Metalwolf's Poker Blog

MetalWolf

I know what you mean. Every time I play poker I'm also in the Twitch chat and sometimes I'm so tilted about a bad beat or cooler, so I complain about it in chat. A bit later I feel stupid cause I know they all think: so what, you had a bad beat, that's poker, get over it! But as you mention, I think it's good to do it sometimes. It's way better to moan than to smash something, for instance :atisfied: Also, you wrote about emotions getting the better of you, which is different to a bad beat story cause it's a way of reflecting on your own game.

• Like 5

Out both lows already again 😞

Same in both

AK to 10 10

then

AK to 10 10 again and threw the resrt of the chips away half because of the beers from the Wolves match and half because no way am I sitting on short stacks for hours on end having flipped so bad this week. 

Music to my leaderboard rivals ears im sure. 

• Like 4

Last night was easily the heaviest losses I have had since the series began. I used a lot of tickets but also the most raw money losses so far too. The bad luck in the rebuys was pretty relentless and the super sats to the UK final bore no fruit. 

I made day 2 of both the nano (20BB's) and the low (69BB's) so fingers crossed there is a recovery on the way...

Total Tournaments Played441
Total Games Played522
Total Spent845.15
Total Won1214.31
Total ITM92
Total ITM %20.86%
Total ROI %46.87%
Tournament Profit €396.16
Grand Total Profit €396.53

Graph at 500 games ready to go for a big dip if I don't start turning this around. 

Capture.JPG.cdf0ca9c62f50544d6bed19ceeb0c0e6.JPG

• Like 6

Tonight was a reversal on last night. 2nd in the PLO mid, cashed a low, nano final table and 15th in the low 2 day means winnings of over €500 tonight. 

Absolute horror struck in the 2 day at the end allin in a really nice pot for me AA vs QQ. Alas a Q hit the river much like in the PLO when I gambled on a double gutter which came in on the turn but the river filled up to give the other person the win.

No matter.... I can't complain about luck now. I had my fair share today. 

• Like 6

A well needed rest day today. I can't say upon reflection that the first half of UOS has been bad because im nearly €800 in profit since day 1. I don't think I've bought my 'A' game to the table very much and made some really daft mistakes that have cost me guareteed money but what can you do but chalk it off and learn from it. 

I'm pleased given the amount of time I've spent away from the tables recently. I hope there is a big finish to come in the second half of the series! 

All Games from 01/01/21
Total Tournaments Played500
Total Games Played600
Total Spent955.90
Total Won1789.00
Total ITM107
Total ITM %21.40%
Total ROI %90.19%
Tournament Profit €862.10
Grand Total Profit €863.55
  • Like 8

I though your name on the tables said me something! I shared the 0.50€ with u when u double from 100bb to 200bb (one hand straight with like 75o sb if i remember?). I bubbled 2 out of money kinda sad to have a set up there... But happens !

How did the rest of your session go ?

@Toums AH yes I kind of remember the hand. It was pretty sick and those kind of set ups always seem to happen around the bubble! Unlucky man hope luck swings the other way for you next time!

As for the rest of the session I took 3rd in that nano event but the lows were a complete bust. Think I spent 3 hours in the one and never saw an Ace. Had a really dire run of cards and meekly went out both on flips. The dream of winning the leaderboard seem a long way off as I'm 15th and 44th overall but still some way to go and hopefully some more good results to come.

I'd have probably been top of the nano leaderboard if there was one. Think I've had 4 final tables, including a 2nd and 3rd, and numerous other cashes in that where my luck seems to be really good. I swear I tend to mess around lots in them but seem to keep winning. 

• Like 2

Good luck for the leaderboard race, u never know what can happen, keep faith in your game & be stronger than them. The nano's field is really soft compared to the rest and when u combine it with a little good run crazy things can happen, sadly since i'm Belgian i don't have access to the leaderboards so i can't really relate to that...

Had  the same run of cards has u in the 10€ UOS low from yesterday evening (got a ticket in a 1€ qualifier),  expect when i went into push or fold (10-18bb) i got called and doubled everytime and went back running dry for another hour. Managed to get my way to the FT (my average buy-in is 0.94€ for 400 games so yeah the dream was real) only to get busted 7 on a horrible Préflop All-in AA vs KK. He got quads KK lol, probably my biggest chip ev loss ever ahaha. 

AAvsKK-TF10eu.png.cefd89f15f7cdc50a88c9c887f2505b4.png

• Like 4

Started from 20€ deposit a few month ago and finally up to 370€ it's been a long way and yesterday could have been my first 3 figure payout but happens i'm used to the cruelty of cards ahah.

I'm also currently writing my own thread to in order to have some advice from players who beated the nano's micro's stake.

How would u play using a 370€ Bankroll ? I want to make some shot to 5€ mtt's but not sure if it's not a bit too soon.

