Interview with "just another" falling STAR!

MadAdo

@pinki  as I stated in the very beginning: "Advent mission = !my main goal!" I was really confident with my hand in many ways:

- there is still a 4 outs for full-house (4 of 46 cards) as I did not expect someone could have Aces or Jacks (very unpredictable)

- no real hand to get me already behind (AA, JJ, 55, 66 - very, very unlikely to happen here)

- I moved all-in on turn to protect my 2 pairs (only lucky draws could call me here - which I will like to - why not ?)

- I expect that I will no 4-way lose my hand here!

- I got enough suck-outs yesterday on HexaPROBingo !

- will accept also that 1MTT (+100 bonus points got already) ... my free 1MTT will be expired tomorrow! Lost only my time (as usual)

- no payjump in that one, so will be okay for 2 folds coming as well 😃 that guy behind me was ultra-super-passive player, so no big fish to knocked him out soon

- I don't like playing those "high-roller" MTTs where buy-in bigger than my beating 'nano-stakes' 🤣

• Like 1

Well - it seems that nobody likes this Blog except of @pinki. So I have 1 active reader now! What a shame of me 😠

I'm playing todays Advent mission -> won 5x from button (so back on cash after roughly 1 week of pause) ... getting nice 2,5 BI profit for short 25mins. session (6 tables).

For all those of you who CARES about => STRATEGY used on NL4 tables:

-> play as tight as possible (or ABC poker)

-> if flopped good = get for the value!

-> it is not a shame to FOLD (earn/save money by folding)

-> bluff occasionally and whenever decide to bluff use at least 3/4 of pot size !!!

-> introduce squeezing especially for case of 'solid' table (no donks/bingo players) and somewhat playable hand!

-> be patient and chip&chair

-> leave table once gather full BI and you feel it is enough for now

-> never re-buy, better leave the table you busted-out no matter how!

• Like 8

@MadAdo keep going ... give us the ideas/thoughts  and results of the sessions. such challenges/blogs  are self-motivating especially on mircos.  that's why I also started my own - General on the plus I think 🤣

• Like 2
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@MadAdo @pinki Don't worry I am a silent fan that at sometime reads every thread on this site. :geek:

I don't always reply because I am quite busy at the moment, it seems the more spare time I have the more I have to do.

Cash game strategy at the micros and nano tourneys are bigger subjects than they first appear so replying in depth would take a long time but you both seem fine at the moment, keep it going. The new challenge for me starts in the new year and will be a three pronged attack, a new blog after Christmas, there's a lot going on at this time, tourneys, challenges, Calendars all over the place etc, and I still haven't tidied up my Dublin and Manchester posts, will do so over the weekend while watching football, and will keep my eyes on you.rotate black and white GIF

• Like 4

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

❤️ ULTRA breaking NEWS ❤️ became father 2nd time today early morning, so that is my story of the year for sure !!!

Biggest victory ever, never proud more on my family. We all so happy and glad for new member of us ... :jazzhands:

Happy weekend for every1, me the luckiest man :inlove:

• Like 12

@MadAdo wrote:

❤️ ULTRA breaking NEWS ❤️ became father 2nd time today early morning, so that is my story of the year for sure !!!

Biggest victory ever, never proud more on my family. We all so happy and glad for new member of us ... :jazzhands:

giphy

• Like 7

@MadAdo wrote:

Congratulation, @MadAdo with a new familymember!

• Like 2

@RayL  🆗

See my comment in https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/General-Poker/Missed-VIP-Double-Trouble-late-reg-ended-too-early/m-p/204161#M33439

@Santa-Unibet  With respect of my current situation - I for sure got enough this year!

So decide to leave that ticket to someone who really needs it - @Merenitsu  just an example. Thank you so.

• Like 2

@MadAdo wrote:

@psrquackI agree - you analyze game in a wise way ... but often I do not have so many time to play game in such a wise way - as was in this case as well + sometimes you should play unpredictable (choose low connectors - which I love in PLO) ! Agree that chances was not so high (even more after such UNRELATED flop) 😃 👍 :agree:

In your introduction you were talking about you starting to lose, but i assume u are seeking to be a profitable player, and getting better at the game. However just as that hand represents, you have fundamentally wrong understanding of the game. PSRQUACK described that hand perfectly, you getting involved in that hand in any form and shape was a punt. You say you love playing connectors, especially low ones. Well here is the thing: low cards suck, just as in holdem.

