Metalwolf's Poker Blog

MetalWolf

@MetalWolf@Sect7G Unfortunately missed first day, but now back with super new computer and downloaded client, so will be tearing up the leader board as soon as, just thought I'd give you a head start. 🤣

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

I hope things are going better for you 2 guys... for some reason I feel a distinct stubble on my upper lip.  It might be a prelude to something. :)

@MetalWolf I've seen u a lot in the sats I hope those are going ok for you and tell me you took down the SN sat 2 days ago when u had a monster chip lead.

• Like 1

@Sect7G wrote:

I hope things are going better for you 2 guys... for some reason I feel a distinct stubble on my upper lip.  It might be a prelude to something. :)

@MetalWolf I've seen u a lot in the sats I hope those are going ok for you and tell me you took down the SN sat 2 days ago when u had a monster chip lead.

I was waiting for something good to happen before updating this blog but three days into the series and it has been nothing short of a disaster! No cashes in any of the UOS. And hanging around 110th on every leaderboard. Slightly worried about bankroll as didn’t expect such a hit early on and have been burning through sat tickets far quicker than I can achieve them.

I thought things had changed when I made a good and brave call in a massive pot on Dara ‘Doke’ in the high last night and seemed to be cruising towards the final only for a cruel runner runner to counterfeit my pair and leave me crippled. In fact, runner runner counterfeits have been a theme for me this series already.

Unfortunately no, I did not win that SN sat. I was massive lead with 3 left and then I got unlucky in a big 3 way allin and couldn’t recover. For 5 days now I have had nothing but the stupidest bad beats on record with the odd outdraw thrown in to keep me sane but I am going over hand history this morning to make sure I am not doing anything too wrong. Really disappointed with how things have gone so far but was watching Ian simpsons stream last night to see him enduring the same and remembering it happens to all of us. So today I am again focused and looking forward to what tonight brings.

ironically my electric shaver broke yesterday. I think the poker Gods are trying to tell me something.

good luck guys!

• Like 2

I made it onto Nano leaderboard last night, 17th in PLO, but I'm finding it a real struggle to stay commited. Somehow it feels more like work when you HAVE to turn up and play, and last night I was really not in the mood for a long session so surprised myself going so deep. Getting on the lb might re-motivate me, but I think that's why I only played a few in the last series, dipping in and out when I felt like it, this is just not my style. I'm honestly not being results orientated as I am moving up, but I'll see how I feel as it goes on. Best of luck everyone. 😃

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R if you think 2 weeks isn't in the lifestyle for you then you should read Farseer's blog or start following mine when it gets to part 6.  It's not a healthy lifestyle and it must be counter acted with using your time wisely when off the tables.  Excersice, family, friends time.

@MetalWolf I like the razor bit :) but I am wishing you well that things can turn around.  These series always hurt the br unless u bink big.  The problem compounds itself because you're also playing your regular games which should provide money.  Trying to win sat tickets while playing makes things harder.  It's much better to build the warchest prior. 

• Like 1

Four hours 12 minutes of mostly boredom,  all in with AQ, my best hand of the last hour, beaten by AJ, had been leader for close to an hour, 26th/420, 0.89 cents won, I don't know wether to laugh or cry with relief. I'm off to bed to recover for tomorrow:sad: my stamina's not what it used to be. Been reading all blogs, very interesting @Sect7G @Farseer and of course this one. 😃

• Like 2

@GR1ZZL3R 

Sect7G is right. It is very difficult and no one should put themselves through the stress of it where unnecessary. Playing with a bad frame of mind or a tired mind only leads to failure and that is not why we play poker. Ultimately we play poker to enjoy it and taking losses within our limits is all part of the fun and the success of having a good time whilst doing it. If it’s not fun take a break and come back fresh. Having been pro, semi pro and now more just a reg who likes to try and punch above his weight I wouldn’t recommend the lifestyle to anyone, however I’ve seen something different from Unibet I haven’t seen for years from a poker site. Their player interaction, live streams, ambassadors and willingness to help is second to none and I love being a part of that. It’s infectious and my ambition is to get myself a quality twitch stream by the end of the year and do more for the community of poker and it’s recs. I want to help people in poker.

