Metalwolf's Poker Blog

MetalWolf

Hello @MetalWolf  and welcome back!  Congrats on the good news and I wish you all the best at your new place. Your blog inspired me to start my own one here one year ago! Glad that you're back at the tables and hope that you will update your blog with some nice numbers! I hope we can meet at some Unibet live event soon!

• Like 2

@LeVsKaRa Thanks man! Glad it inspired you and I'll be sure to keep up to date with your blog and I wish you all the best with it 😀

It would be great to meet soon I'm really hoping to get some pics and cool stuff back in the blog like I used to but for now I hope we both crush it on the online tables! 

• Like 1

Quick copy and paste update for how it's been going so far. I've only played one PKO which was the 25PLO and unfortunately I fell right before the money after taking only one bounty but I will try the other PLO events in the series. It feels good to be playing again and hopefully over the next week I can bump this volume up! 

Total Tournaments Played31
Total Games Played31
Total Spent62.55
Total Won75.45
Total ITM2
Total ITM %6.45%
Total ROI %28.62%
Tournament Profit €17.90
Grand Total Profit €17.90
  • Like 7

I'm a bit rusty it seems. Cruised into the money in the €10 PLO PKO and then made a really silly mistake I wouldn't usually make and crashed out shortly after. Small volumes still though. Enjoying playing. 

Total Tournaments Played37
Total Games Played37
Total Spent79.75
Total Won107.88
Total ITM4
Total ITM %10.81%
Total ROI %41.54%
Tournament Profit €33.13
Grand Total Profit €33.13
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Not a lot of poker has happened in the last 2 weeks. But I'm hopeful a lot is going to happen over the next month.

I am going to make an attempt to WIN the 'low' leaderboard in the next UOS! I will also play all the nano's, too.

T&C's

1a. I reserve the right to be absolutely terrible at poker given my long break.

b. The above terms may result in getting no where near winning the 'low' leaderboard.

2. 3rd party influence such as, but not limited to, children and partners might impact the participation of UOS 10.

b. Any such influence will be advised here and leaderboard roadmap adjusted accordingly.

3. Daily updates will be provided right here!

4. I wish everyone else good luck (but not against the first party in question). 

• Like 9

Ridiculous run out in the final hand of the night below in an otherwise decent day. Won a small tournament, got a few tickets and most importantly playing pretty well I think. Good warm up for the leaderboard.

1552697801_25_02.212-100Singularity.thumb.JPG.790dd4ce1adb03c7af3550deac8a3f59.JPG

Game #1436795251: Table €200 Space Madness Bounty - 200.00/400.00 - No Limit Hold'Em - 21:50:06 2021/02/25
*** Seated players ***
Seat 1: Jennny (20101) - €2.10 bounty
Seat 2: buzzlitebeer (25975) - €2.10 bounty
Seat 3: MetalWolf (21036) - €2.94 bounty
Seat 4: gbjyfdbnuddd (14361) - €0.84 bounty
Seat 6: 10dep10 (60007.34) - €5.40 bounty
*** Blinds and button ***
MetalWolf has the button
Jennny posts ante 50
buzzlitebeer posts ante 50
MetalWolf posts ante 50
gbjyfdbnuddd posts ante 50
10dep10 posts ante 50
gbjyfdbnuddd posts small blind 200
10dep10 posts big blind 400
*** Hole cards ***
Dealt in gbjyfdbnuddd
Dealt to 10dep10 [Ac 6s]
Dealt in Jennny
Dealt in buzzlitebeer
Dealt to MetalWolf [Qd Kd]
*** Preflop ***
Jennny folds
buzzlitebeer folds
MetalWolf raises 800 to 800
gbjyfdbnuddd folds
10dep10 calls 400
*** Flop *** [Kh 4h 5d]
10dep10 bets 59157.34, and is all-in
MetalWolf calls 20186, and is all-in
Uncalled bet returned to 10dep10: 38971.34
*** Showdown ***
*** Turn *** [Kh 4h 5d] [6h]
*** River *** [Kh 4h 5d] [6h] [6d]
MetalWolf shows [Qd Kd], Two pairs, Kings up
10dep10 shows [Ac 6s], Three of a kind, Sixes
10dep10 wins 42422
MetalWolf finished the tournament in 36th place
10dep10 wins bounty, €1.47
*** Summary ***
Total pot 42422
Seat 1: Jennny: bet 50 and won 0, net result: -50
Seat 2: buzzlitebeer: bet 50 and won 0, net result: -50
Seat 3: MetalWolf: bet 21036 and won 0, net result: -21036
Seat 4: gbjyfdbnuddd: bet 250 and won 0, net result: -250
Seat 6: 10dep10: bet 60007.34 and won 81393.34, net result: 21386

• Like 5

Stat update before todays grind. Don't like the day one offering for the low leaderboard. Two 10e rebuys with the only real difference being one is faster but hopefully lady luck is with us and we can get through with some profit. 

