Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UAC Rank 12
Rank 12

Hey guys, 

Want to start a little blog here to keep track of my progress and keep myself accountable. I guess I will start with a little poker histroy and then put some goals for the thread.

Background

I have been in love with poker my entire adult life (even a little before adulthud actually), I love everything about the game and am still all these years later an absolute fanboy. I have played a lot, a little bit of everything but always without structure and discipline.

When I first started I was playing MTT SNGs of the turbo variety, I was  pretty good at these way back when and transitioned into MTTs which were/are awesome and horrible at the same time. I loved the rush of going deep, but my lack of BRM and hectic lifestyle proved tough. From there I switched to cash games, but instead of playong poker and trying to get better I was just mass tabling like a madman for rakeback....

I did this for a while, but ultimately it took the fun out of poker and as my life got a litle busy I kinda just stepped away. This was probably back in 2015 and since then I have had an on off relationship with poker, just playing here and there mainly husng and 5 man sng on Unibet and some other sites. Again I did okay, but found it hard to get into a routine.

While all this has been happening I have been playing live here and there, small stakes cash and tournaments, I really love poker, yes it is slow and boring in some ways, but I have met so many interesting people through poker from all walks of life and I really love that aspect.

That's about it...

What Format?

I was deliberating for the past couple of months which format I want to focus on, I thought about 5 mans, husng and cash, but in the end I have decided on the latter. The reason I think cash games are best is:

- best (imo) for overall skill

- best for busy lifestyle (pretty much 24/7 action)

- best for transitioning into higher stakes, better structured MTTs

- best for transitioing into live cash

The last two are really important to me as I would like to do both at some point.

The Plan

Due to the long layoff and not playing cash since forever I figured I should start at the bottom so I will be playing 4nl here on Unibet. I have deposited 15 buy ins for now, but have money spread around various sites, I'm hoping depending on the action here to play exclusively at unibet as I love the fact there are no HUDs and what not.

I hope to play miimum of 4 times a week for 3 hours +, so that is 48 hours a month, which isn't amazing, but I want somthing manageable for now, I will likely be 4 tabling when up to speed but will start with 2, not sure how many hands per hour you get on Unibet so would be cool if someone could help out with that.

Tracking

I hope to update this thread 1x per week and hopefully share some interesting hands and stuff like that if I can figure out the screenshots and what not. Also I wanted to ask you guys about how you are recording your results with no PT4 or anything like that, if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome. 

I think that's it, let's see how we get on. About to start my first sesiion now Smile

76 REPLIES
CreativeLe Rank 10
Rank 10
Good luck i will follow your blog Smile
0 Likes
YlarP Rank 14
Rank 14

giphy.gif

Definitely follow your progress SmileThumbs Up

GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

Hi @UAC and welcome to all the new blogs.

I'm mainly a cash player as over the years I've always found it easier to jump in and out when I like, starting and finishing when i like, or lose and start tilting. I've never really tracked my results, withdrawn when I want and deposit when needed, but this year taking a lot more serious approach to see wether I truly am a winning player, (or not)

With not having a hand counter or much of a replayer actually counting hands is a bit of a problem. I tend to play 2-3 tables at a time and after an hour sit out and into the profile page and total the hands played up till that time. Someone suggested multiplying flops seen by 5 but I tend to be a bit tight so that doesn't really do for me. 

Most of the blogs seem to be sngs or mtts which I follow , my current challenge is under "New Year New Challenge" (have a guess if you like,)  and @Esir is attempting "One Million (hands) in One Year", a few more than I'll manage,Rofl

Good to see another addition to join in the fun, gl. Thumbs Up

It Is What It Is
anyone Rank 14
Rank 14

@UAC

I mostly play cash game due to the flexibility to choose when to play and for how long. The player pool at the lower stakes are also pretty big so there are games almost all the time. Day time seems to be more reg intensive.

If you play 4 tables this will make up for approximately 100 hands in one hour. I would say that these numbers are pretty close at least to where it will land. So say 20-25 hand in a hour per table dependent on card distribution and the ranges you play.

I don’t track the hands in PT or other software at the moment.

Wish you all the best of luck at the tablesSmile

GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

Wow @anyone I thought i was on some slow tables but I'm averaging about80-90 hands per hour per table. Happy 

It Is What It Is
0 Likes
anyone Rank 14
Rank 14

@GR1ZZL3R wrote:

Wow @anyone I thought i was on some slow tables but I'm averaging about80-90 hands per hour per table. Happy 

Wow @GR1ZZL3R! Do you play 80-90 hands on  a single table with 6 players on it?

0 Likes
anyone Rank 14
Rank 14

@GR1ZZL3R or do you mean that you are delt 80-90 hands?

0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R Rank 22
Rank 22

@anyone I seem to be getting on tight tables at the moment where most hands are being folded to a raise or 3-bet, so obviously not taking a lot of time, and when I say playing I actually mean dealt 80-90.Rofl If I only counted hands actually played it would be quite low in my case, as I've tightened up a lot for this challenge. I'll give some details after 4 days in my blog. Thumbs Up

Don't want to hi-jack this one.Rofl

It Is What It Is
UAC Rank 12
Rank 12

Yeah we were talking hands dealt, no way it is 24 per table, that is like live poker Very Happy

Anyway what a first 2 hours! Not sure what I have been doing messing around on stars and the like...

Started terribly and was down 2 buy ins in 10 mins QQ losing all in to two people with 88 lol and then KK<AK

Ground some back up then one of my tables went insane, people just openshoving anything...

aa1.PNGaa2.PNG

Was pretty fun to say the least, ended up 26 euro in like 2 hours, so definitely a nice first session, will play another hour or so shortly. GL at the tables fellas!