Dennis´ Poker Blog

Dennis_

25€ HUSNG. Effective Stack 17BB. Villain minraises the BU to 2 BB. Hero has 99 and raises to 5 BB, Villain calls. Flop is 65Tr. Hero bets 3,5 BB, Villain calls. Turn is 6h. Hero checks, Villain bets 6 BB. Hero?1658564742_thehand.thumb.png.1b1359b583e487c190f777b2032bed07.png6x has overtaken me. Tx beats me on the Flop already. 5x probably checks behind. The only thing I beat is a random Float. What are your thoughts?

Oh and I played 5 HUSNGs and lost all 5 of them...time to go to bed

• Like 4

It's a bit of a tough spot but I would probably end up calling against most players. It's about a half pot bet (well, slightly less but if you call you are pot commited pretty much) so you only need to be right 25% of the time. The flop bet was also pretty tiny so villain could have some floats maybe (like A high with backdoor FD or a good kicker that did not 4bet pre). The problem is you block heart flushdraws that barrel, some club backdoor FD floats, 79, 89 and A9 that villain might have (depending on how villain plays) but you might still be pretty high up in your range if you bet the flop a lot.

But depends on the opponent as well. If it seems like someone tight or ABC that never floats or never bluffs air (and never bets a 5 like some players...) then you can fold of course. It might also be worth playing a check or all in strategy on the flop because it's a bit akward when you get raised all in for such a small amount. But if your opponent raises very rarely then it's quite good I guess.

Anyway, those are my thoughts but I could definately be wrong about some things.

• Like 1

The words haven´t been invented yet that would describe today´s session. I was just bleeding money for three hours straight. This was probably the single most ridiculous session I had since joining Unibet.

10€ ROI is 6,5% after 1036 games.

25€ ROI is -10,6% after 131 games.

I have only lost 250€ since moving up to the 25€s (feels like 800€) so I should probably be happy. The tables were even softer than usual today

• Like 2

Btw I think I recognise Y_Dafad from somewhere. Maybe you played me in a 4€ HU SnG or something a few times last summer when I was playing those games (with my bankroll of about 100€ or slightly more, completely underrolled, of course :D)? Or maybe not but I have definately seen it before.

Finally a winning session today. I noticed that two of the regs who don´t change their name were missing today. This made the games significantly softer but also much less frequent. I only got to play a handful of 25€s. 

I will start studying PLO tomorrow. I used to play PLO as my main game some years ago so it shouldn´t take too long to get back into it. The future of SNGs is rather dim I´m afraid.

10€ ROI after 1089 games: 7,2%

25€ ROI after 140 games: -5%

• Like 2

I had planned to finish the session early today and study PLO but 25€s were running in mass so I decided to do overtime instead. I flipped horribly though. Nevertheless I managed to at least cut the losses at 25€ at the price of getting destroyed even more at the 10€s.

10€ ROI after 1134 games: 6,4%

25€ ROI after 214 games: -3,8%

Here is the hand of the day: 

BU 21,5BB

SB 11,6BB

BB (me) 0,1BB

Allin preflop

2119836510_Screenshot(507).thumb.png.df4005167eac4732ae442e4b90b85419.png

• Like 5

Crushed beyond what I am going to take. The downswing has now taken over on the 10€s as well. I can´t say how much is bad play and how much is bad luck but things just seem to be going wrong in principle.

10€ ROI after 1162 games: 5,6%

25€ ROI after 228 games: -6,2%

I had -5% in the HUSNGs for 500 games so I probably shouldn´t be too worried

• Like 1

repair session today. I am only one BI down on the 25€s now. 10€s didn´t run so well but at least it didn´t get much worse. I scored about breakeven in the three 50€s that ran today.

10€ ROI after 1195 games: 5,3%

25€ ROI after 256 games: -0,4%

• Like 3

@FreedoM 

It really depends. There are days when it is hard to get even one 25€ table and others when 8 tables are easily possible. 50€s and 100€s don´t run at all on most days but if they do then the same people usually play more than one. There were six 50€s and one 100€ today. I guess a regular playerpool of 3 or 4 would get the games running much more frequent but for some reason hardly any 25€ regs seem to be willing to play them.

On the flip side though there is a plethora of recs at the moment. I could coun two Whales, one Recreational/bad reg and one good reg in most of the games.  I would even go so far as to say 50€s are softer than 25€s at the moment

Edit: In my my experience you can play about 1,5 SNGs per table and hour on average but maybe Unibet has better statistics about this?! 

@RayL or whoever would be responsible for this

• Like 4

1581062979_checkbehind.thumb.png.b69e307716f25755c9d8b1945cd2cd38.pngWhenever there is a possibility for me to take 3rd place Unibet will find a way to make it happen. I am the shortstack and the other two players are Allin against each other? The midstack wins...again. 

Anyway I only lost one stack on 25€ and won a little bit on 10€.

10€ ROI after 1225 games: 6,1%

25€ ROI after 281 games: -0,83%

• Like 2

10€ ROI after 1250 games: 6%

25€ ROI after 306 games: 0,9%

Finally a positive number but there was just so much more potential today. I kept running into aces while my own aces got cracked or had to fold at some point half the time. The same bad reg repeatedly busted me by dominating me/ winning flips/ winning with dominated hands. Everytime I do pot control the opponents overtake me etc...

Busted with KK against JJ in a 50€ but ran ever so hot in a 100€ and won it. I shouldn´t be complaining. Furthermore I reached 150.000 Challengepoints which means Rakeback is going up from now on.

• Like 5