Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dennis_ Rank 11
Rank 11

Another early quit for the same reasons as yesterday. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong. All my Bluff 3-bets got 4bet, all my postflop bluffs got called down. I lost every significant Allin. When I was down to 1 BB I won the next 8 Allins and still bubbled. I busted several times going into the bubble as the bigstack...

I am overexaggerating a little bit of course. I thought my mindset was strong but it is in fact rather horrible. Definitely something I have to work on. I think the main problem is that I have no data from the past confirming that I am a winning player on the 25€s, leaving me with the theoretical possibility of beeing a losing player. Given the fact that I have spottet some leaks in even some of the reg´s game I don´t really think that but I have been wrong about this sort of thing in the past.

Highlighted
Brocky Rank 19
Rank 19

@Dennis_ wrote:

Another early quit for the same reasons as yesterday. Pretty much everything that could go wrong went wrong. All my Bluff 3-bets got 4bet, all my postflop bluffs got called down. I lost every significant Allin. When I was down to 1 BB I won the next 8 Allins and still bubbled. I busted several times going into the bubble as the bigstack...

I am overexaggerating a little bit of course. I thought my mindset was strong but it is in fact rather horrible. Definitely something I have to work on. I think the main problem is that I have no data from the past confirming that I am a winning player on the 25€s, leaving me with the theoretical possibility of beeing a losing player. Given the fact that I have spottet some leaks in even some of the reg´s game I don´t really think that but I have been wrong about this sort of thing in the past.

They're literally the worst sessions because you feel so helpless.  How many €25 5 mans do you reckon run per evening that have at least 1 rec in?  I've played a fair few of them before but I always get bored waiting for 9 tables to fill up so always just move my action elsewhere.

Highlighted
Dennis_ Rank 11
Rank 11

Not a great day again. Lost at a similar rate as yesterday on the 25€s. Total ROI is something like -7,5% after 111 games.

10€s were a bit better. Total ROI there is 7,3% after 1005 games.

In any case I am satisfied with my play. 

@Brocky I typically get 2 to 6 tables running simultaneously and fill the rest up with 10€s. In the long run I want to leave the 10€s behind for good though. I might fill up with HU or PLO then but first of all I have to stand through the current events. It´s hard to say how soft the tables are exactly due to the possibility of name change but I would assume that few tables kick off with less than two recreationals (25€s). I am pretty sure that the regs can be beaten beyong rake aswell.

Highlighted
CuteRaven Rank 10
Rank 10

Good luck and hopefully you can turn the downswing around! I would imagine at stakes like that where edges are small having a good mindset and feeling sharp can even make the difference between playing +EV and playing -EV? Especially at something as tilting as Sit n Goes Laugh

Highlighted
Dennis_ Rank 11
Rank 11

thank you for your kind words.

A weak mindset could easily decrease your ROI significantly. I don´t think it necessarily makes the difference between winning and losing though. Unless you are a huge Tiltmonkey of course Laugh

0 Likes
Dennis_ Rank 11
Rank 11

25€ HUSNG. Effective Stack 17BB. Villain minraises the BU to 2 BB. Hero has 99 and raises to 5 BB, Villain calls. Flop is 65Tr. Hero bets 3,5 BB, Villain calls. Turn is 6h. Hero checks, Villain bets 6 BB. Hero?the hand.png6x has overtaken me. Tx beats me on the Flop already. 5x probably checks behind. The only thing I beat is a random Float. What are your thoughts?

Oh and I played 5 HUSNGs and lost all 5 of them...time to go to bed

Highlighted
CuteRaven Rank 10
Rank 10

It's a bit of a tough spot but I would probably end up calling against most players. It's about a half pot bet (well, slightly less but if you call you are pot commited pretty much) so you only need to be right 25% of the time. The flop bet was also pretty tiny so villain could have some floats maybe (like A high with backdoor FD or a good kicker that did not 4bet pre). The problem is you block heart flushdraws that barrel, some club backdoor FD floats, 79, 89 and A9 that villain might have (depending on how villain plays) but you might still be pretty high up in your range if you bet the flop a lot.

But depends on the opponent as well. If it seems like someone tight or ABC that never floats or never bluffs air (and never bets a 5 like some players...) then you can fold of course. It might also be worth playing a check or all in strategy on the flop because it's a bit akward when you get raised all in for such a small amount. But if your opponent raises very rarely then it's quite good I guess.

Anyway, those are my thoughts but I could definately be wrong about some things.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Dennis_ Rank 11
Rank 11

The words haven´t been invented yet that would describe today´s session. I was just bleeding money for three hours straight. This was probably the single most ridiculous session I had since joining Unibet.

10€ ROI is 6,5% after 1036 games.

25€ ROI is -10,6% after 131 games.

I have only lost 250€ since moving up to the 25€s (feels like 800€) so I should probably be happy. The tables were even softer than usual today

Highlighted
Brocky Rank 19
Rank 19
That 99 hand is butchered but given you play the same games as me it’d be silly of me to tell you how I’d play it 😉
Highlighted
Dennis_ Rank 11
Rank 11

That´s not exactly a very nice thing to do. Telling people they misplayed a hand and then stopping right there.