From Poker Donk To Winning Monk

P0kerM0nk

Funny playing these double trouble tourneys as saw a few regs who also play NL50 tables so good to know they are losing money 🤣

And binked both of them lol +€440, just about got there for the super double trouble but in the money is in the money! Was down a bit at cashgames again today :dissatisfied: but now bankroll is sitting just under €2000 again, woop. 

• Like 5

@P0kerM0nk wrote:

And binked both of them lol +€440, just about got there for the super double trouble but in the money is in the money!

Well as I put a little bit of Mr. @GR1ZZL3R  skills, you must play under one of alias: Jumanjihihi or Antpolin

Either way - quite a nice 'achievement' :cash: Keep up the good work/effort, I'm sending my well-earned support skills 👍

ITM(SDT).png.d1409ab6197bdfc92f8c351fa7258229.png
  • Like 3

Time for an update, been playing more on RIO than on Unibet because of a rakerace but not too sure if Im going to keep going for it. Top 3 gets paid (€500/€250/€100) and we have 4 people going for it me included. All the rest is far behind in points. First is a bit ahead of the rest so its a bit of a race for the 2nd and 3rd price and currently Im 4th after being 2nd etc. It requires a lot of playing for little return and the games are laggy as hell as the pool is so small we kinda just play against each other. Starting to doubt it is worth my time. Was hoping one would give up lol. 

Have played a bit on Unibet and bankroll is about €2200 now, steadily winning on RIO as well and doubled my bankroll since start of the month almost up €400 now and combined bankroll almost at 3k. Rakerace is quite daft and distracted me a bit of the theory side of poker I was meant to do but being off I thought I give it a shot. See what happens for next few days.

Here a couple of random hands of 'rungood' on Unibet, we all like them right? 😏

hand1.png.422b51abc0c0cc2add95a1b9c88663c8.png
hand2.png.d52c0916e31a30d9e5247adf5a0a4a6d.png
Rio Hand: (not advertising RIO lol)

hand3.png.2a6f832da838ebc726bb48854d58b83b.png

• Like 8

Decided to give up on the rake race, had some connection issues with the RIO poker client on Thursday evening and didn't play much on Friday either so Im now in 4th and 60 points behind 3rd which would take me 4-6h depending on how many tables are going but thats also without 3rd one gaining points so not worth my time and effort for only €100 extra. I'll play some more to get the next pay jump in weekly rewards which is a personal rakeback thing and standing at €30 now but I just need a few more points to get €45 so I'll just play for that and thats it. Also not gained anything in the last week so bankroll on RIO has been a bit the same, battling regs is not worth it and yesterday I was down €50 after being up but then losing like 3-4 flips in a row.

Played like an hour - hour and half on Unibet on my Ipad last night too, 2 to 4 tables at NL50 and was up €264, lots of recs playing! Shows you what a waste RIO is to me as even with the €50 loss on RIO I was up a decent amount for the day.

Today will be a bit more theory as I also did yesterday and then more play as gf is at work all afternoon. Hope to get in some decent volume tonight. Good luck everyone and have a nice weekend. 

• Like 9

Just quick passing by, still grinding away but eventhough I've been off for the past 2 weeks I've not really put more volume in compared to last month lol, bit dissapointing I guess but I do have played more on RIO so that's maybe a reason. Haven't been running the best either lately with a few dissapointing sessions, both runbad and play bad from my part. Few more days to go for the month and then I'll request the stats again for July.

Have finished the From The Ground Up course again on RIO so happy I got that done before going back to work this week. My work hours have been reduced from 37 to 32 meaning I only work 4 days, Mon-Thur, instead of 5 and normally I just work 5h on a Friday. Happy enough for it now as long as I don't end up losing the job in the long run of course but for now it gives me 3 weekend days where I can focus a bit more on poker.

