Keeping Track of my Micro 5-max SNG Grind

EL_HEFAZO

@yarik_gr, nice to see you here, mate, and thanks for your posts. Yeah I started to play 2 eur SNG but I need to put more volume and get behind the 1 euro ones.

@GR1ZZL3R, I do care what my opponents do. Of course playing so many tables I can only stick to my population reads and go with it. But when I see an interesting opponent (someone who is making my life hard or an easy target to attack relentlessly) I set aside the tables(s) to have a higher focus on them. Community members are tough cookies :). I am aware that at higher stakes people will exploit my game, specially on the bubble where the money is made, so probably i will lower the number of tables. In the meantime I try to sharpen up my game everyday in order to be prepared for that.

@WuDu, hey, mate nice to have you here! Even though I occasionally eat brains (animal) I dont consider my self a Zombie... yet :). I will do my best to move up in stakes, that's the idea. When I have time i will do what you suggested regarding multitabling, but for now swings need to be ridden and money needs to be made ;).

GL and thank you all!

• Like 3

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@EL_HEFAZO

What about making your blog a little more interesting writing some stuff about life in SA and Chile in particular? I'd read that...

• Like 5
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@GN1991 wrote:

@EL_HEFAZO and others, what program/software you use for sng training/study?

Hey, @GN1991, I use Holdem Resources Calculator (HRC) to study some spots (usually bubble push/call/fold spots). You can also use the free nash ICM calculator on their site too, sadly you cant edit the ranges but at least you can have a grasp on pushing and calling ranges. I used to train with pokerstrategy ICM trainer too.

GL!

• Like 1

09.11.18 - 11.11.18

• €1 SNG played: 183 (1st: 52/2nd: 32/L: 99)
  • ROI: 17,70%
  • Profit/Loss: €32,40

• €2 SNG played: 28 (1st: 5/2nd: 4/L: 19)
  • ROI: -20,84%
  • Profit/Loss: €-11,67

Month-to-date results:

Screenshot_23.thumb.png.f770ba57f869f13f9dde009e910f630a.png

Well, poor volume and results for a three days grind. Friday was an horrible and frustrating day loosing almost every 2 euro SNG and 20 euros down. However, I managed to have good results at 1 euro during the weekend, but playing 50 SNGs a day (Sat and Sun) is mediocre. I had a relaxing weekend so I think I am prepared to play at least 1k SNG this week. Hopefully, everything runs smooth.

Thanks for reading guys and gals!

Friday next update.

Cheers!

• Like 11

12.11.18 - 15.11.18

• €1 SNG played: 289 (1st: 71/2nd: 71/l: 147)
  • ROI: 16,70%
  • Profit/Loss: €48,25

• €2 SNG played: 66 (1st: 13/2nd: 19/L: 34)
  • ROI: 7,97%
  • Profit/Loss: €10,52

Month-to-date results:

Screenshot_36.thumb.png.61ed316a54317ce32ecebc9f2c993cfe.png

@Raulescul91 I haven't run particularly good or bad, but in comparison with last month (4500 SNG) my ROI is quite lower. Some good players have appeared lately at the tables so the struggle is real sometimes, maybe you are one of them :).

This weekend I will focus more on MTTs as I will be playing Davitsche league and I dont feel comfortable mixing MTTs and SNGs. Hope we bink some of them.

See you at the tables guys and gals!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

November Results:

Screenshot_82.thumb.png.a263e0ece50b7be3ad79b7c779886ec7.png

Last month volume and therefore winnings were too little. I have to convince myself that the more I play the more I will win. Last 4 days of the month were horrible I was 400 euros up but everyone here knows variance. All in all, 360 euros in SNG and 150 eur or so in other formats. I have been qualifiying for the UOS too so that took me some time from my SNG grinding, but there is no excuse: I have to organize my schedule better. 

This month I will try to play 100 SNG a day before the UOS starts, so I hope I can stick to that plan, and make it rain!

2 months and 15 days of grinding results:

Screenshot_83.thumb.png.a8bde23850e926192d65ed8cd07c2eff.png

Cheers gang! 

And thanks for reading!

PS: GL at the UOS, great value over there!

• Like 7

@successlaw wrote:

Hey,

Congrats @EL_HEFAZO.  Nice results . 

For me is kinda hard to keep 3-4 tables same time :( Any tips to reach 10 tables same time ? 

Regards

@successlaw, been there, done that. Multitabling is a skill in itself. I would recommend to add one table at a time till you get used to it. You have to feel comfortable when multitabling otherwise it will be -EV in the long run. Also, have in mind that some of your desicion at the tables should be made automatically, because if you tend to overthink spots it is a recipe for disaster. So your poker strategy should be on point.

Have a nice day!

Stoppning by and just wanna say that you are a good SNG player at your level! Landed on your table today a bunch;) (don’t wanna out my nick). One of the toughest tables was with you and Yarik_gr. Like your blog and you seem to be a nice dude as well:) Take care of you mate!

• Like 1