Hitting the streets

UAC

Up and down day on the streets today, up 5 buy ins and 10nl, so decided to jump into the 25nl streets tonight for a couple of hours, wasn't meant to be, gave back just a shade under 2 buy ins to end on a break even day.

Had a pretty frustrating time of it tbh, almost instantly blew a stack in a strange pot where I ended up jamming the river into quads :D Not sure why I got so excited, managed to swing back and was up a decent amount before being coolered everywhere or having terrible run outs where I had to give up...

I noticed some players were tougher to play against at 25nl as opposed to 4nl and 10nl for sure, but not so tough that I won't be back, need to build a little more again at 10nl first though.

• Like 4

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it has been a week for the challenge now, I have gotten results from Unibet today. I knew I was running hot, but maybe I have made a mistake with the bb/100? Would love if someone could help me out and work it out for me?

bb.PNG.3ffba580b7952e1689eb1d074f2c97af.PNG

@GR1ZZL3R maybe, I know you did this for your blog

• Like 2

Hi @UAC

Divide profit 59.93 by 47.43, that is your number of hands in sets of 100.  59.93/47.43 = 1,26.   1.26e divided by 4c = 31 bb/100 at 2-4.

176.14/ 69.75 = 2.94   2.94/10 = 29 bb/100 at 5-10.

Excellent win rates, keep it going.🤣

I think you're running very well. 👍

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@UAC I'm actually up to about 15 bb/100 at the moment which I thought was pretty OK for 5-10 but yours is running hot. Shame about the 25's but keep at it and it will stick sometime. I used to be very conservative about br management but I'm coming round to what seems to be the majority view here, taking shots could be worth it. 😃

• Like 1

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Yeah, shot taking is the way forward imo, you can easily drop back down and grind up again and if it goes well you can establish yourself at the next limit, which is 100% worth it imo

Your win rate is impressive too mate and much more realistic than mine ha

I honestly haven't taken too much notice of the names, I notice them when they come to the table but struggling to think of their alias now, I will try make more notice this week and pick some people out. Def some players have gave me a little trouble tho

• Like 2

@UAC wrote:

So it has been a week for the challenge now, I have gotten results from Unibet today. I knew I was running hot, but maybe I have made a mistake with the bb/100? Would love if someone could help me out and work it out for me?

bb.PNG.26b705651cd3969c485854b699ac6826.PNG

@GR1ZZL3R maybe, I know you did this for your blog

@UAC  by 'Hands played' you mean reach FLOP or hands 'dealt' ? As there is quite a big difference ... never mind you answer, very solid numbers so far, just keep running :Thumbsup:

@UAC there are some competent guys at NL10 which I give respect. And always interesting to hear from others at the level what they think:)

Good runs comes and goes, just keep playing and see where it goes and adjust according to your BRM:) Fun following the blog!

@Silver1 thanks man, appreciate it.

Yeah initially I thought 10nl was pretty much the same as 4nl, but the more I play the more familar faces I see and some def give me trouble. Oh and PM me your alias haha

One I have noticed over the past few days is BluffTheSpot, lierally only seen him last 2 days. I haven't played many pots with them (apart from when they flopped a set and I had KK :p ), but I guess they're affiliated with the coaching site and seem solid.

• Like 2

Hey guys, just a quick update here. The format of the blog is gonna change a little going forward, it may make it a little less fun to follow, but hopefully it can still be interesting.

I have noticed a trend on the boards here that it just seems to be a place to bemoan bad luck, now I have no real problem in anyone doing whatever they wish in their own blogs, but I do not want to get into that, so I will try my best to not just post coolers/bad beats etc here, this is something I have said previously and just want to reiterate again here.

As an extension I will also not be posting results other than an end of the month recap. I think I have become way too attached to short terms results, to the point that I am sweating my balance almost constantly during sessions and not wanting to end a session down or not continuing to play because I am up a chunk. This is just plain bad... I should be paying when I feel good and the games are good regardless of the results.

So yeah, updates may be less frequent going forward, I will try post a little about the population when I have some thoughts, some interesting hands when I come across them and only share results on a monthly basis.

• Like 3

It hopefully will still be an interesting blog @UAC but you're absolutely right about the moaning and bad beating going on. I've been posting daily results as part of my challenge and post hands good and bad if I think they are interesting, and have been guilty of only watching my balance in the very short term, stopping when I know I should continue just to protect the plus column, not something I normally do, but we've now got pretty low when someone moans about losing with K/10 to AK and losing a Hexapro with 33 ( Deposit-No Sir ). As far as I can remember this is a world record for a complaint on short term variance but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to be lowered. 🤣

You're right on the short term aspects, some players just expect winnings to roll up and fatten their br from day 1, but as we should know this is a long term game, it can be really long before it evens out, possibly 100,000 hands or more. There seems to be a shortage of people looking long term, with a few notable exceptions, I dare suggest @Esir will know long before others wether he is a winning player or not, and of course there are a few sng and mtt players that we know are in it for the long haul and understand what to expect.

Try switching off your balance display for a week, you may be pleasantly surprised when you check it, and keep grinding and posting, long term is the only way to go. 👍

• Like 4

@GR1ZZL3R thanks man. Yeah the threads are going a little crazy lately lol and I def don't wanna be a part of that, but most importantly I just wanna play my A game without checking results. Turning balance off until end of January if I can, plan to play everyday, so hopefully I can still buy in by then end of the month lol

• Like 1

Put in some good volume today, never looked at results, but I felt things went okay, probably a small winnner, took some time, but definitely liked not sweating the balance every two mins.

I played quite a few short handed tables this evening. Some headus up, 3 max and 4 max. In the past I would have often sat out or left until the tables filled up, but I made an effort today to keep playing as I feel getting better at short handed play is a must for moving up, especially if I plan (which I do) to stay on a low volume site like Unibet as the pool is often small and will mean lots of short handed play.

Got myself in some tricky spots opening up my ranges much more, but I see this all as a good learning experience.

• Like 1

@UAC wrote:

@Silver1 thanks man, appreciate it.

Yeah initially I thought 10nl was pretty much the same as 4nl, but the more I play the more familar faces I see and some def give me trouble. Oh and PM me your alias haha

One I have noticed over the past few days is BluffTheSpot, lierally only seen him last 2 days. I haven't played many pots with them (apart from when they flopped a set and I had KK :p ), but I guess they're affiliated with the coaching site and seem solid.

BluffTheSpot is definitely a competent player at NL10.

Will PM you:)

• Like 1

Just looking for some general advice from those more experienced with Unibet regarding rakeback/challenegs etc

The points expire each quarter right? IS that both the challenge points and bonus points? 

What is the go to strat for using them? Just want to make sure I get the most out of them and also anyway to roughly work out as a % how much rb it offers.