Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

Wednesday 02/11/16 - Start as you mean to go on.

Day one of my quest to top the low leader board in the MTT league IV is on! I just don't have the BR to compete at the higher levels so I'm going to focus on the low and then, results pending, try and get some extra monetary value out of the €10 events as people try and win points late in the month.

I managed to play 8 of the 10 events that qualify for points and to be honest it got quite hectic at one point. Between trying to update the results page and having, at one point, 7 tables open made for some pretty ABC poker playing from me. One of the good thing about recording results is that I always record the total entrants (or at least entrants up until I bust) so I can get a good idea of what events I could possibly skip to save on opening as many tables. Now that I've had a proper look at the schedule and points formula I expect all the €4 are going to be must plays purely on the fact that the buy in is used as a multiple for calculating points so getting the early bounties in is essential. I, of course, didn't know that last night and missed the first one Rofl

Early bust outs in one of the €4 bounties (event 1) and the Community League mean the session did not start well although I may have scraped a point in the promo league. The €1 Deepstack was another bust but we cleared top 50% so that should be another point. I read on another thread on 2+2 that the eventual winner (Hi Krusty Smile) played for nearly 6hrs! That's PS level playing time. I think it'll definitely be one I skip this month. Although the field was over 200 I don't think the points return is worth the screen space. I'll maybe run some numbers and let you know about that.. or maybe I'll keep it to myself Smile

Event 2 for me was the PLO bounty which brought the first final table of the day. 6th place and 3 bounties netting a cool €3 profit but more importantly some more league points. Early bust in the Daily 4 and top 50% in the turbo PLO bounty finished up event 3 and 4 for the day.

Event 5, the €2 Deep Crazy Bounty.. some title for an MTT Rofl. Last night it was very fitting as this screen shot will show..

Capture.PNG

I'm PartyPanda, we're at 20k/40k blinds with a 5k ante and I've just folded to leave me with 5% of a big blind left. I think we're in the money at this point which is why I folded.

Capture.PNG

This is 9 hands later Rofl. I kid you not, from less than a single BB to gold trophy holder in 9 hands Cool. 5 Bounties, plus my own, and the 1st place money meant a healthy €28 profit and of course, big league points. Get's a trophy on day 1 is the best possible start you could ask for. Just need to get another 29 and we're in with a shot Smile

Another top 50% and a quick bust concluded events 7 and 8 and we're done for the league. I'm sitting in the mid 30's somewhere so that seems like a good base to work from. Very pleased.

I was watching 'The Squid' Sam Grafton on the Unibet stream and decided to play the Squid Spectacular, I did terribly. I did however win a €25 something in the stream Cash. Instead of the usual raffle spam Sam asked us to say what our favourite film was and reason for it. My favourite film is Die Hard. It's not the best film in the world by a long shot but it's I film I've watched countless times and brings back lots of different memories. The first time I watched it I was probably in my teens (we're talking close to 20 years ago Wow) and it was in a time where TV channels in the UK would censor films by either dubbing over swear words with similar sounding words said by someone else or just cutting sections of the film out entirely. This was also during the time everyone used to record things on to VHS tapes. I watched that tape of Die Hard for several years blissfully unaware I was missing out on probably 10 minutes of the film and with a script that did not have a single F bomb in it. It wasn't until the delightful invention of the DVD and Amazon, or some other online retailer, having the Die Hard boxset on promo that I watched the *full* film. It was an eye opener Rofl. Anyway, nostalgia over.. I'm €25 richer. Yippie Kiyay MotherFunker Wink

Last MTT of the day was a €1 Deep turbo I thought counted for the league but didn't Wonder. Finished 8th out 144 players, €2.79 profit Rofl. I can see why the €1 grind is so tough. Quick session of PLO cash and a SNG that I busted in classic bad beat fashion to complete the November missions and we're done for the day. I have a screen shot of the SNG hand but forgot to open dropbox to upload it, doh! I'll put it in the next post Smile

As I'm sure you're all aware, I'm the King of the community for October Cool. I now have a plethora of tickets to use up so I think Saturday will be my day for that. I got the mods to pick the tickets so I have some MTT, some SNG and a PLO cash ticket to play through, a nice mixed bag.

