Dimitar's Poker Career

LeVsKaRa

Hello guys! It is time for my weekly update of my results in 2020.

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 7: 76,11 €; bankroll after week 8: 80,86 €

I played 8 SNGs using tickets, won just one and cashed one more. Not great results, but at least I am cashing my bonus points.

Cash games

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 7: 95,71 €; bankroll after week 8: 95,62 €

A total loss of 0,09 €, after seeing 241 flops. A break even, but I managed to clear one major challenge and some minor challenges, so I get to 1500 challenge points (I told you my volume is low :D). As a reward I received 1 € MTT ticket, which I used for UO satellite. It was a mix of good and bad sessions at the cash tables. The good news is that I played on two tables, which is a step up for me. I tried three tabling as well, but I had some problems, when I had playable hands on all three tables.

Satellites

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 7: 17,80 €; budget after week 8: 17,80 €

On the 1€ level I played 4 tournaments (3x with UO tickets and 1x with MTT-ticket). I won 2x4€-tickets. Since I started to keep track of my results on this level, I played a total of 41 tournaments and won 15 tickets, which means 36,5 % ITM. If I assume that I can keep this percentage ITM finishes, I am going to achieve my goal and collect 40x4€-tickets. I will need about 40 more tournaments, because I exchange my 4€-tickets to get the buy-ins. I play 4-5 tournaments a week, so let’s set a deadline for this goal: end of April 2020. It is important for me to realize this and to have patience. One of my main goals for this year is to build a solid cash and ticket bankroll.

On the 2€ level I played 3 tournaments and won 1x10€-ticket, which I will exchange tomorrow.

Here is the most interesting hand of this week. It was an early stage of a 1€ UO Sattelite, about 30 guys, late registration still open, I already doubled up my stack and was 2nd at this time. Stonehenge20 limped, GoodBoy10 called and I raised to 10xBB from the big blind. On the flop I folded to an all in from GoodBoy10, Stonehenge20 did call. What do you guys think about my move? Did I make a mistake? Can you guess what did both guys have? I will add a picture with the showdown in a few days.

flop.thumb.png.b44e6560f29b41eac949a03b15a97a63.png

Ticket bankroll:

Week8.png.a94caa18752dfbb473c324a06b40e8d8.png

• Like 4

Hi @LeVsKaRa 

I sure you know better then me about UO. I have some UO satelites tickets on my account and i would like to know if i win like 2k UO package if there is any chance to get some amount of money/ sell it ? I not able to travel becaouse of my job.

If you know something in this way please let me know

Thanks

Hi @successlaw 

If you collect 1 250 000 challenge points, there is an option to receive bonus points instead of UO package. However you will not receive 200 000 bonus points (=2000 €). You will get 250€ cash in your account (travel expenses) and I think 110 000 bonus points (=1100€=tournament buy-in). Maybe there is an option to do this, when you win your package through a sattelite as well. You should ask the Unbet guys. 

• Like 2

Well @psrquack  if it is a missclick, than there were actually 3 missclicks: preflop I raised to 10xBB and he called, then he had to do two clicks to go all in on the flop xD. I don't want to judge anyone, there are maybe more than 100 tickets in freerolls per day for this level, but these were just horrible moves. It did tilt me a little bit, because this hand could give me enough chips to get a ticket very easy, but I believe I made a correct fold.

• Like 1

Evaluation of monthly goals: February 2020

• Satellite goal: play at least 20 Unibet Open qualifiers COMPLETED
    • 32 UO qualifiers played
  • SNG challenge: play at least 20 SNGs UNCOMPLETED
    • 15 SNGs played
  • Study goal:
    • Review some interesting hands after finishing a tournament PARTLY COMPLETED
      • I reviewed hands, that I won. This way I could see if I was lucky, if I played the hand well on the different streets. I hardly reviewed hands, when I busted, because I often closed the client and then didn’t search the hand in the history. These hands are more important to be reviewed, because I make most of the mistakes there.
    • Reread the first half of “Poker Satellite Strategy” and take notes PARTLY COMPLETED
      • I read just the first two chapters and took notes on them.

