Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

Good luck mate. I moan about the timings of tour announcements all the time. If the first one is Brighton like this year then whether I have a package or not the expenses are astronomical to try and arrange at short notice and it puts me off the qualifiers, although I must admit the 50 final does seem to be very popular now. I will make more of a go for it after points reset in January. Hoping for a bit of freshening up on the tour next year. Would love to see Nottingham back but I really need to cash in the Welsh and Northern Irish regions to get the flags to complete my UK & Ireland tour lol

GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

Nice idea collecting all the flags @MetalWolf, good luck on that one. I like my home comforts too much so Midlands up will be the ones I'm looking for so not too long away, let's see what's coming. Smile

It Is What It Is
anyone Rank 16
Rank 16

The @GR1ZZL3R what stakes do you play at in cash game? Maybe an idea to put up a challenge there? Like playing a number of hands in a month? Or playing CG to make up for the buy in to the OU tournament or half of it? A challenge like that might motivate you to step up the game as you want toSmile (?)

0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

@anyone I'm currently playing mostly 5-10 and dropping to 2-4 when I lose a bit, mostly NLHE and occassionaly PLO, which I do like but find more tilting.

I've never been a mass table grinder and really wouldn't want to be, I play small sessions as and when I feel like it, and at my age I don't really have much to motivate me.  However, I do like following these various challenge threads and set this one just to see what can be done. I loved following @MetalWolf Hexapro and see @Brocky is starting a HU today, will check out the stream later. There are many more, some pretty serious and some just entertaining and they all have their place, so in the New Year I will be doing a cash game challenge, a small one to start and then hopefully a bigger one if that goes well, which will include a give-away.Cash simply because I've had such an enjoyable year on UB and in the community. The motivation will be to have a more professional approach to poker and gambling, not necessarily to become a millionaire but to be more self disciplined. These days I see challenges as more mental, (that's my excuse if I lose money Rofl) but if it leads to more Cash then I won't complain.Rofl

I still have 4 tx left in this thread so I'm not writing it off yet Smile and will play more tourneys in future, I'm looking forward to the DIRT series, and we'll see where it all leads.Thumbs Up

It Is What It Is
anyone Rank 16
Rank 16

@GR1ZZL3R like your attitude towards the game! I think that one step to becoming that billionaire, if someone has that goal, is to break it down to smaller challenges and put focus on enjoying the process. Having fun during the road, independently of what you do in life I think is one of the key success factors. If you are not having fun the process will, most certainly, become a very short one. Thumbs upSmile

GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

@anyone I'm a great believer in life that to be a success you have to enjoy what you're doing, what's the point of playing poker for a living if you don't enjoy it? you might as well get an ordinary job where the money comes regularly and there is less stress on paying the bills, BUT if you love doing something and can make money at it, why not? We all have our comfort levels, for some it's 2-4c for others it's 200-400e, and my challenge is to see how far I can go, so far not very far.Teardrop

We know there are some serious players on UB but even they can do a fun challenge now and then so it shows it's not all nose to the grindstone, and I say the more the merrier, I can't wait to start, so look out for a new cash game challenge coming soon. Rofl

It Is What It Is
GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

Don't you sometimes just hate poker and wish you could find a game that does not tilt you to the same degree?

Hoping to finish the old year on a high and still having 4 x 50e UK tx left, this was the last attempt this year. The tourney started off fairly quiet and sedate, about 36 entries. Nothing of note happens for over an hour then a late comer decided to have a go.

Screenshot (1407).pngHe put a small raise in pre-flop so I called, and called the flop.

Screenshot (1408).pngMy kicker was a slight worry but you have to go with it sometimes, so called the turn.

Screenshot (1409).pngA shove on the river, all that's beating me is a pair of sixes so an easy call.

What did he have?

Spoiler
Screenshot (1410).png

Less than ten minutes later I was cruising comfortably.

Screenshot (1411).pngI suspected there was a flush out there but top set doesn't come along all that often and the river was a beauty. Rofl

Screenshot (1412).png Another favourable flop and the turn induced more chips to go in. Smile

Two hours twenty minutes and 11 left in out of 60 entries and 6 rebuys, six UK packages, 2 x 50e tx and 2e for ninth, I was sliding down to 5th after being totally card dead for 40 mins with only a small pot with KK to show for it.

Screenshot (1413).pngThe dream flop would pretty much ensure a coveted UK package, but how quickly our hopes are dashed. Veryangry

Screenshot (1414).png That left me 11th, 10th went straight out and I quickly followed.

Screenshot (1415).pngBubble boy and feeling pretty down.

Checking in on the community I immediately see:

@Brocky  "most tilting session ever"

@Bing__  "savage UK final"

@Kliedz_Zivju  "another crap day"

I'm not one for revelling in others misery but somehow it's not quite as bad when you know others are sinking in the same boat, hopefully not for long and not quite as drastically as

@betser  "unibet stinks" and "kill all invold (sic) unibet"

There may be tilt issues around.

Putting it all in perspective:

gone with the wind tomorrow GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

And the day after the day after tomorrow is another year.Heart

It Is What It Is
Kliedz_Zivju Rank 14
Rank 14

ughh that is brutal! my fist's wouldve already been pumping :/ not like that!! hopefully the new year brings the fire back have you qualified for the 10k freeroll that would be a nice win and davitsche loyalty freeroll is gonna be valuuue town 

0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

@Kliedz_Zivju Sad to say but I'm steering clear of the freerolls for a while, although I went out of that last tourney I do find I'm enjoying the longer deeper tourneys more instead of the any two will do kind. The fact is I don't really like having to play a set schedule for missions and would rather play what I want when I want. Community freerolls are different however, the dynamic of playing "known" players is much more enjoyable so I will still play those. Happy

It Is What It Is
Kliedz_Zivju Rank 14
Rank 14

ill probably be in the same boat when i get busted early after following these 30 missions i do like abit of free value :P the community here is awsome tho always a good game when its not completely nuked with freeroll hunters hehehe :P