The Illuminati freeroll and the betting freeroll are both tonight so it should be a full schedule this evening and I still plan on recording the Superuser one for analysis at some point over the weekend. Can't wait to watch myself crash and burn again Rofl

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

Thursday 03/11/16 - Points, Points, Points

I have to start with a few little confessions Angel. I didn't record the Illuminati freeroll table. OBS was being difficult and I just didn't have the patience to sort it. I also will not be streaming on Saturday. I forgot that I had promised the GF that we could go see the local fireworks display so it's happening slap bang in the middle of the evening. It also means playing the last Illuminati freeroll is going to be very difficult. Luckily, I have a plan! 

The freeroll starts at 7:30pm my time, the fireworks start at 8:00pm. The fireworks last 20 minutes. Assuming the late reg period is 1 hour, like it was last night, I plan to late reg at 8:25 from my phone on the walk back, lose a few blinds sitting out and still have a playable stack when I get in. Will it work? Who knows Rofl

Capture.PNG

I've done some analysis on what low tourneys to play for the league promo and this is what I've come up with.. Just play the €4 ones Laugh. The entrant numbers above are actual ones I've played in over the last two days so it's a good indication of whats up for grabs in each event points wise. As you can see even playing the €4 Deep Turbo at the end of the day is going to give you more points for 1st than sitting for 5+ hours in the €1 deepstack. Although not on the list, the only other qualifying €1 event had 99 runners when I played it on Wednesday so you're probably looking at less than 20 points for a first in that too.

There are only 2 small €2 events so they're off the playable list which just leave all the €4 ones. I don't have any numbers for the first Turbo as I never get in from work in time to play it but the rest of them are up there (Actually, I missed the PLO bounty.. It has about 50 runners Geek). It's a no brainer that these are the ones to concentrate on so that's what I plan to do Smile

With all the above in mind I sat down last night and auto regged all the €4 qualifiers and the Illuminati freeroll. The Bounty deepstack was a complete bust, no points. Great start Sad.

The early bounty went much better. Final table (6th) and 5 bounties for €20 profit and a decent chunk of points (18 I think). Omaha Bounty, another final table (2nd) and 2 bounties for just under €25 and possibly 19 points.

Busts in the Daily 4 and Deep turbo meant no more points but I've now moved up to 19th on the leader board after only two days of play. The leader is well over 100 points ahead at the moment but the spreadsheet shows that you only need 1 1st place trophy to make that up and if I can consistently reach final tables like I have been so far this month then I should be in with a really good shout for a top spot. 

I'm also up just short of €50 for the month so things are going really well on the BR comeback. I have 13 or so tickets to play through (and the €25 one when it arrives) so there are plenty of 'free' opportunities to try and get the balance back in the black. November is feeling like a good month Cool

The Illuminati freeroll went so-so. The 10 minutes levels allowed for a lot more play which made for a better tourney IMO. I'm not really sure how I made the final table but I do know I was pretty card dead and under average stack for the whole thing. Being card dead also has the knock on effect of making you look tight to all the other players so whenever I did shove everyone snap folded. In the 2 hours or so I was playing I got aces once, jacks once, and AK twice. The rest of the time I was just scraping for dead blinds and antes. There was a lot of aggressive play early on as well, you could not get a cheap bet in preflop or a C-bet through post flop. It's something I'll be adjusting to on Saturday.   

