Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UAC Rank 12
Rank 12

Pretty crazy today, I played for 3 hours during the day and 2 hours this evening, the latter was a little frustrating, all of my tables seemed kinda meh and passive and I was down a little after getting dragged into that passive style, also just one of those sessions where you don't really run bad in terms of pots won or lost, but situationally...

Anyway, I can't complain, the day time sessions were great, I talked a little about the first one earlier and then I fired up the tables this afternoon and was greeted by Toto the whale who was directly on my right Haha

4nl.PNG

What a stack for 4nl!! There was also another guy to my left with a €27 stack, so god only knows what was happening on that table before I arrived. I quickly got a double (surprisingly not from one of those two) and the quickly had a all in pre flop confrontation with Toto, unfortunately my AK could not get there against his 9To Smile

Despite all of that I had another great day ending with a total profit of €18.65, so a little over 4 buy ins.

Profit since challenge started is €69. That brings the bankroll up to €124.60, which is pretty close to the €150 required for my first 10nl shot. Hopefully the run good can continue and I can get up to 10nl and stay there.

Bing__ Rank 17
Rank 17

GL with the challenge mate, glad to see its started well  Popeye

Follow my poker blog as I build a €1K roll from scratch!

Bing's Bankroll Builder

0 Likes
UAC Rank 12
Rank 12

A bit of a wild ride today!! 

@Brocky's thread made me miss playig husng so instead of cash I decided to fire up a quick session, I ran poorly immediately in the 4s and got a little tilted... Before I knew it I had blew a third of the roll and was down to 72 euros... 

So naturally I regged a 25 Hexapro Wonder

saved the day.PNG

Somehow I hit a decent prizepool and managed to ship it, I did notice my opponents were playing kinda scared and passive, which surprised me as it is hardly a huge multiplier, but I was happy enough and shipping the Hexapro had me to 172.78, which was enough to move up to 10nl.

However this whole thing really annoyed me, I was tilted super quickly and really I lost a couple of flips or 60/40s nothing significant. That is super dissapointing and makes me aware that I have a long way to go if I want to be sucessful with poker. Mental game, steong discipline and a good work ethic are way more important than skill in poker imo, at least up to midstakes and I proved to myself I am lacking in two thirds of those. 

Hopefully it is lesson learned, but I for sure will need to keep on eye on myself going forward.

Anyway, know use dwelling on it, I jumped straight into 10nl, I have a 7 buy in cushion before I need to drop back down to 4nl, so I decided to play 3 tables rather than 4, so that I could top up without worrying.

The play was a little different ot 4nl but not massively, people were a little less crazy, but still making huge mistakes pre and postflop, so I think as long as I can run good early I should be able to hold my own know problem. I played a short session and ended up wining just shy of 4 buy ins, which leaves the final roll at 209.98

there wasn't too many super interesting hands, just lots of restealing from the blinds and some button 3bets with nice value hands, which were usually called and then my opponents gave up on the flop, so I chipped up nicely without showdown.

I played one somehwat interesting hand.

guess.png

As I said I had been 3betting a lot. In this hand cut off opened to 3x and I made it 10bb from the small blind, the big blind tanked for a while before calling, cut off folded so we were off to the flop.

The big blind was playing on all three of my tables and I feel like he was playing ok, somewhat positionally aware and has obviosuly seen me 3b a decent amount. When he called I figured he is somewhat stronger than the average player who just flats any nice looking hand in this spot. somethig like AJs+ AQo+ KQs 99-AA.

Flop of KJ2 is obviosuly pretty good for our hand, but in a 3b pot I am not gonna go crazy here, there is no way I can get 3 streets from worse and there is a good chance he only continues with hands that beat us. Possibly only QQ calls that we beat here imo? and obviosly we block that

Anyway based on that I went for a check call, the V in hand bet around 2/3 pot after a short tank. Turn pairs the K and I am now feeling very positive anout my hand, we are only really losing to JJ now. I still think that check call is best pretty much for all the reasons I stated earlier. I would be betting here gainst the typical player but I believe this guy is somewhat decent and will bet for me, he bets again, can't remember sizing exactly but eff stack  on the river was about 2x.

The river pretty much gives us the nuts and I thought for a little bit before deciding to lead, i think our opponent now slows down with anything we beat. Anything he would bet here he probably calls with anyway, so don't lose any value by betting. I ended up deciding to overbet shove the river as I think he still calls with JJ and I want to get max value plus I think my line is kinda weird and I could if he says me as a typical player be playing something like AQ/AT hands like this and maybe other random SCs that picked up equity on the turn (he has seen me 3b 57s and 9Ts previously).

What do you guys think? Maybe I am giving a 10nl player too much credited or over thinking all this? My opponent ended up calling.

Figured it would be fun if you can guess his hand or maybe suggest what you would call with given this line Smile

Brocky Rank 17
Rank 17
Highlighted
pinki Rank 22
Rank 22

@UAC  i thik it was Ax  but not AJ AQ A10 or even A2s/o... because you are surprised Happy he counted on A high or maybe it was 33,44,55

"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises."
UAC Rank 12
Rank 12

I think maybe I've oversold the hand here 🤣 

But yeah @pinki I was surprised he called, but I guess that's because the more I think about it the more I fold everything against this line. 

In retrospect I should probably just careyom checking the river here, as then he should bet his AJ and maybe even Ax hands?  Not sure the best line but I guess this spot is pretty rare so it's not too important.

He had AA btw, so yeah pretty unfortunate for him but at the micros I fold AA in his spot for 2x pot river shove. But I find people love to look up the overbets with mediocre hands 

GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

@UAC Don't you find at the micros that many players overvalue big pairs and AK, taking them all the way even when it's fairly obvious to an onlooker that they're beaten?

Screenshot (1431).png 

Screenshot (1464).png 

Screenshot (1465).png

It Is What It Is
0 Likes
UAC Rank 12
Rank 12

@GR1ZZL3R yeah I guess I'm going back and forth on this one, my original description of the hand I said I lead because villain will likely call because of the reason you're talking about.

Then this morning I kinda changed my mind as sometimes I put myself im their shoes, but in reality they're not playing like I am.

0 Likes
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

That is another big problem with the micros @UAC you just cannot expect standard decisions and standard plays, they seem to be the minority. Whenever you think to yourself "Well I'm calling that because there's no way they have xx and played it like that" well, need I say more? Laugh

It Is What It Is
0 Likes
Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

Would estimate following as a potential calling range pre flop against your 3bet QQ-99, ATs+, QJs, JTs, T9s, AJ+.

KK-AA should be 4-Bet pre, these combos are less in his calling range. And you holding a K is reducing the combos of KK to be less likely (3). And when a K hits the flop there is only 1 combo left.

You holding a K reduces the potential AK combos (preflop 12 and postflop Cool and if he is competent he might 3Bet some of them pre.AK is less likely weighted.

Kind of like the check on the flop with the argument of that you can’t get three streets of value, can also see betting as a +EV play.

First guess: JJ

Second guess: AJ

Third guess: ATs (hearts) or JTs (hearts)

0 Likes