Interview with "just another" falling STAR!

MadAdo

Q: something to share with us?

A: have 1 hand analysis from this week's cash session which have some doubts about it! :wow:

Quite hard to find it with current hand history (unable to sort by pot size or by hand) as I have no idea which day it was played, so just give it up. It was classic full ring cash table and I got dealt Ladies :wonder:

PF action/background:

I sat on either SB or BB and until got action pot size rocket to the sky (there was some initial raise and squeeze by player which seems to be a competent ones - beside his stack, he shows some solid moves). I decide to take a shot and 4bet into him!!!

(just mention that such move is not my standard "arsenal" but I try to moving up my skills!)

He tank a while and just call. Until now we can put him in some AA- range, can we? Pot size is somewhat 50BB.

FLOP:

J-high, and precise texture not so important in this spot! I was OOP so just check. Villain bet half pot (24BB) and we raise immediately! (just again check-raise I'm using with too less frequency in my game) Pot size around 150BB.

TURN:

just some brick I have really no idea what exactly come :Veryangry: but I fire additional 75BB (all-in) into pot!

He give up quite quickly which was not expectable move for this hand and his gameline! I just collecting 150BB without needs of showdown - easy money, aren't they? :Tongue:

@psrquack @GR1ZZL3R @Esir @cameleonul @traart @UAC  @SDmonkey - calling several experts!

Just what hand he should had here???

I think that Fishhooks really not! Also can't believe he should fold Airlines. I somewhat believe in Cowboys but can he fold them in this spot? Also another Ladies is an option, but can't believe in just any of Ax combos ... what is your idea guys? Many thank you for letting me know :Smirk:

• Like 1

Q: nobody cares in your Alzheimer's hand analysis 🤣 ?

A: sure, I dig it again and found inside of a hand history (last Tuesday):

screenshot.png.2962875cb2454395cca5660d7cbb4c66.png

So couple actions done really different way, my head did not bear that all 🤫 ... never mind, question remains still the same: what Villain should hold/fold here ?!?

@psrquack  @GR1ZZL3R  @UAC  @Esir  @SDmonkey  @traart  @cameleonul 

I will understand if that was YOU, you should better kept it for yourself :laugh:

• Like 1

@psrquack  This week's Moving On Up (step into NL10 ground) analysis:

passed day 1 👍 but need to say that I did not feel comfortable at those stakes (still in nano world, bankroll also okay) and have really no idea why 😠 ???

I spare my poker bonus points:

screenshot.png.6b536b05f4c5e3eaae64de35e8eaf311.png

Play really BAD poker during this time, insta FOLD mostly every my hand and once called some aggression got board which totally missed me ... :waterfall:

Further reward/investment analysis:

- you need to see as much as 5x 25 flops to got 10NL cash ticket -> worth somewhat 4.90

Several possible outcomes in the play:

1. running as bad as loosing them all for full stack -> so 125 x 10€ = -1250€
  2. running as bad as loosing them all for half stack -> so 125 x 5€ = -625€
  3. running nearly EV for all of possible flips ->  +-0€
  4. running as good as winning them all for half stack -> so 125 x 5€ = +625€
  5. running as good as winning them all for full stack -> so 125 x 10€ = +1250€

Outcomes 1+2 and 4+5 are only fiction :Rofl: but those are to illustrate how it could theoretically looks like :Geek:

Case 3) which means that you need to be quite a solid player and running really guite good (beat variance sometimes if you want) during all those sessions!

But what really happen during scenario 3 ? You need to involve RAKE into your calculations as well. So to see single flop you need to bet at least 10c (best scenario case) and have single villain, so minimum requirements is 20c pot (from which 1c is deducted as a rake)! Through-out all week (mission) you need to pass it at least 125x which seems to be a minimal rake of 1.25. But we know it will be significantly more ... let's say 3 times more at least (still quite optimistic calculation). So let's suppose you need to involve rake of range of 2.5€-4€. Could this reward still motivate you to do try so ? + take care that if you feel not 100% comfortable at those waters + you need to play/run really good to achieve scenario 3 :Cheeky: ... let's think about it that way :Wow: :Wonder: :Scared:

(I was thinking during weekend to just skip it if it turns out I did not catch the train for first days and so I will!)

Furthermore today morning there was only SINGLE NL10 table open for a really long-long time ... so I just played most possibly with several regulars there :Dissatisfied: + because of all this I opened several (5) NL4 tables (just to keep me warm :Rofl:). And quess what ? I was totally unable to track progress of the challenge because I messed 2 different stakes and have really no clue how many flops I just see already @Stubbe-Unibet  -> can we do better for such challenges in future ? (last years we were able to track progress just using the pop-up challenge view and see 10/25 for example!)

