From Poker Donk To Winning Monk

P0kerM0nk

Sorry for the late reply everyone, read the messages but been a mad week and could not be arsed to type an answer lol

@Ch0p5Re1d  yeh I feel the same for the stakes I play, people and especially the regs don't get it in with anything worse than QQ+. That's about my stack off range as well as I've done it many times before jamming AQs or JJ bvb for example and 9 out of 10 times I'm against a better hand. Now I only broaden my stack off range vs recs and it's based on reads on how aggro or splashy they play.

@SkilfulPoker  haven't played too much this week, played a bit of 50nl on RIO for the rakerace and barely on Unibet, today is actually the first decent session I've put in on Unibet, games are mental. First time this month I've had a decent profit as well during one day. €300+ up today on 50nl.

Reason I've not played too much is for one the weather here in North East of Scotland has been crazy, snow most of the week and traveling to work has been a pain. Managed Mon-Tuesday and then got sent home as weather was getting too bad. Work was closed on Wednesday and had a day off on Thursday, back on Friday and then Saturday I had to take my gf to work and back driving through snowdrifts :wow: This week felt like it has been going on for a month.

Other reason for playing less is I've started learning French again, did Spanish before but then got in to poker so I know a few words now but not much overall. Decided to start with French again as I already speak French but as I never really speak French anymore since moving to the UK is has become pretty rusty. I just want to refreshen it and expand a bit on what I already know. After that I'll be back on to Spanish but no idea when that will be. Using the app Duolingo for those interested.

And I also started with a coding app M1m0, I'll try to do a bit every day to learn HTML, CSS and Javascript. I once did this before on the pc but thought I'll give it another start just building up slowly. An app is probably not the best but I just want to revise it again up on till the stuff I already know and then we will see, I would like to do this as a job but not easy learning another job whilst working full time already + I don't want to give up poker just now.

bigpot.png.fa8255451a7fcd2ff60366b177b8f6da.pngbiggeststack.png.8227a285400ab6e710c4bc54c7b4d5fa.png

Don't have any poker goals atm. just trying to improve and keep the bankroll going, been a rubbish time so far this year and about break even or slightly up this month but whatever. The money side does not bother me at all anymore as I still have 20+ 50nl buy ins on both sites to keep me going and I'm just trying to reach a more solid poker game overall. And as I said before, I never have enough hours in a day to do all the stuff I want to do lol.

• Like 4

So played an hour sesh last night, 5 tables, 2 RIO and 3 Unibet. Nothing much happened on unibet, bit card dead or board dead and lost about €40, but shipped the double trouble today for €40 so back to square one lol.

Anyway, ran/played good on RIO, ended up 4 buyins but here is an interesting hand, 200bb deep and what other players often do is leave the table and come back with 100bb after they doubled up, I never really do but playing deep is really out of my comfort zone when some villains put the pressure on and want to play for stacks all the time.

So yeh this hand, games are very aggro all round, standard open for me on the BTN and BB call. Flop is check or big cbet so with my actual hand big cbet and I get raised. Just called the raise.

FLUSH1.png.338a493903bfd69ed87861437370372d.png

Turn face a 1/3 bet and I call.
FLUSH2.png.cfc8efc5775a298bdf4ff172cdc31d83.png

River and he bet halfpot and I felt I had to raise, seemed so weird that he would bet a K high flush for half pot after 1/3 on the turn. And I only raised 2.5x to keep lower flushes in to kinda make sure he calls.
FLUSH3.png.39d1af4bef920d9ab722496184ddadd3.png

Then I got shoved on in my face lol, I thought for ages before I made a decision, what would you do here? Sick spot imo. x/r flop, small bet turn and half pot riv feels like Kx for the flush or the K flush blocker anyway, and with the A and Q already on the board any other flush is going to be a lot weaker and here I am with the 2nd nuts...
FLUSH4.png.95d07eec4d11f6d44e1c0aa4c3d65360.png

• Like 1

This is why I'll never be a reg at poker and only play for fun. 🤣 Usually if I've doubled up I'll leave because I don't like playing really deep as these decisions become twice as hard to cope with. :teardrop:  To be absolutely honest I would have called the river bet, purely to avoid what has become a tough decision, hoping he'd flopped a set or somehow had K of clubs with a J, but that's what seperates the regs from the recs I suppose. Just call me chicken. :scared: 

chicken GIF

Actually chickens sometimes peck back, and if I was in that situation I just couldn't leave without knowing. Call.:Wonder:

• Like 2

"It turns out that 75% of all poker players think they play better than the other 75%."     image.png.99a4e82708d54abfc527324e8836768e.png

Well, I’m surprised. Would expect to lose that hand most of the time. But villain’s play isn’t that crazy if you think about it. Yes, you raised him at the river. BUT, your raise was small, indicating your hand was strong enough to raise – but not nuts strong. Which was exactly the case. When picking hands to bluff, he doesn’t really need much; blockers are not that relevant. But if you want to block something, blocking a middle flush card makes sense. It reduces your amount of too-strong-to-fold flush combinations and makes it more likely you have a weak flush.

