Dennis´ Poker Blog

Dennis_

@Legend_Kileer 

I used to play about 70 per day on Unibet. Now I play 100 hypers per day on party.

Poker has been a bit nicer to me recently. I am still not running particularly hot but at least I am writing positive numbers.

In other news: Several years worth of chess analysis have suddenly gone missing from my laptop. I cannot for the life of me think of the how. Happy days, init?

• Like 2

@CuteRaven 

I usually play quite a few chess torunaments but whenever there is a huge global pandemic and everyone is confined to their homes I tend not to. Onlinechess it is for now.

I have all my analysis saved an another laptop so that´s not the end of the world. The real problem is that I had all of it in a program that was designed to help people remember chess positions by giving them values based on the spaced repetition concept (worth looking up). If those are lost that means I have to put a lot of effort into creating new ones, which is tedious and unnecessary. What strives me most though is how data can just disappear like that from a laptop...

• Like 1

What?? You are letting a mere pandemic stop you? It didn't stop the candidates tournament from starting.

Interesting, I have never heard of spaced repetition before. Did you have some sort of tactics trainer or endgame analysis that used spaced repetition or what sort of positions were you trying to remember? I dunno how the data can dissapear like that. Is there other stuff that got deleted, or just the chess analysis?

• Like 1

94369405_Screenshot(1388).thumb.png.f7772800578da706c44e7bf48a90c7f5.png

I hope it´s ok if I post results from another site here. After all I will be back playing some HUs on Unibet sometime in the near future, because I still need a flop with at least two 7s to clear the next rakeback step 😛

What is even better is that I managed to retrieve my chess analysis. No idea what went wrong in the first place and what exactly I did to get them back, but, they are back👍

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Poker:

I have been playing almost exclusively on the other site these past two weeks. The swings are ridiculous, but it hasn´t been going all wrong. 

998841934_Screenshot(1614).thumb.png.59ff1d629c0b424de3b18ca7cfd1745c.png

Unibet:

I bought some 4€ HUSNG tickets with my remaining Bonus Points. Played 8, won 3. Still 1.000 Challenge points to go until the next rakeback batch of 15€ but at least I finished this silly ´get a flop with at least two sevens´ challenge.

Chess:

I have almost exclusively been memorizing my opening lines as part of my chess training. Not much else to say.

Languages:

The motivation is up like never before. I spend the first hour before getting out of bed with studying vocabulary every day, both French and Welsh. In addition, I work my way through the Welsh Wikipedia, listen to Welsh Radio or watch the France24 newsstream quite frequently. However, fluency (in understanding) still hasn´t decided to show up yet.

Lifestyle:

About a month ago I made the decision to go from vegetarian to full vegan for ethical reasons. And recently I decided to cut down on soya products in favour of more fruit and vegetables. I am also keeping up with the running every second day. Never felt better.

• Like 6

Hello Dennis!

This new sng format seems to be a massive swingy marathon. HEHE :-) but i can see you are crushing! WP!

If you are Playing 100 SNGs per day.. how much RB you earn in a month?

I can't choice between DONs on PP and SNG on Unibet. Love them both and the MTT's on Unibet are the best :-)

Greetz from Germany to a "former" german ;-D

• Like 1

Hi @ITSMEOKAY 

I play about 250 SNGs for 3 days a week. I get 25% in direct Rakeback plus typically 100$ on the leaderboard on the days I play, totalling to over 100% :atisfied:

If you play 100 SNGs a day it will be less, maybe 50% to 70%?!

Greetings back to Germany

• Like 2

hyper sng are brutal variace is sick need to get some volyme in...

kind of new here at UB and starting to grind some after a break.. but i must say the games here at unibet are really soft..

Nice to read blog from a sng grinder... 

was a turbo sng grinder before and playe around 50k of them on other network but that was a while ago but must say unibets playerpool makes it feels like the god old days =) 

• Like 2

Poker:

2110089605_Screenshot(1759).thumb.png.8fe06fc372857cb5c2aeb97e9fcd2117.png

Ups and downs as always, can´t complain when looking at the total.

Unibet

Didn´t play on Unibet at all with the exception of the Magnus Carlsen Open. I was lucky enough to find myself on the left side of Magnus Carlsen, busted him after several minutes. He made a rebuy but soon I had him at risk again. Unfortunately, KK < AKs happened, so no chess board for Dennis. Damn you, @Magnus_Carlsen 

1842764516_Screenshot(1681).thumb.png.1a1a174cbee6f937600c41fdc87da781.png1790122871_Screenshot(1683).thumb.png.d9e19bf9afba3ed9e7b10e6e1afc16db.png

Meanwhile, my account was frozen because I couldn´t prove my old German address. This turns out to be a real ordeal as I haven´t got any documents that Unibet will accept:geek:

Chess:

Still busy memorizing my opening lines.

Languages:

I have learned about 150 new Welsh words since the last update which helps me to understand an estimated 5% more than I used to before. The plan is to learn a lot more in the weeks to come. My French efforts have been rather minimalistic.

Lifestyle:

I am keeping up with the running and am discovering all sorts of plant-based dishes almost on a daily basis!

• Like 2

Hello Dennis,

do you think your switch to PP was a good desiscion? Could you play more profitable in PP with the rakeback? How much rakeback you earned on Unibet? 

Sometimes i play the DoN's on PP but i love Unibet way too much.. but i hate to play so many sng's with no leaderboard and sometimes i have no idea how much RB i get :-) 

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, you certainly discover a lot of new ways to make food if you go vegetarian/vegan. I made the same transition a few years ago (I'm a vegetarian nowadays mostly although rarely I still eat fish). Hopefully poker has been going well recently for you!

This is Dennis_. The real Dennis_. After verifying my documents my German account was closed completely, so I had to open a new one. 

Unfortunately, I recently hit a really nasty downswing, losing 1.200€ in a single day and losing even more in the next sessions. I have won a little bit back since but my motivation is rather demolished. I won´t post a graph, but to those interested you can look up "Dennis_" on sharkscope and see for yourself.

I will probably end this blog here, as I am no longer playing on Unibet at all and posting results from other sites just doesn´t feel right. I am still reading some things here and there in this forum.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

U still play m8?

Sorry to hear about getting scammed, and by Brocky of all people :/. Asking to get staked for stakes as low as 50 euros sounds a bit sus to me when a good player could just build their bankroll, but easy to say in retrospect of course.

Hopefully you are doing well otherwise!

• Like 1

Given the new SNG promotion I have decided that I will switch some of my action back here. A rival site has announced a great promotion at the same time, so my decision has been as follows: double volume for the next 6 weeks, then taking rest of the year off!! Sounds crazy, probably is, we´ll see. I think it is only fair if I don´t talk about the rival site so this thread will probably remain silent until the promotion starts on 5th October. After that I will try to give daily updates. Cheers

• Like 5

GL! Sounds ambitious with your current volume. I have considered playing them during the promo, but unless I can figure out how to tile over 4 tables without Windows os and how to play ICM spots in that time, I will probably skip it.

I guess one option is to buy some cheapest POS used Windows laptop exclusively for poker and maybe get ICMizer but it seems a bit wasteful :p

• Like 1

@CuteRaven 

I have been studying 6 max hyper spots all year. 5 max with the same payout is basically the same thing. I still don´t think I am great at the format. Of course I don´t know how soft the games will be but getting to a reasonable level in 2 weeks is rather unrealistic in my opinion

@LeVsKaRa thanks. Definitely looking forward to the start of the promotion

• Like 2