Blog: How to be really good at being average..

MoreTBC

Self Assessment - SNG edition (Part 2.5)

@monkeyheaven has kindly finished off my analysis of the hand above :). The range ICMIZER puts the opener on is far too wide and its going to be closer to 20% or even less and with that range of cards a call is inevitable. With the stake being so low it's also more likely I'm getting a call regardless of what my opponent has. I did re-run it with an 18% range and 67s was not a shove which kinda confirms all this. I got another opinion from the resident blog superfan, Remk_95 , and he also agreed it was a check over a shove.

...Well that's what I did :)

Unfortunately I can't show you what happened in the replayer because HM3 is still super buggy and it shows the hand now as me not being in it so here it is in text form :) 

6:Clubs: 4:Hearts: 8:Spades: (Pot 870)

I check and the villain bets 300. I have no cbet stats on the player so cannot use the HUD for information. I was fairly confident considering my stack that they are going to bet on any flop to try and take it down so I raise to 900. Villain calls and panic ensues as we go to the turn.

8:Diamonds: (Pot 2670)

I go for broke and throw in my last 1165 chips. Villain folds pretty quickly

I gave Remk the flop on Twitch and he said he would have just shoved flop and on reflection I agree with him. You would expect a raise pre-flop from any pair so I think it's safe to rule most of them out besides perhaps AA or KK looking to induce. This leaves broadway combos as the most likely hands in their range I think so a shove is likely to get rid of those types of hands unless the villain is feeling particularly gambly.

I suppose with the check raise you are sort of doing the same thing as shoving but it actually looks a little stronger maybe? If I was the villain and I saw a donk all-in I'd be inclined to call with AK/AQ or suited broadways that match a suit on the flop where as if I cbet and get raised I'd think the short stack actually hit the flop and I can get away from it. If I had check-shoved maybe we don't even get to the turn? 

The turn didn't really change anything as far as I was concerned. If they have an 8 I'm going out and if they have what I think they have I'm still ahead and sticking the rest of my chips in can't be that bad. Turned out it wasn't in this case but I don't think I'll ever know what the right option was on the flop.

Hand 32

hand32.PNG.209ef22cdb422da49b4e57896ccb54e2.PNG

I wanted to check this one because I feel fairly comfortable with shoving ranges when it's folded to me but I have no idea how much or how little limps effect a shoving range in these kind of spots. I'm also now not last in chips so things have changed a little in regards to ICM I think. Time to go back to the voodoo machine and see what madness it comes up with..

hand32icm.thumb.PNG.be1a401f43e9bb253e7fe51a1192e548.PNG

Much like the last hand I think the ICMIZER has the limpers range far too wide in this spot as his stats would suggest he's not super loose. I still think if we shaved 10-15% off his range we're going to be OK with the jam so in this case his limp doesn't not appear to make much difference to our decision. Any debates on this one?

The next hand I get dealt the same cards but suited clubs and it's another raise and take.

That's us back up to where I had intended to finish last post. Hopefully going to get another batch of hands out the way Thursday/Friday to try and get to heads up and a world of mistakes :)

• Like 2
Have you read my blog HERE... It's long isn't it :)

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Self Assessment - SNG edition (Part 3)

We're back again with part 3 of the $0.10 SnG from the start of the month. Down to 4 players and blinds are 150/300 with a 30 chip ante. The HM3 hand replayer has now completely crapped out and will not show me in any of the rest of the hands so we're going to have to go back to good ol' fashioned text for the rest of these.

Hand 36

hand36.PNG.f9349ad3c5b8585fca16d884bd67c118.PNG

Bit of a strange one this. I don't think the limp is the right thing to do looking back but I may have felt at the time that the opponent wasn't one to fight back often or lightly. I also think that's why I donk lead as well (Which you can't see in the screenshot). With the BB having so few chips they're only going to call/shove when they catch a piece of the board so a bet on a board like this is going to take it down most of the time I think.

What I think I should have done is shove pre. I'd normally look at a hand like Q8o and not even consider shoving in a spot like this but apparently it's the cool thing to do.

hand36ICM.PNG.d942ca6e17df0a2a8e2fe86dc03fd725.PNG

As always we'll take these ranges with a pinch of salt because I would expect any Ax hand to be calling as well as any pair so I'm not going to be shoving 72o in this spot even though it's supposed to be profitable. This does show that I need to keep an eye out more for when I'm the big stack and can apply maximum pressure.

Villain folded to the flop bet and we pick up some more valuable chips.

Next two hands (87o BTN and J7o CO) are folded, a walk in the BB and then I somehow realise I'm supposed to be shoving any two and fire all the chips in with 93o and pick up the blinds.

Hand 40 sees me shove A3o from the button and get called by the SBs AQo. The SB only had 4bb to start the hand so it wasn't a huge hit to the stack and we stayed in first position. Did a quick check of the shoving range and we're still at 'any two' so everything appears to have played out fine there.

Slight mis-step in hand 44 where I fold T7s from the button. ICM voodoo says anything up from T3s+ is fine but as with most of the other spots there needs to be some allowance for the stake of the game and how far away from optimal everyone else is playing. If we're results orientated the flop cam K26 all clubs and I had suited diamonds so I saved myself from losing some chips :)

Hand 47

hand47.PNG.944eb87fe3d953de908d7b58f002bf15.PNG

Not too sure why I didn't call this all in for 2.7bb but apparently it was a good decision. Now I don't fully believe the voodoo machine because it says the CO should only shove the following:-

19.6%, 55+ A3s+ A7o+ K9s+ KTo+ QTs+ QJo

Much like the last hand I went over any pair, any Ax and any broadway combo is going in here. I don't care what the voodoo machine says. It also says I can only call with 10.7%, 44+ A8s+ ATo+ KQs but I think if you widen the COs range this range widens too. Even more bizarrely the BB can call with 92% of their hands! It's no wonder Dara runs ultra marathons, he probably needs the time to get his head around this madness.

My only justification for folding is that the CO has been really tight and is more likely to have something over nothing, that and the voodoo saying it's right :)

Hand 52 sees me folding J5o from the button which is 'officially' a mistake (just, J3o is the lowest shove according to Kevin Nash) but one I'm happy to make based on all the previous theories above.

Hand 55

hand55.PNG.f143788d1be53e1eed339e2ae343ae83.PNG

Another one of those spots where I didn't know what to do because someone had put chips in the pot before me.

hand55ICM.thumb.PNG.04f20a376b7c43c8134b5f78824a2231.PNG

Giving the villain a wide enough range to include limping KJs means I should be punishing him with anything I have according to the voodoo. If I had then you would expect the BB to fold and if I get called by the button I win the chips. Definitely something to consider for the future.

Hand 57 finally sees an elimination. I go all in from the CO with QTo and the SB calls for his last remaining 2.7bb. They have A2. Board goes JTQ... K... T for the ultimate emotional rollercoaster and we are finally in the money! $0.06 of sweet sweet profit locked up.

Two hands later the run good continues. Dealt A3s in the SB with 15bb I shove and the BB calls for their remaining 5.7bb with Q2s. Considering the button had 3.9bb this seemed like a bit of a punt at the time so I've gone and checked it. 