Obviously, it’s still ambitious to bluff here, but I think it’s a really cool play by villain. If he’s playing decent overall, I would avoid playing him. 😃

• Like 2

Its anonymous so you don't know who you play day after day. And they all play like mad, he was running 33/30 and lots of players run crazy as feck during rake races, it's pretty absurd. Don't think I would ever fold a J high flush tbh. In a more normal game I might not raise the river but RIO is quite some place to play poker at times lol.

• Like 2

Well that's another month gone and very low volume I think, tried contacting live support for my stats for the year but that wasn't loading so just send an email. Just interested to see my volume or lack of. Still played 17 days out of the 29 so not all dead.

Managed to get a winning month just by having a great last day, almost 6 buy-ins up in an hour and called it a day then 🤣 up €133 for the month, up €286 on Unibet and €153 down on RIO. Not played much on RIO last week as every time I logged in nobody was playing.

Pretty average month, feel like I play better but lack of results is keeping me away from putting more volume in just now. But I did enjoy my session yesterday, ran good so that helps.

3BETNUB.png.6c5763e28f0b61c7ee006a59cf91047f.pngAAohyeah.png.f51977944654d2b6af6ab83d29d79515.pngAAohyeah2.png.68a9b3e17bf71858584a96704fc49417.pngJJquads.png.ad52f70d3352a42b672a70dfed83139d.pngAToops.png.74c26f51ff43382e44c385dc8259e53e.pngAToops2.png.15c66e825f1d9f34e0f621d03618987a.pngJJyeah.png.adb23ce997a32bd8763cf015b53c09ac.pngKflush.png.92197dc53490ce5568abdd1b57aca76c.pngKflush2.png.c1feeec036192ceafdcd0e99c240038f.pngQQ.png.1ef53294336796bbfc611cf805908952.pngQQ2.png.b11a59506df4ec374fe52e313a0954bc.png

At this moment I have 165k points, might give it a go to try and get 250k this month to get the extra bonus points. Need another 1500 points to be able to buy another €500 playthrough. Still have some bonuses lined up, atm just over 50% of the last €30 segment of my €150 bonus, then 2 times a €5 xmas bonus 🤣 and another €10 after that, not sure if there is anything else after as can't remember for sure.

Also still have a double trouble and a super double trouble from last week, need to set my alarm as I always forget these tournaments, annoying.

That's about it I guess, main focus is just playing well / better and bit less on volume and running better! (yes let's blame that 😏)

• Like 3

Still waiting on my results... bit poor waiting since Monday on an email reply. Might have to try live support again or something 😞

Also not played a hand of poker this month :wow: better fire up a session now or I might soon forget the rules of the game 😛

• Like 2

1.5h session, happy with my play, didn't make too many questionable plays but did fold JJ in a 3b pot vs a 1/3 cb on a low board by accident /doh.

bvb I open, x/r flop, blockbet turn and 2/3 riv and got jammed on, happy days. Not sure what best play is on turn here. Often cehck I think but not sure after x/r and my actual hand. Will have a look in to that later.

nutflush.png.c73ecf433038e03f05938ccf486f24f7.png

All in pre, I 3b and he 4b (lol) so I jammed, whot... rubbish is this.
AKflipdoomed.png.f43e215b1c28705dd40396721cbb6276.png

All in on the turn... keeps happening this 82% vs 18% /roll eyes

nevergetthere.png.5ced1b9e6bb107621dae33ba0e477948.png

Trying to keep playing 4 tables max, used to play up to 6 tables and although I can follow my own action it is way harder to follow the meta game per table, like who is going crazy, who just had a bad beat etc. I do feel like I play better with 4 tables but it is still weird how I have that feeling of opening up more tables for some reason lol. Maybe something to do with boredom especially when being card dead.

Edit, why are my comments below pictures not showing >.<

• Like 5

@SkilfulPoker Didn't really affect me as I had a good run there doubling my stack to start with just by winning pots here and there followed by that nut flush hand 200bb deep, but when I looked at the flop Kxx I was like oh yeh that one is sorted... and it goes pretty quick and didn't even realise I lost it 🤣 some ridiculous runouts I've been having on RIO lately. But still made a profit so it is what it is.

