Metalwolf's Poker Blog

MetalWolf

A mid week update. I am so hyped for the Unibet Online Series. I am going to be playing as many events as possibly and trying hard to get a few bullets for the main which I am not currently rolled to buy in to. Also very much looking forward to Brighton straight after and hope to see a few of you there.

As an analyst and efficiency driver in the day job numbers excite me more than they should and I've been doing a bit of analysis on my own poker tendancies. My ROI and profit at this stage are not as good as I hoped they would be but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I am tending to play lots of games which I don't particually have an edge in, but enjoy them - the main reason for playing them in my opinion.

The tournaments I have the best ROI in so far as 5e rebuy, 4e step it up and 10e PLO freezeouts.

The tournaments I have the lowest ROI in are lowest level Banzai, 1e freezeouts and 2e Unibet Open sats. Ignoring the Banzai, which is mental, I wonder wether mentality wise I subconsiously attribute less importance to 'lower' games or even try moves I wouldn't normally do in favour of concentrating on the slightly bigger 5e rebuys or 10e freezeouts. My ROI's in 25e events are also mostly positive although consist of an even smaller sample size.

Obviously sample sizes are no where near big enough at the moment to draw any conclusions but always good to spot early trends to identify key areas to improve I guess. Currently my hourly rate is 2.05e profit which isn't quite enough to turn pro again yet... :haha:

Total games played: 674

ITM: 216 / 32.05%

Total buyin: €4211

Total Cahes: €4482.10

Profit: €271.10

ROI: 6.44%

Tournament wins: 6

1x NLH Fireball

1x PLO Fireball

1x PLO Singularity

2x NLH Wormhole

1x NLH Shooting Star

• Like 3

I watched 'Molly's game' this week and quite enjoyed it. There is a particular part in it which is very relevant to how this week has been and that's when the guy gets runner runner Aces to beat the flopped full house and put the guy on tilt. That scenario alone has happened around 4 times to me this week and tilt has duely followed. It has been a truly horrendous week for coolers where so many times I have fist pumped in celebration as someone called all in only for the chips to go in the opposite direction leaving me open jawed at the straight flush or 'over quads' that are decimating my bankroll. Unbelievably I managed to win two tournaments but the experience overall has certainly left a sour taste in my mouth where truly little has seemed to go right and situations where I am almost a sure thing to win have turned into harrowing reminders of how poker can really kick you while your down. I was particually disappointed in the 'Titan' as just outside the bubble I had 40 BB's and saw a 4 A 7 flop with 4 4. Actually managed to get allin against AQ only for the turn and river both to be aces. Tilt and being silly cost me a lot more.

I hope I am getting this all out the way before the Online Series in which I am planning to play EVERY event. I feel free of tilt and refreshed today so I think two days of hard grind before a weekend off in prep for the online series is in order. Need this one big score to put the year back on track!!

Total games played: 822

ITM: 247 / 30.05%

Total buyin: €5038

Total Cahes: €5104.28

Profit: €66.28

ROI: 1.32%

Tournament wins: 8

1x NLH Deep Space

1x NLH Deep Crazy Moon

1x NLH Fireball

1x PLO Fireball

1x PLO Singularity

2x NLH Wormhole

1x NLH Shooting Star

• Like 4

UOS Let's go!

Planing to give a daily update on how I did in each event and where I think I went wrong. The only events I am going to struggle with on paper is Saturday events but the plan is to try and play everything. 

Thankfully, I turned the tilt around and started getting some scores again. Gutted to miss out on the 1k deep space 2 days in a row with a 4th place then 2nd place finish despite having dominant positions, but managed to win 2 fireball's to ease the pain. Good luck all in the UOS and hope to see a few community names among the leaderboard's elite - including hopefully my own!!!