SB  100.0%, Any two
 BB 36.3%, 44+ Ax K3s+ K6o+ Q6s+ Q8o+ J8s+ JTo T9s

That's a nice little table it's created there, much easier than doing a screenshot. Note to self! Sure enough it was a little wide of a call. Cue another soul crushing river as the board went 9TKQJ for some straight over straight brutality. Finally we're HU!

Ok, that's enough words and pictures for today, we'll be back, possibly tomorrow, with the finale where I butcher HU play and still come out on top :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Man I've been slacking with this. I spend all my time complaining these days ;)

** END OF MONTH REVIEW (SEPTEMBER 2017) **

• +/- for the month: €19.98 (BR Total: €113.04)
  • Days played: 16
  • Losing days: 8
  • Winning/Break Even days: 8
  • Sessions/Games played - Cash: 13, SNGs: 3, MTTs: 48
  • ROIs - Cash: -30.89% , SNGs: 17.33% , MTTs: 6.10%

** FULL RESULTS **

Goals for October

• Get out the hole and start playing with profit again.
  • Blog regularly and post hands for discussion and analysis that will be helpful to the community.
  • Grind the UK Tour Sats.
  • Complain about the new MTT schedule until it's the best one on the interwebz

It's been easily my quietest month on Unibet for a long time, so much so I didn't even want to write blog posts about it. The MTT schedule bored me, there were no promos I wanted to play and I was just enjoying my time playing on other sites. Despite all that I ended up making a tiny profit on the month thanks to a very late MacGregor/Mayweather payout and winning the €2 Daily Deepstack on the 30th for €40. I was consistent with my UK tour results as well so I still have 3x €25 and 12x €4 to work through in October.

I'm sure you've seen that I'm not very happy with the new MTT schedule so I won't go over it again here but I'm confident it'll get sorted sharpish and if I have to be the one looking like a complaining :Heart::Hearts::Heart: to help get it done then I'm happy to play the role. I want to get more of my play back on Unibet but it's only going to happen if the games are fun and interesting to me. 

Off site it's been an interesting start to October. On Sunday I played either a $1.10 or $8.80 sat feeder on party (I can't remember which of the free tickets got me further) that turned into a $20something feeder that turned into a $109 feeder that turned into a $1050 final ticket for next Sunday. 20 packages GTD for some thingy in the Caribbean in November. The lack of in-depth knowledge about it should highlight how low my expectations are :) I might get $5 rakeback, which would be nice.

I played a €2 Twister (which is the iPoker networks version of a Spin'nGo) last night and got a 100x multiplier. Unfortunately I finished second and won nothing after getting the following sequence of hands when heads up..

Capture.PNG.1a67bf13cf1771c1da0723e7ac282f70.PNG

I was not impressed :(

I've accumulated $10 of free money on 888 playing nothing but freerolls they keep giving me tickets for so things are going quite well there too. The chop and change between all the sites has kept things interesting but I'm ready to come home :).

I plan on finishing the SNG review but I want to do a little research on HU play before I do so I can have a better understanding of how bad I'm playing. It will be done this month though, promise! 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

The October grind

Look at all these new bloggers trying to take my crown, how dare they! 🤣. Better show them how it's done with another uncomfortably long blog post about the magical world of MoreTBC.

Sunday Oct 1st and Oct Week 1

I started off my first Sunday session with some SNGs. I've tagged them as 'Elite Promo' but I cannot even remember what the promo was. I think it was something to do with the EO but I'm not really sure. Either way, I played 5x 5 man and 5x HU €1 and did fairly rubbish. One HU win and one 5 man win for an overall loss. Only wins for the day were a FT cash in a €1 Turbo and winning a ticket to the last ever Sunday Entitled.. Which I promptly busted in a bout 4 minutes with a set over set cooler.

Monday brought on the beginning of the new, and rather confusing, space themed schedule. I picked up my first cash in a Wormhole but bricked everything else, also losing trying to complete missions, to have a small losing day.

Tuesday to Thursday were all winning days. Tuesday had another Wormhole cash, a Multiverse cash and even some cash wins completing missions. Wednesday had a couple of small wins thanks to ticket buyins and Thursday  brought 3 HU wins in a row and 2 buyins at PLO. The missions really do help you diversify your play.

Small loss on Friday completing missions and then small winning days on Saturday and Sunday completed a decent first week back on the grind

Profit/Loss for the week: -€4.28 (+1 €25 UK tour ticket)

October Week 2

Another week, another random collection of SNGs. The 20 years promo started running so I fired into the HU SNG streets. Played 10 x €2 and won 6 and lost 4. On the MTT front Monday didn't go very well with a single min cash in a Multiverse and two near misses in a Wormhole the Meteor Shower.

Picked up my first decent result on Wednesday with a 2nd place finish in a €1 Wormhole. Also received a free bet as part of the 20 years promotions that I turned into a nice profit.

Friday brought the first UK tour ticket win as I picked up a €25 ticket. David Lappin was streaming and giving away tickets for fun and as part of the giveaway jumped into a SNG with anyone that would battle with him. Whoever knocked him out got a €25 ticket so I managed to sit down with NMP and a couple of the other chat regs to battle it out. It got down to Lappin, NMP and myself and after crippling him with an apparently well played QQ hand I collected the bounty and the ticket a few hands later. NMP ended up winning the SNG but I was happy with the ticket :)

The run good continued on Saturday as we picked up a gold trophy in a €1 Wormhole, FT'd the Multiverse and won two €25 UK tickets in a row. Had another couple of close runs but could not collect any more prizes.

Sunday brought the delayed DaVitsche League to the schedule so I got involved in that. I played 6 of them and FT'd 1 of them but basically gave up by the evening. First decent result came in a €5 Shooting Star bounty where I finished 2nd with 10 bounties for €47 profit. I bricked all the new Sunday majors but did pick up a bounty in the Ice Giant from the ticket I won from Lappin so we'll call that a slight profit ;). With no work on Monday the session ran late and that led to another 2 deep runs and a gold trophy and silver medel combo. 2nd in the €2 Meteor Shower and 1st in the Singularity for a combined €50 of profit. Another decent week.

Profit/Loss for the week: €125.64

October week 3

We start the third week of October booking another prop bet with Ian Simpson. I think the prop started as a conversation between Ian and Lappin about who could win the most of the new Space themed MTTs but then when Ian mentioned it on stream I stole the idea and ran with it :) Basically we both have until the end of 2017 to try and win as many different space themed MTTs as possible. The names have points assigned to them according to their frequency per week and their buy in. You can view the current points structure HERE and it has a second tab on it to show the current scores. At the end of the year the person with the least points has to pay the winner the difference between the scores at £1 a point (up to £200 cap). At the time of writing this the scores is 46-27 to me as I've won (spoiler alert) 4 different named MTTs and Ian has a single win.

I've always found that the best way to start a prop bet like this is to get an early lead and apply some pressure so that's what I did. Gold trophy in the €2 Multiverse and €20 of profit. Bricked the rest of the evening unfortunately but three wins in three days has hopefully set the bar for the prop.

