Cuteraven poker stuff

CuteRaven

I played some more 25€ HU SnGs after the last post and got my bankroll back to 2164.01€

Here's a fun hand. Villain had 3bet almost every hand preflop against my open raises so they seemed pretty aggro so far before the hand. Villain fired three barrels acting almost instantly on each street (flop half pot, turn half pot, river 3/4 pot):

*** Seated players ***
Seat 1: Hero (865)
Seat 2: Villain (1135)
*** Blinds and button ***
Villain has the button
Villain posts small blind 15
Hero posts big blind 30
*** Hole cards ***
Dealt to Hero [Ac 9d]
Dealt to Villain [8h Tc]
*** Preflop ***
Villain raises 45 to 60
Hero calls 30
*** Flop *** [Qc Qd 7h]
Hero checks
Villain bets 60
Hero calls 60
*** Turn *** [Qc Qd 7h] [6s]
Hero checks
Villain bets 120
Hero calls 120
*** River *** [Qc Qd 7h] [6s] [2s]
Hero checks
Villain bets 360
Hero calls 360
*** Showdown ***
Hero shows [Ac 9d], A Pair of Queens with an Ace kicker
Villain shows [8h Tc], A Pair of Queens with a Ten kicker
Hero wins 1200

Basically I made one of those "I don't believe you" calls. No great blockers or anything 🤣

@CuteRavenHaha, the board was decent enough to do it, although it would be a huge cringe if he would of showed up with something random like K2s hah. If he would of started betting more on the river then I wouldn't be sure about the river call tbh.

Maybe we should do some kind of study group, I've moved up to the 10's focusing on HUs exclusively :) It's furstrating how hard it is to pull hand histories and analyse them on Unibet..

Thanks for the opinions @CasuallyAwesome @Dennis_ 

Yeah, Dennis is probably correct about going all in pre. This website has some preflop solutions https://www.pokersites.io/heads-up-hyper-pre-flop-charts/ and the solver is doing the same with hands like offsuit aces that have a lot of raw equity and good blocker properties but bad playability out of position post flop. You are not in great shape when called but you also get many folds. However against opponents like this I often like to take my postflop edge instead of taking the high variance route that makes me a bit of money. Although I guess you could argue that playing post flop like this is pretty high variance anyway

Yeah I was slightly worried about being bluffed by a better hand. I might have even called a bigger river bet tbh because this opponent seemed crazy enough. Of course it would be very risky and I would feel pretty stupid if I was wrong.

Yeah the hand replayer (at least on the browser version) is completely useless. I have considered making a python script that would convert the hand histories into pokerstars format so that hand replayer websites would recognise them but I couldn't be bothered to do it :Rofl:

Interesting idea about the study group. Maybe it could be good

• Like 1

@CuteRavenAhh I actually have a python script that does 80% of the job, probably. I initially played on a different website that accepts only UK players ( hint hint ) which has the same kind of problem. I wrote the python script that converts those hand histories to Stars format and was at the stage where I was debugging it (the hand summary at the end is tricky to get right). I kinda stopped after I moved platform, but I can share it if you wanna finish the work haha.

Interesting ranges, although they don't include All ins.

Bankroll is 2065.51€

I had just a short session playing some 10€ Hexas and HU 25€ and 50€.

I broke even at the other game types but lost at 25€ HU. The reason my session was short was because I started getting really annoyed at how I was running. I don't know how I managed not to break something 🤣 For whatever reason the HU games were pretty quiet today also.

@CasuallyAwesome I just limp more against triggerhappy opponents (against some I limp 100%) and raise more versus tight passive players. Limping strong hands sometimes seems to work quite well in practice against many opponents. And the python script would be cool to see

• Like 1

Bankroll is now 2251.51€

Had a good session this evening. I realized that being more methodical about bluffing frequencies and making sure I don't go too much into autopilot really helps my game. I felt like I had a big edge on all my opponents this evening. Also playing only two tables is wayyy too tilting so I think I will make sure to play at least three in the future.

I haven't had any huge downswings recently so I guess I should be quite happy. In the end I have been able to almost 10x the size of my bankroll in about a month so I guess I must have been running pretty good at least. Slowly it's starting to feel like I'm actually playing for a lot of money every time I play some poker. It's not that significant yet but it's a bit strange to think that if I ever reach higher stakes (somewhere around 50 and 100 euro SnGs) the daily swings could start surpassing the size of my rent.

Did some grilling today with two friends since the weather was nice. 

• Like 5

Bankroll is now 1999.01€

Today I experienced pretty bad runbad (I was playing 25€ HU SnG). Before today I had gotten my bankroll up to about 2400€ but today it was all downhill. I had a flush vs full house twice, trips vs flush at least twice, trips vs straight once and I lost 75% of my all ins. Somehow I didn't get too tilted despite mostly getting owned on all three tables I was playing, I don't know how it is possible 🤣 I was pretty happy with my play overall despite a few mistakes, but I don't think I made many mistakes. And basically all my opponents were regs

There was a pot where I just called a second barrel with trips when the third spade came in on the river because I didn't think villain would be valuebetting a wide enough range (and they had a flush). It was about 15 BB deep and villain was a reg I had faced many times:

*** Blinds and button ***
villain has the button
villain posts small blind 30
hero posts big blind 60
*** Hole cards ***
Dealt to hero [7s 8d]
Dealt to villain [3s Ts]
*** Preflop ***
villain calls 30
hero checks
*** Flop *** [4s 8h Jh]
hero checks
villain checks
*** Turn *** [4s 8h Jh] [As]
hero checks
villain bets 90
hero calls 90
*** River *** [4s 8h Jh] [As] [8s]
hero checks
villain bets 300
hero calls 300
*** Showdown ***
villain shows [3s Ts], A Flush
hero shows [7s 8d], Three of a kind, Eights
villain wins 900
*** Summary ***
Total pot 900
Seat 1: villain: bet 450 and won 900, net result: 450
Seat 2: hero: bet 450 and won 0, net result: -450

Most of the regs seem pretty tight if they fire anything more than one bet. One of the minority of games that I was lucky enough to win was the one game against @Dennis_ 

• Like 4

Think Unibet turned on doomswitch for people grinding, also went on a 10 bi downswing a level down similarly. Not much to do on the hand with trips tbh, although i've noticed that pot bets are usually strong value bets, when they come from people that rarely pot bet. But I don't think you can ever fold there..

