GR1ZZL3R'S Diary Of A Fun Punter

GR1ZZL3R

@P0kerM0nk I agree with @HonorTheGame  so normally don't play Hexas, only for challenges or the current Christmas promo etc, and that was a massive bonus. 🤣

Meanwhile..............

1368063094_Screenshot(650).thumb.png.1c8846f9b0d7cc286e84adf331213fe6.png

.................................small stack shoved the flop.

1666061948_Screenshot(651).thumb.png.35eaee030d1ad685f2dc29b88d3afdd0.png

Shame no-one else was in. 🤣

• Like 6

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Today's challenge: get into a 10 x Hexa. I don't really like these challenges as you're completely at the mercy of the rng. Funnily enough the one from the other day, be dealt 4 cards of the same suit at PLO was completed in exactly one hand 🤣 but this one was a bit more frustrating. Five games gone and happily won 2 x 1.5 and 1 x 3 but then a horrible run. It kept coming up 1.5 or 10 but giving 1.5, very frustrating, and as usual the variance was not with me. :teardrop: I had been playing one at a time but then fired 4 up together, immediately a 10 and a 5 appeared so I binned the other two and in the end made a small profit. 

1046477079_Screenshot(662).thumb.png.71c31e01e963cf694afa563329e46f70.png

1094814409_Screenshot(661).thumb.png.3ce177557b068d36dbc7df0a04d4208a.png

Not my favourite format and I much prefer challenges where the onus is on the player rather than something random. 👍

Good luck all still going. 😃

• Like 6

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Not so easy to get this 10x multiplier. Congrats for getting it finally and winning too! You were lucky with that PLO one. I played about 3 hours with 2 tables open and i had to give up with no luck at all to one colour hand.

• Like 2

That's the frustrating thing @Pesek when you have no choice in the challenge, I've struggled myself in those types and it seems a touch unfair, sometimes having to play much longer than you would do if trying to complete challenges. That's responsible gambling for you. :waterfall:

• Like 3

It's funny @Pesek but lately I watch the small stacks getting crushed by the big stacks when they finall get a good hand. One this morning ran JJ into KK and QQ into KK, then flopped a straight and the big stack rivered a flush. My thoughts are don't play with a small stack, it really hurts. :teardrop:

The ladies are playing well tonight.

1120007660_Screenshot(744).thumb.png.7eb5504bc4dde1ec10c222f26b9d0497.png

My turn.

449741547_Screenshot(741).thumb.png.033689e386d270bfcb5412b4784d7147.png

2016617842_Screenshot(742).thumb.png.858aa3c2af1a8b1291b6159ffbf524db.png

1138778895_Screenshot(743).thumb.png.086efa5ac6ff295349244723adb59032.png

Later still.

1857770072_Screenshot(745).thumb.png.29ec80d8cd687c7d957f632a9015f262.png

You always get some ladies that won't behave. :Rofl:

1504151875_Screenshot(746).thumb.png.c873cd0c95567bd873e1caec2fe0db9c.png

However, everything finished just fine. :Thumbsup:

977355134_Screenshot(747).thumb.png.c870eff70b1afbec178254e99a2e2b23.png

• Like 5

Hexanonos played and 2 won:         Check.

Cash played and won:                        Check.

Horseracing bets made:                    Check.

PL bet made (freebie):                       Check

Rouette session with profit:              Check.

Supplies at the ready:

363634230_Screenshot(768).png.60cbbb30ba62f09472825c97cec5a857.png243782040_Screenshot(771).png.cdc29ce21e124f8132916b349455461a.png

Check.

Feet up and telly time. :atisfied:

• Like 4

The itch to get back into action was too strong, Arsenal v Chelsea not top of my wish list and my freebet already having bitten the dust.:teardrop:

Maybe I didn't exactly play GTO, probably too much Southern Comfort for that, and ended up using 4 x €5 tickets, but that'll do for the ticket collection for this year. 🤣

1789831067_Screenshot(773).thumb.png.fb4fa464d5c3f242dc7dda459d206caf.png

maybe. :Wonder:

• Like 3

Nice to sign off the year with a winner. A winning month in December (small level stakes loss but profit nontheless) I'm going to reboot the racing column tomorrow.

2041710571_Screenshot(798).thumb.png.c35d7d2b6609eb6142c8b664a3283fb4.png

Happy New Punting everyone. :Thumbsup:

• Like 6

NEW YEAR NEW CHALLENGES.

I'm going to start with the bad news first before going onto more positive matters, not to dismiss it or moan how it affected my life but to get a bit of perspective.

I went into lockdown late last March and struggled with a few things, mainly shopping which was virtually impossible on line. Help from a friend of my daughters eased matters and I found ways of keeping busy, building a rockery among them. My friend and neighbour Brian helped, sadly his wife had passed away leaving us both on our own, and as covid restrictions eased we settled into a routine of late night shopping every ten days or so and helped each other in our gardens. Then he sprang the surprise he was going on a holiday to Malta, he still had a few weeks of a time share left which he hadn't been using due to his wife's inability to travel. Even more surprising he asked if I wanted to go, and after a very brief discussion plans were made. The apartment and flights were booked for late October and my new passport applied for and eventually received, but then the insurance company cancelled it's cover after government updates. We managed to rebook for March this year but then sadly Brian became ill and passed away, a major shock for all.

