Metalwolf's Poker Blog

MetalWolf

@Patric-Unibet wrote:

Hey all,

first of all, sorry for my silence the past 2 weeks or so, I was on leave. Happy to new year all!

I just read through it and thanks @MetalWolf for this nice challenge.

I have added to both @Purps and @VikingsAF 10x 1 EUR HexaPro tickets as a little late Christmas gift since we had two winners, rather than one :)

Keep up the good work and best of luck!

Thank you @Patric-Unibet & @MetalWolf. The tickets just arrived 😃

Nice that @VikingsAF got the same prize too 👍

• Like 5

Not been a great start to the year poker wise. Grinded pretty long hours already with no reward. Not particually happy with the way I'm playing and have been straying towards always taking the gambolllll flips but feel I've run mostly bad, too. Also played some horrendous heads up for tickets in satelites. But as far as tournaments go it seems In and around the bubble it doesn't seem to matter what my stack is I'm being set up. AK to AA SB and BB. QQ Button to KK BB. That sort of thing. So nothing to shout about yet and 59 tournaments in we are at a loss. No problem. I'll win something this weekend 😏

On a side note I stopped playing yesterday because I felt tilt coming on (positive) and started browsing other things. Watched some of @Brocky on Twitch and his impressive feats, and came across @MathrimC stream late at night which I really enjoyed watching. Really chilled and good conversations going on with the community.

Also decided to mess about with my spreadsheets and post my stats a bit different this year so here they are so far.

Tournaments played: 59

ITM: 19 / 32.20%

Total buyin: €133.20

Total Cashes: €117.79

Tournament Profit: -€15.41

ROI: -11.57%

Tournament wins: 0

Hexapro

1: Played 1 won 1 = +2

2: Played 9 won 5 = +13

5: Played 2 = -10

Hexapro Profit: €5

Cash

4NLH: 7 buyins -2.54 profit

4PLO: 4 buyins 2.28 profit

Cash Profit: -€0.26

• Like 9

looks like you just getting bad variance at the worste time possible i have runs like this it is frustrating too me your in the money looks good :) ide still be happy with the volume if this is a bad week lets take a good one :D could deffinatly be worse!! the results will come aslong as we keep to our goals and dont let the tilt bring us down!! GLGL at the grind today if you playing!!

• Like 2

Sounds like standard spots and setups in which there is not much to do in those cases. So don’t be to hard on your self or over analyze your play if it feels good in overall. As long as you play according to standard and not donking around (with funky plays and crappy holdings) I think you should be happy with your game. And if you don’t feel motivated to play the best thing is to not play and do something else that you find fun and relaxing:happy: There are many days left on this year mate😉

• Like 1

@Silver1oh there has definitely been some funky plays! I tend to do that though if I see a tournament coming up I want to play but don't want any more tables up. Whatever cheap tournament I am below average in or look doomed in I tend to do something silly to either double up and then play properly or go out and start the new one lol

I'll try and keep this upto date on a more regular basis than last year. Others put the effort in so I will too. Tournaments went even worse today in terms of set ups than previous but pulled back a bit of profit. No sniffs of any final tables but made it through a few sats (hate these UK4's now, very frustrating) Hopefully will look 10x better after tomorrows games. Discipline will be my challenge on the first Sunday of the year. I'm only rolled to buy in to €5 tournaments and whatever tickets I decide to use above that. 

Tournaments played: 77

ITM: 24 / 31.17%

Total buyin: €171.60

Total Cashes: €165.08

Tournament Profit: -€6.52

ROI: -3.80%

Hexapro

1: Played 5 won 2 = -0.5

2: Played 15 won 8 = +13

Hexapro Profit: €2.5

Cash

4NLH: 8 buyins -2.02 profit

Cash Profit: €0.26

• Like 4

The tilt is indescribable.... Started off ok. Got a UO final ticket, closing in on a small final table and then suddenly BAM! Beat after beat, tournament after tournament until it got to the point where i was moving allin with anything to prove to myself if I could still win a hand. Making stupid calls because I couldn't believe that I had been called down on every street only for villain to hit miracle cards. I just had to see for myself. Many a tournament sacrificied with plenty of big blinds left just because I was cruising with a nice stack and some sick scenario then put me below average and I wanted my stack back as soon as possible.... sigh. When Sundays go bad they really do go bad.... 

Having said that, there were enough small cashes to keep the profit loss looking ok... but I have to turn this around soon for my own sanity.

Tournaments played: 101 (43 sats)

ITM: 30 / 29.70%

Total buyin: €310

Total Cashes: €285.98

Tournament Profit: -€24.02

ROI: -7.75%

Hexapro

1: Played 8 won 4 = +1

2: Played 16 won 9 = +14

Hexapro Profit: €5

Cash

4NLH: 9 buyins 5.10 profit

Cash Profit: €7.38

• Like 5

The main positive from last night was Wolves beating Liverpool. Other than that it was ok at the tables. As mentioned in another blog I seem to be running pretty good at sats but terrible in tournaments. It'll come...