Tuesdays was full of near misses, which seem to hurt a lot more now that it's worth not only the prize pool but potentially Ian Simpson money. 2nd in a Singularity, 2nd in the Meteor Shower, 3rd in a Shooting Star and 5th in a PLO Fireball were all painfully close to points wins but €37 profit was a nice consolation. 

Skipped Wednesday, bricked Thursday, skipped Friday and then picked up another trophy on Saturday. A €2 PLO Deep Space for €36 added to my lead in the prop and the BR. I also binked a €4 Step-it-up and FT'd a Singularity so it was a profitable day. Sunday was another brick day apart from a single FT in a Shooting Star for €22.

Profit/Loss for the week: -€50.20

That's us bang up to date :) I'm up €70 for the month at the moment and fairly comfortably ahead in the prop bet. Ian is in Brighton all week so I don't think he'll be winning anything anytime soon. I actually plan to take a few days off and do some off table work. I've been slacking on it recently and although I'm getting some results I don't feel like I'm playing well at all. This should hopefully include the conclusion of the SNG review I've been dragging out for about a month as it's something I really want to finish.

Off site, it's been a mixed bag. I did not bink a Caribbean package unfortunately but it has now created an amusing spike on my sharkscope. I continue to be profitable on Ipoker, which I found out the other day is actually the home of the .fr Unibet client, but the click and collect promo on Party has now ended so I am getting no more free sat training :( Plan is to now focus on Unibet until the end of the year to make sure I don't start 2018 funding Ian's dreamies bill. I have fading dreams of making Manchester at the end of the year for the UK stop but I've not been playing the sats frequently and when I do results have been mixed. 

If anyone has anything they'd like me to do a post about after I finish the SNG review let me know. I'm tempted to do the $1k sat but not sure if I want to go through the pain of losing my virtual thousand bucks again :Waterfall:🤣 

• Like 4

Oct Week 4

Knowing Iany was away in Brighton all week I decided to cut back a lot on play for the last week in October. My sleep pattern had been messed up for a while so I was always feeling tired and just wasn't mentally focused on playing so I figured now would have been the perfect time for a little break.

It worked for Monday as I didn't play anything and just watched one of the free TPE videos that's available online. Tuesday I fired one MTT and it was the €5 Gorsky. I refuse to call it by it's full name because it's just too long. It had been overlaying pretty frequently, IMO because the name of the MTT didn't have a GTD in the client, so it was an obvious choice as my single game to play in the background as I watched a movie. I had mentioned on 2+2 about my theory as to why the overlay existed and to my surprise the very same evening the GTD appeared in the MTT name. Coincidence? I have no idea actually as David has been rather quiet on 2+2 in the last week or so.  Either way, it lead to no overlay but a €600 prizepool instead of €400 so no complaints here.

Cue a couple of hours of play and a silver trophy after a long HU battle. The pain of not closing out these MTTs is magnified knowing how many points are on the line in the propbet so I was actually disappointed to make €90 on the day. It's crazy I know, but I wanna win the prop so bad! I didn't play well heads up and it reminded me I really need to finish the SNG analysis so I can learn more about HU play. 

Wednesday and Thursday were both small losing days as I splashed around in the UK tour pool and tried to go back to back in the Gorsky. Was DJing Friday so no play their either.

Saturday was a much better day. I had all day and night to play and although being rather hungover got involved in a large session starting in the afternoon. Things didn't look good to start with as I stone bubbled not 1 but 2 Milky Way sats and bricked my first 9 or so tournies. I had converted a bunch of tickets into €1-2 MTT tickets so I was firing everything that was running. Things started to turn around as I picked up 2x €25 UK tour tickets in a row and made another FT in the Gorsky for €50. This was followed up by a FT in a PLO Fireball and a €2 Shooting Star. By teh time I finally finished playing just after Midnight I was up €20 but feeling good about my play again.

Sundays are always hit or miss. This Sunday was one of those rare times where it was a hit, a big hit. First win of the day came in a €1 sat for a €10 ticket that we took down. I wouldn't normally play these as I don't really like the 1 in 10 structure but there wasn't much else running at the time so I flicked it in. I earmarked that ticket for the Cosmic Rays later in the day. This was followed up by a bubble in a €5 Shooting Star but I got enough bounties that it was a still resulted in a tiny profit. 

The next cash came in the crapshoot that is the Spectrum. For some reason Unibet forgot about the clocks going back an hour and this resulted in the Majors starting an hour early, so 3pm UK time. I expected big overlay in the early ones so I was ready to fire in the Spectrum. Luckily I only fired two bullets and an addon but I managed to survive to the FT and take 5th for €140. I was chip leader with 9 left and then ran into some terrible variance losing with AK twice in a row. On the FT I got a walk with Aces and when we were down to 5 I shoved from the button with AJ being 4/5 and the short stack woke up with Aces. My bust out hand was also AK so it seemed like that just wasn't my hand. 

The session carried on as I was deep in a €5 Multiverse and doing well in a €4 UK sat. I ran really good in the Multiverse and dominated the FT to take down a gold trophy and a bankroll doubling €232. I also shipped the UK sat to win another €25 sat. I was ready to end the session at that point at around 9pm but decided to flick a €25 UK ticket in as all the regs were in Brighton. There was 4 entrants and 2 €100 up for grabs so it seemed like good value. It turned out to be excellent value as I picked up the ticket in about 40 minutes. An excellent way to round off my best poker day in a long time!

Profit/Loss for the week: €395.60

• Like 4

@MoreTBC wrote:

Hand 11

There have already been another two eliminations and we are down to 7 players. Blinds are now 50/100 with a 10 chip ante. We are dealt Q5s in the big blind. UTG limps and it folds round to the small blind who completes and I check.

1272483199_hand11.PNG.9fdc51edef9db459ce83a83c18e695ec.PNG

Flop comes 665 with two diamonds. UTG bets 200 into the 370 pot and the small blind folds. This was the first real decision I had to make and the first hand I marked. Looking at the HUD it's a mixed bag of information. Villain has played 45% of the hands so far but has never raised, so they like a limp. Unfortunately he has not made a c-bet or folded to one so we have zero post flop information to go on with this decision. Is there a standard action here? I have no idea but here were my thoughts.

Villain shouldn't really have a 5 or a 6 in their hand. I'd expect a player that is limping a lot to have Broadway type hands or a low to middle pair. With me having a 5 and there already being two 6's on the flop that makes either 5's or 6's tricky to have. Also the bet size seemed strange. You can't customise the quick bet buttons on the client so the villain has typed that number in, not just randomly clicked the 1/2 pot button. It seemed on the large size to me because if I had a 6 I'd want my opponent to catch up a little and I wouldn't want them to be scared off a call. With that in mind I check-raised and UTG folded. Is that a losing play long term?