My grandson Charlie and son-in-law visited me one Sunday but then on the Monday Charlie became ill, they and my daughter all took covid tests on Tuesday and were all confirmed as cases on the Wednesday, so I was advised to go into total self isolation for 14 days, a very worrying time. They were all quite poorly for 3 weeks and are still recovering, though Phil is back at work and Charlie is due back at school next week, but that may not happen just yet. I haven't spoken to anyone in person for more than 6 weeks now so had a very quiet Christmas and New Year, and now it's just a matter of carry on waiting for further developments. There have been personal side issues due to all this but nothing of major importance compared to the other happenings, a sad time for many. 

I have the news on in the background and it looks like tougher measures still are coming in, so still a long way off getting through these worrying times. 

So I'm taking this as a time to wish everyone a better year and hope we see better times ahead. 😃

• Like 9

Thanks for sharing this with us @GR1ZZL3R.Huge respect! 
We are all goofing around here, but every single of us have a story behind in this uncertain time.
Hope this community gave you at least a little bit of necessary sociality. 😃
Stay strong!!!!!

• Like 6

Wow @GR1ZZL3R I'm sorry to read all this... These times are tough for everyone, but when I read your post I realize I don't have much to complain. I really hope things will turn around soon. I also think it's a good thing that you wrote about it here. It's nice to have a place to talk about bad beats, epic wins and challenges, but this community can also be used to talk about the stuff that really matters. I wish you lots of courage, man!

• Like 3

Thanks @XY  and @nightshopper 

I did think a while before writing on this sort of subject in what on the whole is a positive community, people do get fed up of bad beats or sob stories, even very personal ones.  I try to be as positive as possible but sometimes bad news is bad rather than just a nuisance and things need keeping in perspective. I'm a fatalist at heart, not exactly giving up on things but having to accept what's thrown at you and deal with it the best way you can. Hopefully happier times ahead, new challenges and more positivity. ❤️

I'm a few days behind whatever passes for a schedule but I'm continuing my latest challenge tomorrow in a new thread. 👍

james bond win GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

• Like 2

I don't know what it is about putting personal challenges out in the public domain but at least in my case it always seems to bring doom and gloom. The horseracing is a fairly typical one, last December I backed about 60 horses, got a few winners and made a small profit. As soon as I start to make the selections public the winners dry up. The same with the roulette. I win fairly steadily and consistently but as soon as I publish the results I hit the sequence from hell. Somehow it seems to be a balancing act slipped in by variance to keep you getting too big for your boots. I'm going to take a risk and say the poker's been going fairly well so far this year, at least the UK and UO qualifiers, we'll see if I can now hit a downward spiral on that, while the cash game ticket is already in freefall after reaching the dizzying heights of €60 ahead. 

Maybe I should keep quiet about results and only announce them after hitting the target, but leading a sad and lonely existence while racking up masses of wins somehow seems a bit less fun. 

TODAY

rain GIF

TOMORROW

macys parade GIF by The 92nd Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

• Like 6

"The cost of kindness"

My daughter rang me up today and asked if I'd had my lunch and did I want a surprise as she was out shopping. I said yes please so she turned up an hour later with a takeaway meal as a treat, lovely. I had my meal, very nice, had a little snooze and completely forgot about a bet I had planned at the races. Checking when I remembered, it had won at 6/1. What can you say? 🤣

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

1580279556_Screenshot(792).thumb.png.6de13b9819aaee1860d66bb3bf4fe889.png

The command post is set up and everything is in place for my new life as a professional gambler punter tipster investor degen layabout organised, concentrated, but  above all, relaxed player. I worry too much about results, give in too easily when things get tough, tilt too easily when things go wrong, try to have things set up too rigidly to avoid failure, worry too much about taking that leap of faith or going with gut instinct, basically trying too hard and not getting the enjoyment I should. Or I should say that was the case. This last year has been tough for many, many people and I'm now at the age where I've realised if I'm not enjoying myself what's the point. Getting AA cracked three times in a row, my horse leading for 3 miles and getting touched off on the line, the roulette ball dropping in the number I've picked then rolling agonisingly slowly out and into next doors pocket, these are all irritating but meaningless in the long run. Maybe not exactly meaningless but only a tiny part of the whole picture. Winning is fun and losing does suck, but I see far too much whining and whinging about things that are uncontrollable, rather than concentrating on what can be controlled. The last month has seen me put in a lot of work to set things up as I want them, so if the results come right then all well and good, if not, well, keep on ranting and raving, tilting, whinging and whining, sulking, researching, tweaking, trying and smiling. 

POKER   

This has been fairly typical. At the back end of last year the ticket stash was surging but the cash was terrible, this last month it's completely the opposite. I can't seem to win a qualifying ticket no matter what but the cash is soaring, well, going up anyway. I think the cash results are because I've gone back to basics (again) have a quite rigid preflop criteria from each position, have stopped chasing too many pots that I know I can't win, play 1 table only and chart winnings and losses on the top hands. This seems to keep me focussed and in control, not just aimlessly button clicking but watching every hand on that table. I'm sure the tickets will come back as and when variance lets them.

