cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetalWolf Rank 19
Rank 19

@XY wrote:

@MetalWolf wrote:

Just bubbled the uk package. F*** poker and everything.

Thought for a second I am on Brocky's thread Rofl

He’s a bad influence on me Rofl

GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

Hard Luck @MetalWolf I never really got into the final, out in 17th, better luck to us both next week. I'm presuming @DoktorAvalanche has qualified and @pinki is thinking of joining in. Great to see. Smile

It Is What It Is
MetalWolf Rank 19
Rank 19

Pretty hectic homelife has prevented much play so far this week... until today. LETS GET THAT €€€€!!

MetalWolf Rank 19
Rank 19

Ok break time... things gone ok. final table the moonwalk and just... wow... 

I was picking up chips left right and center until taking a confidence knock QQ to A9 and then the invincibles appeared. 2 in particular. I mean, I’m thankful that there are players like this still in abundance that are happy to call flop bets with no hand, no draw, no plan and call raises out of position with 9 4, 10 5 and K 3 but damn does it leave such a sour taste in the mouth to stack off to them. AK to K3 in this case as I called river allin board Jx3Kx. Should of folded, meh.

Problem with me is, I will stack off more often to them than I should out of pure ego. A leak in my mental game.

MetalWolf Rank 19
Rank 19

Right, picture the scene.

Your kids are going for a bath before bed and the missus says she will sort them out. You got 10 mins to spare so you jump in a few hexapros to pass the time. You get a 5x, 3x and a 1.5x and quickly lose them all. Annoyed, you look up to see everyone still in the bathroom. A few more mins before you put the kids to bed. More than enough time for a few more hexapros.

Not thinking anything of it you press register, but wait.... this isnt a hexapro table? And why has my balance just been depleted of €100???

YOUVE ONLY ACCIDENTALLY REGISTERED THE SUPERNOVA!!!!!!!

FFFFFFUUUUUUU!!!!!!

Cue the messages to @Brocky with some choice words and expletives about the software, responsible gaming and me just being a general idiot. 

Ok Andy... Don't panic. So what your bankroll on Unibet is only comfortable enough to play at €5 level. You've cashed bigger tournaments than this, in higher pressure situations, in strange places - you can do this.

Ah here we are first hand is AK. Just raise this up. Two callers, ok cool. Flop 6 J K, excellent. Bet, call. Turns a 3. Bet bigger... and the guy shoves. Wait, wut?

FFFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!

Andddddd I fold. Scared money. Third of the stack gone. I've got no chance. What an idiot for misclicking the Supernova. What a waste of money.

'Night Daddy' - Oh yeah 'Goodnight son. Whats that? No I'm not crying at all I have something in my eye. Get yourself off to bed mommy will read you a story'

Back to the game. Head down. Concentrate on going into beast mode.

Several hours pass. MetalWolf is still alive and well. He breezes past the bubble with some run good hands in quick succession and breathes a big sigh of relief. I decide on a safety first approach. Ridicule me for a missed opportunity in trying to play for the win. I get it. In another time period of course I would. But life has took over poker and the bankroll just isn't there to take high variance risks... but it could be with a more cautious approach.

'Heh, knew I would make it. Never doubted me'.

@Charl_xoxox throws me a sarcastic glance but I can't help that smug look in my eyes. 

With the final 18 I start to go really card dead. I spend most of my time propping up the rest of the pile. But I stay disciplined. Patience personified. 

With 13 left and I am dead last but absolutely laughing at myself at the 'non-costly' error I made.

And still I continue to outlast people. A short stack ninja. Making those moves, using those spots, crushing those dreams. Letting whimsical poker flow through my mind and body.

I make the final table. I am still last. I am always last. Right the way through to when they finally manage to get rid of me in 5th for €1200. A player sitting out causes an ICM nightmare which leaves me too vulnerable to compete and I finally succumb AJ to J5.

Luckboxes.

It's 2.30am and I am congratulating myself on a masterclass of shortstack and disciplined play - even if its only this idiot that thinks so.

Satisfied, I lay my head down to sleep knowing my bankroll now allows me to step up that bit more after spending the year using poker for extra life funds. Thanks to @Brocky for the great rail.

'Daddyyyyy. Theres a monster in my room'.

'Ok son, the MetalWolf is coming to get it'.

Greatest. Misclick. Ever.

GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

@MetalWolf Terrific story, brilliant outcome, who says you don't need luck? (I love a bit of background, it seems to make it more real.)

As for greatest misclick ever, well I didn't win as much as you but I nearly had a heart attack. I won 50 dollars of free spins on P****S**** about 5 years ago, and being a complete novice I spent about an hour looking what to play. I can't remember what I ended up on but found a game that looked good. The little box at the bottom said $5 so I thought, "OK, ten free spins, we'll see what happens" and pressed the button. Shock, horror, dismay and panic all rolled into one as the whole $50 dollars disappeared, it was ten lines at $5 a line. WaterfallWaterfall About ten seconds of absolute agony followed then "BIG WIN, You Have Won $500" RoflRoflRofl

I was a bit naughty, told my wife I'd won $300 dollars and "shared"  it with her. Secret Needless to say I blew the rest. Don't do the same, use it wisely.Thumbs Up

Patience is a virtue, but only sometimes.

That's made my day.Smile

It Is What It Is
MetalWolf Rank 19
Rank 19

Haha thanks @GR1ZZL3R great story yourself too. I’ve been caught out in the past by similar ‘misleading’ slots too but not to that extent and they didn’t have a happy ending either! Lol 

Certainly don’t plan to blow it. Paid myself a ‘well done’ bonus and kept most in to carry on the grind at the next level up. I really want to stop using poker for extra little life funds and get back to a level where I can compete for more serious money. 

MadAdo Rank 18
Rank 18

@MetalWolf  you just prove (not only yourself) that you can/should do it! Popeye

Another effect is that you adjust your this year stats into much more 'relevant' way now! I think that you are a very competent player, nearly as good as me Rofl

EDIT: you should maybe consider (just think about) playing some higher MTTs occasionaly -> not talking about Supernova directly ... but who knows, let's see what happen next time Cash like your story also for 'parent' aspect of play! In Love

Highlighted
MetalWolf Rank 19
Rank 19

Thanks @MadAdo 

Years ago I had the roll and backing to play anything upto 220 with the occasional 500 live event thrown in. But these days with a family to look after, full time work, and without backing, I play at a much lower level. Still, my usual stakes would be around €25 buyin but this year especially I've just been working harder at the day job and withdrawing bankroll for life luxeries. My aim is now to get back up to that €25 mark by the end of the year and hopefully continue to build from there. 

MetalWolf Rank 19
Rank 19

Bit of bad run since the nova. Only to be expected I guess.

It's challenging switching your mind to be able to deal with say €20 losses over a day playing in €1/2 tournaments to dealing with €100 losses playing €5/10. It's all relevant to bankroll but naturally induces more panic. 

Will do a stat update later today so I can record the lovely looking profit increase before I manage to give it all back Haha