I think this one is a sigh-fold because of the stack sizes. If this was a late position raise and you were defending then it's a great spot to check-jam the flop. With an early limp followed by a half pot bet then you can either:

• Jam - Basically a bluff as you're in trouble against everything he calls (and think about how many microfish limp their premiums in early position)
  • Call - Which leaves you in a horrible situation on later streets on almost every runout, particularly at those SPRs
  • Fold - Which probably feels a little bit nitty after hitting the board while short stacked but it still leaves you with a stack that carries plenty of clout in better spots.
  • Like 1
Formerly known as StartlingGrope

@MoreTBC wrote:

Self Assessment - SNG edition (Part 1)

Hand 12

We're in the small blind now with As3h and 18bb behind. It folds round to the button who limps for 100. I complete in the small blind and BB checks. Flop comes 6s7hJh. I check, big blind bets 100, button calls and I get out of the way. Preflop I was getting nearly 6.5:1 to call so I think it's OK but from my tiny sample of hands (3kish) the SB is the only position with a negative bb/100 so maybe it's the kind of hand I should let go and just keep the chips. I don't really know :speechless:

I agree that you should let it go. I think it's fine to call with Axs because you can play any draws aggressively but A3o has so little to offer at this stack depth that it's got to be better to ditch it.

• Like 1

@MoreTBC wrote:

Hand 14

1078135030_hand14.PNG.d1dbe0893588e98f67d12cc3deffe500.PNG

Facing two limpers I wasn't exactly sure what to do here. If it was a higher stake I'd be very weary of the limp from the 8bb stack but thankful HUD buddy has been taking notes and is showing that both players have been playing lots of hands and never raise. I was confident that if it had folded to me unopened the 8's were a snap shove but I wanted to check just how wide I could shove. So I did.

That's enough words and pictures for one post I think. We'll return part 2 to have a look at the middle part of the game.

Yep, stick it in. Printing money against with those lovely dead blinds.

• Like 1

** END OF MONTH REVIEW (OCTOBER 2017) **

• +/- for the month: €539.68 (BR Total: €653.17)
  • Days played: 25
  • Losing days: 9
  • Winning/Break Even days: 16
  • Sessions/Games played - Cash: 16, SNGs: 33, MTTs: 245
  • ROIs - Cash: 28.32% , SNGs: -3.38% , MTTs: 47.87%

Goals for November

• Get out the hole and start playing with profit again.
  • Blog regularly and post hands for discussion and analysis that will be helpful to the community.
  • Grind the UK Tour Sats.
  • Crush Iany's soul in another propbet
  • Complain about the new MTT schedule until it's the best one on the interwebz

Well then, what a month! It's not often you almost 6x your bankroll without winning a major MTT. Lots of really positive deep runs and satellite wins have really boosted the ammunition's cabinet to a level last seen in November of last year, where I went on almost the almost exact same month long heater winning almost the exact same amount. It's actually scarily close. Nov 2016 was a +€581.86 month, with 240 MTTs so the numbers are really similar. I had a look back and the bankroll peaked way back in October 2017 at €888 so we're creeping closer and closer to a new record and more importantly closer to making a dent in the deposits and getting back in the black.

The plan is to hopefully get to a 4 figure roll before withdrawing any money. I'd like to keep enough bullets in the clip to be comfortable at anything up to €5 in order to be able to compete with Iany for the prop bet and because the payouts really ramp up at the €5 stake. We've made sure that the kryptonite from the last decent BR value is buried deep in a rolling 6 month self exclusion so there should be no reason for the value to dip outside poker playing (and the occasional dip into @AndreiBN's excellent Tennis picks).

Outside actual cash, the UK tour ticket roll remains steady at €312 in tickets. I'm not really sure when I'll fire a final because I have no idea what I should have in the reserve before firing and Manchester unfortunately falls on the weekend of my work Christmas party. It's also silly season as far as DJ gigs go so I can't see me being able to find the time to get down there. I become insanely jealous every time a UK tour weekend rolls around and everyone tweets and posts about how much fun they're having/had... I want in! I think what I'll do is try and get a few packages ready for 2018 and then make the time to get around as many as possible next year.

As far as the other goals go they all remain pretty much the same. I find myself handpicking MTTs that I've not won in order to win points in the propbet over just playing everything and I think I'll continue to do that. Less tables and more focus seems to be working for me so we'll stick to that. 

I've crossed out the MTT schedule moaning because I've basically given up on it. This may be an unfortunate side effect of them being so proactive in the past but I really feel Unibet has dropped the ball with customer interaction in the last few months. It was easy to forgive them in the past knowing that the schedule was one of Robin's many tasks but now that they have hired a tournament manager you would think the interaction and speed of updates/information should be multiple times faster. I might be being naive about the ease of the role or what it entails but if your sole responsibility is looking after, what is a relatively small schedule, you should have plenty of time to be active here or on 2+2 collecting feedback and suggestions. Simple requests like an updated schedule spreadsheet cannot be that hard to deal with. 

This also trickles over to the bug squashing side of things. We're several months down the line on some recurring bugs that, while maybe not major or widespread, still make the client sub-par when put up against the best. Not being able to see what a min-cash is may not be the biggest worry in the world but not being able to see hole cards is. I don't understand how an issue of that severity is not a priority every month over something like adding a € sign to the cash games levels. I've asked several times if there is extra logging I can run or anything else they would need to help nail these things and have had no response. I've said it before in the blog, I want the client to work and be great because more people will play here, which ultimately benefits me. 

I'm not sure if they already have it but if they don'y I don't know why Unibet doesn't have a beta program set up to test monthly updates a few days in advance. Things like this months rebuy bug could be easily found by a few active players getting the clients a few days early. There is a tremendous community here that are willing to help with these things for free and I'm not sure why they don't utilise it more.

Anyhoo, rant over for the month :) None of the above is personal in any way to any of the staff I've had interactions with it's just me venting my frustrations at not being able to do more to help. Like a said earlier this is probably an adverse effect of the interaction being so good in the past and the discussions here and on 2+2 being so open and productive.. you expect it to always be like that.

The SNG recap WILL BE DONE THIS WEEK! If I have to skip a Sunday session to get it done I will. I need to get it out of my life! 

Ain't it great to have the walls of text back in these posts ;)

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm going to take the results sheet offline. There is one simple reason for this, it's getting to big. Chrome is a resource hog as it is so I'd rather just stick it in Excel and have it be a little more lightweight and remove a tab. If anyone actually cares or looks at it I can upload the results at the end of each month but I can't imagine anyone actually looks at them other than when I posts the end of month stuff.

• Like 6

@MoreTBC wrote:

... I've crossed out the MTT schedule moaning because I've basically given up on it. This may be an unfortunate side effect of them being so proactive in the past, but I really feel Unibet has dropped the ball with customer interaction in the last few months. It was easy to forgive them in the past knowing that the schedule was one of Robin's many tasks but now that they have hired a tournament manager you would think the interaction and speed of updates/information should be multiple times faster. I might be being naive about the ease of the role or what it entails but if your sole responsibility is looking after, what is a relatively small schedule, you should have plenty of time to be active here or on 2+2 collecting feedback and suggestions. Simple requests like an updated schedule spreadsheet cannot be that hard to deal with. 

This also trickles over to the bug squashing side of things. We're several months down the line on some recurring bugs that, while maybe not major or widespread, still make the client sub-par when put up against the best. Not being able to see what a min-cash is may not be the biggest worry in the world but not being able to see hole cards is. I don't understand how an issue of that severity is not a priority every month over something like adding a € sign to the cash games levels. I've asked several times if there is extra logging I can run or anything else they would need to help nail these things and have had no response. I've said it before in the blog, I want the client to work and be great because more people will play here, which ultimately benefits me. 

