Keeping Track of my Micro 5-max SNG Grind

EL_HEFAZO

@yarik_gr, hahaha that is a lot to say. It's always tough when you are at the tables ;)

@Silver1, thanks for your words, very kind of you. In my opinion yarik_gr is the best at the stake, super solid player, he doesn't spew chips like me, so I have a lot of respect when playing against him.

It is really hard to think about someone who stands out really, but when I see that a community member is at the table, I know it is gonna be hard to get to the money.

Cheers, guys!

• Like 2

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

@yarik_gr @EL_HEFAZO do you regularly play with your own aliases? Don't you think regs get used to your play.:wonder:

@GR1ZZL3R that's an ambiguous question and I can talk a lot about it. Anyway, I don't want to grind just for money. I know that some guys like El can adjust their game against me (like I can do it against them), but also it's a lot of fun to play against the people you know. As I recommended Unibet to the all the my friends who I know in real life, it's always fun to battle each other. I even played some tables where I knew all the 4 opponents (in real life or just guys who I talked with about poker here). I mean, that of cause that's a "-EV," but I don't really think that it's costs me too much, because >%90 of players are newbies and don't know me or just don't care about adjusting their game. I think that if player is good, he will recognize me (or mark me like a not a bad one) after a couple of games and if he is a beginner it doesn't matter for him what alias I use to play with. 😃

So, it's better for me to play with %19 ROI and fun than with %20 ROI and boring grinding (not my actual numbers, but I think it's close). 😃  And I want to note once more that my approach is only works on that stake.

• Like 2

@EL_HEFAZOthen I have been battling the two best at the levels, you and @yarik_gr :) Been fun games and you both seem to be good dudes with a nice attitude! 

Are any of you familiar with SNGWizard? Been having thoughts to buy it. Only playing at sites where no HUD's can be used. Would need a tool to crunch some ICM-situations. If you guys have other suggestions please let me know:)

• Like 3

@successlaw, thanks for asking and sorry for not updating often enough. I have been very busy this month IRL: my sister just had a baby and I am preparing a trip to northern Chile to spend holidays with my brother's family so I have been playing on and off. I will be updating this thread before leaving home (monday 17th).

Cheers!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

looked through the idea quite fast and spontaneously I like it! Think it would be nice for the SNG guys to have a leaderboard, @EL_HEFAZO and @yarik_gr really put in the effort and volume in it. Think it also can motivate others to do so. Always nice to have leaderboards, I like it and promote the idea. 

Gonna read through the idea more in detail and comment, bit tiered atm:)

Yes, i think this will challenge a lot of SNG players. One example would be , if its Sunday and 6 hours left until leaderboard  resets and 1 player played 250 SNG in that week, in order to complete 3rd set of 100 SNGs i think that guy will be motivated to finish those another 50 tables and score again in HIGH section

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@EL_HEFAZO wrote:

@Raulescul91 wrote:

Nice dude, I am also in a transition from mtts to sngs, but can't get near the volume u put in, kinda burn out way earlier than in mtts,gotta work harder. Good spreadsheet also! GG

GL, mate!

Here you (and anyone who wants it) can get the spreadsheet, you just have to replace the data with the number of games you win, get second or lose according to the stake you play. If you have any question shout me out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1n1WYc0fceSho2mbnaulfRjboqaETeXeGjEV8I8YI2ss/edit?usp=sharing

@EL_HEFAZO 

Nice spreadsheet, but i can`t replace the numbers there :Wonder: It says that I don`t have permission to to that. Any help? :Happyshy:

• Like 2

@YlarP @FreedoM @successlaw @Petit_pertotal @SingleMom102 @yarik_gr 

Thank you guys, long time no see you. Sorry for being so late.

I stopped keeping track of my results in detail and now I mainly focus in volume and profit by the end of the month. My main goal this month is to play 5000 SNG, let's see if I can manage the task.

I have been just grinding this past year the same old SNG. I have been doing pretty well so far and now I am adding some 4 euro SNG to the mix. It's always nice to recognize you guys at the tables; I am sure you'r the toughest ones I play everyday against.

See you at the tables!

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

I’ve played you a few times on the micros my alias is mac9 .Ive started grinding the sngs start of this year on a part time basis hoping to reach the goal of reaching the €10 at end of year so far so good but been going threw a sticky patch today all my hands seem to be getting beat by garbage do you have regular patches like this (not playing bad seem to be getting it in ahead 90%of the time )and how long do they Usually last e.g have u ever had a losing week.

• Like 1

@Toadfish82, hi , mate. Yeah, SNG swings can be very frustating sometimes. This year I was breaking even after 400 SNG or so, but I started to win again, for me at least it's very common to have these kind of break-even stretches ( around 400-500 SNG) once in a while. It's difficult to keep focus after so many badbeats but one must endure those rough stretches and keep trusting in your game and abilities.

See you at the tables!

• Like 2