There is an non-acceptable option to track Hand history manually -> but even there you are totally unable to filter them somehow, so just take paper and track hand by hand and do the homework by hand :Teardrop:

• Like 5

@MadAdo Most probably Ax, AK, ATs or some under pairs. But it's just a wild guess.

If you try to play small pots at 10NL you should be able to complete the challenge easily. Just don't try to get fancy or bluff cause that will only bloat the pot.

• Like 3
Better to be lucky than good.

@MadAdo Do as @Esir suggests, just try to play to your best. It's no good worrying what it's going to cost or trying fancy calculations for rake, play a session and see wether you're up 😃 or down :teardrop:  That's my strategy, set a budget you're prepared to lose and stick with it, hopefully it goes up. Good Luck. :geek:

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@MadAdo wrote:

... never mind, question remains still the same: what Villain should hold/fold here ?!?:

A: so it turns really out, that I might be a real FOOL :haha: to expect that someone here on Unibet nano stakes should FOLD either Ladies, Cowboys or even American Airlines in that spot !!!

Hand history

Today I see a guy which calling 150BB with just A-high (7 kicker) on paired board on the TURN card ... really no chance for either flush/straight -> so what was his expectation of opponents range -> A <7  ???

Saying enough our villain will most probably have hand like AK or AQ with probablity of around 95%! Today my 13 in a row (huge personal record) green cash session comes to its end really sadly :Annoyed: Played quite bad + some TILT (again!) involved + variance (lost really huge JJ < AK spot on 8-high flop + ...), so it takes part of my BR back to the eco-system :Smirk: I will be back after replenish back mental strength! See you at the tables and don' forget to play responsible :Thumbsup:

• Like 3

I think the agressive raise/fold guy had a minor challenge or so(reraise preflop and force everyone to fold) ,on the flop he had 3rd pair with A or air with rr flush combo but after investing so much preflop he wanted to win the pot, but turn didn't help him out and pressed the stop loss button and folded. Please disperse, nothing to see there.😃

• Like 2

Hey, just catching up with the thread. I think in the first hand where you are 4b that the villain has AK/AQ with a BDFD almost always, he could have some AQ. AT doesn't make too much sense as he improves on the turn, not too sure about underpairs probably some small pairs at a lower frequrncy I guess.

Also the HH seems a little odd, somebody first calls 4c, then someone else calls 2c and then hitman makes it 12c?

But yeah, peoplea raen't folding big hands at these stakes, so that should never be your goal!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Q: did you give-up ?

A: never give-up!

Moving On Up did not running good ... just one day session and lost 3 times in a row (300BB) flopped set into straight (once by runner-runner)!!! :puking:

DT.png.736566988a7fcb55b299a925950e2adf.png

So dive into NL25 swamp today, and here it is:

preFlop.thumb.png.07a96a11ce418e48a37074cd41d5423e.pngflop.thumb.png.ba30ed355199c6451516aa67f77bb635.pngflop-AI.thumb.png.6605d4bc4a87f6f6e62e4c25c8c9933d.png
screenshot.thumb.png.72856559c328be02bc2ec86794e0139f.png

Well, I could did it one day :Cash: ... just beeing upset that did not escape this table with 'already' profit ... but can you FOLD this spot ??? I play really smart on this table and made nice 100BB profit until this key spot of the day :Angry: It is been a long time since I lost such a HUGE pot in cash game either :Waterfall:

Back to the NANO world where I can play my A-game without stress again :Thumbsup: Good luck to you all :Heart:

• Like 3

Q: flooding updates today ?

A: yep, but I hit my biggest multiplier+prize-pool ever (HexaPro swamp)!

hxpro.png.de87d27d8cc938775e58ed6aa1007640.png

Managed to finish 2nd for juicy 15€ (profit is a profit :Thumbsup:)

Than, 2nd bullet looks also very promising!

screenshot.png.57ee6fda57566b35242e9ce728e0542a.png

Well, get some nano-booster from "Mission tickets" so profit is okay ... nothing to complain about :Cash:

• Like 4

@psrquack wrote:

Still hitting the NL25 tables?

A: @psrquack  as was already stated Back to NANO world

I found (again) myself fully comfortable with the lowest CASH stakes, so won't change this as far as I won't be greedy :Secret: and would like to feel comfortable while playing :Happyshy:. Even on the NL/PL10 stakes I did not found a joy :Geek: ! There is one exception: in-progress Omaha weeks. But will play it only using already accumulated Poker bonus points to have that passed. Beside that just play my game, enjoy poker and SMILE !!! :Cash: See you at the tables :Heart:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Q: Still crushing the NANO world ?