I'm not sure if they already have it but if they don'y I don't know why Unibet doesn't have a beta program set up to test monthly updates a few days in advance. Things like this months rebuy bug could be easily found by a few active players getting the clients a few days early. There is a tremendous community here that are willing to help with these things for free and I'm not sure why they don't utilise it more.

Anyhoo, rant over for the month :) None of the above is personal in any way to any of the staff I've had interactions with it's just me venting my frustrations at not being able to do more to help. Like a said earlier this is probably an adverse effect of the interaction being so good in the past and the discussions here and on 2+2 being so open and productive.. you expect it to always be like that.

@MoreTBC still loving the Blog Mate... you don't have to worry about anyone stealing your trophy for best blog, it's safe & sound. :Popeye: :Thumbsup:

In your post you said ...

I've crossed out the MTT schedule moaning because I've basically given up on it. This may be an unfortunate side effect of them being so proactive in the past... 

I fully agree with you here. Unibet were a lot more proactive in the past. 

... make the client sub-par when put up against the best. Not being able to see what a min-cash is may not be the biggest worry in the world but not being able to see hole cards is.

Just this morning I had this in the mobile client again... 

Screenshot_2017-11-02-17-05-30.thumb.png.4fcef168ee94f73cc9865e1f4deb6d7a.png

Had to exit & reload the client, missing the hand. Then a couple of hands later had a quick phone call & when the client opened back up, just a black screen... sound is fine, but no picture. The reason I'm trying to play on my fone, is cause I can't get the client to work on my laptop, since my pc got fried by lighting. I've got 8 other poker clients that I downloaded & installed that worked just fine first time. 

... why Unibet doesn't have a beta program set up to test monthly updates a few days in advance.

This should be implemented. Unibet has a great resource in its community, with members who have a range of skills & ideas that are being very under utilized. The Unibet community is unique to Unibet & needs to be used to its full potential. ( There is a tremendous community here that are willing to help with these things for free and I'm not sure why they don't utilise it more.) 

... so open and productive.. you expect it to always be like that.

the last part of your post is the most important imo. When you get excellent service & the client is working well, like the old client did, then you do expect things to either get better, or at least, stay the same... but not get worse. 

Im stuck between not being able to get the client to work on my laptop & the mobile client which does not show your hole cards & black screening after an interruption like a message or a call & the browser gets stuck on the loading page. So out of 3 options I have none. :Angry:

Keep up the great work with the blog @MoreTBC & keep that trophy safe ! 

• Like 3
Always remember... You can be... do... or have anything your heart desires !

Self Assessment - SNG edition (Part 4)

FINALLY we get to the 4th and (hopefully) final part of the this SNG review. Since it's been over a month since the last part a quick recap:-

• buy-in: $0.10
  • Players left: 2
  • Current position: 1/2 with 10/1 chip lead

There are not too many hands left so let's just rattle through them one by one.

Hand 60: J2 of diamonds - Raise and take from the sb

Hand 61: ATo - Villain shoves for just under 3bb and we call. Villain shows J9o and hits a J on the river to double up.

Hand 62: 42o - Raise and take. Possibly a mistake?

Hand 63: 55 - Walk

Hand 64: T4o - Raise and take

Hand 65: 74o - Villain shoves J3s for 2.5bb and I call. Again, not sure if this is a mistake or not. Feels like for that amount any two should be fine but I don't know HU. Board bricks and villain wins with J high

Hand 66: 99 - Raise and take

Hand 67: K9 - Walk

Hand 68: A4o - Raise and take

Hand 69: J9o - Villain shoves A2o for 2.3bb and I call. Ace ont eh flop to seal another double up.

Hand 70: T4s - I raise to 2000 (Blinds are 800/400/160) and villain shoves for another 1500 or so. At this point I figure I can't fold and just make the call. Villain has KJs so things are not looking good. Luckily I was due a win in these all in battles and the board ran out 3TQ8Q and we pick up the gold!

There you have it. Not the most interesting HU battle but I'm fairly confident there were some big errors being made.  If anyone has any thoughts on the HU let me know, I have no idea about how to play it and I've been too lazy to do any research :)

Normal blog service resumes now with updates on my battles with Mr Simpson and my amazing ability to be awesome at averageness!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Remember, remember, the 5th of November

Normally the 5th of November is remembered in the UK because of a bizarre ritual where we set off fireworks and light bonfires to commemorate Guy Fawkes being caught during his attempts to blow up the House of Lords 400+ years ago. For 99.9% of the population that's how it'll be remembered this year too, but not for this guy. For me, the 5th of November will be the remembered as the day Ian Simpson luckboxed his way into winning the Supernova and more importantly, took a huge lead in our prop bet 😠

We'll get into that a little later though, first lets have a look at how the first week of November went on the virtual felt.

I played on Wednesday (the 1st) and Thursday (the 2nd) and had two pretty painful losing days. I've developed a little schedule of MTTs I play all the time now in order to try and get the maximum points in the prop bet. The Black Hole, the Gorsky and a €5 Shooting Star are all staples in my session now as the first two only run once a week and the Shooting Star is a name I've not won yet. There is also a couple Fireballs later in the evening that I needed to add to the win sheet too so they get flicked in from time to time as well.

Unfortunately I bricked them all with my only results coming from winning a €25 UK ticket and coming 3rd in the PLO Deep Fireball for €15. I also lost on Andrei's tennis tips too so we were down about €60 for the two days.

I then took the next two days off. I can't remember if I've mentioned it before but I've now got a weekly residency at one of my favourite bars to work in. They pretty relaxed about what I can play and you can't even get your stuff set up before someone is over asking what you want to drink (for free). This tends to lead to me being hungover on a Saturday so I don't really want to play. I've also been doing Saturday club gigs the last few weeks so I can't play in the evening when I the hangover wears off. 

So Sunday rolls around and I'm hungover again :) Turns out the club likes to give out free drinks too 😏. Regardless, I getmyself up and ready in the afternoon and start firing away. Bricked the first 5 or so MTTs I played with only a €5 ticket rebate in a Supernova sat to show for it. The first cash of the day came in the Cosmic Rays. A tournament known for it's overlay just now so I felt taking a punt on it was a good investment. I ended up making €80 in profit after a 13th place finish and it was basically a day saver. Other than a second €25 UK ticket win for the week I did not make any money playing MTTs. I did win almost a buy in at NL4 and a €2 completing the monthly missions so €7.83 profit on a Sunday is not to be sniffed at!

Capture.PNG.36ad2037d9ada66cbe95f3aada533367.PNG

Look at his smug face with his fancy playthrough videos 😠. When I devised the points for the propbet I did not think either of us would win the Supernova before the end of the year. I didn't even plan on playing Supernova at all and I knew Iany would be away for two UK stops and a UO which basically meant there were 7 or so chances for him to win it. I had the stream on while I was grinding and was blissfully unaware of what was going to happen. Countless times the luckbox hit 2/3 outers and even managed to come back from a 2 or 3 bb stack to make it to the final table. 

That's when it sank in, he might actually win this thing! 

