Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rank 7
Rank 7

Yeah, I doubt a loose passive player would bet the river anything less than flush in this spot tbh, and someone aggresive would bet more than half pot or exactly your stack size.

Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

@CuteRaven @CasuallyAwesome 

I agree with both of you. He just has too many good hands here, the fact that he is loose/passive just makes it worse.

I did fold. I also folded two other pocket aces yesterdayDisappointed

Highlighted
Rank 7
Rank 7

Keep posting and hands, tbh this is getting to be one of the more interesting threads on this forum Smile

Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

25€ 5 Max ROI after 1606 games: -0,2%

25€ Headsup ROI after 956 games: -1,8%

There we are, writing negative numbers again. It seemed like a decent session for a while but it shifted over. Suddenly all my shoves got called by dominating hands and I wouldn´t win flips anymore. Let´s jump to the rants, shall we?

Allin on the flopAllin on the flopwhen you think people would apply some general ICM understanding...they don´twhen you think people would apply some general ICM understanding...they don´tAllin preflopAllin preflopAllin on the flopAllin on the flopAllin preflopAllin preflopAllin on the turnAllin on the turnAllin preflopAllin preflop

Rank 14
Rank 14

25€ 5 Max ROI after 1650 games: -0,9%

45 minutes worth of studying every day just doesn´t seem to be enough to beat games full of donks and regs that have massive leaks. This was an exact rendition of what I am used to once again. Hopefully this downswing isn´t going into the second round...

First a short demonstration of the level of play today:

Villain called a sizeable raise on the riverVillain called a sizeable raise on the riverVillain called my openraise and then mindonked every streetVillain called my openraise and then mindonked every street

and now the rants:

10 minutes into the session10 minutes into the sessionwhenever I have AQ they ALWAYS have AKwhenever I have AQ they ALWAYS have AKIs it morally justified to hate someone for winning every flip?Is it morally justified to hate someone for winning every flip?Allin on the turnAllin on the turnAllin preflopAllin preflopreally?!?!really?!?!he is taking me out...againhe is taking me out...againnever holdingnever holdingnot a beat but a demonstration how standard spots always end up in disaster. I shoved preflopnot a beat but a demonstration how standard spots always end up in disaster. I shoved preflop

And finally two subsequent hands that I thought were rather funny:

Screenshot (903).pngexactly one hand laterexactly one hand later

Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

I had three 3-barrel bluffs called by bottom pair/no kicker. Quite possibly tilted by that I called this hand down. What do you think? Is there some justification of my play? What do you think of his play?

He limps, I check. He bets every street about half potHe limps, I check. He bets every street about half pot

Highlighted
Rank 12
Rank 12

Maybe if you had a strong read that villain raised all/most Ax and Kx pre or that villain valuebets worse then you could justify the calldown. Otherwise I don't really like the calldown. You block 78 too. Interesting bets by villain there. Does he think that you are a calling station, or maybe he thinks you would raise most Ax and Kx pre against a limp preflop and he might get value from worse? Or maybe they are just a fish that overvalued their hand?

For some reason I find those minbet triple barrel leads with bottom pair are extra tilting even though I should be happy when my opponents use a strategy like that Rofl

0 Likes
Highlighted
Rank 14
Rank 14

25€ 5 Max ROI after 1673 games: -1,1%

I cannot take it anymore. I have officially lost all confidence in my play. The only thing that cheers me up a little bit is the fact that a not so great reg and a terrible reg seem to be making a living on my stakes, so why not me? But maybe I am indeed just an awful player?

Anyway I´ve had it for this quarter. I will take some time off of poker until april 1st, excluding the Magnus Open and whatever it takes to earn the remaining 100 Challengepoints to finish the month with 400.000 Challenge points. I will reevaluate my play and likely drop down to 10s for a while to rebuild my confidence. 

I will be back with a resumee and some goals going into the future as soon as the rage wears off

Highlighted
Rank 12
Rank 12

Shame :/. But I think it's certainly a good decision to move down in that case, I don't think it is possible to play well if you are not confident.

Hopefully you are able to figure out what things you are doing wrong when playing (if anything). You seem to do a lot of studying. How do you study, could you improve that in some way? Do you study enough of both preflop and postflop? Do you pay enough attention to opponents? Do you adjust shoving ranges enough against fish who don't care about ICM? How many tables do you play? I guess these are all some things that could affect play.

For postflop I have recently been watching some of Pluribuses play (a poker artificial intelligence) and some of the solver analysis videos on Youtube mostly for inspiration on new things that I could try and to see what kinds of things I'm possibly doing wrong.

But anyway, you could still be a good player on a downswing, especially with the amount of bad beats you post. With your sample you are still within a 95% confidence interval of having about 4% or 5% ROI. You don't seem like an awful player by any strech and you are playing in a seemingly tough field. And in the end I don't play 5 man SnG and am not really a pro either so what do I know Very Happy

GL and enjoy your days off!

Highlighted
Rank 12
Rank 12

Terrible swearword I had in my post LMAOTerrible swearword I had in my post LMAO

0 Likes