1339320249_Screenshot(979).thumb.png.dfc499ed7ef0eaff87f0882b4fd180fe.png

Everything's going on spreadsheets now, saves reams of paper and it's not as easy to bin when things go sour, all that work put in. I have a very tight range pre at the moment but that opens up depending on situations and other players, and not getting stressed at bad beats and suckouts. Long may it continue.

BETTING

More or less exclusively on horses, the Grand National being my first intro to the wonderful world of gambling for entertainment.

I made a small profit in December and slightly more in January, nothing exciting but encouraging, and the new relaxed me has stopped worrying about results and profit. I've started a new thread, 3 picks per day, and if they win :Smile:

72195382_Screenshot(981).png.9133789b72abc99ee3139a7e5759aa44.png

ROULETTE

This is probably my biggest time consumer, as much for the challenge as profit, though that is still holding up after quite a while. I do occasionally drift off in unexpected directions and take some big hits to the bankroll but usually see sense in time and come back to reality. Posting challenges also seems to affect my mindset, determined to show a profit I can linger too long in a downward spiral, not helpful or realistic, so no more of those but updating will hopefully continue.

I try to keep things as simple as possible, as few numbers as possible, flat betting as long as possible, and limited progressions. This is my latest run, 242 units bet for a profit of 118, very promising but quite slow and needing a fair bit of patience.

1434793424_Screenshot(984).thumb.png.284bb9c555682c5a1b3247a42d0aa38d.png

I quite like a sort of routine I'm in now instead of flitting here and there as the muse takes me. Mornings I check in on the community, pick the horses and update any results from the previous day. A bit of housework and/or exercise follows, a cash poker session in the afternoon, tourneys on Mondays Thursdays and Saturdays based round the UK satties. I like the evenings watching films or sport and tend to play the roulette lateish at night, background mood music on. I'm flexible though with all the football on at the moment, snooker a fair bit, and the Six Nations Rugby very near, but try to keep to some sort of schedule if only for self discipline. Now everything seems to be in place I'll try to update a little more and be more active in other ways.

Keep grinding all and let the results take care of themselves. :Smile:

Awesome Life GIF by JustViral

• Like 9

So one week has passed in my new life as a recreational fun player and I have to say it's had its ups and downs, if only fairly minor ones comparitively to the stakes I play. Any significant movement should only be slow and long term, except maybe in roulette which can be pretty volatile.

POKER

Hardly any change here as I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm to play much. The ticket stack is remaining fairly static, I'm basically playing just enough to replace any tickets used. The cash ticket continues to bounce up and down but only in small amounts, again I'm only playing enough to keep the flop counter ticking over so it could be a while before it vanishes or reaches fruition. The idea suggested for a monthly major with a satellite structure, possibly a UK tourney, would perk up my interest, a definite short term goal each month to aim for.

BETTING

The horses are the main focus here, I did have a dabble in the snooker shoot out but that didn't go very well, too many favourites won on Saturday, :teardrop: and to be honest I'm not one of those that needs a bet to watch something, it can actually take the edge off the enjoyment for me.

The horse racing has produced a small loss on the week, so nothing great or disastrous, three winners from 19 bets producing a loss of €1.50, so a steady start. I like steady, it makes me feel comfortable. I may never be rich but at least it could take a long time to lose the betting roll. 😃

ROULETTE

This is the volatile one, some easy victories but a couple of hard fought sessions thrown in as you can see from the update.

489698799_Screenshot(1064).png.baf851d2223c3825da17f7983308a178.png

The bare facts are €465.50 invested, a return of €74.50 profit, sixteen per cent. Maybe not that amazing to some but this is theoretically a long term 2.7% loser, so nothing to be sniffed at,  Friday's was a particularly tough session, over 3 hours of ups and downs before I finally hit profit. I came close a few times but never made two wins close enough together to hit the magic plus sign. The pleasing aspect is that these were all flat bets of 1 unit on each number, in this case 50p a time, though in a few cases more than 1 number at a time, even getting up to 6 numbers in one case. After a win I stop and reset, not continuing with the same set of numbers I'm betting, although I'm still torn wether I should or not, even after logging thousands of numbers. Sometimes they hit a few close together, sometimes missing for what seems like forever, so if in profit that's it for the day, if losing start a new sequence. I'm also logging a long sequence on an rng table, the practical aspect of this being I can stop and start at any time and continue the same sequence from where I left off, very useful for data crunching and long term trend watching, and currently working well for one of my favourite methods. I've said it before though, what appears to work on one kind of table seems not to on another, so it can get frustrating even when you think a breakthrough has arrived. I'm enjoying it though, that is a good point if not the only one. 😃

I'm enjoyin the relaxed aspect of my playing, whatever the game, if the br goes up that's great, if not I'm not going to fret and worry too much, but have had a couple of ideas for some new challenges which I may work on, and good luck to all the older and newer blog challenges alike.

Run Good and Stay Safe, but also Enjoy.:Thumbsup:

• Like 5