I didn't watch the whole final table, it was late and I had work in the morning. I also knew how painful it would be to watch live if he did win and started gloating about it so I went to sleep about 1am hoping that by not watching it the poker gods would spare me in the morning. They did not and I woke up to a plethora of congratulatory tweets clogging up my timeline. Iany's run good had cost me about £80 and I was sad.

All the above saltiness is just for fun however and I'm genuinely happy he won. He's been due a decent win and has been going though some terrible run bad recently so it's good to see one of the good guys take it down. I think we've developed a strange but lovely relationship where we both want to see each other do well, just not too well so I can't be mad 🤣. That's not something you get normally when you have only met someone once IRL (technically twice but Ian doesn't remember the meeting at the UO London players party pre-twitch) and basically spend every stream looking for openings to troll the other person. I have the same sort of trolly banter with David Lappin as well and it makes the whole Twitch experience a lot more enjoyable for me. In a rare moment of being nice I'd like to put it on the internet nowthat I'm grateful that they both take everything in jest (as it's intended) and play along and have fun with it.

Anyway, momentary lapse in trolliness aside, as it stands today (17/11) I'm 68 points/£ behind so I'm only a few single nightly MTTs (Like the Black Hole) or a Sunday Major away from catching up. It's going to be a fun challenge to keep me busy until the end of the year:)

I get back on the horse for week two of November with renewed hunger for gold trophies. The following screenshot will do a terrible job of illustrating how that went.

Capture.PNG.1a2756b096ce21226d80d212924edbae.PNG

The heater was real. Tuesday brought a gold trophy in the Deep Space Fireball which gave me a 19 point boost and €46 in profit. Wednesday had a 2nd in the €10 Meteor and a min cash in the Titan and Thursday had a 2nd in the Event Horizon and a 2nd in the Gorsky. There is nothing more annoying than being that guy that complains about finishing 2nd all the time but I have to do it! Those 3 2nd place finishes cost me 73 points :waterfall:. Yes, I know, I know.. how can you complain about being nearly €400 up in 4 days? Well obviously I can't :) It now means I am in comfortable BRM territory to play €10 MTTs and add extra points scoring opportunities but finishing 2nd HURTS SO BAD! :waterfall:

Anyway, Fri/Sat were small play days as with the previous week and then it kicked off again on Sunday.

Unibet are doing a fantastic job just now of sharing out the overlay that happens on a Sunday. If you've won a ticket on a stream or through social media in the last few weeks then the chances are you didn't get a generic one but rather one for a Sunday Major. This is because a number of the majors were given rather aggressive GTDs and they're not quite hitting them. Rumours are afloat that when Kindred discontinue the Stan James brand we'll get an influx of new players that will stop the overlay but until then Unibet have to just take the punishment.

They're dealing with it in a good way IMO by basically giving the overlay out in tickets. The Supernova for example was/is overlaying by about €2000 which is roughly 20 tickets. So what they do is give away 15 on 2+2 plus a few via social media and streams. This gives 20+ people who many not normally play the Supernova a chance to experience it and also adds enough players to the event that it looks like it's not overlaying. It still is, giving out those tickets still costs the €2k but the value is shared out amongst more people and it's slightly less per person instead of the majority of it going to the players that are most likely winners anyway. The other beauty of it is that if one of the ticket winners cashes then it could possibly be a big boost to the roll of a losing player and keep them playing longer. I think it's a great way to share the 'free money' and am all for it.

I am, however, biased. I got one of those Supernova tickets via the 2+2 giveaway and I was one of those guys that cashed 🆒. It's a lovely MTT to play, the structure is great, you never feel like the blinds are going to swallow you up and you can just be patient and wait for spots. It is however long. It was well past midnight before I made my exit in 22nd place so it's a grind for sure but with 4k up top you can't really complain. I also had an excellent rail both on Twitch and via Skype so it was a lot of fun for both me and the guys I'd swapped 5% with who were sweating the run :)

My final hand really isn't that exciting and general consensus was I donked it off so we won't go through it in detail here. Basically I 3-bet jammed AJo UTG+1 for 12bb after a UTG raise and got tank called by AQs from the UTG player. I had been a folding machine for about an hour and had hoped my tight image would get it through but it wasn't meant to be. I almost folded but got overexciting about getting some sort of hand and made a mistake. The cash was €291 so for a freeroll was a decent return and a great way to start my Supernova career :)

So we finish the second week of November smashing records all over the shop. New BR record of €1117 and biggest winning week ever (I think) being the two that spring to mind. Off site I've managed to spin up the Party balance from 0 to $200+ via tickets and a 5th and a 2nd place finish in MTTs. I also have a seat at their big Sunday Major this week, The 500k Title fight, via a $4 Spin'nGo to a $8 ticket, to a 44 to a seat so the heater is well and truly on. 

Join me next time as I tell tall tales of me getting crushed for the next 6 weeks and having to take out a payday loan to cover my propbet loss ;)

• Like 5

Lol, don't worry about complaining on other finishing positions than the 1st :laugh: For a player/gamer/competitor, it's a very healthy way to see things actually. I know this might sound rude and harsh, but imo the only people who feel real and strong sympathy for the losers, are the other losers 😏
It is what it is, hope you understand.
Think you have a pretty good thing going on there! Keep it up, man 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@4soul wrote:

When is the best hour yo start a session on unibet in mtts. I ask an expert!thanks!

Hey @4soul, I have absolutely no idea :)

I don't record start and end times, I just play when I can. I feel like I have a decent amount of success with the early MTTs (9am-12pm GMT)  but there are less of them and the fields are smaller so that might be a factor. It's always going to be that the bigger prizepools are going to be in the evening but that's also when the most players are on and in the theory the harder players. 

Weekdays I'm starting around 6-7pm UK time and finish regging about 9PM. On a Sunday I've seen myself get up at 10am and reg through till 9pm depending on how I'm doing and how I feel mentally.

Basically my completely nonprofessional opinion is play when you can and play when you feel like playing, so long as you're making good decisions the rest doesn't really matter :)

• Like 4

The extremely late November report

I'm never going to become 2 time blogger of the year at this rate :(. I have to confess that the frequency of the blog posts is directly related to how busy I am in my day job. Unfortunately I've been busier than normal and my new office space does not lend itself well to pretending to be working while writing this. On the weekends I'd rather just spend the time playing than typing the blog to be honest. Going forward, I'll need to make some time on a Sunday or something to type stuff out and try and improve the frequency of posts.

Anyhoo, on to week 3 in November.

Capture.PNG.8cdb63395896eee37d962602f3278b44.PNG

Monday started off with a single UK €25 ticket use that must have ended in disaster as I didn't record entrants or my finishing place. Tuesday was a day of near misses which included finishing 8th in the Meteor with 6 paid, 11th in the Gorsky with 9 paid and 4th in a UK €25 with 3 paid. 

Business picked up a little on Wednesday with a min cash in a €10 Multiverse and a bronze medal in the Gorsky. The Gorsky is my new Daily 4, I hate it and want to win it so bad and can just never get there. Thursday's session only consisted of 2 MTTs, one was a €25 UK tour sat that I stone bubbled (again) and the other was the new Deep Crazy Moon. With getting the €2.50 booby prize in the UK sat and exchange rates being so wild it ended up being a profitable day.