@Sect7G Bubbled one of the nanos And snuck inside the cash in one of the highs last night so I’m moving in the right direction at least! The beats were no less cruel but I feel a bit better about my overall performance last night. Slowly climbing up the overall board to around 66th but think I almost still languishing around 100th in the nano :waterfall:

good luck today guys!

• Like 2

@MetalWolf Thanks for that, I really appreciate it. I realized a long time ago that the tournament grind is not for me, although I am determined to make a "live" appearance courtesy of my "Manchester or Bust" thread before I "retire", just as a personal challenge and the experience. Funnily enough I don't mind playing longish cash sessions, but then I can always hop in and out when I like, I feel more in control but I do admire the tourney grinders, best of luck to you and @Sect7G, you both sound well balanced and very helpful. THE main reason I LOVE Unibet is the community and fun aspect of it, this and other threads being good examples, and since I joined I've hardly played anywhere else, it just suits me and my massively downscaled ambitions. Being a Taurean (bullheaded) I cannot give up so soon in a challenge, so will be here tonight (low hundreds on leaderboard) Nano only  and chasing you all the way.

Got to go (400 flops to see [ more homework]) best of luck with twitching (thought that was birdwatching 😃) and keep up the blog.😃

Did I mention I LOVE Unibet.👍

• Like 2

@GR1ZZL3RNice one mate and I certainly will keep it up! Glad to see you still giving it a go and I look forward to seeing you in Manchester. I havent got a seat for that one yet but I have already booked a hotel so will be there one way or another!

@MetalWolf I will see you there even, as I've said if I have to pay, but that's not the point is it? Onward and upward, to Manchester and beyond, looking forward to meeting up with some great community members and the others.😃

Doh he did me in himself lol

PLO Board of A 7 3 with 2 spades.  I have Ks7s7d Tc.  Any spade is good... any MetalWolf not having AA is good... oh wait he did have it lol.

Nice playing with ya and take it down and rub them points on your Moustache.

• Like 1

@Sect7G Haha unlucky mate. You did take me out of a Supernova sat earlier so it's 1-1 😏

Im having a disaster series so far and today alone I'm down quite a lot which this nano isn't going to sort out.... but I need to take it down now!!

Well, I seem to have given myself a chance of defending my Nano title by winning one of the events last night! Thanks to @GR1ZZL3R and anyone else that was railing. I have settled in 6th on the Nano leaderboard and still lots of work to be done. 

Unofrtunately other than that Nano win I have only had one other cash in a high event so overall this series is costing a lot of money and the Nano win did nothing to replenish that bit of bankroll! Not to be deterred though I am already in all the sats today to try and cover the next few very expensive days (must admit that €50 rebuy looks out of my league at the moment...) Just have to see how it goes and take each day as it comes. My ego didn't really allow me to have such a terrible start to the series but I am still determined to do all I can to chase that overall leaderboard of which I currently sit 31st on. 

Will do a full update of yearly stats at some point today when the tables quieten down. Good luck today all.

• Like 5

Congrats on the win!! The player in between us was awful imo and figured you'd get his big stack.

I'm way down to 60th on the nano lb and sitting 22nd on the overall due to doing well in the low lb.

Surprisingly I'm doing well in plo events which I seldom play and couldn't list off the top 5 starting hands.

• Like 1

@Sect7G wrote:

Congrats on the win!! The player in between us was awful imo and figured you'd get his big stack.

I'm way down to 60th on the nano lb and sitting 22nd on the overall due to doing well in the low lb.

Surprisingly I'm doing well in plo events which I seldom play and couldn't list off the top 5 starting hands.

Cheers mate. Yeah there was two players on our table I was willing to call a lot looser against as I figured I had the stronger post flop play. I made some mistakes for sure but happy with overall performance. Nice one on the main leaderboard! It's the low I'm doing the worst on, which was the same as last time too. I have a theory that the low events are the strongest fields as they will have larger numbers of above average players and bigger player pools whereas the high is a mixture of good players and sat winners where you can still pick good spots more often, and smaller fields. 

• Like 1

(back to 80's wrestler voice)  Sunshine you may have gotten the best of me yesterday by blind luck intervention... but today is my time to shine.  1st place in the non moustache division with 63 left.

• Like 1