New monthly goals: March 2020

• Satellite goal: play at least 30 Unibet Open qualifiers
    • Given the fact, that I easily achieved my satellite goal last month, I can set the bat a bit higher this month
  • SNG challenge: play at least 20 SNGs
  • Study goal:
    • Review some interesting hands after finishing a tournament
    • Reread the first half of “Poker Satellite Strategy” and take notes (chapter 3-7)
  • Cashgame goal: Reach 500 flops at NL4
    • I reached 659 flops in February without setting a bar. Let’s try with 500 this month.
  • Like 3

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 8: 80,86 €; bankroll after week 9: 82,44 €

1 cash out of 5…

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 8: 95,62 €; bankroll after week 9: 109,29 €

“How lucky are some guys to get dealt premiums or to flop extremely well, but I almost never do?” I believe everyone had this kind of thoughts sometimes. Well next time when I think this, I have to look at this post :D

cash1_river.thumb.png.bf37dfbb6c56e28147091f50d056a6a2.pngcash2_river.thumb.png.f6922a957f888c280efba553981968ea.pngcash3.thumb.png.94fc3e743d472fb0a5801a133ef10900.pngcash4.thumb.png.2bbbcb23e84f343f80c0c68b667be514.png

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 7: 17,80 €; budget after week 8: 17,76 €

I had great discipline almost two months in 2020 and I didn’t use any of my 4€-tickets until this week. I registered in 1€ UO satellite and busted after 10 minutes with KK<QQ after all in preflop. I did a rebuy with another ticket and lost the very next hand with AQ<AK, all in on A high flop. In a moment of tilt I used one 4€-ticket. Luckily the first couple of hands were total crap and I folded them easily and managed to calm down. I played and ran good, won two 50-50 flips and finished with a 25€-ticket. I should point out, that my decision to play this tournament was wrong! I hope that this won’t happen again. I can lose very fast my hard earned tickets. The main reason I don’t play on this level yet is, that I have many leaks in my play and I want to read Dara’s book one more time before playing them.

On the 1€ level I played 5 tournaments. I won 1x4€-tickets. 16 tickets won of 46 tournaments (34,8 % ITM).

On the 2€ level I didn’t play any tournament.

I also registered to the flip tournaments during UO Dublin 2020 and I was lucky enough to win twice a 2€-ticket, so a little boost here xD.

Ticket bankroll:

309086648_Week9.png.97f8147edb6dfc31b247b229511d13a5.png

• Like 6

Hello guys! It is time for my weekly update of my results in 2020. I was on a small holiday this weekend and poker was not a big part of it xD. I will update the blog despite of not having much to update.

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 9: 82,44 €; bankroll after week 10: 82,44 €

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 9: 109,29 €; bankroll after week 10: 111,14 €

I managed to play a couple of hands here and there from my phone and have 1,85 € profit.

I got a prize drop (2€ HexaPro ticket). I used it and busted in third place. Then I decided to play two more (3 necessary in part 2 of March missions). One of my goals this year was not to play any HexaPros unless with tickets, so well done to me. Of course I tilted after losing all three HexaPros in a row and registered to 5 more. I hit one 5x and one 10x and played heads up the same guy. I managed to win the 10x and one 1,5x as well. Profit from HexaPros (4,50 €) will go for completing the other parts of March missions.

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 9: 17,80 €; budget after week 10: 17,76 €

No UO satellites this week.

I register almost every evening for the DSO flip freeroll since the start of the year, but I didn’t win not just a single ticket, but a single hand…

Ticket bankroll:

395447960_Week9.png.1d6ff8ef0997e6b7086b8f6a2212d294.png

• Like 2

Hello guys! It is time for my weekly update of my results in 2020. I completed part 2 and part 3 of the March missions, which means I will play the 1000 € tournament at the beginning of April. Part 4 requires more HexaPros and Omaha, which I don’t usually play. I am not sure if I am going to complete this one.

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 10: 82,44 €; bankroll after week 11: 93,52 €

I played five 1€-SNGs, won one and cashed another one. Still using tickets, which I bought with bonus points. I also played a 2€-SNG with the ticket, which I won from March mission Part 3. I won that one and added 6,33€ more to the SNG bankroll.

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 10: 111,14 €; bankroll after week 11: 114,76 €

A profit of 3,62 €. It could have been much better, but I ran twice with AKs into AA all in preflop and lost another buy in with KK<JJ all in preflop.

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 10: 17,76 €; budget after week 11: 18,6 €

On the 1€ level I played 11 tournaments and won 6x4€-tickets. Best week for me on this level so far. I also won 1x1€-ticket from a freeroll.

On the 2€ level I didn’t play any tournaments.

And the highlight of the week:

DSO.png.ccb03a941d01497338ceba11af4170e3.png

I used the ticket and finished 5/12 for 0,30 €, which is added to the satellite budget.

