Interview with "just another" falling STAR!

MadAdo

@MadAdo here you have several donks and crazy  on micro and nano : :Rofl:image.png.2ec508067d0be142cd296dcc981a475d.png

image2.png.7bb261cd3b3b974365ad0cc659d0f86e.png

1348848876_razallinfromBBandcall.png.0b49372850b106a8e3fb1dcb4c4592c0.png

everyone  allin with 50BB+ 

and another bad person ... beware him  ... probably drunk nonstop  and with  symptoms of schizophrenia @mafioso77777  :)mafioso.png.fe0507037540f3de519dcd1ef1361278.png

edit:  First three -> singularity 1 euro

• Like 2
"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."

@pinki  I'm stick with those @mafioso77777 player gambler ... I saw/meet him several times and have really nothing good word for him :Puking:

But I think that also @emeli77777 (don't know how many sevens are there) is a same bottle of alcohol. Those kind of players gamblers play with really no mark of sense, no strategy, just putting chips in. Pitty thing is that they take mine as well and as far as I get tillted, they knock me out - good job with playing any2 all day long!

• Like 1

@MadAdo wrote:

@pinki  I'm stick with those @mafioso77777 player gambler ... I saw/meet him several times and have really nothing good word for him :Puking:

But I think that also @emeli77777 (don't know how many sevens are there) is a same bottle of alcohol. Those kind of players gamblers play with really no mark of sense, no strategy, just putting chips in. Pitty thing is that they take mine as well and as far as I get tillted, they knock me out - good job with playing any2 all day long!

@MadAdo  agree. i played many games on s...rs(micros,freerolls) ... and i saw many things but on Unibet we have a huge intensity such players  I wonder what is the reason? anonymity? but Jesus Christ  are certain  boundaries ... even if they are beggingers. I also sometimes behave like a donkey at the table. and i have bad luck with them many times at FT, itm  stage, qualifiers bubble stage --  i receive from them calls with trashy in hands ... . sometimes the game is simply impossible. its great when you have at the table such players ... but not 50%or more :Scared:  For me 1-2E MTTs are below the nanos ...  @Want2Believe  may be right ..  better place  1euro  sport bet instead waste of time with them...if you won try some  qualifiers maybe on 5-10euro is quite nice climate ?:P

• Like 3

@psrquack  I was no too much winning player (concerning cash games) on Stars, but here on Unibet @Bing__  I'm was absolutely one! My cash-outs (withdrawal) are ranging 40-60 BI continuously whole year long (90% of this income are from cash games). Beside others I managed to take nearly 40from NL4 cash ticket and around 70€ from NL10. I never turn-out NL25 :sad: until today (but there have been no too much attempts = got ticket 2 or 3 times only).

Okay, I do not keep my BR to 100BI or so (because I regularly cashing-out) ... I have only 1/10th required/recommended volume.

My greatest session this year was a 29€ profit within 1 hour with just playing 6 tables of NL4 (I buy-in for 100BB only most of the time)!

I tried NL10/NL25 several times but I do not feel too comfortable there (I'm aware that BR around 50eur simply not enough for playing such stakes)!

Because I want 'once a life' feel like a true high-stakes player :geek: I stepped into NL200 for a quite short session this year as well (I perfectly understand all the risks, etc.) ... I played super ultra tight-passive there (because of respect/money scared = played with my full BR) ... but I hit perfect board by defending my 34 ... got 2 pairs. On turn I complete full-house and be a true calling-station. On river villain moved all-in and there was no escape for me (because I was already pot-commit) ... snap-call and villain shows his A-high (pair on board did not count) 👼 So I won somewhat 450€ pot. After this hand I leave the table because I'm not a gambler/bingo player 😃 and I already got what I have looked for! I cashout half the BR and returns couple days later to NL200, NL100 and NL50 ... you can imagine that even if you feel good, you should never do same things twice ... so nearly bust there (but running really bad -> flush to boat, straight to flush, set to higher set, etc.) so got again what I deserved!

But back to the main topic!

Q: $1M - "Which strategy should crush NL4 on Unibet" ?

-> I saw in other blogs/discussions here that you should play tight-aggressive and OK, this works pretty well as far as you run good (e.g. no runner-runner suck out, no loosing overpair pocket, no flushes/gut-shot straights etc. ...) I like playing pockets (no matter which ones, just try to play them all). Whenever got set on flop, try to go for value. This working pretty well until you are patient enough because there are plenty of players which are happy with their Ax and hitting Ace on flop! Even more they happy whenever have top pair with ANY kicker. I just experience (mostly previous week) that I was not soo much patient and got many times attracted by loose table to play also speculative hands (not waiting for premium or even suited-connectors) which getting me in pots with just hoping to flop well (which is not what you can stick on = not optimal strategy). Result is that how you loosing your stack you can re-buy or try to double-up ... so I just getting loosing money (I should say so) because I wanna back my money which I invest in previous hands ... no good strategy either!

