Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pucuri88 Rank 14
Rank 14

You are totally right @FreedoM! I shouldn't expect things, just do it right! Ok

FreedoM Rank 22
Rank 22
@Pucuri88 I assume u do this for a living, your only focus should be to make the best decisions your skill set allows you no matter the outcome. In the end if you keep getting it in good the luck and math will balance itself and you'll reap the rewards. #TakeNRG #BlessRNG
“The unfed mind devours itself.” – Gore Vidal
Pucuri88 Rank 14
Rank 14

Hey guys!

I had an interesting hand during the UOS which I want to share with you and maybe we could talk about that.

So...pre.jpgI think pre it is a really easy and standard call to defend my bb

flop.jpgOn the flop he cbets pot and we have a top pair + gutshot (and a backdoor fd)

After I reviewed this hand I really want to reshove on the flop now...but during the tournament I just called. But now I think the best move is to reshove to this pot cbet.turn.jpgOn the turn we have a fd too and he cbets half potAfter I didnt shove on the flop I think I should reshove on the turn. But still just called.river.jpgwe didnt hit any of our outs so I check folded the river ofc

My main question for you guys is how you would played this hand? And what you think about villain hand range?

Messwithme Rank 16
Rank 16

@Pucuri88

I would've been more aggresive, on flop/turn.

Regarding his range,he could've had anything.Min raise from middle in a low buy-in tourney,only a call from bb.You can't really put him on a particular hand.

It was a verry passive aproach from your side.

0 Likes
psrquack Rank 26
Rank 26
I find pretty interesting that the villain raised even smaller on flop(pot), turn and river(half pot) but with the river raise he was committed to the pot, so I think he had an overpair on the flop (99, 1010), but not KK or AA or top pair with good or the best kicker. I don't know his previous table activity but I give less than 20% for the rivered 2 pair. I agree if you have had any tell than you should c/r on the turn and The river fold is a pretty good decision.
0 Likes
OmNomNom Rank 11
Rank 11

Interesting hand, i remember this one. Cheeky I think 99 and TT would check the river too, not much a value there anymore but instant call with any better hands. I believe he had AQ, KQ, QJ, QT, JJ.

0 Likes
KrustyTheClown Rank 14
Rank 14

Flop is a standard call.

What would you like to achieve by shoving there?
You are just going  to valuetown yourself against better hands and make worse hands fold.
You can maybe get 99 or TT to fold, but that's about it.

If you shove this flop you are imo just scared of having a tough decision on turn or river.

0 Likes
and111p87 Rank 10
Rank 10
Pucuri88 Rank 14
Rank 14

@KrustyTheClown Maybe you are right but then how would you played this hand? Just calling flop and turn and fold on the river? I said that maybe the best option to shove on the flop or turn because I called down half of my stack and then I fold.

0 Likes
Highlighted
KrustyTheClown Rank 14
Rank 14

I think you played it fine.

I know it sucks to fold river after having put in almost half your stack, but raising flop or turn is imo less EV than flatting
If you had hit on the river, you probably wouldn't have posted the hand.
Villain might also barrel hands like AK occasionally and give up on river.

Sure enough you might have "let him get there" with a hand like AQ, but if he has overs he only has 10.6% to hit on the turn.
So I think you played it ok, just no lucky outcome Smile