Metalwolf's Poker Blog

MetalWolf

Final Stat update before UOS and I am expectig these figures to look loads better after it!

Tournaments played: 746 (376 sats) 

ITM: 224 / 30.03%

Total buyin: €3619.05

Total Cashes: €4400.69

Tournament Profit: +€781.64

ROI: 21.60%

Tournament wins: 11

1x Galaxy Nano - 90 Runners

1x 1k Dark Matter - 103 Runners

3x Singularity - 87 / 128 / 37 Runners

1x 1k Moonwalk - 119 Runners

1x Deep Crazy Moon - 38 Runners

1x Zenith - 73 Runners

1x Shooting Star - 63 Runners

2x Community Game (€25), (€1)

Hexapro

1: Played 231 won 107= +€87

2: Played 414 won 143 = -€22

5: Played 207 won 79 = -€32.5

10: Played 2 won 1 = -€5

Hexapro Profit: +€27.5

Cash

4NLH: 17 buyins +8.64 profit

4PLO: 18 buyins +15.60 profit

10NLH: 9 Buyins -16.89 profit

10PLO: 13 Buyins -15.41 profit

25PLO: 1 Buyin -25 Profit

Cash Profit: -€33.06

Total Games Played: 1658

Total Unibet Profit: +€776.08

+€46.28 from other sites = +€822.36

• Like 5

Absolutely seething after bricking the first 4 events - 3 in the same hand 10 seconds of each other all ahead and allin pre and two of them against hands that had no business whatsoever being in it. 

Add two stupidly unlucky sat bubbles to this and within the space of 2 hours I’ve gone from fully prepared and feeling good to wondering why I love this game so much (and what the hell goes through some people heads).

Laptop has flown across the room. 

If it still works I’ll try out at least one point on a leaderbord tomorrow. 

• Like 5

Sorry to hear that @MetalWolf that's exactly what happened to me in the last series and the reason I didn't play any more after. 

Have a nice cup of tea and a good nights sleep and I'm sure you'll come back again. 😃

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I cannot comprehend how such shocking play gets so rewarded...

Another unbelievable night. One of my worst in memory despite one cash in a low. I don't know the words exist to express the luck I've had tonight. I won't bore you with it. Just know that if I win a leaderboard it will be because of a titanic late effort. If this continues for much longer I'll be out of the running even by tomorrow night. I was tempted to call someone out on here so they could explain their thinking in a truly atriocius luckbox effort which crippled me, because I think I must of forgot how to play poker if this is how to win. But thats not my style. People pay their money. They play how they want. They ultimately give that money me. 

We go again tomorrow.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear it been such a rough start, I hope you get some new energy for tomorrow and can get back to your game :D I was at your table for a little bit today and I got the feeling you where pretty tilted. Dont mean that as a critic in any way but just wanted to tell you that I got that feeling bcs I think you are such great guy and I want you to do good (exept vs me ofc :p) 

Hope you feel(and run) better tomorrow! Im confident you will!

• Like 6

Thanks @triceraatopp I really appreciate the kind words 😃

Which table was that? There were a fair few it could be lol There were some smaller tables I opened last night for the purpose of blowing off some steam to try and save other tables but the cards were relentless I couldn't get back into the correct mindset. The post in itself last night was just me blowing off steam and I feel pretty good again now to go again today. One of the main reasons I love this blog is to document what it's like to be an on and off grinder of nano - mid stakes, with kids, with a full time job. I hope people can see the effort involved, and it's really hard! Life and poker often don't mix but I love that I can still remain profitable and every so often compete at Unibet's higher end. At the end of the day that's the positive message I sell myself. Just in those moments like last night it's incredibly hard to do! lol.

We've all been there. Questioning everything we do because it seems nothing we do works. It is really hard to play good when you are running bad but I am really pleased with the way I handled the bubble of the low reentry event (the last table I had up). I was cool, made good decisions and managed to double my stack without being allin while we were hand for hand. It's those scenarios that I have to remember and not the bad ones. I'm not happy with a lot of my results this year, and there are many reasons for not currently being where I want to be escpecially over the last two months. I am hard on myself because I know I can do better. Those wins will come!

Thanks Tri I think I'm right in saying you've already made a pretty good start on the leaderboard and I hope you can win some! I look forward to the inevitable battles with you again tonight 😃

• Like 6

I completly understand and sometimes we just gotta let the steam out so we can come back with new energy :D And I think I talk for every poker player when I say that its extremly impressive that you manage to play the way you do with a full time job AND a family! 

Hm it was in the beginning ish of the low reentry I think, if i dont remember wrong you rejammed Ak and got called by some trash and after that I know I noticed that you didnt play the way you usually do. Since I apprichiate to hear when someone noticed something in my game thought you would to, ime we sometimes play a bit emotional even before we fully get aware off it and it can really help if someone points it out. (Not saying that was the case, as when people tell me stuff, sometimes they just didnt understand my strategy. haha darn its hard to formulate myself, point is I just wanted to tell my observation to be nice not in any way as a critic)

Really great to hear you did good on the bubble, thats excellent to be able to keep that cool and play good even after running like ♥️♥️♥️♥️ . You are a very experienced and competente player and mindset seems to be right back on track already :D 

Haha yeah Ive had a decent start, looking forward to battle it out toonight :D (Hopefully we can save the batteling until HU;)) GL tonight!

• Like 3

@triceraatopp honestly thanks for that I do appreciate when people point things out to me. I certainly can’t tell the difference when I’m in that mood lol and thanks again for the kind words! 😃

i just tried to look at the hand history but it wouldn’t load but you’re right - by the time that tournament even started I was tilted beyond belief and if I did lose AK jam to some trash that would of only made it worse lol

Now I just need to work on catching you up! Had a decent afternoon on the tables so far and am looking forward to PLO tonight!

• Like 2

@GR1ZZL3R  Haha it was a good'un wasn't it!

Unfortunately the same could not be said about my performance last night. Points in one low and one nano and a measly nano cash in the PLO mean that I am still yet to make any mark on this series. Just got home from work to start putting that right. 

• Like 1

@MetalWolf wrote:

@GR1ZZL3R  Haha it was a good'un wasn't it!

Unfortunately the same could not be said about my performance last night. Points in one low and one nano and a measly nano cash in the PLO mean that I am still yet to make any mark on this series. Just got home from work to start putting that right. 

IN THE NAME OF ELON! ASSEMBLE YOURSELF CORRECTLY METALWOLF! 

theMachine HAS MONEY RIDING ON YOU!

• Like 1

Forgetting is a nice human feature that we have been given and is useful in times like this. What I mean is that when things are just going bananas session after session I try to forget the previous session as long as I'm fine with the way I played. It is of course hard to do from time to time but is really necessary when you are grinding for the long run, series or even for fun. At least not put your focus or energy in the past sessions which you were unlucky in, there is not much to do. It's just leave them behind and look forward and hope that it turns around soon. Keep the good game up and do your best, there isn't much else you can do if the cards is not falling your way.

• Like 2