My last 'cash game' hand review:

got dimes (TT): and hit flop AJT (rainbow) which I was perfectly confidend with. 2 opponents and I aware that 1 of them hold an Ace! I was little thinking about QK but no worry about it so much - still a chance for made a full-house). So I just decide to little overbet (moved all-in = 60BB which is no my standard play) into 15-20BB pot. Quick fold and second villain tanking a while and just call (so I know he really don't have QK). He turns out AK and I was quite fine with his hand until river Q is comming :Jazzhands: ... so such things happen. To be more calm I just enter whole hand into Poker odds and was quite surprised that he still have around 15% chance to win on such a flop! => yes, I know the basic math 4x Q and multiply by factor 4 (on flop) so roughly 16% chance to win !!!

OKAY, I'm looking for your advices to play NL4 and how to adapt loose/tight table - what should be an 'optimal' or at least profitable strategy ?

@pinki  I regularly meet 'crazy' bingo player on FullTilt as well. His nick was Eminem :rofl: and we met on so-called 'shallow' tables (capped to 20-40 blinds only). Situation was like this: he moved all-in (40BB) never mind what he got 😃 and when I folding my SB/BB he left the table :Rofl: and when I called him I won most of the time (I did not called with total thrash hands). I loved met such a donations 👼 but for sure I lost several times as well because of 'board' cards you did not affect so much when AIPF :Rockon:

• Like 4

@pinki  you changed your identity way too much 😃 ... I just play for FUN today ... HexaPRO advent mission sucks me too much :puking: not worthy for me and I'm perfectly aware of! Won 1 of 7 (with minimal multiplier of course) and got 10x multiplier once ... busted KK to Ax playa (std.). Lost HU 4 times today when I was no worse - really did not like that dealer!

@MadAdo wrote:

@pinki  you changed your identity way too much 😃 ... I just play for FUN today ... HexaPRO advent mission sucks me too much :puking: not worthy for me and I'm perfectly aware of! Won 1 of 7 (with minimal multiplier of course) and got 10x multiplier once ... busted KK to Ax playa (std.). Lost HU 4 times today when I was no worse - really did not like that dealer!

yes I change  often :) I am looking for this lucky alias :)  i also not so good i Hexa,  lost only 1euro and this one 2e->6e. this game is also not for me...maybe with 1.8e min cash ;) and i had lotto between x1.5 and x1000 :)

I have to reset ...last two days I can't find the balance :) 

• Like 1

I have couples thoughts  again @MadAdo.

i dont understand couple things :

1.  we have 0.2e->1mtt    starting stack/levels:  2500/3min

2. we have 1e->5euro :  2000/4min

3. we have 2e->10euro   or  5e->25e:  3000/4min  

what is the reason for these differences between 5 and 10?

in the future 5MTT had identical to 2->10.  this is insane ... I am beginning to think that Unibet specifically creates such structures for these bingo players  ... and im close to  moving you know where ...  this is simply insane ...  on Stars i havent problem with  deposit money from my pocket but here i've huge problem with that  ...  even for fun ,play some decent mtts with decent struture ... o 1-2mtt we have one "slow" mtt : singularity, even no single bounty with decent stack ..  qualifier for 5mtt  where is deep stack, blackhole or shooting with  some normal structure  are strange . i was happy when i saw 0.2e qualifiers but now   I have some doubts ...im pretty sure that players on 5euro are similar to 1-2euro.or soon will be ..  I do not know  what to think ...strange things very strange ....

no qualifier from 0.4->2uro....  why ? 

For now i dont bother .... i've plan setup some bankroll for fun in poker in january .on ... we'll see. 

• Like 1

@MadAdo you discovered online poker only 2 years later than me and are still struggling with freerolls and centrolls... There is certainly something wrong: too little time for playing poker, no studying enough, wrong attitude or bad mental game, I could not know.

Almost certainly  you'll  get the impression that I'm criticizing you and write too much about mine struggles in the past or simply brags about my "easy money" and this after you haven't asked me for advice in "4) MTT grinders" and I rarely give ones esp. about poker. But you are not a novice and I'll make an exclusion and even if you find my words not worthy someone else might benefit from them in the future 😃

I began my poker carrer in 2008 with 5-Card Draw which from the start until it became obsolete even on PS 5-6 years later was my main source of income along with some good loyalty freerolls and occasionally few MTT sessions -  no more than 10 with €2-€10 buy-ins weekly.

