Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

Congratz dude! Keep the updates coming, it's an interesting readSmile

Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

How many tables do you play at the same time?

I have started out with two now and tried 4 but 4 is not totally optimal during the first levels when the stacks are deeper.

HUSNG are really testing your tilt factor. Don't know how many times I got it in as a major favorite today but ended up busting the majorty of the spots. Ended up todays games with -2 BI. Think I managd to get in like 40-50 games or so in HUSNG's. No monster volume or huge sample. (And before those I got in like 30ish 5SNG's as well and 180 hands of CG. But the day ended like -2€ lolRofl ). So todays playing is not something that went to the records so to say. Pretty ok volume overall but it was far from profit heavenCash

0 Likes
Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18

19/12/18 - The highs and lows of HUSNGs

My sleeping pattern is absolutely messed up at the moment, today I slept from 10am to around 6pm so the results are from over multiple sessions but all within 1 calendar day.  As described previously I was running really good and made a lot of money, however, the dark side (and potentially my biggest downfall) of my game definitely crept in towards the end, which is entitlement tilt.  I don't want to disrespect anyone that I've played against but there are definitely some not very good players I've been up against and when they get lucky or cooler me I can feel myself instantly start tilting as a basis of how unfair life is.  "I've been playing for years and I'm losing to these idiots..." I can hear myself mutter as I punch my mouse.  "What's the point?  Right, I'm going to jump in a 200 game." (For the record I didn't move up stakes)

Obviously in poker we want these bad plays, that's how we make money but it's definitely something I've struggled with more and more over time.  I generally don't tilt if I lose a few flips or whatever but it's those spots where you feel entitlted to win and it's definitely not a good mindset to have as a pro.  Ran into a few coolers at the end of my session and decided to wrap it up, going to grab some food then grind again afterwards.  I'm not complaining about the results by any stretch of the imagination though and I would take this every day.

Results

101 games at €25s, 68 wins, +€773

1 game at €50s, 1 win, +€47

Total = €820 profit, 31.84% ROI

Just a couple of things about this graph, as I've had to track the results without a proper 'tracker', the only way I could create it successfully was to include the buy ins and then returns, so if I played 1 game and won it, the graph would go down at point 1 then up 2 buy ins at point 2, which isn't entirely accurate compared to a HEM or PT graph but it's close enough.  Therefore it shows 169 points which is 101 buy ins and 68 wins, as opposed to just showing 101 results, if that makes sense?

Also, it's in £ as that's the currency of my account.

19-12-18.PNG

Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18
I generally play 2-4 tables, obviously ROI and concentration are lower when 4 tabling but maybe my hourly is higher. All you can do is keep getting your money in good and things will eventually go your way!
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

@Brocky wrote:

Results

19-12-18.PNG 

All I want for Christmas is a graph like that. Thumbs Up 

How my graphs normally look. Teardrop

Screenshot (205).png 

Seriously impressive work @Brocky results the majority of us can only dream of and a good explanation as well. More please.

How much work do you actually put in on the study side? 

It Is What It Is
Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18

Thanks mate.  

At the moment I put in no study away from the tables but I will analyse spots as they happen, think to myself "Ok that was good" or "That was a mistake" type thing.  One of the positives to playing HUSNGs is there are a lot less situations that can come up.  In a MTT or cash game you could open UTG, be 3 bet by MP, have the button flat then the BB cold 4 bets, a scenario you almost can't study for.  With HU, there's one opponent, 33bb deep max, there's a finite number of scenarios to prepare for so I don't really have to do much work away from the table as my fundamentals are fairly solid.

Highlighted
MetalWolf Rank 18
Rank 18

I remember who you are now you mentioned you got moved next to me in Dublin. Glad I didn’t get into any big Hu pots with you looking at your results! Very impressive. A side of my game that used to be good in years gone by when hardly anyone knew how to play, but needs a lot of work these days. Best of luck going forward!

Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18
GR1ZZL3R Rank 23
Rank 23

I'm a watcher already, just seen you call that shove with 99 on the flush board and win, something I couldn't have done. That's why your a pro, nice call. Will watch more as and when.Smile

It Is What It Is
Brocky Rank 18
Rank 18

20/12/18 - The day of ultimate tilt

Running bad in poker extends to more than just whether you're winning your flips or not, in my opinion anyway.  Today was one of those days.  I cannot remember a day I have felt this frustrated with poker, the relentless nature of what was being thrown my way has really taken it's toll today.  Against the aggressive players I was getting dealt absolute tosh, against the passive players I'm getting AA/KK and the smallest pots in history, it was ridiculous.  I feel like I missed more flops than humanly possible, I was getting check raised seemingly every time I was bluffing, the majority of the calls I was making post-flop were wrong and when I was finally getting my money in good I was getting 3 outered for fun.  To top it off, my client crashed towards the end.  When I loaded it back up 1 of the tables didn't appear and I only noticed on the lobby it was showing that flashing table sign, which I clicked on to come back to 70 chips.  I like what Unibet are trying to do as a site but their lack of investment in their software is the reason they will always be behind competitors.  I can deal with the crashes, I have my phone and tablet as back up if needed but HeartHeartsHeart like that is not fair on the players, especially when we're paying a rake which isn't particularly cheap.

I streamed this morning and really enjoyed it; it definitely made me focus more and put in more volume than I otherwise would have, so I will be streaming again tomorrow.  I can add a microphone in if people would prefer.

Results

100 games at €25s, 54 wins, +€119

4.7% ROI

20-12-18.PNG