Played a session today, happy with how I played even with the few weird or bad spots I encountered. But hands like these make up for it: Villain is some kind of aggro regfish not sure but kept 3 betting me, called his flop cbet, turn got checked and then he shoved this and I overshoved for his remaining 66p and HE FOLDED :wow: and also insta disappeared from the table, ragequit? Hope I'm not getting flagged up for chip dumping 🤣
AceHigh.png.9c64fa9efece89320186d4a629d84144.png

All the best of luck for the remainder of July everyone 👍

• Like 11

And another month gone, they are flying past in this Covid19 era 🤣

Asked for the stats so will be waiting on that to come in to see my exact NL50 profit and my NL100 disaster although that will be a mega small sample. All in all July hasn't been the best month, hard to pinpoint how bad the variance was but I also don't feel like I've really played optimal at all times. My last 5 days of the month kinda skewed my results as I had 4 losing days losing almost 13 buyins  :annoyed:

Overal profit for the month is €550 and thats Unibet and RIO combined, profit on Unibet is about €300. Bit dissapointing but yesterday was the cut-off for the montly sample and it is what it is but poker didn't end yesterday so it is only a screenshot of a certain time frame.

I'll sum up profit/loss per month since March:

• March +€46
  • April -€47
  • May +€670
  • June +€739
  • July +€549

Still going the right direction so that's ok, what I'll do for August is having a look into something to record my sessions so I could maybe review some hands later and I'm also gonna keep track of all my all-ins preflop with premium hands (AA/KK/QQ/AK) to see how I'm running. Bit trivial but can affect your winrate a bit if variance is against you. Playing on a site like Unibet where you can't track anything it's sometimes hard to judge your own play vs variance, is it variance or am I just playing bad? Who knows. But I remember losing with AKo vs K3o all in preflop 100bb deep yesterday so that's why Im gonna track it 🤣
Not many hands to share, got 2 here vs same regfish, villain masstables but very random plays, hands happened within minutes of each other, him stacking me twice :Dissatisfied:

Flushed.png.1b038656169bbcf9cbb9d39bf9bfa96c.png
AITurn.png.9e744100656542c01591cda748764125.png

• Like 7

Received another set of double trouble and super double trouble tournament tickets, I'm running that good 🤣 hope I can do the same as last time and bink em both again as without I wouldn't have made much profit last month haha. 

Not been putting much volume in lately, weekends flying past and I have all sorts of stuff on :annoyed: need to work on this a bit to get some more sessions in. Still watching videos so I'm not really 'away' from poker.

Still waiting on July results so once I get them I'll give another update.

• Like 3

July results are in and not good lol, first about the double trouble and super double trouble from last week, didn't bink any of them as ended 150 ish at the double trouble and 12th ! :teardrop: at the super double trouble where top 10 gets paid €400 each, that was a stinker ouch! Blinded out with no decent hands, should have taken some action earlier as blinding out was bit my fault, noticed it too late.

Here are my NL50 results of last month, same ish profit as month before but also got my NL100 results and I lost €780 in under 4000 hands booh! Think I overplayed  my game thinking everyone was outplaying me there lol. Getting in the money for the super double trouble gave me a profit for the month. Would have been the best month if it wasn't for the NL100 disaster. But we just move on.

1920312877_UnibetJuly2020.thumb.png.347c8423992288222ab4c06d1e7f37da.png

Since then not had the best results, Im just about 1.5 buyings in profit for the month, not had the most volume during the first week but going to try and get more in. Have been playing a bit too auto-piloty I think lately so be trying to play more solid and think of all hands I play. Today was probably best I've played so far this month so I'll try to stay focussed for each session. Hope we can turn it around for the next 3 weeks and get out of this break even stretch.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, not much to update as running like dog ❤️♥️❤️. Up about 3 buy-ins for the month at the moment, just can't seem to win anything at showdown, not vs regs and not vs fish. Almost been a month I've been running so so and getting tired of it lol. Hope it changes soon, no fun like this 😏

I'm almost at the 200k challenge points reward so that's a wee boost and hopefully I get to keep it till the end of the month 🤣 
The previous reward of 4000 bonus points was spend on €2 hexapro tickets, made about the same as if I would have taken a play through bonus, kinda wonder if Im better taking that next as there is no variance in getting a return. Also saves me time playing hexapro's instead of focusing on my main game. Might just buy play through bonusses next. Saves me the hassle lol.

