Beating the MTTs

Pucuri88

Hello Guys!

I have decided to start a blog here and try to share my results.

First of all, sorry if my english isn't 100% perfect. I haven't used it for a long time -> I forgot a lot. :)

About me: I started playing poker about 7-8 years ago and I was making my living from this over almost 5 years. Then I started a "real" job and I stopped playing poker. Unfortunately I lost my job about 2 months ago and I haven't found a new one yet. So I play poker and try to make some €. :D I have a wonderful wife she is supporting me 100%. 

I started to play here at Unibet from 1st of September (as a main job, so all of my incomings from this). I am playing mostly MTTs, everything from 1€-5€ Freezeout and 1€-2€ rebuy. And from yesterday I taking a shot to 10€ Bounty tournaments as well. Beside the MTTs I have played some NL4-NL10 cash games and some 1€-2€-4€ 5 man SNGs. If I don't have too much MTT tables I fill up with 5 man SNGs.

Here are my results so far:

Cash game: NL4 -> 40k hand -> 14,76bb/100

NL10 -> 6k hand -> 20bb/100 (I just took a shot here, really low sample)

5 man SNGs: 1€ -> 100 played -> 21,94% ROI

2€ -> 159 played -> 37,41% ROI

4€ -> 54 played -> 20,23% ROI

MTTs: I have played 344 MTTs from 1st of September with 2,72€ average buyin and bring 82,03% ROI over them.

My Goal is to reach the 25€ MTTs. Now I am playing 10€ Bounty tournaments and after my bankroll is growing I take the normal 10€ tournaments as well and hopefully I can beat them like the lower ones. :)

I try to take a report about the results here every day when I play. And ofcourse I try to win some Unibet Open package but not too much success so far, hope it will change :P

GL everybody!

PS: I am planning to make some twitch stream when I play the MTTs. I will anounce here if I am ready for that. :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @fkingun! GL you too! What is your nick?

Yesterday I played a lot of tourney, about 30-35. I shipped 4 of them and played a lot final table. And made about 160€ net profit. And I won a 5€ ticket via DaVitsche stream as well. :D

Although those Unibet Open satellites dont't want to let me get there...np, I don't give up...I want that package!

Today I play the regular tourneys, tomorrow is a relax day and I am planning some big grind on Sunday with a lot of FTs and €s! ;) :D

GL everybody! ;)

MTTs don't go very well currently. At least I shipped a 50€ Unibet Open sat ticket. That is the best thing I can tell now. :D

MTTs are running like "I am ahead preflop/flop, but then comes the turn and river..." 

Alright, no problem, just don't tilt and keep the grind on.

I just had to cry as I see. :D

Today MTT session went the same way, busted all tourney because of the turn and river...BUT THEN! The last one. 5€ buyin 200€ gtd, and I shipped that for 63€. I started the HU from 60k vs 170k, but the villain was a fishy-donky one. :) It was easy to exploit him.

Anyway, I am happy with that 1st place. It is always a good feeling to ship a tournament.

GL everybody!

PS.: Today my wife got some really good news at her work place, so we are going to celebrate. So I skip tonight's MTTs :D

Today is a really good one so far:

I shipped a 5€ KO tourney and a 2€ rebuy at the morning, and came 2nd in a 5€ as well. And now I am in the final table in the 2€ 6 max.

From 4€ I shipped 2x10€ Unibet Open ticket (I have used 1 of them, but I busted with AK against JJ).

Other things: I am happy that some new blogs came here. I really enjoy reading them, others success and stuff. Motivating for me, so lets keep it going guys! ;)

Good morning guys!

Yesterday I tried to increase my average buyin, so I left the 1€ touneys, played only 2€-5€ freezout and rebuy and one 10€ bounty.

I came 3rd in both of a 2€ 6max and the 5€ rebuy Mr. Gorsky. The Gorsky was like up and down, I lost two 70-30 in a row, then got lucky with AK against AA as a shortstack. 3 handed I made some bad decision so I was a shortstack again and then busted with a flip.

But with those scores I have reached the 1000€ netto profit in tournaments over about 430 tour. 

My daily schedule is changed as I will still play the 1€ tournaments when I play in the daytime, but if I play in the evening, I will leave them.

GL everybody with the grind at the weekend! ;)

Whoooaahh, Guys!

Yesterday evening was a sick one. I played 13 tournaments and did 4 final tables. 2€ 6max, 5€ 6 max deep space, 5€ rebuy Mr. Gorsky and the 10€ Shooting star. Unfortunately I couldn't win any of them and I am disappointed about that because I started 3 of them as a chip leader. But I was really card dead on all FTs. So I finished 3rd in the 2€ 6max and took the 2nd place in the deep space, Mr Gorsky and the Shooting star as well.

