MPROX SIT N GO CHALLENGE

Petit_pertotal

Hi everyone,

I havent been playing poker since earlier this year and was thinking to do a new challenge because i have more spare time again :)

Years ago in april 2015 when i was still a student i did a 1EU 5M SNG challange which i never had completed but was with a decent roi (17% on a 410 sample).

So this time being 4 years older i tought let's do the same but don't quit the challenge like i did back then. 

Graph of the 2015 challange that wasn't completed:
2015.PNG.a98ef191ed96198262620c5f09364ab9.PNG

Now about the current challgene, i have 3 main rules:

1. Play at least 1000 games before moving stake.
  2. Play ICM TRAINER (pokerstrategy) with 50 situations and +95% succes (max 2 faults on 50 situations) before starting the session grind of the day.
  3. Max 6 tabling.
  4. Use the required bankroll before moving stake. 

Required bankroll:
€1 S&G = MIN. €50
€2 S&G = MIN. €125 (move down at €60)
€4 S&G = MIN. €300 (move down at €240)
€10 S&G = MIN €1000 (move down at €600)

Also am i writing my sitngo game plan right at this moment while studying or analyzing my game so i know what to do at what effective stack sizes, ..
Books i bought:

• Crushing Low Stakes Poker: The Essential Guide to Dominating Low Stakes Sit 'n Gos Volume 1: Strategy by Mike Turner (completed)
  • Crushing Low Stakes Poker: The Essentials Guide to Dominating Low Stakes Sit 'n Gos, Volume 2: Heads-Up by Mike Turner (50% completed)
  • Secrets of Sit'ngos by Phil Shaw (Completed, after Sit 'n Go Strategy by Collin Moshman is this the second best book)
  • Sit 'n Go Strategy by Collin Moshman  (almost completed and is the best book of the 4 in my opinion)

Also did i find bunch of s&g strategy videos on grinderschool.com which i am currently viewing when i am on the computer and not playing.

Based on the information from the video, books, my own game i am writing the game plan.

Lastly as i said in the rule already am i doing the ICM quiz on pokerstrategy ICM TRAINER aswell very often to keep my descissions good.

Now some more info about the challenge:
i have tested the challenge first before i was going to create a new topic to see if it was worth it & also did i start with 1 table, add a second table, then to 4, then to 6 and after that to 12 tables, when i was at 12 tables i saw i couldn't play decent anymore so went back to 6 which is perfect for me. 
Now i have a beter understanding how the challenge will be done and i have tested it myself ahead i am going to publish this challenge which actually already started 2 weeks ago  (have been streaming sometimes the last 2 weeks on twitch also at https://www.twitch.tv/mprox).

Right at this moment my ROI is 11,66% (which is lower as in 2015 when i was constant 4 tabling and had 17,07% ROI)
My current graph looks like this: (downswing was me 12 tabling a few days as test)
2019.PNG.186b8b69a1e496bc099f20efe62f1ebf.PNG

My google drive:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14BXy6uc-Ky3SKaJiog860HG-xoYN1jcmr1m_evdw8c8/edit#gid=0

• Like 12

@Petit_pertotal wrote:

Can't wait to start the 4eu sng's tbh :p but going to follow my rules of min 1k per stake (so have to do 500games more at €1 and 2k more at €2) + also need the correct bankroll as mention above else even have to play more before i enter the €4 sngs

Hi, i kinda disagree with your approach, you are def a winning player, so you should want to reach higher levels as fast as possible.

Here's an idea for BRM i tested and it worked fine for me.

Fast: 25 Buy-ins / Normal: 50 Buy-ins / Slow: 100 Buy-ins

If you are a winning player, its kinda hard to go broke if you are using Normal+ BRM and are willing to go up and down.

Normal:

€1_sng: €50

€2_SNG: €100 (€80) €1_SNG

€4_SNG: €200 (€160) €2_SNG

€10_SNG: €500 (€400) €4_SNG

€25_SNG: €1250 (€1000) €10_SNG

€50_SNG: €2500 (€2000) €25_SNG

€100_SNG: €5000 (€4000) €50_SNG

OR

Let's say you decide to play 25 SNGs a session:

€50 = 25x €1 SNG

€60 = 5x €2 SNG + 20x €1 SNG

€70 = 10x €2 SNG + 15x €1 SNG

€80 = 15x €2 SNG + 10x €1 SNG 

€90 = 20x €2 SNG + 5x €1 SNG

€100 = 25x €2 SNG

So yeah, i think you Bankroll should dictate what stake to play. Playing 1K at every stake is a waste of time in my opinion.