Had my cash results of January and February, took them almost a week for a reply damn, but ok not like it is that much of a hurry. Played 26k hands over these 2 months, 20k in January and so little in February lol. Down €1280 overall, €127 profit in February though 😛 €1454 rake paid.

Let's make March a better one again :peace:

• Like 3

So far played 3 sessions this month, just finished a 50min one, nothing really happened strangely enough but made 2 buyins. Can barely remember any noteworthy hand lol. Stacked a guy who 3b me SB vs CO and I called with AA. flop was AKx and he 3 barreled it off and he had AK, standard and bit unlucky for him I guess.

I have to say that the games seemed awful aggro today on Unibet at 50nl, more people playing too, wonder if it is this moving up promo, I played 6 tables (yes I know can't help myself but felt really focused) 3 on RIO and 3 on Unibet and I got 3b every other hand at the start of my session on Unibet. I was like wtf is happening here but just kept folding and staying disciplined. Felt like games on RIO which are always more aggro because of rake races over there but Unibet... damn 😛

Have a few hands from Sundays session to share though:

3b and flop the nuts... ffs never lucky crap runout after flopping a monster!

JJjoke.png.deeca6a178e2b4afdaff24bf47d6fe47.png

All in on the turn, fack sake! I squeezed pre and he called, I bombed flop vs 2 and not best turn but can't see much else than jamming, and he even thought for ages lol.

akfeck.png.9ed5efe754a4a15a1855168815da22d0.png

All in on the turn as well here I think, can't make this up can you? /doh
feckme.png.03758c1952fa0bc6823a534397e224ec.png

vs same guy as above, just the random guy on the table, he jammed like bottom pair vs a cb on a hand before I got dealt in and got called off by top pair. Guess I'm never that lucky. Hand can look spewy but with reads it's ok imo.
feckme2.png.5fae18662a5d803475be376037b29d66.png

I 3b and got 4b and decided to call, not much to do on the flop as not folding in 4b pot with this hand, didn't get there, obviously lol.

nevergetthere.png.e151d5bd653b71a99f64c570ecac10bd.png

And this is a splash pot, where they deal everyone a hand and everyone is all in and this time it was a 500bb pot as you can see, look at that equity but yet again, no luck... thank f it was 10NL lol.
splashpot.png.3318ff4287bed02e708b456dd09ebb4c.pngsplashpot2.png.00ecc8014e479316496b0e17f2ac7649.pngsplashpot3.png.273e86964893712b45ff8c5252285981.png

• Like 4

Found an interesting channel on YouTube, 500NL cash games 6max mostly and never even heard of this person -> Jarretman. (maybe I've been living under a rock?) Not too many videos as seems he deleted all of them as he had his HUD up and realised it wasn't fair having stats of other people on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Seirnflow26/featured

I watched one video so far and pretty competent player. Of course 500NL isn't what most people play on Unibet but it's nice to follow his gameplay. I personally can follow easy enough but what's always suprising when you watch those stakes is when they say, I should call here 20% of the time, and prob raise this 1/4 of the times etc whilst using a number generator. I'm still a mile away from getting to that stage haha. 

Worth a watch for those interested :atisfied:

• Like 4

Well still strugling to get volume in but just because I'm doing so much else and not so much because I don't want to.

Just played my 4th session of the month, 4 tabled for just over an hour, field is pretty soft at this time (saturday evening) at 50NL. Close to 3 buy-ins up but that aside, played pretty decent so far this month, 3 winning sessions out of 4 but staying objective I like the way I play now more than how I used to play before. Just staying calm, thinking about what to do in every hand and see who my opponent(s) is/are. Thinking of ranges, blockers etc. Finding spots to be more aggresive in preflop and post flop. Think we all make an easy mistake of autopiloting too much once we have some kind of game strategy hammered in our head. It just doesn't cut it for poker or at least it doesn't cut if for me at poker.

Also finished the 1st stage of March missions as only had to play a SNG, not many games going but joined a €2 one and 3rd hand I get 3b with A9o, as I'm not really bothered I just jammed it and he shows AA. Bloody typical 🤣

SNG.png.c4891fd6107ca5cefe5a32cd53a608a5.png

Oh hello, welcome to unibet 🆒

Just a fart away from 175k points for the 4000 bonus points, not sure I'll get to 250k this month but who knows. Also 10% left on my last €30 increment of a €150 bonus and then I can finally start at my €5 xmas bonuses haha, it's almost Easter 😛

• Like 3