Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nestabear Rank 22
Rank 22

@MoreTBC I'm really enjoying your Blog mate. Thanx for the pic of your Poker Cave, looks awesome. Reading your blog has made me want to do a blog to, I just don't know what I should blog about ? I'll think of something.. I've got time. Thanx for the effort you putting in. Jus a quick question. Where in the U.K. are you @ ?

Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !
MoreTBC Rank 22
Rank 22

The Granite City, Aberdeen, Scotland. Voted 'Happiest city in the UK' in 2012. Cool

Just blog about what interests you. A lot of people do bankroll challenges for example. You could blog about trying to get to a UO event or specifically about cash games etc, so long as it's interesting and poker related you're in the right place to post it. 

Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it Smile
Nestabear Rank 22
Rank 22

images.png

yeah, now there is an idea @MoreTBC. I want to go to the UO and have always wanted to visit Romania. When I was staying in the U.K. we nearly went, but ended up going to France instead  LOL ( long story ). I also did some time in Wales ( an even longer story, maybe even a blog in there ) Thanx for the motivation & idea, it was right in front of me & I didn't see it,  your are now labeled an enabler.

0 Likes
Vikingr Rank 4
Rank 4
Wait, you started playing poker 10 years ago and tried to win at it. Before the UIGEA or after? If before, how's the millionaire lifestyle?
0 Likes
Unibet Employee ReCorpH
Unibet Employee

I'm DuckItUp.. Not sure if that was the hand I was BB and basically had to call with any two. Or might've been a brainfart. Who knows! 

Keep up the blog! Been enjoying it so far! Ok

If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time. — Phil Hellmuth
MoreTBC Rank 22
Rank 22

@Vikingr - I played pre-Black Friday but I was I had no idea what I was doing so I did not reap many of the rewards of the open poker market.

@ReCorpH - I knew it would be someone here Smile It was a standard call IMO, I only had 4-5 BB and you had lots and lots. I'll get my revenge one day, one day!! 

0 Likes
MoreTBC Rank 22
Rank 22

10/09/2016 - The Saturday session

It's now Monday morning so I don't remember a lot about things that happened on Saturday. I know I loaded up 2 PLO cash tables to grind some UO slot spins and timed out at one point. I know I lost money playing after reloading 3 tables to finish the flop requirements and I know the spins I did get were not worth the time or money Angry

I played 6 MTTs, most of which were funded by tickets so not cashing a single one didn't feel so bad. Closest I got was a 17th in a €4 deepstack which probably paid 12. If i'm honest I was probably focusing on tables on another site and the Saturday afternoon schedule is not that exciting so volume was low and so was attention span.

I did play a little cash NLHE as I needed to play 3 days in a row to complete one of the monthly missions.. I made 8 cents Cool

IRL, I had an excellent pre-gig nap and an equally excellent gig. DJing my favourite hobby (sorry pokerLovekiss) and getting paid to do it makes it all the more fun. I wish I had pulled the finger out when I was starting out so I could have made more of a career of it Disappointed 

11/09/16 - The Sunday grind

Woke up with no hangover.. always a good start to a Sunday! After a shower and a lovely bacon filled bagel it was time to get the poker clients open and settle in for a big ol' day of watching virtual chips/cards fly. 

Off site, Mini-WCOOP continues to roll on with obscene player fields and prize pools. First stop, the $2 6-max PLO PKO. I think I lasted about 2 hours before my basic PLO skills failed me and I was knocked out. Next up, $2 NLHE (Deep Payouts). If you've read any of the PS stuff on 2+2 you'll know that many players are already annoyed at the recent payout changes they have made so that more people get in the money per MTT so paying out even more for a COOP does seem a little strange. That being said 18000+ players didn't seem to mind Laugh. Cue 7 and a half hours of solid B-grade poker to make the payouts and then one stupid, crippling, failed bluff attempt to basically ruin all my hard work. I won $3.90 or something stupid like that. I don't know why I keep punishing myself playing these COOP events. I know they last hours/days and the chances of me making a final table are minuscule but I just like the idea of being able to say I did it. I get a strange satisfaction knowing I outlasted sixteen thousand other players. I'm probably slightly unhinged Laugh

My Unibet session started as it always does now, 4 tables of PLO to clear the UO slots. I'm not doing it again, it's just not worth it. I'm not a very good cash player and since I started trying to complete the flop quota daily I've lost every day. If I can get the bankroll back in the green I'll maybe go back to it but after Sunday's session I'm done with it for just now. I've got a day left of the 'reach a showdown in NLHE' so I'll get that out of the way tonight and then I'll leave cash well alone... hopefully.

