Hitting the streets

UAC

I think maybe I've oversold the hand here  

But yeah @pinki I was surprised he called, but I guess that's because the more I think about it the more I fold everything against this line. 

In retrospect I should probably just careyom checking the river here, as then he should bet his AJ and maybe even Ax hands?  Not sure the best line but I guess this spot is pretty rare so it's not too important.

He had AA btw, so yeah pretty unfortunate for him but at the micros I fold AA in his spot for 2x pot river shove. But I find people love to look up the overbets with mediocre hands 

• Like 1

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@UAC Don't you find at the micros that many players overvalue big pairs and AK, taking them all the way even when it's fairly obvious to an onlooker that they're beaten?

753386651_Screenshot(1431).thumb.png.83b24891eaa4c7a42f65267a1d953258.png 

1549754937_Screenshot(1464).thumb.png.507be0de05427d9e4a999cdcca915b73.png 

1246736646_Screenshot(1465).thumb.png.c10f709c7f91a7e8243227e3bed49969.png

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

@GR1ZZL3R yeah I guess I'm going back and forth on this one, my original description of the hand I said I lead because villain will likely call because of the reason you're talking about.

Then this morning I kinda changed my mind as sometimes I put myself im their shoes, but in reality they're not playing like I am.

That is another big problem with the micros @UAC you just cannot expect standard decisions and standard plays, they seem to be the minority. Whenever you think to yourself "Well I'm calling that because there's no way they have xx and played it like that" well, need I say more? :laugh:

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Would estimate following as a potential calling range pre flop against your 3bet QQ-99, ATs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, AJ+.

KK-AA should be 4-Bet pre, these combos are less in his calling range. And you holding a K is reducing the combos of KK to be less likely (3). And when a K hits the flop there is only 1 combo left.

You holding a K reduces the potential AK combos (preflop 12 and postflop 8) and if he is competent he might 3Bet some of them pre.AK is less likely weighted.

Kind of like the check on the flop with the argument of that you can’t get three streets of value, can also see betting as a +EV play.

First guess: JJ

Second guess: AJ

Third guess: ATs (hearts) or JTs (hearts)

Haha that's very true! I think the most important thing I learned when first playing cash was overfolding on later streets when facing aggression. The amount of pots I lost when calling river raises with 2 pair or better was absurd.

But idk Unibet seems like it might be a little different as I'm seeing some crazy showdowns here! Having said that I still think overall overfolding is best on later streets without a super strong hand

• Like 1

@Silver1 wrote:

Would estimate following as a potential calling range pre flop against your 3bet QQ-99, ATs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, AJ+.

KK-AA should be 4-Bet pre, these combos are less in his calling range. And you holding a K is reducing the combos of KK to be less likely (3). And when a K hits the flop there is only 1 combo left.

You holding a K reduces the potential AK combos (preflop 12 and postflop 8) and if he is competent he might 3Bet some of them pre.AK is less likely weighted.

Kind of like the check on the flop with the argument of that you can’t get three streets of value, can also see betting as a +EV play.

First guess: JJ

Second guess: AJ

Third guess: ATs (hearts) or JTs (hearts)

I was out hiking guys, thought that he like never should wake up with AA and KK here if he was a reg.

Dont think you over sold the hand. It only shows potential lines and outcomes that take place in the micros. Seen this line taken as well and most of the times opponents can’t let go of their overpairs. You took him on a trip to valuetown.

@UAC It took me such a long time to realise that top pair, even with top kicker, is not a great hand when facing chunky bets on the river, but I see it from others time after time. 🤣

• Like 1

@UAC As others have said there is nothing standard at the micros or against recs at any level.  On my last stream I had a hand where I open with Ax villain flats, flop A75, I Cbet he flats, turn Q, I barrel he check raises, I flat, river 5 and he bets pot.

I remember talking out loud about how I'm expecting him to show up with mostly Q7 and Q5 on the turn and when he pots that river I take Q7 out of his range generally, putting him more on Q5 but end up levelling myself into calling because he could have some 86 in his range here.

I end up calling and he has.... J9.... I just laugh and say "well he's made me look stupid" 🤣

• Like 1

I saw that one @Brocky and had a laugh with you, it's very rare I'm ever surprised these days with what is showndown but there are the occasional nuggets still left to be found.:wonder:

• Like 1

First week almost in the books, managed to move from 4nl to 10nl after starting on a nice heater which is obviosuly great. The players at 10nl are somewhat similar to 4 imo, but there is definitely less people just openshoving their stack and stuff like that at 10nl, so that's a shame, but nevermind.