Now I wish to have had moved to MTTs back then after my 1st 4-digits win in 2009 :wonder: But the cash games were and are more steady income, so I even switched to NLHE for almost 2 years later( the 5-CD tables were almost empty already )and having to grind 2$-$10 NL for less then the half of my previous winings from 5-Card Draw and also to study a whole new universe of gameplay with no real progress in both and bad work ethic on top of it all, it became clear that this is only temporarily because working "real job" for even less money was out of the question.

Then being fed up with the monotonous and robotic play at the micros I finally decided to specialize in MTTs and MTSNGs. I've had great start at MPN( few months ~€1000 profit when they offered numerous tourneys before they crippled their MTT schedule with many R/As and almost no decent .micro MTTs. Then I played shortly at Ipoker with decent success, also at other smaller networks which are not so good imo.

One day while reading some 10 year old post at the 1st BG Poker Forum I remembered that I have made a registration at UnibetPoker back when they planned Unibet Open at Golden Sands and were giving some entries in freerolls...

Since then my play is exclusively here and I might tell you that the bigger sites(esp. PS) with these enourmous playe-fields are one of the things you and many aspiring MTT players should avoid especially in the start of their carrer - the variance is so bigger that you might have to wait for years to win a tournament at stars ( I did back in 2011 and the field was less than 1000 people - no second 1st place since then and I've played more than 2000 games majority of which were MTTs). My alias there is Tzarvone and you could search it in sharscope(not opted-in though).

I wrote this to mainly to give you the cons of the cash games: constantly evolving thus more tough opponents even at the micros and you have to be very prone to studying, analyzing gameplays and tendencies, working with numerous programs etc. to be one of the 5-10% which could make some profit at the end 😏

I've experienced this not so much with the draw as I play it from the late 80s (as a kid with my parents and friends) and later only had to read few articles and chapters in 2 books and I was more than ready.The rest is learned by playing and I've played few millions of hands from the  $0.10-$0.20 to $10-$20(50-100 times bigger than my usual when I ocassionaly spotted few donors  mostly during weekend nights).

My main game was PL at Merge in the first months as a newbie and I remember that I haven't lost a single all-in(for sure have been extremely lucky as well) in that network (and there were still  plenty of americans and many bad players )I quit in 2009 because they scammed me with $2000 from a promo. Then I realized abouth the bonuses and with so many OnGame sites - every month I  registered in a new one with ~$500 deposit bonus + few hundreds from play, but they made changes to the software and the draw games died immediatelly, later the network too :annoyed:

Then finally I moved to PS despite the more competent players on average. I even switched to FL as it's even more easy to play and the variance is the lowest. I played mainly $0.10-$0.20 and $0.25-$0.50, but multitabling up to 9 tables which is way more harder than non-draw games as you had to constantly click on the cards and to pay attention to how many cards the opponents have drawn. But this only made me prepared to multitable without making mistakes or feeling distracted/tired later 😃

The main reason the cash games lost their main pros is because of the decline of the poker economy in the past decade. There were no more players which simply sit at the table not knowing even some of the rules  as for the split pots or why you shouldn't regualary post BB when sitting in just to be dealt immediately and then should sit out accordingly when you quit. But more than anytning the rich guys were no longer entertained by the new modern game  or were no so rich anymore and in some cases were even unable to deposit. The bonuses were getting smaller and smaller, the rakeback became a dirty word and the rooms with their far worse loyalty programs just tried to convince the players that nothing has changed 😠 And one of the main reasons the cash games to be so popular among grinders were the bonuses and the rakeback + the loyalty program which made it possible for some players to find a deal which gives them more than 100% cashback :wow: Then you have to grind and not to lose and the "salary" is waiting. The good old times... :cash:🆒

Nowadays the situation is different and unless you have a passion for cash games (which fades away after the 1st few million hands :laugh:) and are very talented and with desire to improve constantly or just simply prefer the hard-earned cash I wouldn't advice someone to become a cash player (or a poker player in general) with little or no experience and lack of fundamental knowledge necessary even at NL 2-4-5-10 in order to be a winner. Just for comparison the same know-how 10 years ago would have been enough to crush NL100 or NL200.

So at the end the fun, excitement, the lesser ammount of knowledge and the neverending bad players dreaming for a big win make the tournaments the logical choice for almost every player, but especially for the ones which don't want to waste few more years switching formats or learning NLHE when are years behind the average good winning player at stakes which don't provide much, but require 8hrs 9-tabling the 1st 1 year in order to evaluate the real progress and eventually to begin to earn something more decent, but with even more work.