Total games played: 889

ITM: 267 / 30.03%

Total buyin: €5549

Total Cahes: €5896.86

Profit: €347.86

ROI: 6.27%

Tournament wins: 10

1x NLH Deep Space

1x NLH Deep Crazy Moon

3x NLH Fireball

1x PLO Fireball

1x PLO Singularity

2x NLH Wormhole

1x NLH Shooting Star

• Like 1

Day 1 Roundup

E1 High - OUT

E2 Low - OUT

E3 Nano - 20th - 2.65

E4 High - Out

E5 Low - 11th - 21.89

E6 Nano - Out

Came away bitterly disappointed last night that I didn't make the final table of the low. I had AK all in vs A9 only for the 9 to hit, and AQ allin vs A10 only for my queen to help him out with his runner runner straight. Cost me two heads and a top 5 stack and I just couldn't get a run going from there. I don't think i played well overall on the night particualy in the high events which felt a bit quick but I'm not going to complain. I also bubbled two 50e tickets so ended up buying into event 1 which I'm not really rolled to do and my bankroll and ticket balance defo took a large hit last night. BUT. I'm feeling positive. Tonight is another night and my leaderboard stats are as follows:

high: 151st

Low: 43rd

Nano: 27th

Overall: 40th

So it's not started to bad in that sense. Defo something to build on and we go again tonight! I'll give a ROI etc stats update every couple days.

• Like 3

Isn't it always the case that when you really look forward to something life comes along and kicks you in the balls?

Due to circumstance beyond my control I've had to divert funds away from poker so won't be playing a few of the high events but still want to play as much of the schedule as possible. I missed the low and high rebuy last night but played the rest. I just final tabled one of the highs tonight and am still in a nano so hopefully keeps me in good stead for the leaderboard. 

Will do a full update in the morning!

• Like 4

So after having a terrible night and then missing a couple of events but coming back to have success last night my records is as follows:

E7Out 
E8Out 
E9Out 
E1024th19.7
E11Out 
E12ITM1.14
E13Missed 
E14Missed 
E15Out 
E16Out 
E17ITM15.74
E18Out 
E19Out 
E20Out 
E212nd20.01 (inc final table bonus)
E226th216.82 (inc final table bonus)
E23Out0.68
E24Out

Leaderboard

High: 36

Low: 39

Nano: 4

Overall: 7

Hype!! My personal goal was to get into the top 40 of the overall leaderboard but I am optimistic after last night I can do even better now. I felt I played really well last night except maybe in the final 4 of the Nano as it took over an hour for an elimination and I was tiring. May have to miss the high rebuy tonight... will make a judgement call later. But hope to see a few of you on the tables again. Was a good night for the community overall!

Other stats:

Total games played: 967 

ITM: 291 / 30.09%

Total buyin: €6249.75

Total Cahes: €6622.65

Profit: €372.90

ROI: 5.97%

• Like 6

Total bust last night. Played like a fool and dropped to 11th in the overall leaderboard. I will continue to play like a fool tonight too. I plan to play all 6 events..... DRUNK! (Hey, I'm not wasting my Saturday in the faint hope I will cash big :haha: lol)

Cya all at the final!

• Like 4

So it took 4 lagers, 2 ales and 3 bourbons but I finally managed to win an event 😀

I won E33 Nano and came on the final two tables of the 50e high event too to shoot up the leaderboard.

Overall: 7th

Nano: 1st

Low: 28th

High: 21st

Just hope I can roll myself enough to get into all these events! Next week is very expensive and as of yet I don't have a 100e ticket for tonight. Fingers crossed!

• Like 6

@theMachine In drinking maybe but not sure that would be good for a machine? 

I wouldn’t be a very good coach. I would be a very ‘do as I say, not as I do’ type and wouldn’t be a good role mode. I struggle immensely with the mental side of the game when things aren’t going well and tilt comes very easy for me.

• Like 2

Quick update. Yesterday was a complete bust after some really bad play coupled with really bad luck (lost AA to A7 and QQ to 55 both all in pre in one of the highs) but managed to hold on to top spot in the nano. Slipping down the low and high. 

Trouble is tonight and probably tomorrow I'm not going to be playing the highs so things could look very different come Thursday...

Overall: 6th

Nano: 1st

Low: 38th

High: 26th

• Like 3

I am desperately hanging on to 1st in the Nano leaderboard but have fell to 9th overall due to not playing either of the highs yesterday. I won't be playing any of the highs today either. Still 4 other events to win though. Let's go!

Will do full update later.