The rest of the close to 11 hours I played was filled with me torching most of the tickets I have and sighing as I lost the ability to claim more than a single bounty in any tourney I played in. Sunday marks the biggest losing day since I started recording every result and blogging about it. It certainly isn't my biggest losing day, not by a long shot, so this self induced downswing is not something I've overly concerned about. I prefer it wasn't happening though Smile Everyone likes to be winning and it makes this blog slightly less interesting if it's just me moaning about going all in with AQ vs AJ and the board going XXQJJ (That happened on Sunday). Mondays are always good for me so hopefully today will be the beginning of the turnaround.

One thing I noticed on Sunday was how few people enter the Sunday Entitled flip tourney. There is usually only 1 ticket up for grabs so you're anywhere from 6-20/1 to get a ticket but you only need to win once in every 22 entries for it to be a profitable move. I think i've entered it maybe 10 times and I've won tickets twice. Definitely worth a punt if you have €4 lying around your account.

Spent most of the evening watching the two Jasons (Mercier and Somerville) stream the $102K super high roller on PS. It's incredible to see someone plum up 102K, or in Mercier's case 204K (Spoiler alert, he re-entered), and be so relaxed about it. He was just there sitting with J Somerville and his dog chatting away like it was no big thing. They had in excess of 30k viewers on twitch alone (it was also streaming on Youtube and Facebook) which is incredible numbers for a poker stream. It's worlds apart from me tilting over a loss in a €1 MTT Laugh  

Another short post by my standards. No analysis either Sad Need to get into a better routine of using two screens and having stuff ready for notes and screengrabs so I can recall what I was doing a bit better. The blog is 100% still a work in progress so I'll get there eventually. I know, having read some of the posts back, they are terribly structured and borderline confusing at points. Written English was never one of my strong points in school so that might take slightly longer to improve Smile I also don't think I've achieved any of my goals yet other than being nice to pecalbear but he doesn't appear to be on the forums much so that's been easy Cool. I'll try and complete at least one of them by the end of the year.

Anyway, that's it from me, I'll see you in the Butler League streets tonight Cool

Nestabear Rank 22
Rank 22

@MoreTBC I'm hooked on your Blog Mate. Don't worry that you think there wasn't good reading cause you had a bad day. It still makes for good reading cause your honest. You wrote this... " The blog is 100% still a work in progress so I'll get there eventually. I know, having read some of the posts back, they are terribly structured and borderline confusing at points. Written English was never one of my strong points in school so that might take slightly longer to improve.. " I can honestly say that I can see your Written English improving as you writing & the comprehension & flow is getting better as well. The more you do it the better it will become... & its not to shabby now. If It wasn't good reading I would of given up after the second paragraph. Hang in there and blog away Mate... we all enjoying it. I can't wait for the next installment. Thanx for the read !  Thumbs Up

Unibet Employee ReCorpH
Unibet Employee

@MoreTBC, you sure will! Cya at the community freeroll FT! Wink

If there weren’t luck involved, I would win every time. — Phil Hellmuth
0 Likes
MoreTBC Rank 22
Rank 22

12/09/2016 - Every dog (or monkey) has his day

Ahhh.. Monday. Easily my favourite day to play on Unibet. I've talked about it on multiple occasions but here I go again Geek. Things like the Butler League and the Jackpot Hold'em tourneys just make playing MTTs more interesting. They reward consistency, which is something we all strive for as poker players. Anyone can win a single poker tournament with a good run of cards but being able to final table multiple events on the same night really is the dream. That potential extra €100 (or €2K in the Jackpot MTTs case) just makes it worth doing.