• Like 1

Breakevenish session today. Bankroll is 1960.41€, I didn't run great in all ins. I'm pretty satisfied with my play, though I started feeling mildly drunk despite drinking beer that is meant to have <0.5% alcohol. I don't know if it just me being tired or some weird placebo or if they forgot to remove the alcohol at the factory 🤣 Anyway I feel like my play has been generally improving so I feel like I'm making progress despite the breakeven strech and downswings recently.

@CasuallyAwesomeI agree, it's a bit too tight to fold here. I think some players would still bet Ax here (and even tight regs would bet trips if they take this line) and against players who would bet Ax you could still maybe raise. But I think the general population tendency meta for tight regs goes something like this: tight regs underbluff -> other regs overfold in response -> thin valuebets become less profitable for tight regs because of this -> tight regs don't valuebet thin. Hopefully you can turn the downsing around!

And hopefully everyone has enjoyed theier easter time! :happy:

• Like 3

Bankroll is now 2247.11€. In the early afternoon I played a few 25€ HU SnGs and ran well, won around 100€ while 3 tabling for maybe 30 minutes. Now in the evening the HU lobbies seemed pretty quiet, so I 4 tabled some Hexapros and won the rest of my money there (I won two 100€ prize pool Hexas so that helped a lot).

Yesterday I didn't play because I was really tired from my attempt at rectifying my sleep schedule. Basically I was still awake around 8 am and the sun was shining outside and I thought it's pretty bad to go to sleep at a time like this so I just stayed up until the evening. I'll try to maintain some better schedule from now on, maybe something realistic like 3 am to 11 am (I know, such an early bird) and try to stick to it.

Thanks @Soljanov ! Good luck to you too. Almost certainly we have played each other a lot. I change my nicks maybe about once every 3 or 4 days on average. Probably I should change them even more frequently.  I can pm you some of the nicks that I used in the recent past if you want to know. Torilla tavataan! Are you from Finland too?

• Like 2

Thanks @UAC 😃! Yeah I'm really happy with my results so far, at the start of this blog I expected to get to 1000€ (though optimistically I hoped for more) by this time if I was lucky. I enjoy the volume that I can get in with HU and Hexas, and I also enjoy the exiting ICMless shorthanded play of these gametypes where you really have to try and figure out your opponents. Even though they (especially Hexas) have a lot of variance.

Bankroll is now 2286.11€. I played some HU SNGs and Hexapros. At first I was running reasonably well. Then now when I played in the evening I ran badly against some fish at the 25€ HU streets. Some of them were just running like god against me and making some ridiculous plays. I was playing against a villain that was unknown (first game vs them) and I decided to bluff a logical bluff candidate. They call me down with 43 for bottom pair of fours after three barrels. I decide right, guess who will almost never get bluffed again. In the next game that I play against the same opponent, I play a single raised pot that was checked down until the river (about 25 bigs effective). On the river I make the best straight with QT on J98xx, and there are three diamonds on the board after the river card (I also have one diamond in my hand). I bet the river out of position, my opponent jams and shows AK of diamonds after I snap call.

Many of these #¤&%ing fish opponents never bluff, and I felt like an idiot calling some hands that are supposed to be very easy calls, but I pretty much knew I was going to lose and could predict what hand they have 90% of the time. The following hand is a good example of this. I limped AJ offsuit with about 10 bigs effective against an opponent who shoves really aggro vs a limp. They check back. Flop comes 556 rainbow, check check. Turn comes an ace. I call a 3/4 pot bet. River is a T or something like that and I'm facing another 3/4 pot bet. I know that villain would jam any ace pre and check any 6 on the river and that they almost certainly never bluff (based on play so far). So I thought they were only ever betting 5x. I cringe before calling and villain had 56. It feels so stupid to fold AJ there on the river but maybe I should do it?

There was another hand where I had AA in position in a single raised pot. I bet flop and turn and villain calls. On the river they jam into me for about a pot sized bet when the third diamonds comes in. The runout is otherwise dryish (I think there were two straights available), unpaired and jack high if I remeber correctly. I have one diamond in my hand. I think I almost never see people do that without actually having a flush, yet I call like an idiot and they had a flush of course. That one I probably should have at least folded.

There were a couple more of similar super frustrating situations but those were the worst that I remember 🤣.

I was tilting super hard but I think I generally played pretty well regardless. And I made a profit on the day somehow so I guess I can't be too mad.

• Like 3

@Dennis_  Yeah, sometimes what I do in those kinds of hands is that I tank down to almost the end of my timebank and usually then end up calling. Sometimes it's partially out of spite just to let my opponent know I'm considering folding with the hand I have 😏 Probably a bad habit I should get rid of...

Congrats on the win and good luck at the tables! I imagine 6 max hypers are a pretty tilty gametype in general with the variance there.

• Like 1