👍 :cash:

• Like 4

@FreedoM wrote:

Hi, i kinda disagree with your approach, you are def a winning player, so you should want to reach higher levels as fast as possible.

I don't know, bro. 10 % ROI at the SNG1s is not that impressive. There are definitely massive leaks that need to be plugged first before moving up. What always makes me wonder is why all you guys are so infatuated with these boring graphs. :laugh: There are much better statistics you can generate, that even help you to find out where you're winning and where you're losing. E.g. Percentage of 1st and 2nd place. % of you finishing ITM. % of you winning heads-ups. If you write down your starting chips going into the heads-up phase, you can also specifically determine whether or not you're doing well there.

Tons of options to improve, tons of options...

• Like 9
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

1st place: 114/501

2nd place: 121/501

3th place: 130/501

4th place: 87/501

5th place: 49/501

235/501 = 46% ITM

48,5% 1st place

51,5% 2nd place

seems when i do my iCM calculations on pokerstrategy i always have around 90-95% but also the bubble is still my worst spot.

also i think getting an avg of 60% 1st place and 40% second place must be something doable so a bit more focus on my headsup play is necessary aswell.

• Like 5

@Petit_pertotal wrote:

235/501 = 46% ITM

48,5% 1st place

51,5% 2nd place

seems when i do my iCM calculations on pokerstrategy i always have around 90-95% but also the bubble is still my worst spot.

also i think getting an avg of 60% 1st place and 40% second place must be something doable so a bit more focus on my headsup play is necessary aswell.

46 % ITM is good for higher limits, but not that much for the 1s. You win 22.7 % of every tournament you play, which is also a good number, but given the competition you're facing right now, it should be higher. You're losing percentage points once you move up. Winning 48,5 % of your games once you reach HU is great, however I think you're not making it to the top-2 often enough. If I were you, I'd start writing down your chips stack once the HU starts  and compare it to your results. After 100 or 200 HUs you can already see whether or not you're outperforming or underperforming during the HUs.

• Like 3
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

• 2 weeks later...

short update,

been taking some shot's at 4€ and 2€

but going to complete the 1€ grind first (at least 1k sng's)

i play regular but i have to bump up the volume drastic:)

side note, something i noticed when i was doing the shots at €4 & €2 i felt way more tilted at sudden points, because of this reason my volume dropt significant. 
this will be something i have to work on, i just don't know how :p 

4€

4e.PNG.c473f1251696881d8ddb3b585c12ed63.PNG

2€

2e.PNG.d4e0ec3c02cb395947f8b2d4021a0878.PNG

1€

1e.PNG.49ca99c2b2192b2f779a65ac25733670.PNG

• Like 7

new update

652/1k sng's
average roi: 15,35%
total profit: +100,05 eu

made the same net profit the last 150 games as in the first 500 games, prob running good but also some big changes in my mid game play.
trying to steal more at 20BB stacks, in the first hunderds games i didn't steal often enough and did let me run to push/fold a bit to early.
also a big change i did at game 500 was stop watching twitch on my second screen and don't watch my phone anymore.

since i did those changes (game 500) my roi is 32,9% it's run good for sure but i am sure those changes i mentioned above are bumping my roi aswell.

100.PNG.5b03bc027f4d56aa48d6b6cc24f04bec.PNG

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

not posting frequently but did not forget this challenge :) 

just doing the grind 6 tabling at my own speed ^^

games played: 844
roi: 14,99%

001.PNG.d4420380d8c451c2e9bc147b14bd11d7.PNG

also..
the december bonusses have been almost all completed every day.. and because of this profit my account ballance right now is just over €300..
so after those 1000 games are done (155 to go..) i will skip the 2€ sng's and go to the 4€ sng's because my bankroll management said €300=move €4SNG..
in case it's not working out i will move to €2 sng's when my bankroll went down to €240.

next update at 1k games with a detail analysis of my stats instead of just a graph + roi.