@Robin-Unibet, if you're reading this Wink, why are the two Jackpot tourneys different buyins? I did ask before but never got an answer. The €1 one always gets more entrants so it seems some people just don't know about the promo. Also, has anyone ever won the promo?

Anyway, back on topic.. lets explain todays title Smile The first alias I ever made on Unibet was MoreTBC and I used that happy monkey as an avatar. I'll keep this alias as long as I play and will only ever change the avatar it if I manage to get a custom one somehow. What that means is if you ever see that alias kicking about on the tables you'll know it's me and that it's ok to give me all your chips Wink There is a thread somewhere about how people got their usernames (which I can't find) so here's a recap of the story about how I created mine.

Basically there is a trend amongst promoters/clubs here in UK that they like to get their flyers/posters out as soon as they've booked a big name DJ/act to drum up interest and sell tickets. What they normally don't bother sorting out until the last minute is the support acts so they just put 'more acts TBC' or something similar on the adverts.  I was in this situation one time where Rudimental were going to be doing a DJ set in the club I was a resident in so I was asked to warm up for them. No problem I say, it'll look good on any future stuff I do that I can say I supported a group with multiple UK number 1s. The Club has two rooms, the main one and a small one which is basically a holding bar. When the club started the promotion on Facebook, Rudimental were on the event page/promo, the guy working in the small room was on the promo and I wasn't Speechless. They did however put 'More TBC' on the event page. How am I supposed to tell my Gran I'm an international superstar DJ with that? Cue me renaming my DJ page on Facebook, my Soundcloud page and my MixCloud page so I became known as 'More TBC'. Childish I know Smile Since then it's become an inside joke with club managers/promoters I know that whenever they use 'More TBC' on a flyer or poster I'll post on their wall saying it's false advertising and that I'm not attending Laugh. I use it all the time now because it's a nice, short, username for things that's easy to say. Nobody wants to be typing 0267hugs88xx every time they log in or having to say that on a twitch stream do they? Rofl

That's enough real world nonsense, let's talk poker. I'll start at the begining.. The first hand of the first tournament I played on Monday..

First Hand Edit.png

All in pre-flop, blinds were 60/120. I had 2000 chips (16BB) and shoved over an initial raise from our villain. Pretty ominous start to the session Sad Things didn't get much better in the next batch of tourneys. I can't confirm this because for some reason my client is only showing me the histoy from 5 events on Monday but I'm pretty sure I go knocked out in at least 3 tourneys by Ax vs Ax all in where my opponent hit runner runner for a straight. I did take notes of one of these instances so this is what it looked like:-

Butler League 1, I have ASpades THearts, villain has AClubs JSpades, we're all in pre-flop. (I'm aware I should lose this hand as I'm the 28%-72% underdog, but not like this Waterfall)

Flop is ADiamonds 8Spades TSpades - Top two and a backdoor nut flush draw, exciting!. At this point I'm 81%-19% for the unlikely win.

Turn is a QClubs - Flush draw down the pan and now the opponent has 8 outs instead of Sad

River is  a KDiamonds - The pain Sad Out in 16th and minimal league points gained.

I think I had this happen again in another tourney AJ < AQ with basically the same run out and then once when I was ahead preflop and hit top 2 pair and still got nailed by the straight. The run bad was real Waterfall

Don't worry though folks, it wasn't all doom and gloom on Monday. I finished 3rd in the last Butler league game of the night! Amazingly I made the final table with no bounties and then only managed one on the final table. The bounty drought is really hitting me hard Sad @DavidP_Unibet's calculator was broken so on Tuesday I thought I got nothing but checking again this morning (I'm doing one of those write half of the blog one day, complete it the next day things) turns out I'm €10 richer Cash

Also final tabled a Turbo Bounty PLO... with no bounties! 5th place was worth €5.33 giving me a whopping €1.33 profit Sad I don't know why I can't win a bounty just now but it sure does make hitting a final table less exciting. I like tournament PLO so I think I'll play a few more of these in future. Once the rebuys are in the client I can see some PLO tourneys getting decent prize pools with some of the maniacs that play Cool