Yes, the Mr Gorsky...I did a 3rd place on Friday, and did 2nd yesterday so the next one should be a win. Easy. 😏 :cash:

2 days left from October, I am grinding both of them and after I will do a summary.

GL everybody!

I've seen you many times at the tables (I think we also busted each other a few times lol, but that's another topic)...you play a solid game!

But just out of curiosity... what job did you have that you quit poker for it? :)

Hey Guys!

My 2nd month with poker as a main job ended yesterday so I am here with some summaries.

First of all about yesterday: I registered to the Gorsky, but I couldn't win as I planned 🤣 , never mind, I shipped the 5€ Wormhole for 105€. :D In the Heads up I came back from 6bb ( 8k vs 140k ) besides this 1st place I made some little cash as well. When I had only 2-3 MTT tables left I played NL10 cash on 3 tables and made 1 buyin profit. Unfortunately I couldn't pay off my flopped Royal. :dRoyal.png.b688a147efea991ed7c4c221d1733a8f.png

So about the whole month. I am pleased with the amount of MTTs and the number of hours I played. And of course I am very pleased with the results, october was a really profitable month, I should work in my last job over 2 months to earn that money I made this month.

The numbers:

sng: 108 games and made 53,58€ profit

Cash game: 10085 NL4 hands and made 10,64€ profit. And 9702 NL10 hands and made 80,25€ profit

MTT: 322 games and made 1138,06€ profit with 3,64€ average buyin

So the total netto profit was 1282, 53€ and made about 23k challenge points.

In November I would like to keep the amount of games. In MTTs I will play everything from 1€-10€ freezout and 1€-5€ rebuy in daytime and will play everything from 2€-10€ FO and 2€-5€ rebuy in the evenings. Besides the MTTs I think I will play mostly 4€-10€ 5 man SNGs, maybe some cash games (to complete the monthly promotion). If I can keep this good run in november I will surely shot some 25€ MTT, maybe satellites to the 50€ and 100€ tourneys and shot the 25€ 5 man SNGs as well.

GL everybody in november!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys!

This month is a little bit tough and I tilt a lot. I don't know why, because the results not bad at all (about 90 MTT and +140€ profit) but there are a lot of suck out at the ITM bubbles or ITM for a CL stack. I try to take chill and try to focusing but it is hard now and I don't know why.

I am suffering in the sngs, playing 4€-10€, not a big sample, so...ahhh.

Never mind. I take a shot tonight and try to focus on the best decisions not the results. GOGO!

GL everybody!

Hey man,

Try not to focus on the short term results and remember you were sun running last month ;)

I have seen you quite a bit at the 5 mans, make sure to keep playing these to even out the variance of the MTTs

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

Just shipped the 25€ Ice Giant Bounty. ~582€ with KOs. This is my biggest cash so far on Unibet and the best thing is I am very pleased with my FT and HU play.

The session is still running,  2 MTTs left so I will come back with more details later. :)

Wow, wow, wow. Yesterday session was really sick. 24 MTTs played and I won 3 of them and made 1 or 2 more FTs (I can't remember cuz I was so excited about the Ice Giant win :D )

I won the 2€ Shooting Stars for about 30€ (with KOs), won the 5€ Wormhole for 93€ and the 25€ Ice Giant for about 582€ (with KOs). The story started as I saw I have 2589 Bonus points, so what else I could do with them then buy a 25€ MTT ticket and use it to the Ice Giant? :D On the FT I was pretty card dead but I was patient and wait while I have some good spot. In the HU I was with SimonCowell (I dont know if you guys know him? I remember I heard his name in Ian's stream maybe, I am wondering if he is a regular or no).

So 3 days left from the month, the monthly result is as good as the last one, the volume a little bit less but I would like to play those 2-3 days and put some xtra MTT.469960674_IceGiant.jpg.9943bbab80676a5fe02981059b157d27.jpg

After this score maybe I take a shot on some 25€ MTTs, not too much, only 3-4 buyin I think, I think the Abyss and the Dwarf Bounty 2x.

It is also good after the monthly cashout I can increase my bankroll. It is really good for me mentally. Today I took a rest and try to make some big win in the last 3 days. :)

GL everybody!

Did you only have 110 euro in KO's?

I had at the 23th place already 50 in KO's.

Taking into account that you get your own bounty and the one from the villain in HU, shouldn't your bounty win be more than 110? :)

I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant... It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Archived