I have definitely noticed a few better players, but the pool is still big enough that you don't see these for the most part and they're easy enough to spot after an oribit or so and then can adjust accordingly.

At the start of the challenge I deposited £50 onto Unibet and the roll is currently at £194.32, so definitely a good week. I only managed 18 hours of play so far though, so I would like that to increase going forward, however this is the 7th day and I plan on getting 4 hours + in at some point today.

After reading @GR1ZZL3R update I may well request my results once per week from support, but tbh I don't want to be too concerned with short term results, so idk yet, but at the minimum will do this monthly

Played 3 hours this morning and up just shy of 4 buy ins, which is great considering the pool was pretty small today and there were a few competent players. Roll is now at an all time hire of £231.88

Have a couple of hands that I thought I would share, some just to show that at this level keeping it simple is key and others that I would like some opinions on.

Don't get fancy...

I had been 3bettig quite a bit and just winning most pots pre, so I decided to throw in a just call with KK after an UTG open, in reality this is bad for a number of reasons. Firstly our just call hands should always be AA as it is the least vulnerable hand. Second, opener is UTG so will likely have a tighter range and will continue with the majority of it. Finally I have been 3betting a lot, so I should always be 3betting here in case they decided to make a stand against me with a weaker holding then they usually would.

Anyway I call, 2 others do behind and we go 4 way to the flop... UTG leads I call and then all hell breaks loose 🤣

noraise....PNG.cfea52c3b8327bfd08790076b259e1dd.PNG

So I obviously fold. My flat was definitely terrible, but what on earth is the small blind playing at here!?

norasie1.PNG.8567283a722d70201df5ea9819a7a808.PNG

If we would have raised pre, we would likely have lost to AA and won a decent side pot from the original opener, but yeah, just fast play your strong hands guys, see below for conformation...

BET BET BET

As I said it really is as simple as bet bet bet, you will get calle ddown by crazy stuff!

betbetbet.PNG.ecbf94c593df1e6641623bba7cad3632.PNG

Proceed With Caution When Facing Aggression

In general at these stakes I think when facing aggression on later streets we need a very strong (2pair +?) hand to continue, I couldn't find the fold for this one in game, but I think it is a fairly easy fold as played on the river. Would be interested in others thoughts here?

hh.PNG.493c55eb48e7a3134286c16678763ebb.PNG

I open KK bvb and the BB defneds, I bet 2/3 on the flop and BB calls. I went for a x/r on the turn here as I wanted to build the pot so that I could get stacks in on by the river as my opponent will likely not fold top pair, there are also cards that can kill my action etc. BB bets pretty small on the turn and I raise 3x as planned he calls pretty quickly.

The river is pretty safe and I decide that betting is better than checkig as after a turn raise he doesn't have any bluffs now over than missed FD which I think is less liekly than him having a hand he can call with now. Problem is I didn't really think about what I would do vs a raise, so I ended up calling in game as the price was pretty good.

But, I think after he calls a turn raise and jams over my river bet my overpair is never good here.

Manage to Find the Fold This Time

But was I right?

This was a pretty interesting hand imo.

UTG opens for 2.5x, CO calls, BTN calls and I defend my BB with A6cc.

Flop comes A6Q giving me 2 pair and the nut bdfd. I decided 4 handed I wanted to x/r here, unfortunately the flop checks through and a pretty terrible turn card comes in the shape of the Ks which completes the flop flush draw.

UTG leads the turn, 2 folds and I decided to just call now as I think he can have sets and better 2 pairs a lot now as well as an occasional flush. River is the 7d and I check. The UTG opener (who is playing 4 tables with me fwiw) now best for 1.5x pot. My plan was to call most bets on the river, but idk I always associate larger bets with strength at this level, so I ended up folding.

hh2.PNG.5194a2a6761e53cbb83445ba8624adc5.PNG

I was happy about it in game, but now I am not so sure. I think he will cbet AK/AQ on this board with close to 100% frequency, after the flop checks through I also think he will value bet worse 2 pairs like KQ. So now I am not so sure, would appreciate any feedback?

One For The Lolz...