The only situation where we want to play 6543ss : 100bb deep on BTN (once we get to the 50bb territory, we avoid low cards completely, unless we are double suited even on the BTN) , we can open raise, or defend the big blind with. The hand is absolutely weak, but probably seems pretty and full of potential for someone that doesnt understand PLO. The reasons we dont play this hand 100bb: it doesnt have nut potential. nuttiness is key for PLO, especially deep. you flop low pairs, low straight draws, and you'll just get dominated by a better hand once the money goes in. Reason we dont play this hand shallower is because when you face a 3bet, the hand flops smooth enough due to being connected and u'll have to continue often on the flop chasing equity while you are behind.

You also said that you want to be unpredictable/deceptive (in that hand this didn't even exist, since you were all in preflop). Well that only shows that you dont understand your own range once you 3-bet, and how low boards interact with others and your own range. Let's say we flop J43 rainbow: you'd think you are deceptive as hell here flopping a very strong holding with 6543, two pairs and an openender, however these kind of boards are rare enough, and when you have a flop like this, your overpairs are so strong on these low boards that you can just pot and get the money in (unless deeper than 100bb). You don't need to add a hand like 6543ss into your 3betting range to have more coverage because your already existing 3b range is very strong there, also they often enough come with a gutter, which makes the hand even stronger, such as AAQ2, AQJ5ds, and so on. When you think about 3-betting connected hands, please use the higher double suited versions, such as 8765+ds, otherwise you just end up over3betting trashy holdings and burning money. 

TLDR: avoid low single suited connectors, never 3bet them. cheers!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After new son on the board:

https://www.unibetcommunity.com/t5/Blogs-Stories/Interview-with-quot-just-another-quot-falling-STAR/m-p/204429#M7015

there left no so much free time for "hobbies" anymore as far as I prefer family at the very first place (but who NO?) ...

So time to recap:

- family first! :Popeye:

- my personal goal somehow achieved - I built pretty healthy roll from nearly nothing again!

- Advent missions still beatable even for :Geek: like me ... after today already passed :Jazzhands: I'm on 21 which is really promising as I could still use 2 jokers left on last 4! (following 2 missions somewhat selfdone ones)

- resolved "optimal" micro stakes strategy for NL4/PLO4 cash games

- HexaPRO not suitable for all of us! My stats are really awesome poor (won 3 of 30 with 1.5x only!!!) lost at least 10x with owning more than 1000 chips by well-known "2x AIA2" ( 2 times in a row all in any 2 cards ). As much as good cards I hold, than worse for me ... but also figure-out, you can't won it by simple folding :smile: I decide to skip as many HX missions as possible to keep roll goes on.

My best wishes to you all my loving community! :Heart::Thumbsup::Cash:

• Like 2

Well after my 30+ HX "play" I stands with 1.5x AND 25x multipliers choice. I straight away think "yeah it is 1.5x not so bad today" ... but it flips! I played by using 2€ HX ticket since it will be expiring soon. All at all nice "freeroll" oportunity to won 50€ in couple minutes :cash: Consider my personal stats roughly 1 of 10 I tend to think this could be a good SHOT. And it was UNTIL I run into rockets 2 times to the same player :haha: I did not hold AKs and ATo obvious. Just interesting 50c is that I could win hands like:

T2o, 94o, 73o ... couple of such "no so premium" !!!

So I will consider folding all ≥JT hands and try to rush all of ≤ T9 hands ... just to find the "optimal HX" strategy/ranges.

Glad that won 2 HU SNG in a row to accomplish today's mission ... (one of them won from 240 chips after lost flip AT < 99)

• Like 3

Today was willing for following receipt:

- won 100€ HexaPRO ticket in today's flip tournament (chance 1 of 1.085)

- spin 1.000x multiplier (1 of 100.000)

- insta fold to finish 2nd (12.000€ instead of 8.000€)

Point is: earn 4.000€ just by pressing FOLD button

Problem is that there are too many variables involved,vso let's make some profit tomorrow 😃 :cash1:

• Like 3