With working every Friday night I can only play a few games in the afternoon and I generally just challenge Iany to a SNG battle. This Friday was no different as we battled in a €10, that I won, and then a €25 which neither of us won. All in all a slight losing day. Saturday was another small session, 4 MTTs and a cash PLO session. 6th in the €10 Deep Space for €17 and leaving up nearly 3 buyins at PLO10 meant it was a good session overall.

I played a total of 23 MTTs before Sunday, that's really low volume for me considering what I normally play and with the prop bet running. I've been going through a phase where I'm not enjoying playing on Unibet again. It's something I'm going to go into more detail on in a separate post but basically sometimes I can handle the crazy on Unibet and sometimes I can't :) I also sometimes find myself enjoying my time on other sites better and just move some volume there. These were both happening at the same time in November so my Unibet volume was suffering. I made a concerted effort to put in a good shift on Sunday.

The day started off well with a gold trophy in a €10 Fireball. It was a very small tourney with only 11 runners but it counts towards the prop and €56 profit before lunchtime on a Sunday works for me. Bubbled a €5 multiverse before binking a Supernova ticket in a sat. Went on a terrible run bricking all the Sunday majors in glorious fashion, with teh exception of the Nova, where I made a decent run and finished 46th out of the 186 runners. The shining light on Sunday was the evening €5 multiverse which brought about the second gold trophy of the day and €200 in profit. I remember nothing about what happened during the tournament other than being sad I got no points in the prop for winning it. Final cash of the day was a min cash in a €5 bounty to round off a 3rd decent Sunday in a row.

Week 4

Capture.PNG.45544bfa70b3c5e009d7ebbf65f5fc1f.PNG

As always with my results, they are a little misleading. Monday's numbers do matches up with the results which is a good start. Back to back Fireball trophies to begin the day in the right way with €62 of profit. Other notable results included a cashes in €1 PLO and €5 Shooting Stars and a final table bubble in the Event Horizon. Took tuesday off/was playing elsewhere and then Wednesday is where things don't quite match up.

It looks like a losing day, and technically in pure cash it was. There were however wins in a €4 and a €25 UK tour sats as well as picking up a Supernova ticket. I also finished an agonising 2nd in the €10 Meteor for €52 but it wasn't enough to cover the buyins for the day.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday match up almost correctly although I did pick up a second Nova ticket on Thursday night to balance out some of the losses.

Sunday was a big day. It started off with a 8th place in a €10 Shooting Star where only 6 got paid and was followed by another 5 bricked tourneys. Then the magic began. Unibet have been running 20 seat sats to the Ice Giant on Sundays and I joined thinking it would get lots of runners but would be good value. What actually happened was that 20 or less people joined and everyone instantly got a €25 ticket for their €10 investment :) I did not convert that ticket into any real money unfortunately but it was a nice thing to get. Then the majors started and it was time to get serious. Min cashed the Cosmic Rays for €50 after firing 2 bullets and the addon. Stone bubbled the Odyssey sat in 11th with 10 paid. Bricked the Spectrum, Nebula and everything else I played... except the Supernova. The Supernova went deep, real deep.

It went so deep that I saw the final table. It was about 1am I think when the final 9 took their seats and I was at the lower end of the chip totals. I'd be battling with a short stack for some time and almost felt comfortable with a sub 20bb stack. 

We were down to 8 when the big hand for me happened. I shoved AQo and got called by a shorter stack with A6s. Unfortunately the flush came in on the river and I was left with about 2bb. In the next hand two players decided to go to war and with one of them getting knocked out I earned a €100 payjump. The next hand I was dealt A2s and shoved over an open and ran into a bigger Ax to get eliminated in 7th. I ran the spot the next day and was surprised with the results.

1387160381_i48cimgpsh_orig.thumb.PNG.44383dbd5a3475095289e8f164295367.PNG

I'm never folding an Ax hand with that small a stack but in ICM voodoo world it's a fold. I might have considered it if it wasn't half 1 in the morning and I had work the next day but at that point on Sunday night I was fine with the €800. 

Week 5

Capture.PNG.f9da7ab68fe81dfcda8902222f9f627c.PNG

Half week as the end of the month approached. Small session of 3 MTTs on Monday with an almost cash in the Dwarf Star, a bronze medal in the Gargle Blaster for €117 and an unsuccessful attempt at getting a Supernova ticket. Tuesday was a day off and Wednesday and Thursday were big punt offs.  I did pick up a €25 UK tour ticket and another Nova one to keep me in the big one for a few more weeks.

** END OF MONTH REVIEW (November 2017) **

• +/- for the month: €1044.06 (BR Total: €1697.23)
  • Days played: 26
  • Losing days: 12
  • Winning/Break Even days: 14
  • Sessions/Games played - Cash: 16, SNGs: 14, MTTs: 214
  • ROIs - Cash: 49.51% , SNGs: -36.67% , MTTs: 39.30%

Goals for December

• Get out the hole and start playing with profit again. :Thumbsup:
  • Blog regularly and post hands for discussion and analysis that will be helpful to the community. :Veryangry:
  • Grind the UO/UK Tour Sats. :Thumbsup:
  • Crush Iany's soul in another propbet :Disappointed:

We've done it! I could withdraw the deposits I made during the drunken slots lunacy of 2016 and be playing with pure profit again. It's taken close to a year to do but finally we're back in the black (or green depending on how you look at it). I have no intention of withdrawing just now because I'd like to keep 100x buyins of the games I'm playing in my account as a psychological thing. If I can get over the €2.5k mark I'll start withdrawing money I think or I may take some out to pay for my impending tax bill in January. Either way, we've now completed possibly the most important goal set in the blog.

As discussed at the top of the post, hand discussion and posts in general have been lacking. Changing this what I want my next major goal to be. I've got a bunch of non results based stuff floating around in my head that I want to get written down on a few topics so I plan on getting them out this month along with more results posts and some hands. I always wanted this space on the internet to be a learning experience for anyone that read it, whether its on how not to do things or on possibly how things should be done, but either way I don't want it to just be a "I won/lost this this week" blog. 

I'm really keen to try and head back to London in February for the Unibet Open. My girlfriend is even more keen than I am to go back so I think the plan is that regardless of having a package or not we'll make a weekend of it and head down. With that in mind I'll be heading into the mean streets of the UO sats in the next few months and trying to at least have a run at a package.

The prop bet is not going too well but I'm ok with that. With not having the desire to play so much in November I basically knew I was probably going to lose. There is still time and I'm still going to try and win it but if I lose I'm fine too. I've won enough trying to cover the bet and I'm sure I can find another way to get the money back in the future ;)

Bosh! Almost up to date now and ready for December. Let's see if we can't pick up at least 1 new trophy for the cabinet and give ol' Iany a sweat.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

December - Week(end) 1

Business is really picking up as far as far as DJing, with gigs every Friday and Saturday until the end of the year. With the exception of the 1st of December I'm working every Friday 9am-2pm in my day job, have a 4 hour break and then do 6pm-1 or 2am DJing. The 1st was the last day I could sneak an afternoon session in and it turned out to be a profitable one. A win in a €4 SNG and 1 buy-in at PLO10 to complete missions started the day. This was followed up by a 3rd in the afternoon €10 Fireball for €26 but then it was balanced out by bricking a €5 Shooting start and losing the PLO buy-in back. Saturday was a short and losing session, down about €18. 

