. The chance of London is slipping away, though. Here's the updated stats. I won two tournaments this week, grabbed 3rd in the Sputnik and 3 other final tables. Wasn't enough to turn an amazing profit but that'll come eventually I'm sure Smile

Total games played: 285

ITM: 92 / 32.28%

Total buyin: €1539

Total Cahes: €1617.82

Profit: €78.82

ROI: 5.12%

Tournament wins:

1x NLH Fireball

1x PLO Fireball

1x Wormhole

MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

So I've decided to go to Brighton despite the costs involved. I've never been and will be travelling on my own so mentally should be in good shape to give the poker my best shot at least. Anyone else booked up to go yet? 

Been a decent week at the tables. A win and 2 thirds. Planning on a good grind today and Sunday so fingers crossed.

Total games played: 331

ITM: 107 / 32.33%

Total buyin: €1814

Total Cahes: €2004.64

Profit: €190.64

ROI: 10.51%

Tournament wins:

1x NLH Fireball

1x PLO Fireball

2x NLH Wormhole

MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

Our first major hit. No problem. Hurt at the time but now I just cant wait to get back to the tables. Main reason was entering the Supernova and not cashing. Pretty sick 3 bet allin with JJ and called by 45  only for the board to run 3 J K A 2 Scared

2 other tournaments I was one outed including a 4th place in a Multiverse were I was allin AJ vs 99 vs A9 and although my J hit the flop the final 9 managed to grace the turn. 

The games giving us the best ROI at the moment are 4e Step it ups, 5e rebuys and 10e freezeouts of both NLH and PLO. 

In comparison to the 4e 'step it up', the 4e UK tour sat is returning us a -8.71% ROI. I wonder if the changes to the sats have really affected me for the worse and don't agree with my style of play. In December I won 3 UK seats and havent got to a final since the changes Dissatisfied

Who am I gonna see at the tables today???

Total games played: 399

ITM: 122 / 30.58%

Total buyin: €2289

Total Cahes: €2326.49

Profit: €37.49

ROI: 1.64%

Tournament wins:

1x NLH Fireball

1x PLO Fireball

2x NLH Wormhole

Kitch Rank 12
Rank 12

@MetalWolf seen you at the 2nd last table of the €3000 mission. 

I was the mug that bluff a pair of 3s only to be put out with 44s. Lol. 

Out in 17th. Blinds were 26k with 3k ante at the time.

Did you make the final table?

MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

@Kitchaww yeah I remember, unlucky man. Unfortunately i didn't make it either. Ended up shoving A10 and next position pushed over the top with AJ.

J 8 9 flop gave me a sweat but wasn't meant to be! Out in 12th I think. Was kinda hoping that was going to be my revival for busting the Supernova so sick but always next month ay!

Good luck today!