Also just played 2x €10 hexapro, one from the monthly rewards and the other from ticket I wrongly? received. 
Lost both but one was for €100 so sad I didn't get that one. No luck in flips.

hex1.png.f27f71b3327e8e5a7b2de568896b9c2d.pnghex2.png.b19041355a26ab8ea28d0de8ca3bd61a.png

For the rest it's still all the same, keep on playing and keep on studying, still need to have a look for recording software as with no tools to log hands on Unibet recording sessions is probably a decent option to review hands later on. See what the rest of the month looks like, just over halfway so lots that can happen till then, good luck all on the tables 🆒

• Like 7

So put in a monster session last night, think I played from about 8-9pm to 4am 🤣 4 tabling till 3 on desktop then 2 tabling for another hour in bed on the ipad lol. Rough calculations played like 4k hands and up €314 which was nice after still having pretty poor overal sessions this month, runbad maybe over now? Fingers crossed. Had one table where a big whale was playing all night, prob playing 80% hands limp calling etc and he managed to run a 50bb stack up to like 500bb to then lose it again but he had a bloody good run :wow:  I'll post hands on that table and vs him in the next post, here are just some other hands from last nights session:

hand1.png.17fb7877fe4bd6f3b0e199e260a739e0.pnghand2.png.9c30453fcb4055685f8c02a4cc271359.pnghand3.png.28edc13be4b6425a0a5c2fad97da535c.pnghand4.png.bf6a535f8dfe359854a66f859e7f7c4a.pnghand5.png.78ca5fb1ef5e0ba13f4369caf645843a.png

• Like 3

Alright, next post is all from one table, hands are mostly vs same guy, whale playing like 80% of hands, mostly limp calling but also some min raising and min 3betting lol. 

Whale1.png.5db4340aa2ed3b00efbbe46602c4de7a.pngWhale2.png.c4c8622c7259f83e3ddf81e2d1f50840.pngWhale3.png.ce7bdb749c2cfdea2355900b171b6064.pngWhale4.png.072b91fa9bdec6773cceda861b380238.pngWhale5.png.f2fd76056326535aa396dccea2fa4ef9.pngWhale6.png.a419fa034f0349fe03a3c421f43efead.pngWhale7.png.94e4007ed82ab9d1908b00990e3ab067.pngWhale8.png.12a9efb85b4f0837efbf8bb686adb687.pngWhale9.png.23bd664949586eba00aef2e8aabc90f0.pngWhale10.png.2fdb42736862f2e4a438eddb29dc0acb.png

No screenshots after this as I went onto my ipad but he lost some money to others and I took his last €86, started with a 4 way pot, 4x open by UTG and 3 calls, I call with TT, flop comes 93T all ♥️ 1 cbet 1fold and 2 calls (me) 5♦️ turn, villain bets 3/4 or something I call other folds, river pairs the board 9♠️ I jam he calls he's got 82♥️ for a flopped flush. Decent end of my night, 4am good night 😀

9♥️3♥️T♥️ 5♦️ 9♠️   Me T♣️T♦️ Villain 8♥️2♥️

• Like 3

Was playing the €5000 Ice Giant Bounty and finally made some profit, only kicked 2 out and just made it in the money, €30 profit.
But what a way to go out, was like 13/26 or something and then this happened vs aggro monkey, All-in on the turn... 84% equity meh.

arse.png.d2c76a378b0f2f03d93199bb01ad2c28.png

• Like 3