A: as already stated -> I'm not a 'real' grinder, so basically NO 😪 I did not play for a life just have some fun and keep smile (yesterday was real NO reason to SMILE as lost a lot ... played sub-optimal) but you know - today is another chance, so here we go (PLO10 Omaha Weeks reward):

screenshot.png.cb806263020de102051dc2e900a1d4e5.png

See you at the tables and remember - play responsible 👍 and a lot of smile!!! :lovekiss:

• Like 8

A: when you running pretty bad (playing BAD as well -> as did not found that there is also FOLD button) whole session and at the end, it comes to be slightly better:

ss.thumb.png.40735c1337dbb559ca4fd56bba0ad9a0.png

- this massive pot save my session today -> still glad to met such "draw donators" -> if they did not hit the river :happyshy:

• Like 3

Q: you mighty nano-grinder, any thoughts today 😏 ?

A: yep, today is the day when I managed to climb-up back from around -400BB into 'just' -18BB at the end! (I did not remember such success come-back for ages ago)

5-7x happened that I got dealt KK or AA when sitting on BB and whole table folds-up (which is really a situation you are waiting for many-many orbits ...)

So here one of a "key spot" (Villain bet 3BB, there have been 2 callers in front of me and I tank a while and made 3-bet all-in PF as a standard play on Unibet):

ss.thumb.png.6da8bae4191b7c67af136a3792f6cea6.png

And achieved my all-time highest stack (432BB) in the NANO world:

432BB.png.fd483f1602c735312177d72e02de8e1e.png

Meanwhile just waiting for new October missions and quarter re-set of challenge points ... see you 😏

• Like 6

Q: Sometimes the river helps.

A: @GR1ZZL3R  I'm playing RIVER-included version 🤫 of POKER software personally (as @Merenitsu did not like so much last days/weeks/months/years).

Q: new month, new opportunities :geek: ?

A: this is exactly the case, just testing my skills gained during previous month(s), here a taste:

1798189957_10sg.png.e3733692403099a101b0e2ec331de29c.png

"so that water can be used so as not to dissolve" ...

easy_money.png.8695b37235731245d47ba693c29b2442.png

So keep the good start of a new month, enjoy your A-game and smile on everything (should happen) at the tables !!! Play responsible & avoid mighty MadAdo playing undercover !!!

• Like 4

Q: what's up man last days?

A: nothing special, just messing around and sharp already gained skills :geek: Managed to pass October Mission part 4 (10x HXPro multiplier real though one, manage to lost convert BIG portion of bonus points for that) so part 5 here we go! @GR1ZZL3R  you good mentor, here is one for you (UK5 qualifier):

990872916_UK5decision.png.257cdc820c277786c9d83cd4884a563c.png
1608290316_dreamriver.png.943cb5296c678868fc6f6aa6e6c2e5fc.png
409170328_tickietplease.png.d2ad71c2cb9ea5000a06ab35e31c3629.png 

• Like 5

@MadAdo 

Happy to see you running good. At that stage I wouldn't mind the call preflop with what could be a good board, nice as it turned out. 😃 Happy to call the small bet on the turn as well, you could easily fold if someone had shoved, and the potential was excellent. Keep it going. 👍

• Like 3

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Q: each day new lesson learned ?

A: this is exactly what observed last couple of days :geek: ... still you can find your smile and look ahead 👍, what have been done, it's already there :haha:

578304293_wannabounty.thumb.png.67bbbb7b31c6da4a0451399b2f9db081.png
1104212073_missedbounty.thumb.png.1e965c7d7f5c160f5f654d133b194ffd.pngopportunity.thumb.png.346ee67fc400e6901948227ff49a1f93.png151196329_Imout.thumb.png.4ab97443fe0dae96f0aee8a260d5ce72.png2082650684_Missioncompleted.png.44cdce482922da024ad76fe61ebde2e7.png

EDIT: I would like to also mention, that "I'm out" was on a direct bubble of a FT (morning Shooting Star bounty PLO) !!! Maybe FOLD until ITM would be slightly better "strategy" on that quite LOOSING table ?!? ... but when you insta FOLD, where is the interest/joy of a game ? :wonder:

• Like 4

The first one is really unlucky hand, but the second is relative common. There aren't cluless enemies in PLO so if the hand ends with allin you should count withthe trips/FD on villains site. Sad to say, but I might call with trips/FD too. This is the beauty of Omaha.

• Like 1

Then sorry, I misinterpreted it wrongly. Folding a nuts on flop can be a good strategy in extreme situations and my pointof view you tried to earn as many value as it has from this hand, but as odds say this is a real coinflip, especially in Omaha.

• Like 1