Last one just for fun. sb opens to 2.5x and I 3b to 9bb he immediately rips it all in. the one positive from this is that I actually laughed out loud to this run out, so no tilt. Having said that his username definitely checks out 🤣

fml.PNG.91566951320999141e190b5d123e42ea.PNG

Just to elaborate on the last point, tilt from beats and stuff is not an issue for me, my mindset is good in that regard, but tilt from playing bad is a real struggle and can often make me play much worse, which is why i am looking closely at my river calls and stuff like that as they're obviously important in terms of winrate, but for me personally they're of huge importance due to the tilt that can occur if I feel like I butcher a hand.

GL at the tables people

• Like 5

I reported on the day session earlier, but just played another couple of hours this evening, ended up the best day since the challenge started.

Today.PNG.c8b34f7138cabcee15e62786716411ca.PNG

10 buy ins up on the day is a great feeling. Nothing really to report from tonights session, everything just went perfectly, hit like 3x sets and got action twice, also rivered a set with QQ agaisnt a set of deuces (all in on the flop) and all my combo draws seemed to get there. Poker is so easy when you run hot.

Still looking for some feedback on the hands from earlier @GR1ZZL3R @Esir

Bankroll is now £293.87

• Like 1

Some interesting hands there @UAC, the 1st one illustrating sb trying to slow play AA, not a good idea especially multi-way. It always seems to me that the serious money on the river means they're not messing about and if you've not seen them bluffing it with poor hands it's generally better to let pairs go, a point I've had hammered home to me time after time over the years. Some just don't want to commit until late, and especially if you're not showing aggression they will tend to have a stab, generally a small bet on the river is asking the question, a large bet is giving you the answer. :geek:

• Like 1

I think that KK vs Q6 board is horrible for you. It's good for your chances of winning the hand that the flush draw didn't get there but in terms of looking for the value you're trying to get with the turn check/raise and big river bet, what are you hoping to get called by? T9 gets there, as does QJ, 76 and 54ss. You're basically hoping to be called by QT which is really, really thin.
  • Like 1

@UAC Agree with Diane on the KK hand not many worse hands call you there and I don't think V folds if he thinks he has enough equity (like he did with the FD).

And on the A6 hand I think the fold is fine, people don't overbet bluff enough at these stakes.

Better to be lucky than good.

@Esir @Brocky @GR1ZZL3R Thanks for the inpur guys, the KK hand was the one I was most interested in. I agree completely with you guys. One of the problems I have in games is forgetting, maybe not forgetting because it was seconds ago, but not taking into account preflop occasionally, I don't have any idea this happens until afterwards which is worrying.

I remember thinking to myself in game he can still call AQ, KQ(although we block), Q9, random flush draws etc, but majority of that is out of his range completely given pre flop action and yes the turn is one of the worst, so probably just bet folding is best on turn as he doesn't raise worse. He has a lot of 2 pair hands, some sets and a lot of hands with a lot of equity against me. 

Poorly played tbh, but we can learn from it I suppose :).

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it

@MadAdo wrote:

@psrquack wrote:

I just realized how awesome is your blog's name.👍

@psrquack  Can you explain it, please ? I don't get it :geek:

For me a title says a person, who likes  Hitting The Streets, means he loves being there where the gang is, so he likes to play MTT, but also like to meet new people, so he will try other forms of poker (SNG, cash, Hexapro), and his playing style also could be described with hitting the streets term, because he loves to call and make action on every betting round ( hint:In flop games, it is the fourth community card dealt (also known as "the turn") and represents the third round of betting.) . Long story short he will play every type of poker what Unibet will offer, he will be always in the middle of action and you will count of is appearance of every daytime.

• Like 2

Ha, nice response, probably better than I could have put it. Bur yeah, it is more referring to the latter, I enjoy playing pots deep, where there is a lot of manoeuvrability on later streets etc. I think this is generally the most interesting part of the hand.

• Like 1

@MadAdo UAC is actually an acronym from my sports betting days Up A C***

Unfortunately most of my accounts are now restricted :(, so poker it is.

Played another couple of hours this morning, the pool again was somewhat small and reggy and after a very spazzy start (3 buy ins down immediately) I recovered and ended up 2.5 buy ins.

The roll is now at an all time high of £320 ish

So getting closer to the £375 required for the first shot at 25nl

• Like 1