Manchester or Bust V 2.0

GR1ZZL3R

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York 14:25   No bet, I never bet odds on and can't make a strong case to oppose it. Beer time. 😃😃😃

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Back home after a very enjoyable day out.

No more winners 

1621045950_Screenshot(3730).png.26b99ece03b0ac23e37bdb18ba2f1b61.png 

but still a great day out.

1472838151_Screenshot(3731).thumb.png.17f76ca8c6dfa708687c374a3dc8f01a.png

Thirsty work, this form study.

1297191558_Screenshot(3732).thumb.png.31b5c505b88eb7f6099ff45b9b5fbbcc.png 

Pride of place to the day's first winner. 

The phone gave up the struggle around 3 o'clock so I'll add a power pack next time @pinki 

:Happy:

• Like 6

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Thanks all for the comments. :happy:  I did have fun and a great day, bit of a warm face and arms  this morning with being in the sun all afternoon. Of course this being Britain it's now down to 9 degrees and drizzling, the forecast for Sunday is 61% chance of rain, fairly typical as I bought a ticket for England v Pakistan in the 5th One Day International at Headingley. Brolly at the ready. 

raining gene kelly GIF 

There may be only one thing that can dampen my mood at the moment so I'm going to grind the UK and UO sats today, see if that works. 

Run good and happy grinding. :Thumbsup:

• Like 3

Welcome to Headingley for the 5th one day international, England v Pakistan, England leading 3-0 in the build up to the World Cup.

• Like 1

Last week was so enjoyable, a winning day at the races, City completing an unprecedented domestic treble, and England completing a series win before the World Cup.

Shout out to @pinki for a great suggestion.

1026387395_Screenshot(3752).png.4db94afd0036dbdf01119cf55e6c6abb.png

A late birthday present came in very handy yesterday, down to 11% on my phone mid afternoon but recharged very quickly. 👍

So back to reality and having hardly played the last few weeks it's time to get down to business. 

Having the confidence and enthusiasm slowly drained out of you over an extended period is not a pleasant experience, and I know I'm not the only one suffering at the moment, so this isn't going to be a self pitying whine or rant at the unfairness of it all, no matter how true it is (unfairness). @MetalWolf  wrote how my blog has inspired him to try to qualify for the UK Manchester leg, and in turn that has actually inspired me to keep on going 👍 so let's crack on and see where we end up. 

😃

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

It's been three weeks since my last update and that seemed mainly about cricket and horse racing, so let's get back to business.

I haven't been grinding constantly, there's so much else to do and watch. The Cricket World Cup every day, weather permitting, the daily horse racing comp, the Roland Garros series, bug spotting and now the June mini series every day, and the side mission of cracking the Roulette code, so poker has been slotted in as and when I feel like it.

Seeing the new 0.20c tickets ( a great idea ) and having bought the Poker Satellite Strategy book ( very informative ) I really went back to basics and so far it seems to be paying off. The book is very strong on patience and not risking chips when unecessary, and after a couple of false starts detailed earlier I now find I'm really enjoying these satties, something I haven't said about poker for quite a while. They just seem to suit my style of play, not getting too involved unless with premium hands, and there's so much shoving and pushing early on that 40-50% of the field can disappear by the time late reg closes. It really is a matter of watching how the others play and picking your spots, who and when to attack, totally different tactics from attacking the number 1 place. I only play one at a time, usually about an hour, a break and then on to the next, usually only 2 or 3 a day, perfect pacing for an old plodder like me.

UO Tickets                        UK Tickets                  MTT Tickets             Bonus Points

€4 x 1                                €50 x 1                         €1 x 7                         4,800

€2 x 10                              €4 x 1

€1 x 1                                €1 x 4 

A reasonable start, helped by the 0.20c tickets and BPs won on the horses and June series, they're building up nicely. I'll carry on playing the odd one here and there and at the end of June with the addition of mission points maybe buy a few more €4 tickets and have an assualt on the qualifiers. Meanwhile it's off to enjoy the Great British Summer, run good all. 👍 

maroon 5 rain GIF by NOW That's Music

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

There's not a lot to add really. I've been buying 0.20c tickets with the bonus points I've been collecting from various  community promos and turning them into €1 tickets for the UK tour or any mtt, quite a steadily growing collection. I still have 200 BPs so possibly another 10 tickets or a couple of €1 tickets, and this week use up any outstanding 0.20 tickets. I have 4,000 points to come at the end of this month, a relatively small amount which reflects how little I'm playing, so next Monday, 1st July and the start of a new quarter, I'm going to convert all my points to tickets, minimum value €1, maybe some €4 or possibly higher depending on my current stockpile, and take it from there. Does anyone count money spent in the shop as money, I don't as my br doesn't change, but should I count a €1 buy in using a ticket bought with BPs. If I then win a €4 ticket and use that do I count that €4 as money spent or not?

News of exchangers for the UK tour returning is probably going to help me as well. I've read somewhere about making 100,000 points in a quarter just grinding tickets, (was it @jonny2192 ?) Does anyone still do that? I don't think I could get anywhere near that, but it might be interesting to see how many I made just exclusively on satties. I don't even know what return I'd get if just turning over tickets again and again but it's an interesting idea.

So basically this week will be just a few skirmishes here and there, a re-assessment of the troops on Sunday night, a re-armament and replenishment on Monday morning, and plenty of battles for the next three months.

lord of the rings GIF

• Like 1