• Like 6

small update, not that big difference compared to last chart so nog going to update graph image (games 880, profit €136,45, roi 15,51%) 
but today i did a test stream while comentating my hands that i was playing.

not sure yet what to do with that stream.

i have a few option,

option 1, most obvious one i think.
just go to 4eu sng's once the 1k games are done, but then i will not stream

option 2, instead of going to 4eu sng's go to 2eu sngs and stream it, that is something i would do, but not the 4eu's.

option 3, stay where i feel the safest :) and just keep on playing the 1eu's and stream it.. 

also i don't think their is a big demand for an unibet sit & go grinder on twitch but in case their would be i prop would buy a mic, decent cam, ..

btw thank you @FreedoM  for joining this stream even i didn't expect to have any viewers on this test ^^

• Like 4

thx @EL_HEFAZO haha i don't know the amount of times we have ended headsup vs eachother :) 

@successlaw  i will move to the 4€'s once the 1k is completed.. my goal is to have the 1k challenge done tomorrow, because the day after tomorrow my week holiday begins and then i would like to play the 4€'s with a fresh state of mind (so no work day before my grind session)

+ i might stream it sometimes :)

did a stream earlier today, record is on so stream can be replayed later aswell, also in case someone would like to discuss a hand please do! :) it's always helpfull to do a session/handhistory review.

https://www.twitch.tv/mprox

• Like 3

tonight or tomorrow i will complete the 1K sngs.

but can someone correct me if i am wrong with this question:

isn't it much more profitable to play hexapro sng's?
i do like the slow structure of the normal sng's this is why i didn't pay atention to hexas.
but for example in sng's you don't earn challenge point by just registering, you need to do challenges, when you do 1€ haxe you get 7 challenge points auto.
also just some basic math, if you have 15% roi in €1 sng's like me atm and play around 4 hours a day, it's like +-36 sng's i do. = €5.4 roi (15%) + low amount of challenge points= low rakeback. But if you do €1 hexas with an roi of +-6% (must be doable?) and six table aswell with +- 8min per hexa. 45/h this 4 hours a day= 180 hexas = roi of 6% = €10.8 a day + 1260 challenge points a day.

the only downside is big variance = big swings? (and a good sample size is prob +- need a sample of 10k+ or even more to have a estimation of the roi)

prob nog going to do because of the swings and luck factor but isn't this the reason why their is just really never ever ever :p a 50€ normal sng running or higher (and a few years ago before the hexa's this was?)

@Petit_pertotal I'm following this with interest, I hope you can keep it going. I don't know about your calculations, I'm sure you'd have to play many thousands to get anywhere near to evening out variance, but the general view seems to be (Jonathan Little and others) is that sng's are a good way to build a small br to a medium br but once you start playing decent size stakes they become much harder. This is because the push and fold ranges are readily available so they balance out for everybody playing them and no-one really gets an edge. This seems to be why the higher stakes ones don't play as often, the good regs are just waiting for easier pickings, maybe players stepping up in stakes or someone willing to punt a few euros, rather than playing each other with no edge. Hope you find your edge somewhere and let us know your thoughts. 👍

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

that's correct i do also think standard sng's are a good way to build a roll..

reason why is for example you can play your a game when you had a good sleep, ... 100% focus, b game for example after a day of work but still decent focus, ... but when variance kicks in and you swing constantly (hexas) your d game = tilting will appear much faster.. so for example if you play sng's most of the time your in a or b stage while in hexas d will appear quite often in my play ^^ 

for example if i lose in a bad beat like 3 times in an hour (which happens..) in sng's i feel my mood / play style gowing down..

for this reason it's easier to keep your motivation/ grind / bankroll building in those sng's, even it's not the most spectacular way ^^

• Like 2

I think you should focus on what you are playing right now and try to move up stakes at least until 10eu/25eu and then you can branch out into MTTs maybe qualify for some live ones. Honestly i'd stay away from HexaPro if you don't like extreme ups and downs and are just looking for some stable revenue. :happyshy:
  • Like 3