Ticket bankroll:

2066312880_Tickets_Week11.png.75587b9bff78052be28f464d7bfeaa2d.png

• Like 1

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 11: 93,52 €; bankroll after week 12: 103,02 €

I played eight 1€ SNGs, won two and finished runner up twice.

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 11: 114,76 €; bankroll after week 12: 93,72 €

It was a losing week at the cash game tables for me. I stopped at -21,04€ in order to receive a double trouble ticket and have a fresh start next week.

Playing like a recreational here and there to kill some time is not my goal, but I still do this in 2020. I have no patience, play a lot of hands preflop, chase speculative draws and so on. In other words I am a fish! I need to start playing sessions (for example 1 or 2 hours), while multi tabling in order to achieve something meaningful on the cash tables. I did some work off the tables on my preflop ranges and created some charts. I am 1-2 tabling now. Let’s hope I can stay discipline and start adding tables in near future. I will be satisfied if I am able to 4-table in a couple of months.

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 11: 18,06 €; budget after week 12: 18,06 €

I want to point out one mistake, that I made in my update last week. The budget after week 11 was 18,06 € and not 18,60 € as written in my last post.

On the 1€ level I played 4 tournaments and won 2x4€-tickets.

On the 2€ level I played 3 and didn’t won anything.

No DSO tickets won from the flips.

Ticket bankroll:

1066501543_Week12.png.4eea3a5ef94ba8877747d246b504468f.png

I have decided to go all the way long and complete all parts of the March missions. I completed part 4 and 5 this week. I played 3 HexaPros, all of them were x1,5, I won two, so no profit and no loss here. I used my cash bankroll for the Omaha Cash Game Part. I played 3 bounty tournaments, 2x5€ buy-in and 1x1€ buy-in. On Friday I was soo close to get my first MTT victory for the year… Still very satisfied with my second place, I won also 21,20€ from bounties.

406382276_Secondfinish.thumb.png.c31af0870adc68c163cc76c0c854b152.png

• Like 5

I have noticed that for me in some ways I probably play worse if I play fewer tables. It's harder to stay as focused/disciplined when you make less hands and get bored. Also "bad events" like getting coolered feel more significant (and tilt me more) if I have just one or two tables open, but if I have more they don't feel that bad because often I am up on another table and I am "still doing well on most tables". It's funny how that works psychologically XD.

It used to be hard for me to play many tables but now for cash games playing 4 tables feels very easy actually (now that I'm used to playing 4 tables of Hexa or 3 tables of HU). I always tile my tables though so in that way I can make a lot of my decisions even before it is my turn to act. Good luck at the tables!

• Like 3

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 12: 103,02 €; bankroll after week 13: 106,77 €

Using bonus points I played 8x1€ SNGs this week and won just one. After that I started using my actual money SNG bankroll for playing. I played 1x1€ SNG and finished 2nd. I have more than 100 € in my SNG bankroll, which means that I will start playing the 2€ SNGs. Since I record my results, I played 148x1€ SNGs, finished 45 times 1st, 21 times 2nd and my ROI is 18,8 %. I know the sample is extremely low, but it is nice to see, that I won something on this level xD.

I received 2€ SNG ticket after reaching 3000 challenge points. I used it, but I bubbled the tournament. I couldn’t cash the 2€ HexaPro ticket either.

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 12: 93,72 €; bankroll after week 13: 82,97 €

I didn’t receive a double trouble ticket. Part of my losses in the previous week were at Omaha, maybe this is the reason why. Or I just miscalculated my results…

I still played some cash game from the phone to kill 5-10 minutes, but this week I remained disciplined and respected my preflop strategy. I managed to play sessions (1-2 hours, 2-tabling per session). I lost lots of preflop all ins this week (KK<AA, KK<AA, AKs<Q8s, AQo<AQs, AKo<AKs; AKs<KK). This is of course normal and can happen, the problem is, that I blew almost 3 buy-ins after these hands, while playing on tilt. I also made few desperate river calls, despite knowing that I am behind. So I just need to keep following my preflop strategy, cut the stupid river calls, stop playing, when I am tilted and I will crush the limit :D. Sounds very easy, right?

I was also lucky enough to receive 200 bonus points from a Prize Drop.

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 12: 18,06 €; budget after week 13: 17,05 €

On the 1€ level I played 3 tournaments (1 rebuy with cash). I was close winning a ticket in all of them, but I didn’t succeed.

On the 2€ level I didn’t play any tournaments.

On Friday I played the Ian Simpson freeroll for 0,01 €, standard bust in a coin flip.

