Crush it in 2021

SkilfulPoker

@SkilfulPoker wrote:

@FreedoMhey mate, I want to profit overall that's my main goal, and also get a footing at €25 or €50 level buyin as quickly as feasible.

Just having the money to play those stakes or any stake isn't enough. You also need the experience/skills, discipline, etc. It's not 2010 anymore, you can't have ridiculous flaws in the game and outside the game and still make it. Nowadays the games are really tough, even at the lower stakes. Honestly from where i stand, not to kill your enthusiasm, but your chances of making it to those stakes will only come trough sheer luck, staying there would be impossible. You got to many leaks. However, investing 1.2K a year and making a profit is still possible but not guaranteed. I wish you good luck but i hope you change your approach. 😃 

Hey all just gone 2am here, and about to fire up next session of the blog. Here's where we're starting at: 

image.png.8538e33a59173828f5290f79cbd726a6.png

So 29 euros, 1 Hexagon ticket and I also got 100 points in the shop I'll exchange into a 1 euro ticket. 

Things going ok guys at the moment with life. Looking to make some more progress with my poker slowly but surely. Hey it's not a race right, all that matters is we get to the finish line whatever that may be for us. I don't really know what my finish line is for the time being with poker, so I'll need to start thinking about that. 

But for now what I want to make sure of is I enjoy playing, bankroll don't go pop, and my game is improving. Game improving shouldn't be too hard as I haven't played regularly for so long. For this session I have a simple strategy goal which is to stick to preflop opening rules I've made for opening, 3bettting, and playing vs 3bets. Playing to set opening ranges and not adjusting isn't ideal but it's a solid approach and as long as ranges are good will profit at 4nl I'm sure. It will also help me to get comfortable playing again more regularly. 

So it's 2am. I'm going to play for 2 hours and stop at 4.10am. I'll be 6 tabling today, but might tame it back if I feel myself getting lost on the tables. 

I'm also going to be checking out people's blogs if I don't feel too pressured at the tables. I realise this isn't maximising EV at the tables... but It is helping me with my goal of enjoying playing reading what everyone else is up to, the experience about playing poker for me is about so much more than pure $ won at the table, and I think I should still be able to play well enough to have a positive expectation while doing that. 

We'll see ;) 

Good luck at the tables! I'll report back here after the session is completed. 

• Like 2

Update... 

Cut the session short as got off to a bit of a whacking, and dropped 3 stacks within about 40 minutes. Not a great deal in poker but a fair bit of the bankroll, so decided to call it a day for today and come back fresh next time :) 

Played the hexapro ticket and won (3 euros), then played 1 more hexapro and lost. 

Here's the balance update: 

image.png.656ecc939c2e9875965a2763d3e8f939.png

and here's a hand from the session I thought I'd share with you guys, what are your thoughts?

Cheers, until next time. 

Good luck at the tables!

• Like 4

How I would play QQ in that spot: Raise preflop to 0,40€ and go from there. I rather play QQ heads-up than multiway. Your video shows why flatting is a bad idea. Although the flop is decent (no ace, no king, no 789 board etc.), you’re still lost. The big blind could easily overcall any 2x. Yes, he could raise a hand like JsTs / JcTc on the turn. Yes, he could overvalue a hand like TT or JJ that he slowplayed preflop.

Since we don’t have any reads, this happens to be a difficult spot. I would probably fold this combo of QQ as we have the Q of spades – therefore we block drawing hands like AxQs, KxQs, QsJx etc. It’s just an estimate, though, maybe we always have to call/shove QQ here.

As played: Raise the flop. Small. Always. This way you get value from 9x, smaller pocket pairs, draws etc. Additionally, you get more information about your opponent’s range. If you get raised on the flop, you can more easily fold without being wrong as often.

• Like 5

@SkilfulPoker 

Raise preflop.

Raise postflop.

Raise post turn.

