cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 11
Rank 11

@Groggy you could well be right about that. I am afraid though that if that´s the case it´s more sensible for me to just stick with hypers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

@Dennis__ wrote:

I agree with everything you said except one thing

Spoiler
that AA vs 44 hand was actually a 1 outer

Haha yeah, that''s why I suck at poker Rofl 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 11
Rank 11

I'd agree with @Groggy and add that the ability to max exploit the worst regs, and good heads up play is where there's some of the biggest edges.

Highlighted
Rank 11
Rank 11

Finished my week on party. Tomorrow is a rest day. I think I ran quite hot today and yesterday but I didn´t check the roll so don´t know for sure.

Plan is to play on party until probably Friday next week, then aim for a mincash on the leaderboard here the remaining two days of the week.

The SNG scene has been seeing some unexpected and mostly negative changes in the recent past, so I will not be planning any further for the momentWink

Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15

Nice that you ran hot!

It might be more efficient to mincash by playing early weekdays, because the higher stakes run better then, than when the leaderboard is almost finisihed (unless you have good reason from other sites to structure your scheduling in this way, or maybe there are slightly more fish on weekends, idk). Of course during the weekend you have a better idea of how many points it takes on the leaderboard to mincash, but it's probably possible to figure out from previous weeks leaderboards too.

What negative changes are the SNGs facing?

Highlighted
Rank 11
Rank 11

@CuteRaven that´s a good point, but it probably will have a higher EV for me to play on party first as they will change the daily leaderboard on Wednesday.

That´s one of the negative changes. The leaderboard over there is going to worsen and it has been announced that it might disappear completely if certain targets aren´t going to be hit. What exactly that would mean for SNG players is unknowable at this point in time, but it will most certainly not be very good.

Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15

That's a shame. Seems that these 6 max type SNGs have been going down hill for a while. I have heard that some good players on some sites have moved way down in stakes because the higher stakes no longer run. Do you know what the highest stakes are for these that run on any site?

Highlighted
Rank 11
Rank 11

the vast majority of the action is happening on party and that only because they are effectively paying regs to pay, as @monkeyheaven has pointed out.

Highest stakes are 1ks, but there isn´t much going on beyond 200s really. 50s and 20s, the stakes I play, get a decent amount of volume but the situation remains very fragile. If they remove the daily leaderboards then the volume is most likely going to crash as well.

Highlighted
Rank 15
Rank 15

Ok, so not even that much higher stakes are being played compared to Unibet!

Pay to play is a funny concept, probably it's hard for it to be sustainable long term for the poker room when collecting so little rake.