On Sunday I couldn’t win a ticket for the Magnus Open from the freeroll.

No DSO tickets won from the 6 flip tournaments, that I registered.

UO Ticket bankroll:

1575204727_Week13.png.cf0bbcd90fb70e099bdc7928f05743e7.png

MTT:

I add this section from this week on. I play MTTs rarely, because they last very long and I don’t have so much time to play them regularly. So far this year I payed 36,25 € buy-ins and add-ons (including 20 € for Magnus Open). I cashed 55,77 €, so my MTT bankroll is at 19,52 €. I also have tickets for both freerolls completing March missions and 5€-ticket and I should receive 1 ticket for Community Poker League, because I lasted more than Magnus yesterday xD.

In the spoiler you can see my key hands from Magnus Open. The bustout hand I didn’t screenshot. After almost four hours I was pretty tired, had a little less than average stack and gambled a bit. I wanted to double up and have a real shot for the juicy prizes. I had no interest in min cashnig. I busted 397th with AT making top pair on flop, c-betting, getting minraised and I went all in only to be snap called with AK ( the guy just called my preflop 2,5x bet, which I believe got me trapped).

hand1.thumb.png.4ea775b1ef0f676a1cce5c99a354cd0e.png3.thumb.png.0453a3c4845ec6e893979fe7acb01a0b.png4.thumb.png.89646c484e5a889650c56fbd6ac9410e.png5.thumb.png.826872986160322a67f3ac940ad47f3d.png6.thumb.png.68e1382c87bbcda11960867c8c8a89b5.png
  • Like 5

Evaluation of monthly goals: March 2020

• Satellite goal: play at least 30 Unibet Open qualifiers COMPLETED
    • I played 29 UO qualifiers, but I will give myself green check on this one, because I also played 1 DSO satellite and the Magnus Open satellite :D.
  • SNG challenge: play at least 20 SNGs COMPLETED
    • 29 SNGs played.
  • Study goal:
    • Review some interesting hands after finishing a tournament. PARTLY COMPLETED
    • Reread the first half of “Poker Satellite Strategy” and take notes (chapter 3-7) PARTLY COMPLETED
      • I just managed to finish chapter 3 and 4.
  • Cashgame goal: Reach 500 flops at NL4 COMPLETED
    • I reached 1565 flops combined in NL4, PL4 and Banzai 1 €.

New monthly goals: April 2020

• Satellite goal: collect 40x4€-tickets
    • This month the goal here is results oriented. I set 30.04.2020 as a deadline for me to collect this amount of tickets.
  • SNG challenge: play at least 20 SNGs
  • Study goal:
    • Review some interesting hands after finishing a tournament
    • Reread “Poker Satellite Strategy” and take notes (chapter 5-13)
  • Cashgame goal: Play at least 10 hours of cashgames (2-tabling) and finish all parts of the Moving On missions
  • Like 2

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 13: 106,77 €; bankroll after week 14: 107,60 €

I played 7x2€-SNG, won two and finished 2nd once. I also played 1x1€ HexaPro for the second part of April missions. I couldn’t win this one.

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 13: 82,97 €; bankroll after week 14: 104,88 €

A total profit of 21,91 € marks the best week (results oriented) at the cash game tables this year for me. 4€ of the profit was from a cash game ticket won from Moving On Part 1. On Saturday there was this huge whale on my table. He played every single hand, never did a single fold and raised only with two pair or better. He did at least 40 rebuys (always 2€). The action at the table was just someone against him. You can see that everybody at the table made huge profits for NL4.

whale.thumb.png.939439679d7437ad937bf4f66ba88c75.png

The next day I was again at one table against him. This time he was playing way much better, still easy to predict, but he folded most of his hands and again raised just two pairs or better. I lost one huge pot (13€) against him (set over set).

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 13: 17,05 €; budget after week 14: 17,04 €

On the 1€ level I played 1 tournament, on the 2€ level I played 3 tournaments. I couldn’t win any tickets. In my last 10 satellites I always lose with a flip. It is a bit unlucky for sure, but the fact that I am at this situation so often in a satellite is a mistake. Maybe part of the reason is because I play a lot of cash games the last few days and this flip situations are profitable there, but not in a satellite. I should take some time and finally reread Dara’s book to the end and then play again.

I also played both Ian Simpson’s tournaments (freeroll and centroll) on Sunday, but I couldn’t win anything.

No DSO tickets won from the 6 flip tournaments, that I registered.