All guns were blazing on Sunday with my new found wealth. It's didn't go particularly well. 2nd in the Fireball for €28 and 11th in the Cosmic Rays for €95 were cancelled out by a plethora of bricks including a painful direct bubble in the UK Tour final. Profit for the first weekend.. €3.76.

December - Week 2

I don't think I was really in the mood for playing on Unibet so volume was incredibly low. I played a total of 5 MTT's between Monday and Wednesday The only success out of them was a 5th in the Event Horizon for €62 which meant I was in the profit for the week. Stone bubbled @Psycho79's invitation on Wednesday after firing 3 bullets which was unfortunate but overall the week was going well.

Had a really good session on Thursday with 4 cashes of note. 10th in the Black Hole, 11th in a Shooting Star, 3rd in the Dwarf Star inc. 7 booties for €123 and 4th in the Gargle Blaster for €80. All in all about €170 in profit for the day, result! I didn't play on Friday/Sat due to work and probably a hangover so it was Sunday before we fired up the tables again.

Sunday was ugly. Really ugly. I won a sat to the Ice Giant and a sat to the Odyssey and then bricked EVERYTHING! Even bubbled a Nova sat as the last thing of the day to really rub salt in the wounds. All of the weeks profit deleted in the space of about 8 hours :( Profit for the week, €2.15.

December - Week 3

Not one to let a -€200 day get me down I headed back to the virtual felt for some more battles. Thankfully Monday turned out to be much better than Sunday as far as profit goes. First highlight, gold trophy in the €10 Meteor for €90. Followed swiftly by a €4 to €25 UK tour ticket win and then a €25 to €100 win. The final big win of the night was a second gold trophy in the Gorsky for €130. It was fast becoming my new 'Daily 4' so I'm glad to finally get that one in the cabinet. It also meant I was starting to make a dent in the lead Ian had on me in the prop bet which had felt like a real uphill struggle until this point.

The heater continued with a 4th in the Titan and a gold trophy in a PLO Shooting Star on Tuesday, a UK4 to UK25 win and a UK25 to UK100 on Wed and finally another gold trophy on Thursday as I picked up the Black Hole for €218. The sun run was on!.. until Sunday of course where I bricked everything again 🤣

Profit for the week: €273.30

December - Week 4

Brick city. Until last night (21st) I bricked everything I played. No really massive sessions play-wise but it was about €140 over the 3 days. Last night however was a different story. Spurred on by Iany winning a second major and pulling out another massive lead I got stuck into the big MTTs on the nightly schedule.

• Event Horizon - Brick
  • Abyss - FT and 8th for €35
  • Sputnik Sat - Win ticket, used €5 MTT to play
  • Dwarf Star - Brick
  • Titan - Finished 14th with 12 paid after ICM suicide calling AJo vs K9o preflop BvB and the Flop coming Kx9. I was in 6th or 7th at that point and had an easy ride to the money.
  • Gargle Blaster - Brick
  • Supernova Sat - Win ticket
  • Sputnik - 3rd for €333.40 profit from €50 ticket. 

Not quite the gold trophies I was after but an excellent way to enter the festive period. Up just over €415 for the month and enjoying playing. I don't expect to play to day and it'll be a small schedule tomorrow and then I'm off to my mums for Christmas so won't be back playing until Boxing Day at the earliest. The plan is to grind hard over the last week to see if I can claw some points back on Ian and then in January all eyes will be on trying to get a UO London package.

• Like 12

December - Week 5

With Christmas out of the way it was time to get back on the grind and chase Iany in the prop bet. Got home on Boxing day from my Mums after a 4-5 hour drive late in the afternoon and got stuck into the schedule straight away.

Things began well with a min cash in the Deep Impact for €57 and a UO sat win for a €25 ticket. Picked up a ticket for the Sputnik as well but unfortunately finished 6th in that with only 3 paid. Bricked all the regular schedule so it ended up being a losing day.

It was much the same for the rest of the week unfortunately. Didn't cash a single reg MTT for the rest of the year but did cash 3x €25 SNGs on the 27th, playing against Ian I think, and locked up a Nova ticket and a €25 UK tour ticket. Down about €320 for the week and basically wiped out the months profit chasing the prop bet. 

** END OF MONTH REVIEW (December 2017) **

• +/- for the month: €42.13 (BR Total: €1739.36)
  • Days played: 24
  • Losing days: 17
  • Winning/Break Even days: 7
  • Sessions/Games played - Cash: 11, SNGs: 10, MTTs: 174
  • ROIs - Cash: 27.73% , SNGs: 9.11% , MTTs: -5.90%

Still a profitable month but the first negative MTT ROI since August, which was the Bounty Badlands month I think. I think adding €25 MTTs into my play schedule to chase the prop was a bad idea and going forward they'll be dropped. We had a few good results in the 25-50 games but I think it's more important to protect the roll over hitting the big win. I've had pretty decent results in the Nova/Sputnik sats so I think regularly trying to qualify for them will scratch the big buyin itch until we get to the 2.5k mark. 

Unfortunately we lost the prop bet against Ian but I'm very happy with the results I got trying to beat him. 13 wins and 10 unique MTT names/types in 2 and a half months created one hell of a spike in the bankroll and has set up 2018 nicely. Shipping £80ish to Ian on New Years day wasn't fun though, luckbox!

** End of year review 2017 **

Jan 1st starting balance: €211.59

Dec 31st ending balance: €1739.36 (+€1527.77)

Unibet Opens attended: 1 (London)

UK Tour stops attended: 1 (Glasgow)

Capture.PNG.0a64e950db4d784dde305c655c3c3611.PNG

It's been a pretty good year all round I think. I've got a graph that could be mistaken for the Bitcoin one but it's trending upwards and that's the important bit right? :) At this point you would expect some sort of "goals for 2018" type thing but I don't really see the point in them. Nothing has changed for me because I type 2018 instead of 2017. I'm still trying to make as much money as possible, attend as many live events as possible and just get better at a game I love to play. Volume, BR target and things like that just create extra stress that you really don't need. If I set a goal to play 200 MTTs a month for example then I will find myself playing some days just to complete that goal and not because I actually want to, that's not how I want to play. The same with hitting a € target, you can't force that. You play as well as you can and the results come when RNGesus decides, there is no other way to make it happen.

What I think will be more important for me this year is analysing play and making sure I'm actually playing well so that I can maximise my chances of getting results. Despite the results for the year I still believe I'm a losing playing when put in any other player pool on the Internet so in order to make more money here I need to be able to at least break even or be a slight winning player everywhere else. I've got a good group of players that are better than me that I can talk to about poker so I think this year my game will progress a lot and I'm looking forward to that. I quite like doing the geeky off table stuff like checking ranges and ICM spots so I'll definitely be looking to do that more often this year.

That's about it for 2017 then. Thank you to everyone who has continued to read through my waffle over the last year, comment and give feedback on hands and generally just be positive about the blog. Without you guys I'd just not update it as often ;).

:Heart:

• Like 7