Tournaments played: 122 (78 sats) ((Sats counted wrong on last update)) :dissatisfied:

ITM: 36 / 29.51%

Total buyin: €355.85

Total Cashes: €348.81

Tournament Profit: -€7.04

ROI: -1.98%

Hexapro

1: Played 8 won 4 = +1

2: Played 17 won 10 = +22

Hexapro Profit: €13

Cash

10PLO: 1 Buyin 0.58 profit

Cash Profit: €7.96

• Like 8

Luck is still not on our side and the tournament profit margins are getting worse. Im not playing great but being sucked out on a lot kinda causes you to be a bit silly... A surge of profit at Hexapro is keeping the overall yearly profit afloat but another weekend like last and the numbers are going to look pretty bad by Monday! Nearly won the first tournament of the year today. Came 2nd in the Nano Omaha Calypso... hey, they all count!

Tournaments played: 164 (107 sats) 

ITM: 45 / 27.44%

Total buyin: €428.30

Total Cashes: €386.97

Tournament Profit: -€41.33

ROI: -9.65%

Hexapro

1: Played 16 won 11 = +13.5

2: Played 66 won 26 = +51

5: Played 20 won 8 = +10

Hexapro Profit: €74.50

Cash

4PLO: 6 buyins 3.51 profit

10PLO: 3 Buyin -9.19 profit

Cash Profit: -0.58

Total Games Played: 284

Total Yearly Profit: +32.59

• Like 2

Pretty gutted tonight. Would of finally broke tournament profit for the year so far if I didn't have to rebuy in the UK tour final on Saturday (KK to A10, before losing that buyin KK to A7...). Tonight had some real bad luck around the bubble of the Exoplanet and then even worse luck when I got into the money losing fist 10 10 allin to A9 then next hand 99 allin to 66. Also busted the Neblua right outside the money AA to 86 so allin in all but a pretty draining night... but got to think of the positives. I won my first tournament of the year so at least I have that pressure off my back. The Galaxy nano and final tabled omaha Sputnik (another sick exit in 6th) but I'm on the right track. Hexapro also going in the right direction and I look forward to hitting a jackpot tomorrow 😛 Great to see so many new blogs up too!

968446366_GalaxyNano90players.thumb.png.126841134330b1d2889563f3844a31e3.png

Tournaments played: 200 (131 sats) 

ITM: 58 / 29.00%

Total buyin: €625.90

Total Cashes: €585.73

Tournament Profit: -€40.17

ROI: -6.42%

Tournament wins: 1

1x Galaxy Nano - 90 runners

Hexapro

1: Played 23 won 15 = +31

2: Played 107 won 40 = +61

5: Played 20 won 8 = +10

Hexapro Profit: €102

Cash

4NLH: 10 buyins 6.55 profit

4PLO: 7 buyins 3.87 profit

10PLO: 3 Buyin -9.19 profit

Cash Profit: +1.23

Total Games Played: 370

Total Yearly Profit: +63.06

• Like 6

I was sat on the same table as you for quite a while on Saturday, saw your KK cracked ( It wasn't me, honest 🤣 ) After you were moved I went out in the usual fashion, AK < 88 when getting low. Another 2 hours lost with no return. :teardrop: Just keep going, your time will come.👍

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

I was sat on the same table as you for quite a while on Saturday, saw your KK cracked ( It wasn't me, honest 🤣 ) After you were moved I went out in the usual fashion, AK < 88 when getting low. Another 2 hours lost with no return. :teardrop: Just keep going, your time will come.👍

Haha I bet it wasn't 😏

The seat only sat tonight has Manchester written on it. Not sure if thats been there since the December leg or it is actually the next leg. Either way I need a seat especially if it is Manchester!

• Like 1

I’m going to have to take a day off today...

Stone cold bubbled one of the sputniks yesterday JJ to 66. Went out in the money of one of the daily mains A10 to KJ board A x x J J. 

Tournament profit is again decimated largely due to the €130 I’ve spent trying to get onto the UK tour so far and I’m not even rolled for those qualifiers  😠

It is made more frustrating because of having to grind lower stakes than usual for little reward currently until I can get back to my usual bankroll. Will just take one nice cash in a Sunday main but until then just got to keep my head together.

Maybe I should become a HexaproPRO as that profit continues to rise at €1 and €2 level. 

I have a theory about Hexapro And my results. There is no doubt I am not playing nearly as well as I can and I attribute that to almost constantly having at least one Hexapro open along side my tournaments.

Tournament = patience is a virtue

Hexapro = ain’t nobody got time for patience

I think the constant influence of Hexapro is costing me games because I am finding it hard to keep each mindset separate and more likely to play almost any two cards. This theory is consistant with me reviewing my games where I am calling spots and saying to myself post-game ‘what was I doing there that isn’t me’.

i will continue as usual this week as the Hexapro promo is on and then I will ban it for a a week and see if it has an impact on results. 

• Like 1

Sounds as a good Idea to eliminate the Hexapro during the MTT grind. If I play MTTs I don’t have cash game tables or Hexapro on the side. As you are mentioning I don’t want to mix games during my sessions where the strategies are not in line with each other. I also think it can for some people mess up the game. I have add in some SNGs on the side during my MTT sessions, as I have said before, due to that the way you play in SNGs mimics MTTs pretry well in some aspects.

Wish you all the luck in the hunt for a spot to Manchester @MetalWol!

• Like 2