DJing tonight so I think I'll just play a single SNG to complete the last day of the mission and then it's the final spin of the wheel to get to Bucharest tomorrow Smile

AndreiBN Rank 26
Rank 26

Last night late reg was for only 35 minutes...tell her that you're gonna buy some fireworks just for you two if you win :P

"When things are bad, it's the best time to reinvent yourself"
MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

Plan B is to reg at 7:30, get a quick double up, and then sit out Smile

MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

Friday 04/11/16 - Mission Man

Friday was all about completing missions. 2x SNG to start the day, one 5 max to complete the 3rd day in a row of that mission and one HU to complete the 1st day of any SNG for 3 days. Came 2nd in the 5-max and just went all in every hand on the €1 HU to get it out the way... it didn't work this time around.

Next up was a little NLHE cash to complete the 'Blackjack' mission. It didn't take very long and I won a few €'s so that was a pleasant surprise Smile Had to play a MTT with 'Qualifier' in it so I went for a SE one. Managed to get AK twice in about 5 hands and lose both times to small pairs. No ticket.

As I was working at night the only other thing I played was the first turbo that qualifies for the MTT League. I figured I might be able to get a few points before I went to work at 9. Finished 6th for €10 profit and some tasty points. For anyone keeping score I've now final tabled a MTT 3 days in a row. I don't think I've ever done that before Cool It also makes the 3rd consecutive wining day in November, 3 for 3 Cash

Saturday 05/11/16 - Dealers Choice

Being 'Member of the month' for October meant I got €50 wirth of poker tickets to play with. I thought it would be fun to let the mods choose how they were made up and then just play a day with the tickets to see what we could get out of them. The tickets I received were as follows :-

€10 PLO10
MTTs: a €10, 3x €4 and a €2 
SNGs: 3x €4 and 2x €2

Quick confession, I played the PLO ticket on Friday afternoon when I was bored at work. It lasted 34 flops and I ended up with €3 or so cashed out as money.

Started off with SNG as I still had 2 days left to complete on a mission. Used a €4 ticket and finished 3rd in a A8 < Q7 cooler. I never really take SNGs serious so I can't say it was a big worry for the day. Next ticket on the chopping block was a €2 MTT one that went on a Turbo. Finished 15th, close to the money but not quite enough. 

For some reason I decided to play PLO25. I think my idea was to play super tight and complete a minor challenge I had that would push me over the 15k points mark. I know in my last post I said I wouldn't play it again but that turned out to be a complete lie it seems.. and I'm glad it was. I played for a few hours, saw 59 flops and ended up sitting out with €100. I was running really well, I'm not gonna sugarcoat it. All of my AAxx hands held when in big pots and I got lucky from time to time. It was an excellent boost to the bankroll and I did clear the 15k mark to net another €5. An excellent hit and run at the mid stakes Angel

Back on the MTT front I donked off the €10 ticket in a deepstack turbo and used my last €2 on a UO sat that I did terribly in. I don't know what it is but I just can't win those things at any stake. Next dealers choice was a €4 turbo and thankful things got back on track. A shiny gold trophy for the virtual cabinet and €46 for the BR. 4 days in a row for final tables too which is the most pleasing aspect as far as I'm concerned. I'm playing well at the €4 level and it's paying off.

Having said that I then donked the next ticket in a bounty but redeemed myself with another final table in the afternoon deepstack to pick up another €12. Played another €4 SNG and, of course, finished 3rd as I always do and that was that for the dealers choice. I still have a SNG ticket or two left but as I had the mission to complete I kept one back for that. It's not the best return on €50 but being +€ at the end is nothing to complete about.

The rest of the day was spent torching the winnings from the afternoon. Other than a 3rd in the PLO turbo bounty for just over €20 all the League MTT's were no cashes. The closest I got was a 12th in the first turbo with 9 paying. No good for the league but another profitable day and plenty of green on the results sheet.