UO Ticket bankroll:

1080232935_week14.png.12f4155c68d0b87cf712688f699b543b.png

MTT (bankroll 18,52 €):

I played both freerolls after completing the March missions. 1145/1857 in the 1000 € tournament, 945/1028 in the 3000 € tournament. I also played the Supernova Nano and finished out of the money.

• Like 4

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 14: 107,60 €; bankroll after week 15: 111,11 €

12x2€-SNGs this week. 2 wins and 5x 2nd. I am very satisfied with my play: when three handed I was almost always with the third stack and managed to cash in a lot of them. Starting HU 6/7 with less than 4000 chips is one of the main reasons, that I couldn’t win more SNGs. I was also unlucky in the HU, mostly getting the chips as a 70/30 or 60/40 favorite…

1x1€ SNG, finished 4/5.

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 14: 104,88 €; bankroll after week 15: 93,43 €

The second part of the Moving On missions requires play at NL10, which I don’t have the bankroll for. I decided to give it a try with 1 buy-in shot. The shot ended very quickly with my AKs losing to QQ. Overall I lost 11,45 €.

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 14: 17,04 €; budget after week 15: 17,04 €

I put volume in the 1€ UO satellites and played 12 of them. The week started in a perfect way: I won 2x4€ from the first 2x1€ tournaments, that I played. In the third one my QQ got destroyed by 33 (all in preflop). In the next one I was very card dead the whole tournament. I was in last position almost the entire time. I managed to double up with collecting the blinds and antes twice. After that I was still 10/10 with 8 places paid. I finished bubble boy after my A7s shove was called by the chip leader with AJ. In the next one my JJ ran into AA. After that I managed to win 4x4€-tickets from the next four tournaments. The streak ended with finishing 17/46, five places out of the money. I managed to win one more ticket from the next two tournaments. To sum up, I won 7 tickets of 12 attempts this week.

On the 2€-level I didn’t play any tournaments.

I won not just one, but two DSO tickets from the 6 flip tournaments, which I registered. I used 1 of them and won 1€-DSO-ticket.

UO Ticket bankroll:

1521763985_Week15.png.8d124275bad9a895286966896441f450.png

MTT (bankroll 23,66 €):

• Community Poker League (ticket buy-in): 29/62
  • 200 € Falling Star Bounty (5€-ticket buy-in): 11/77, no bounties, 3,79 € cash
  • Fireball (2€ buy-in): 3/10, 3,60 € cash
  • 10 € Gargle Blaster Nano: 20/100

The bustout hand from the last tournament: Preflop: Tark6 shoved, I reshoved and a “perfect” call with A6o, well played, sir…

1912795405_allinpreflopNanoGargle.thumb.png.3a2bda23fd58b051e350360b014c9450.png

• Like 4

Hello guys! It is time for my weekly update of my results in 2020. It was an awful week for me regarding my poker results. I took so many bad beats and basically I couldn’t win a single meaningful showdown, despite getting the money in as a 70/30, 80/20 favorite almost the entire time. 

SNG:

Starting bankroll: 50 €; bankroll after week 15: 111,11 €; bankroll after week 16: 100,28 €

I played 3x1€-SNG, won just one.

15x2€-SNGs, 2 wins, 2 other cashes.

Cash games:

Starting bankroll: 100 €; bankroll after week 15: 93,43 €; bankroll after week 16: 85,71 €

AK<AQ all in preflop; KK<AJ all in preflop; QQ<AK all in preflop; AQ<QJ all in on Q high rainbow flop, J on the turn; 88<66 all in on 78T flop, 9 on the river and I won AA>KK all in preflop. I didn’t take any screenshots, but all pots were like 6-8 Euros.

Satellites:

Starting Budget: 30 €: budget after week 15: 17,04 €; budget after week 16: 17,04 €

I played 7x1€ UO satellites and won 2x4€-ticket. Here I messed it up in one tournament, the other 4 were bad beats...    

On the 2€-level I didn’t play any tournaments.

I couldn’t turn my 0,30 € DSO ticket (won last week) into 1€ DSO ticket, but I managed to turn my 1€ in a 4€ DSO ticket. 0/4 this week in the freerolls.

UO Ticket bankroll:

1048107513_Week16.png.b5eddb4a0fe60f5b8e5d35f7a2635c53.png

MTT (bankroll 18,66 €):

I played 5xQualifier to 5€ Ticket, won just 1, used it and my AKs got destroyed from a A7o all in preflop. In the 3000€ UOS Freeroll my AKs lost to QQ (standard flip).

• Like 4