The MTTs provide the same ammount of profit but don't require so much studying( maybe 1to5) until you reach the higher stakes where the ICM and other complex, but simple compared to some cash fundamentals begin to influence the outcome and the gameplays in the tourneys and the profit would be non-existant or too small without knowing in details such concepts. While at the MTTs here you won't experience many difficulties for sure at the lower buy-in ones and even at the higher ones as Milky Way and Supernova(when you are sitted at a good table) your opponents atrocious play (maybe 40-60% of the field) will be enough for you to profit in the long run even without delving too much into theory 😃

• Like 6

@GothMoth  many thank you for your wise/smart post here, it should be interesting to other players here as well. I appreciate all you wrote but I'm not playing for MONEY-only, there is still a big portion of FUN (as far as I'm quite missing that 1M hands 😃) and there is a lot of fun when you running good (generate some profit). I have no-enough time to playing all those MTT, but when playing some, buy-in up to 1eur is enough for me (as I still like fun). The fact is that more poker is available from higher buy-ins (especially here on Unibet)!

Never mind, I want specialize on CASH (NL4 !!!) becuase it is less-time consuming, it is a lot of fun there, I do not risk much money there ... and I'm very (hundreds BI) profit in long term!

So all of you - any advices concerning my today's question ? (what the optimal NL4 strategy should be)

• Like 1

@MadAdo  I'm listening to " Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker" atm and have read "Strategies for Beating Small Stakes Poker Tournaments" which he was kind enough to give me for free. Also got for free with audible registration on amazon "Positive Poker: A Modern Psychological Approach To Mastering Your Mental Game" which I've listened maybe 1/3 and " Peak Poker Performance: how to bring your 'A' game to every session " which is on the next year list.

I'm very satisfied with the audio-book " Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker"  but consider to obtain paperback copy too, as I'm slow listener (get sleepy, distracted).If someone has this e-book I'm ready to offer some other e-books in exchange which are not outdated as the most (the two by Leatherass are great).

The other MTT one which is $17.99 but he gave me is sort of too simple and mostly oriented on the various player types and how to exploit them. Nothing new, but is written well and is easy to read.

As for the Psychology books they are written with dr.Patricia Gardner and the one I'm familiar with is great and I like it more than the "Mental Game of Poker" which was/is revolutionary but too boring an tedious with all the instructions and notes you have to write... "Positive Poker" on the other hand is very interesting and really helpful and I should finish it soon 😃

Positive Poker outlines the mental skills that you need to develop if you want raise your game. Positive Poker will help you to:

-Optimize your brain for efficient learning
-Increase motivation and stay positive
-Use psychological skills to increase your win rate
-Increase self-control and reduce tilt

And Lastly on your question (consider some on the mental game as everyone has issues, but we're more prone to read strategy which is hardly-digested and not sure if it will work in our particular games and will fit to our inherent playstyle than to follow some simple advices which will make better not only our game, but our life too 😃

@MadAdo  I'm almost sure the one about the cash games will be very good too, but maybe more suitable for NL25, NL50, NL100 . The author just teaches very well - not every good player has this gift. So I recommend the "Positive Poker" as a mental game workbook and some articles by BlackRain or even his books( I have the 1st one) as he is specialized in the micros as no one else 😃

If someone have e-book(s) on MTTs (not Harrington) PM me to make some exchanges 😃

Here is the link to BlackRain's site:

https://www.blackrain79.com/p/start-here.html

• Like 4

@GothMoth Finally I've found another blackrain fan. He was the first I started reading, first his website then "Crushing The Microstakes" and "The Microstakes Playbook", still I think the best starting point for micro players. Too many books have too many fancy plays for the micros and the only advice I want to give is "Keep it simple" and play as much as you can, there's nothing beats the actual experience. GL. 👍

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@pinki  your quiz challenge for today:

I played 5MTT qualifier for free 1MTT ticket (earned from some Freeroll week ago) to pass also today's "Advent mission = !my main goal!" ... play it around 1h15m and here is the 'last' hand -> we are on the bubble for 5MTT ticket (ITM already):

Actions so far:

PF: I called that "Damoime" all-in for about 1600 chips (blinds are 700/1400) and rest involved players called as well

F: I bet BB, got 2 calls from guys 'above'

T: what was my action ?

1855840464_Bubble5MTT-turn.thumb.png.34edf3748fd54036990a637976bd1950.png

@MadAdo but this call from A4s  ...insane .. he was after BB and he must fold in that situation... you also shoudl check and fold if anyone bets ...i think :)   edit: but in fact it was win-win :)

• Like 1