The local fireworks display was rained off (as you would expect in Scotland Smile) so I played the superuser freeroll for the start. Completely ignoring my own advice I tried to get cheap bets/c bets through and got punished every time. I sat in the bottom half on listing for most of the tourney but still made the final 9. Then I made the final 6.. then I made the final 3. To my left was VoteHilary (who we now know as gillvs77) and he was a pain in the ass all tournament Veryangry. He always had more chips than me and always used them to apply maximum pressure. I managed to use his aggression against him a couple of times and at one point was leading but ultimately I got frustrated and attempted a 3 barrel bluff that didn't get through. Had I been thinking clearly I would have never attempted it because I had seen him call me down with 2nd or 3rd pair previously but I'm not very clever.. and paid the price Sad It was great fun playing with guys that were also in the twitch chat and having some banter with them, it's the one time I missed having in-game chat.

I have to thank the Unibet team for putting on the tourneys as well. For simply being active on a forum it's incredible value to be given the opportunity to play basically a 18-man SNG for a UO trip with no investment other than time (and moaning in my case). I've been incredibly lucky with the amount of value I've received from being here in the community in the few months it's been active. I've probably received about €500 if you include things like winning the first Community freeroll and the tickets from the blog and post/member awards. I don't know another poker site that would give you that without it being through rakeback or in-game actions. Even if I never win another promotion again for the lifetime of the community I would happily log in here every day and try and contribute. Being able to directly help create a better playing experience for everyone through discussions with the people that actually make the changes makes this experience so much more rewarding. You can look on posts for other sites on places like 2+2 and see how frustrated players get when they can't get involved in shaping their own gaming experience if team members don't get involved. The kind of access you get here is something rare and should not be taken for granted.

There has been some negativity recently about response times to things like the Community League and I don't think it's warranted. I can understand if you have a small BR and think you're in line for a big payout you'd rather know sooner than later but you only have to look at the PS MTT thread on 2+2 to realise a 1 week response time is lightning fast compared to some other sites. I'd also put my neck on the line and say I'd expect Unibet will do something to compensate players for the delay in a response about the league. If they don't, it doesn't matter. These things happen, people are sick, jobs are missed. Nobody is losing any money, it's just taking a little longer than normal for it to be dished out. Poker is about patience, and not just on the felt.

Anyway this is all getting a bit preachy and/or emosh and I've typed far too much for one day Smile I'll be back in the next few days to wrap up the week and continue the race for Low League gold! 

GotWhatItTakes Rank 18
Rank 18

Give the people some details about the leaderboard In Love On what places are you currently ranked?

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.
MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

Saturday 06/11/16 - PLO25.. my new home?

Sat down nice and early ready for the big Sunday grind. I always like to get the missions out the way if I have any to complete so I opened a SNG and finished off my Dealers Choice tickets. Played a 5 man, finished 5th.. standard SNG action for me Rofl. That completed a mission level so I excitedly clicked the green icon to see what my prize was.. a €2 SNG ticket Sad. Clicked the new set of missions, Play a SNG one day and then an MTT the next Sad. Back into the SNG arena I went with my ticket. Best way to get a a SNG mission done for me is play HU and just go all in all the time. It's not +ev but I don't really care Smile The all in strategy worked this time and a tasty €3.38 hit my account Cool

Next up on the mission completion train was the PLO showdown mission. Now the clever thing to do would have been open a PLO4 table and just take cheap flops until you win a showdown.. not for me though Smile I fired up a PLO25 table and plopped down 1/8th of my BR. I was feeling confident after my big win the day before and I've got a bonus to clear so figured it would be a good idea. It was a good and a bad idea. It was a bad idea because I didn't read the mission properly and thought it was just flops instead of winning at showdown. Turns out you don't get to showdown that often at PLO25. It was a good idea because I survived and won a bawhair (that's a Scottish term) short of €20. Survived another jaunt into PLO25 unscathed.

With that done it was time to get dealt 5 pocket pairs in NLHE. In holdem I know my role, and that role is a fish at NL4, so I'm not going to play any higher than that. It felt like hours before I hit my 5th pair but I was definitely getting the good pairs. I can't remember the last pair but I got aces 3 times and tens once. They all held and produced profit. €5 profit to be exact. I ran away after that, I don't end up in profit at cash so I wasn't hanging around to donk it off.