By just calling preflop you got involved in a family pot without having too much information on your opponents. No one is sitting on AA or KK, so preflop you were ahead. I'd go for it here, the only hands that beat you are 88-8, 99-9 or A2-22. TacoHands might also raise with JJ, TT, 98, A9, 9+flush draw...

Having said that, you have a very pleasant narration voice. Gets me right in the mood for tea and biscuits. :laugh:

• Like 6
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@SkilfulPoker 

Raise preflop.

Raise postflop.

Raise post turn.

By just calling preflop you got involved in a family pot without having too much information on your opponents. 

Definitely raise preflop for reasons wudu mentioned.

Postflop i would just call to see how play turns out. It is seemingly good flop but paired board and flush draw bit scary.

Fold after turn. With sb bet and bb raise i would amazed to be ahead and now you are in worst spot instead of best not knowing what sb will do.

But i am losing player so you should ignore this post :laugh:

• Like 4

@SkilfulPoker  Hand -> PF: 3Bet, now what a 3bet does (makes you opponents decision more difficult, isolates the weak player, reduces the number of players in the pot and gives you a chance to pick up the pot preflop, etc.)

Also your Voice is Lovely, maybe consider getting involved in streaming, commentary, etc? Not necessary Poker. 🆗

• Like 2

Preflop I would raise, for reasons that have already been mentioned. 

On the flop I would call or raise. I think I'd raise since I could do that with a flush draw and some 9's could call me there since the strength of our hand is pretty disguised. Also you make flush draws fold or pay. 

On the turn I would shove (like you did) or fold. I think the player who raises the turn does that with a 2 or a flush draw + pair type of hand. If I'd guess I say they have a 2. So tough decision on the turn, which could have been avoided preflop imo.

I agree on the pleasant voice, so don't hesitate to post some more hands. Or you could consider taking your challenge to Twitch, like Freedom mentioned. You could learn a lot from streaming, cause you'll explain your decisions and you'll get feedback from the viewers :atisfied: 

• Like 3

Agree with most of above, note that the hand is 5 handed so it isnt UTG but MP that opens, 100% 3b with QQ on BTN.

As played it depends on who SB and BB are, guess SB is a weak player and BB a reg, def fold turn as played also for the reasoning which was mentioned before that we have the Q of spades which blocks some FD combos. SB plays it like they have a 9 or even an over pair (would not surprise me at all) and BB like they have a 2 or maybe 89 or a combo draw but doubt it.

To be honest, micro stakes just ship it 🤣 I often end up folding the best hand to see 2 spasts clicking buttons with random cards lol!

• Like 5

@Livertool wrote:

Definitely raise preflop for reasons wudu mentioned. Postflop i would just call to see how play turns out. It is seemingly good flop but paired board and flush draw bit scary. Fold after turn. With sb bet and bb raise i would amazed to be ahead and now you are in worst spot instead of best not knowing what sb will do.

Are you sure? I'd argue, that this is one of the best boards possible for a QQ hand! There are two cards you don't want to see after raising preflop: Aces and kings! The pair of 2s on the board also eliminates your chances of getting surprised by a two-pair. No connected cards which would give the other guys straight outs. You're scared of the flush? A good reason to bet, since you're 2-1 ahead against a flush draw. In addition to that, the four remaining Qs and 2s give you some additional outs in case you get flushed.

Of course, you don't win all the time and sometimes you will go broke with such a hand, but that's what BRM is for.

@SkilfulPoker 

How did the hand end? Someone getting lucky with 42s? 

• Like 3
We're gonna win on so many levels! We're gonna win, win, win. You're gonna get so tired of winning, you're gonna say: "Mr. President please, we don't wanna win anymore, it's too much!" And I'm gonna say: "I'm sorry, we're gonna keep winning because we're gonna make America great again!"

@WuDu wrote:

@Livertool wrote:

Definitely raise preflop for reasons wudu mentioned. Postflop i would just call to see how play turns out. It is seemingly good flop but paired board and flush draw bit scary. Fold after turn. With sb bet and bb raise i would amazed to be ahead and now you are in worst spot instead of best not knowing what sb will do.