While I was battling on the final table in the Butler League round 3 I had one other table open, the dreaded Daily 4. Remember way, way back in post one I talked about it being a goal of mine to cash this tourney because I have never managed in the months of being on Unibet? Well on Monday night I completed that goal, in style Cool

I actually don't remember a lot about what happened in the early, or even middle part of the tourney. I'm not sure how I accumulated chips or if I had any lucky breaks (I'm sure I did). The first thing I remember was the extra long bubble. I think top 18 paid and when I noticed things were going well we were at 24. It felt like at least a hour we were sitting 6-7 handed waiting for short stacks to drop off. I think I busted the Butler game during the hand for hand in the Daily 4 which was great timing as I only had one table now and could focus on not messing up.

Once the bubble burst the usual carnage began where people start trying to get as many chips as possible, as quickly as possible. I don't really remember anything special happening but it wasn't long before we hit the final table. I was sitting with a top 3 stack when we got to the final 9 and there was one player (with a big stack) sitting out two to my left so I had great position to gain some free blinds. I played the big stack bully, scooping up blinds and antes where I could and not getting into trouble when players called or shoved. Next thing I know we're down to 4 players Cool. I had 100K+ in chips, 2nd and 3rd (the sit out) were around 50K and 4th had 35Kish. We traded blinds for 5-10 minutes and then it all got very interesting.

Short stack shoves under the gun for his 30Kish chips (I have no idea what the blinds are at this point but it can't be more than 20BB), next to act then reshoves for his 55Kish (He's been more aggro of the players)  and I look at a pair of 10s. My girlfriend is sitting next me and instantly says "Fold! Don't be stupid" to which I casually reply "We're basically 3 handed, I have to call. I'm pretty sure I have the best hand". Cool *Click*

Short stack has KJ offsuit, reshover has AQ of spades. I'm already dreading the flop. I did the simulation after I finished the tourney and it turns out I was just behind the AQ suited and ahead of KJ but we were all basically between 30-39% preflop. It's a flip.

Flop is [insert 3 random low cards, make 2 of them diamonds as well] - Good start. Don't think anyone has diamonds so that rules out getting flushed.

Turn is a [insert low card here, like a 7 or something]

River is a [insert low card here, 5? Yeah, that'll do]

Cash Cash Cash Cool

final2edit.png

This screenshot does a terrible job of showing it but I'm now heads up with a player that is sitting out. Props to joe333 for not playing a single hand on the final table and still finishing second though, I bet he didn't expect that when he finally got his internet working or fixed whatever issue he had. It only took two forced all ins before I won a flip and that was that, ship me the trophy! €151 is a well needed bankroll booster and is an excellent example of the swings you can expect playing MTT poker. It was just after 11pm local time so that was the last action for the day. What a way to end it eh?

I did actualy play a tiny amount of NLHE cash during the session to complete the first mission for September so that added an extra €0.08 and a €2 SnG to the balance too. Finally a good profit day Cash

Better update those goals I talked about at the start of the month :-

Goals

• Don't hit €0 and have to deposit again/Win all the mulah Thumbs Up.
  • Make a UO or UOUK event starting at the lowest satellite buy-in level only (I'll accept doing it from a ticket starting at a higher level as well)
  • Cash the Sunday Entitled/Daily €4. (For some reason I just can't do it just now Smirk)Thumbs Up
  • Blog regularly and post hands for discussion and analysis that will be helpful to the community.
  • Don't be mean to pecalbear Thumbs Up

Not bad for less than a month. Posting has been consistant-ish, bankroll is in the green, I've finally defeated the Daily 4 and pecalbear has disappeared so I've been a nice forum member for the whole of September Smile Live events is now the main focus. got to make one before the end of the year.

All of the shiny new green cells that represent winnings can be found HERE. I don't know if anyone looks at them other than me but it'll be helpful at the end of the month for making graphs and other fancy stats. I'm not sure if my ROI% calculations are right either so if anyone's a maths boffin they can let me know if it makes sense Smile

I'll be back tonight for a few random tourneys and the Community League.. gotta make the Wednesday games count! See ya there Smile