I then played 20 MTTs and cashed 3 Sad Technically it was one pure cash, one bounty haul that was enough for a profit without an actual payout ash and a money back in the SE flip. I probably should have stopped half way though as I could feel myself getting tired so I went out and got some food to try and refresh but it didn't really work. Sometimes you can feel great during a long session and sometimes you hit a wall and play terribly. I crashed into the wall hard. It was the first losing day of the month and a pretty big one, down close to €70. The final table streak is still on thought which is nice. I think I need to reel in my €10 buy-ins as they're just too detrimental to the BR just now. I think I need to be up to around €500 before I can consistently play them. There are some, like the Countdown, I can't miss but things like SE qualifiers and UO sats need to be given a miss.

Monday 07/11/16 - Missions

Had a really small session on Monday because I was DJing at night so I just did the bare minimum to complete things. The day was break even, to the cent. I won a HU SNG and in PLO4 and bubbled the first €4 Turbo that counted for the league. The final table streak is now over Sad 

Just for @GotWhatItTakes I'm currently 26th in the low league. I'm at least 300 points behind first place but I think it's only going to take a couple of high results to get in the mix. There are still 20 days worth of competition to go so some of the guys above me might be peaking too soon Smile 

The grind continues..

GotWhatItTakes Rank 18
Rank 18

I don´t want to patronize you, but if I were you I´d let out the UO sats and the SE sats for sure. 

The only way to get "real" money back is to win the seat in the SE sat and to cash the probably toughest event on Unibet. It s kind of a longshot but in most cases your money is gone. Over the longterm you will be printing money I guess, but shortterm-wise, its a play with extreme variance. I think the €250 GTD Daily 10 might be a nice tournament for you. They ve got some slow structure, so you have some time to wait for good hands instead of the Turbo MTTs where you are forced to go all in with any playable hand sometimes. 

I am sure you will have a huge payday soon, keep grinding and you will receive Smile Hand

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.
MoreTBC Rank 23
Rank 23

Completely agree with the UO sats, they're just not worth it at this point compared to the reward. I think I'll still play the last chance for the SE thought. It's only €5 and I'm generally pretty good at picking my spots to shove and have a fairly good track record in them.

I actually thing the dailies are a harder game than the SE. There are plenty of SE entrants that win their seats from completing missions/promos and running up the ticket so I think it's the best value to play compared to the regs playing daily. If I was going to play a €10 MTT daily it would be a bounty one so that I can maximize my ability to profit from the buy-in or at least minimise the pain.

I've got a pretty standard schedule of €4 MTTs to play nightly now for the league so it's only a matter of time before we get one of those gold trophies filled with league points Cool

0 Likes
GotWhatItTakes Rank 18
Rank 18

@MoreTBC wrote:

Completely agree with the UO sats, they're just not worth it at this point compared to the reward. I think I'll still play the last chance for the SE thought. It's only €5 and I'm generally pretty good at picking my spots to shove and have a fairly good track record in them.

Right, the 5€ Sat has great value. I did qualify via a 5€ Sat the very last Sunday and cashed for 400€ iirc. The great about the 90/100€ MTTs is that you can double/triple/quadruple or even more your bankroll with just one big cash in a tourney.

I actually thing the dailies are a harder game than the SE. There are plenty of SE entrants that win their seats from completing missions/promos and running up the ticket so I think it's the best value to play compared to the regs playing daily. If I was going to play a €10 MTT daily it would be a bounty one so that I can maximize my ability to profit from the buy-in or at least minimise the pain.

Yeah, probably you are right. I forget that the SE is ticket only. The Saturday stack and the big dailys are the tournaments with the highest level of play in my opinion. "minimise the pain" , thats a good one Rofl 

I've got a pretty standard schedule of €4 MTTs to play nightly now for the league so it's only a matter of time before we get one of those gold trophies filled with league points Cool

All the best of luck for you,would be great to play on a FT with you as soon as possible. Cool

NO MORE HALF-MEASURES.
0 Likes