Are you sure? I'd argue, that this is one of the best boards possible for a QQ hand! There are two cards you don't want to see after raising preflop: Aces and kings! 

@@

For sure if we would be talking "normal" poker but when we have this situation of multiway play, microstakes at unibet where players don't even know order of hand strenght and their range of calling varies from 27o to aces, it makes reading lot harder :laugh:

Thou we wanted to miss A or K, something like A2 is totally possible hand here, in fact i believe bb might have it and wants to make others pay if they have top pair or flush draw, sb might have 8 or 9 or pocket pair.

But anyways, just for half pot bet after turn from sb and bb raising, makes me pretty sure we are behind. Who knows but i think there is greater risk of losing our stack than winning therefor fold.

• Like 1

Hi guys.. session didn't go very well... 

got 6 euros and in the hexapro's then lost a stack at 4nl. Entered a 10 euro 5man lost that... then entered a 10 euro mtt and lost that!

bankroll 

image.png.8a9193fa64ce719b66ad431c2f1ff92a.png

I ended up doing exactly what I didn't want to be doing as well in this challenge which is playing the micros!

So new rule going forward... From now on I'm not playing anything less than 25 euro games. Bet that cash, MTT or SNG! 

Current P/L

Invest 100 euros
Loss 98 euros. 

I'll be back in a couple of weeks to re-deposit (as I set a deposit limit of 100 euro a month to keep things sensible) 

Until next time!

• Like 6

@SkilfulPoker wrote:

Hi guys.. session didn't go very well... 

got 6 euros and in the hexapro's then lost a stack at 4nl. Entered a 10 euro 5man lost that... then entered a 10 euro mtt and lost that!

bankroll 

image.png.f7b6cc21b2f29123942d613407a2af01.png

I ended up doing exactly what I didn't want to be doing as well in this challenge which is playing the micros!

So new rule going forward... From now on I'm not playing anything less than 25 euro games. Bet that cash, MTT or SNG! 

Current P/L

Invest 100 euros

Loss 98 euros. 

I'll be back in a couple of weeks to re-deposit (as I set a deposit limit of 100 euro a month to keep things sensible) 

Until next time!

Or you can go to Roulette room directly, and put your whole stack to red - if you win, you OK; if you lose, wait one month...

What up guys. 

So it's the weekend. I've decied to jump back into poker sooner than I was originally planning a week or so ago. 

So I've reset my deposit limit yesterday, and upped it to £350 a month. Which means I can deposit another £250 this month. 

So I'm going to deposit £250, tonight, then play 50NL and might play an MTT or two also. 

I'll be back here in about 8 hours when I start playing, to update at start of session and end of session with results. 

P/L of challenge so far is £-97.46

So let's see if we can turn that around! In meantime I am going to see if I can find some content from anyone playing 50nl or 100nl to see if I can pick up anything and generally get myself in the right frame of mind for what will be a very important next phase of the challenge with just about 6 stacks, at 50nl!

• Like 1

Hey guys so I deposited my planned £250 , I also did some studying. I'm going right back to basics, and have started looking at some strategy about range construction the last hour or so. I'm not going to learn all this in a day or two, and so am in for the long haul. 

Had a bit of a disaster with my chair today! I bought a replacement hydraulic for it because it was not staying up very long (it's over a year old and was only cheap when I bought it so can't complain)... anyway as I was taking the old hydraulic out, it broke... then I had to go get a new chair today! Got it... assembled it and it was damanged... had to replace that! Finally got there in the end here is the new chair :) 

IMG_20210206_215808201.thumb.jpg.64ee06e99f2734603cd532790f0688d8.jpg

So I can get my session in now, and play in some comfort. My old chair was trashed! The back had no support and it didn't go very high! Those notes on the table are my notes on basic range theory I was just studying. 

Balance start of session:

image.png.93817e07c54b91a6bae49981a80df1f1.png

I'm going to play for 2 hours, until midnight 😃

Will report back later how it went!

• Like 1