Total Tournaments Played82
Total Games Played82
Total Spent125.25
Total Won189.17
Total ITM28
Total ITM %34.15%
Total ROI %63.01%
Tournament Profit €78.92
Grand Total Profit €78.92

• Like 9

Will do a full update tomorrow. Headlines are

- Day 1 disaster: Probably 60-70e down.

- Ran QQ/AK into AA far too many times. 

- Things started to get a bit better.

- Made Day 2 of the nano with just under average stack

- Made Day 2 of the low with about 100 BB's 1.5x average stack.

• Like 7

@Sparrow473  was about 11.30 UK time last night i think. It's bubble time in the 2 day low. i have 35ish BB's and pretty card dead. 

Went out the nano 2 day in a massive pot AK to AA with 4 to go. Said to myself regardless of stage of the tournament if I'm folding AK in a nano there is something wrong with me...

• Like 3

Not much time to reflect on the mistakes I made but tiredness was a massive part. About to start the grind again and currently sitting 7th on the low leaderboard and 32nd on the overall. LET'S DO THIS!

E1 Nano - Out

E2 Low - 4th €577.66

E4 Nano - Out

E5 Low - Out

E7 Nano - Out

E8 Low - Out

E10 Nano - Out

E11 Low - 32nd €7.81

• Like 7

An early night tonight :teardrop:

Had some real stupid plays against me that got lucky early on and unfortunatley I couldn't shake the feeling of annoyance. This had a big impact on gambling hands and luck was definitley not on my side tonight. 

And for the second night in a row I went out 3 from the money in one of the events in a set up this time KK to AA. 

I need to sleep well and come back refreshed and make sure this doesn't happen again. 

• Like 4

Took a real hit profit wise last night and a lot of it was avoidable so I'm super annoyed with myself but it is what it is. 

No cashes in the low events and the reason for that was mainly due to a pre flop allin call with 99 I completely chickened out on. In loads of scenarios I would of been crushed but I genuinely felt here I was good and completely went against instinct and chickened out. As it was I would of had the overpair, took out 2 players and had a top 5 stack with about 30 to go before the money. This caused a tilt snowball effect and it seems that after all these years the mental side of the game is still the part that lets me down the most.

Low leaderboard - 20th

Overall leaderboard - 77th

The only shining light really was winning a couple of 25e tix which I am going to put into the mid main event at the end of the series. Hopefully get a few more and play some other mids along the way. But for now got to pick the pieces up and refocus. 

• Like 5

I managed to move back up the low leaderboard to 8th with a final 2 table finish last night but the less said about the idiot move I made to go out the better...

Anyway.... Here's an updated list of the events I've played (minus the nano's) and a profit update underneath.

E2 Low - 4th €577.66

E5 Low - Out

E8 Low - Out

E11 Low - 32nd €7.81

E14 Low - Out

E18 Low - Out

E21 Low - Out

E24 Low - Out

E27 Low - 13th €14.40

E30 Low - Out

Total Tournaments Played235
Total Games Played303
Total Spent444.80
Total Won925.66
Total ITM52
Total ITM %22.13%
Total ROI %112.83%
Tournament Profit €501.86
Grand Total Profit €499.36
  • Like 7

Well.... I'm a complete Kn@b. Comfortably crusing into the money in the PLO last night and I let my emotions get the better of me against a player who was annoying me and stone cold bubbled. Ok, I got unlucky. I flopped big and got rivered. But I should never have been in the hand in the first place. I cost myself €41 and leaderboard points from again not keeping my emotion in check.... 

We try again! 

I cashed the other low and have moved up to 4th on the low leaderboard but I am kicking myself for not having more points than I have. 

I'm 41st on the overall which is pretty good considering I've only played low events so far. I am entering the 50e mid event tonight though so hopefully I can propel myself up that too! 

• Like 8

I came 2nd in an event!

Unfortunately it was a nano and the lows were a complete bust. All for big stacks I went out 66 to 55 (50e mid) and AA to 88 and KK to AQ in the lows. But in the nano despite often trying to be eliminated to go to bed early I had all the luck in the world. Typical ay...

I've dropped to 7th on the low and 51st on the overall. 

Reflecting on a week of UOS I am not particually happy. I've made a lot of mistakes. I feel overall I'm probably running below EV but the big cash I had at the start of the series is making everything look rosier than it is. If I was going to grade my play I think it would overall get a B-- .  I guess money is what it's all about at the end of the day, though. Profit is all that will matter when the series is over.

• Like 6

Ffffffffsssssss earliest night yet.

AK vs QQ in the first low. Missed.

AK vs QQ in the second low. Hit the A. Q hit the turn. K hit the river just for lolz.

I will crumble down the leaderboard after that and I just feel like I'm really not getting the rub of the green now in anything except nanos where my luck continues to be great. :wonder:

• Like 5