• Like 1

Right. This is not over. After a new injection of money we are going to go for every event left. Despite going out everything early last night I didn't drop too much and I am still very confident that with some good play, some mental strength and a bit of luck I can grab a  top 10 overall position. Overall sats are as follows:

nano: 2nd 

Low: 34th

High: 35th

Overall: 16th

Total games played: 1092

ITM: 326 / 29.85%

Total buyin: €7152

Total Cashes: €7774.80

Profit: €622.80

ROI: 8.71%

Tournament wins: 11

1x NLH Deep Space

1x NLH Deep Crazy Moon

3x NLH Fireball

1x PLO Fireball

1x PLO Singularity

2x NLH Wormhole

1x NLH Shooting Star

1x Unibet Online Series Nano Event

• Like 5

Despite 2 cashes tonight it looks as though we are still dropping on the overall leaderboard which is disappointing. But I have managed to nab back 1st place in the nano by the looks of it. Those of you watching Ian's stream would of laughed to see me fold with a quarter big blind on the bubble of the rebuy high but it was a £160 fold to me lol Unlucky to the person on the other table who was allin at the same time and lost. Was absolute releif on my part after a horrendous day at the tables - escpecially in the sats where I was getting 2/3 outed every minute it seemed. 

Big day tomorrow. WD to all tonights cashers.

• Like 4

It turns out one of the Nano's hadn't finished when I checked the leaderboard last night and rather than taking back 1st I have fell even further behind in second! I like the look of the schedule tonight and suspect it will fit my style of play pretty well so fingers crossed!

Nano: 2nd 

Low: 44th

High: 32nd

Overall: 19th

Total games played: 1138

ITM: 337 / 29.61%

Total buyin: €7412.45

Total Cashes: €8124.47

Profit: €712.02

ROI: 9.61%

• Like 5

Thanks @Pucuri88 I will certainly try!

Yesterday was a good but frustrating day really. I had a hatrick of 2nd places in the main schedule and I'm disappointed with myself that I wasn't able to close any of them out. In the UOS I made another final table, this time in a low event. It helped my position overall but the Nano leader continues to motor away from me in points. 

The gap seems to have opened a bit further in the overall board between me and top but I am happy with my 4 final tables and 1 win so far. Hopefully I can add at least another one (preferably in the main!) and finish in that top 10! 

Nano: 2nd

Low: 29th

High: 29th

Overall: 11th

Once again I like the look of tonights events and very happy to see bounty and ante tournaments as a bit of a break from the normality of the usual rebuy schedule. 

• Like 3

Urghhhhhh terrible night. Few finals and cashes in the usual schedule, but my own gambly nature coupled with a horrendous run of luck meant that it is highly unlikely we will hold on to any of those leaderboard positions. Should of been so much better. Can't dwell on it. Get it out the way now ready to turn it all around on Sunday. A bad day on Sunday will see my profit lines below smasheddddd but what do we care ay? This is poker and we always come back for more!!! 

Total games played: 1220

ITM: 361 / 29.59%

Total buyin: €8039.20

Total Cashes: €8820.26

Profit: €781.06

ROI: 9.72%

• Like 5

So close yet so far last night! Made the final two tables in both a high and a low. In the high I was going strong only for AQ to wreck my AK allin pre and also wreck my chances of a 5th final table of the series. The low I didn't play well with two tables left and deservedly didn't make that one. I am happy with my positions going into the final day. I thought I could make the top 30 and it turns out my ambitions could of probably been higher. I am making the decision to skip the 25 rebuys tonight but fingers crossed for the main and good luck to all that play it. Whatevers happens I am proud of my personal performance during these events and can't wait for the next series.

Nano: 3rd

Low: 21st

High: 25th

Overall: 8th

• Like 3

Well it's official it seems. I have won the Nano board :inlove:

Thank you to everyone who liked, commented or willed me on to do well over this series. It meant a lot. I am proud of my finishing position, although there is defo room for improvement at low and high levels. I loved following everyone elses blogs and the streaming various people did on Twitch. I have got so much learning to take away from this series and will make sure I am more prepared for the next one, which I am very much looking forward to. Will do a full profit update in the coming days when leaderboard prizes have been paid but after only missing 6 events I think I deserve a few nights off to chill.

Good luck to all who are already ready to get back on the grind!

FINAL STANDINGS

Nano: 1st (Woooooooooo!)

Low: 28th

High: 30th

Overall: 9th

• Like 14