Metalwolf's Poker Blog

MetalWolf

@Silver1By the end of this one my brain was fried enough. I think HU SNG would tip it over the edge! You're right though it is certainly a part of my game I need to work on so yeah one for next year maybe.

@BrockyAbsolutely. In the end winning that 25x was the difference between profit and loss. I don't think I ran particually well last night but having said that the first 100 I played I thought I did run really well. Still think a better trained player than me at them could make a decent profit at 1 and 2 level. Above that I'm not sure. My stats overall for €1 buyin are now

Played 273

Won 99 (36.26)

Profit €57 (20.88% ROI)

Haven't kept track of which multipliers I won unfortunately but I know for a fact I have done better in the higher multipliers and that's the only reason im in profit. Good thing about the higher multipliers is the blind structure is a lot slower and it seems a lot of people clam up and take far less risks which benefits a more experienced player like me who is used to playing for bigger pay jumps. 

• Like 6

Damn. Too bad I couldn't be online last night to follow this. Nice start but things not going your way on the latter part :teardrop:

I'm fine with chopping the prize with @VikingsAF, since his answer wasn't exactly same than mine, so I don't think "first come, first served" should be a decisive thing here .... And it's the sharing season anyways :happyshy:

• Like 5

Just found my New Years poker resolutions from the start of the year.

1. Only play when I feel up to it and not for the sake of it (most important) Partial success. Didn't play for months through a bad period of life. Defo been more disciplined this year.

2. Become a more trusted and supportive member of this community through posts on here and support on twitch. Again, partial success. I do a lot on the forum but not so much on Twitch... yet!

3. Have a go at streaming on twitch myself. Fail. One for 2019!

4. I had my most profitable year in 2017 since 2013 so beating that again, hopefully! Big success. 4500 in profit in 2017. Nearly 10500 in profit this year. Another one to beat again next year!

5. Play a decent event in at least 3 live venues I have never been to before. (Hoping Unibet UK Tour can help me with this as I have never been Glasgow or Brighton). Success. I went to Brighton, Glasgow and Dublin. Cheating a bit because I had played in that hotel in Dublin before but it was called something different back then 😏

6. Qualify for a UO Success!

Really good year overall. I'll think of some new ones for next year.

• Like 12

Successful year for you @MetalWolf! Set new goals for the coming year that you find motivating. I usually find myself to left out on those things I find less fun or interesting. Not saying that is the case for you but I try to ask myself “Why?” I left out certain stuff. It often boils down to the fun factor. Some things in life are for sure a must do and we can not choose if we want to do it. But I believe in that putting priority on the fun things are a great way to achieve goals that are meaningful to one.

• Like 1

Thanks @Silver1 and sorry about that!

Was thinking ‘typical this is going to be AA when I’ve got KK’ when you moved allin but not much I could do. I came 7th in the end after being on the wrong side of variance when small blind 3bet allin merenitsus button raise and I was sitting in big with QQ. The K3 rivered a straight so luck evened itself out in the end for me. Ul mate gg.

• Like 4

2019 Goals and 2018 end of year stats

1. Play A LOT more daily / weekly mains - Didnt play anywhere near as much online as I'd hoped in 2018 but when I did I mainly stuck to UK tour and UO sats with lots of small mtts in between like the low stakes singularity etc. I need some main event wins to count this as a success.

2. Be visible on he Unibet live tours - No definite goals for how many events I will attend (we have a new baby on the way!!) but if I could repeat 2018 and be present at as many as I can that's the hope.

3. Put in the volume - Again no goals but I have a fair idea in mind of where I would hit on the challenge points every quarter to be satisified with the amount of volume I put in. Will have a better idea after the first quarter.

4. 15k profit - 10k in 2018 and aiming for 50% more with higher games mixed in. 

5. Live streams!!!! - Study the play (and comments) after the stream.

Final 2018 stats

Total games played: 2822

ITM: 862 / 30.55%

Total buyin: €20,429.20

Total Cashes: €30,867.26

Profit: €10,438.06

ROI: 51.09%

Tournament wins: 25

• Like 10

Thanks mate. My average buyin was €7.24 overall but €6.85 if we take out freerolls and other stuff that skew the figure. Is that meant to say crashes or has it been auto corrected from cashes?

If it's crashes I didn't really have any massive crashes through the year. I had promised myself to only play when in the mood and for the most part I stuck to that. If I wasn't mentally well or having a bad day in general i just wouldn't play. After Glasgow life got tough and my graph sort of reflects that by volume. Glasgow was june by which time id already played 2100 games. But by Dublin end of November I'd only added another 250 games or so to that total. I ran really bad through spells but nothing prolonged because of the breaks I took when it happened. Unfortunatley I found other vices during that time to throw money at but thats a different story lol

Three biggest cashes were Glasgow £4400, Dublin €3750 and then i think the other one was in the first UOS series. I came 3rd I think in a high event for about €800. I didnt really have any stand out online results due to hardly playing any main events. Think I only played the supernova 3 times last year and some of them like the comet I have never played. 

• Like 5

@MetalWolf wrote:

Thanks mate. My average buyin was €7.24 overall but €6.85 if we take out freerolls and other stuff that skew the figure. Is that meant to say crashes or has it been auto corrected from cashes?

If it's crashes I didn't really have any massive crashes through the year. I had promised myself to only play when in the mood and for the most part I stuck to that. If I wasn't mentally well or having a bad day in general i just wouldn't play. After Glasgow life got tough and my graph sort of reflects that by volume. Glasgow was june by which time id already played 2100 games. But by Dublin end of November I'd only added another 250 games or so to that total. I ran really bad through spells but nothing prolonged because of the breaks I took when it happened. Unfortunatley I found other vices during that time to throw money at but thats a different story lol

Three biggest cashes were Glasgow £4400, Dublin €3750 and then i think the other one was in the first UOS series. I came 3rd I think in a high event for about €800. I didnt really have any stand out online results due to hardly playing any main events. Think I only played the supernova 3 times last year and some of them like the comet I have never played. 

Glasgow and Dublin "markable" on your graph, but 3rd -> €800 from UOS is not, why ?

You are my new inspiration! Looking forward for this year, just keep doing amazing work!

• Like 2

@Silver1@MadAdo

Thanks both means a lot people take an interest and enjoy it and I'm glad I inspire you even though I hardly feel inspirational lol!

The 800 cash not showing up as a big spike is likely because of me losing around the same amount during the 50 game spell which the graph is marked up in. As it was during the first UOS which I think I spent about 2500e overall I think it will just be lost in there somewhere.

• Like 3

Hey all,

first of all, sorry for my silence the past 2 weeks or so, I was on leave. Happy new year to all!

I just read through it and thanks @MetalWolf for this nice challenge.

I have added to both @Purps and @VikingsAF 10x 1 EUR HexaPro tickets as a little late Christmas gift since we had two winners, rather than one :)

Keep up the good work and best of luck!

• Like 9