• Like 5

@Toums 

Thats a really good return without any 3 figure sums! If you are confident in your ability I would defo take a few shots at €5 with that bankroll. If you play a few and things don't go your way you can just step back down safe in the knowledge you can beat the level below. But just having the experience and getting used to the higher stakes and better plays will be helpful.

If you have a positive ROI in sats you could play the €1 sats to €5 or even €2 to €10 and get your shots in that way to reduce the overall risk. Be on the lookout for overlaying sats for extra value!

• Like 2

No leaderboard luck last night but I took 5th in the Neptune for €320. Very rare I ever play anything like that and probably only the 2nd/3rd time i've played that tournament so it's pleasing considering i got UNBELIEVABLY lucky when misclick raising 36000 chips instead of 3600 with A5 to then have to be allin vs 10 10 and spiking the ace (sorry if you're the victim reading this).

• Like 2

Cashed a couple of events and fell down the leaderboard 😞  I have continued to be pretty wreckless and daft in many events, though. I think the length of the series and other life commitments is taking it's toll.

But the main thing is the profit is going up not down and I did break the €1000 profit club before falling just below again. 

All Games from 01/01/21
Total Tournaments Played804
Total Games Played937
Total Spent1489.40
Total Won2464.46
Total ITM170
Total ITM %21.14%
Total ROI %68.42%
Tournament Profit €1019.06
Grand Total Profit €995.63
  • Like 5

Thanx for your advice concerning satties, i gave it a try when i only have 3-4 tables running & the results have been keep good overall ! I just need to run smootly on the 5€ now in order to cash in those tickets. 

U got recommendation for a juicy 5€ tournament in particular ? Thinking of playing bounties but i don't find much in the lobby....

• Like 1

@Toums wrote:

Thanx for your advice concerning satties, i gave it a try when i only have 3-4 tables running & the results have been keep good overall ! I just need to run smootly on the 5€ now in order to cash in those tickets. 

U got recommendation for a juicy 5€ tournament in particular ? Thinking of playing bounties but i don't find much in the lobby....

@Toums if it's bounty you're after then don't miss the UOS event tomorrow night which is a 1.5k GTD 5e bounty. 

Otherwise I guess the Blackhole is your best bet. Not a bounty but structure is sound enough to give lots of time for good plays and accumulation of chips. 

There are a couple other 5e bounties in there but I don't think the structures are great so may turn out to be more gambly than skillful for you. 

I cashed 3 lows in a row but tonight was a bust. It didn't do my leaderboard position any good and I sat 20th at the start of the day. As such I've decided to take tomorrow night off and come back for the main event on Sunday. I need the break and family time so hopefully it does me some good to win the Sunday main! 

• Like 4

A big allin AK to QQ busted me in 33rd of the mid for €111 so I ended the series 28th on the low and 61st on the overall. I guess it's not too bad.... but disappointing for me. I didn't bring my A game enough to the series. Whilst there is going to be lots of time to reflect on that and where I went wrong the thing that matters most right now is the profit!

I was almost €1000 up from the series plus I have the leaderboard payments (€45 bonus points) and the bubble burster tournament to come so a it of extra value there. 

SOOOOOO overall I'm not happy with how I played throughout the series. But I am happy about the profit outcome. 

All Games from 01/01/21
Total Tournaments Played910
Total Games Played1054
Total Spent1745.65
Total Won2754.91
Total ITM160
Total ITM %17.58%
Total ROI %60.34%
Tournament Profit €1053.26
Grand Total Profit €1020.33
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

As you will have been expecting I've took a week off from poker to recover from that grind! Potentially I might play some games tonight but I have been busy setting up a new YouTube channel for family adventures and gaming. See my Twitter @Metalwolfpoker if you want to support me on that. 

I also used some of the profit from the series to buy a new PC so I may start streaming some poker on Twitch when I get that all set up if anyone was interested in that. 

Other than have a great Easter all and I'll do another update soon!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I won a 200e ticket last week so tomorrow I'm going to have a mini grind! It will actually be my debut in the Big Bang so hopefully I have some home improvement money by the time it's over. 

Will play that, the Dwarf Star and a few other smaller events. 

• Like 8

Forgot to an update after the mini grind... doh!

I came second in a tournament! 

But it wasn't the Big Bang.

It also wasn't the Dwarf Star.

It was a 1e PLO event.... DOH!!!

Just a couple KO's in the Dwarf Star meant it was a pretty disappointing grind. So tonight we will be going for the UO ticket by winning the two community games 😜

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Update! 

A few community game cashes among other things increase the profit by €57 for the year!

All Games from 01/01/21
Total Tournaments Played 928
Total Games Played 1073
Total Spent 2083.65
Total Won 3089.99
Total ITM 167
Total ITM % 18.00%
Total ROI % 52.85%
Tournament Profit € 1101.13
Grand Total Profit € 1077.20
  • Like 9