Unibet Community

Ask questions, get help and enjoy Unibet
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elron66 Rank 6
Rank 6

StreamCoverPage.pngI started this journey in late November 2018, and the truth is, I started it because it would have been a couple days before I could have made my first deposit, so I just started playing some of the "Bounty Freerolls" Unibet was offering at the time.  I binked a few 2c bounties on that first day, and after looking at the rake-free Nano schedule, I realized I MIGHT be able to freeroll a bankroll from nothing.

It was a tough slog to start with, and I sat with a <10 BR for ages with the odd small score in a Nano.  My first "big score" came from a min-cash in a UOS event that I won a ticket for, but I struggled with a small BR until things started to go my way in January.  Since the beginning of 2019, my BR has grown from <10 to my current high of about 155.Running BR vs. Date(1).png

One of the things that got me interested in Unibet was the fun backgrounds they have for tables, and I decided early on to have my table "ramp up" with my bankroll. So I started off playing for pennies on the beat-up crate in the back alley, graduated to the ratty poker table in the rundown saloon when I hit about 20, and once my BR capped 100, I moved to a nice home game in the basement on the pool table.  Now that I've cracked 150, I may need to find a new game.

DeepAnniversary.JPG

I started streaming my journey in early February, and have been overwhelmed by the support I've found from Unibet players.  I want to extend special thanks to Ian Simpson and David Vanderheyden for the host/raid support, as well as for the freerolls that have significantly helped me grow my roll.

I've been a poker player at low-stakes for a decade or so, and recently was losing interest in online poker.  Then I found Unibet, and the last few months have honestly been the most fun I've had playing online poker in a LONG time.  In part, that's because I'm doing well and building a roll, no doubt ... but it's also because the poker on Unibet is fun.

If you are looking for a new stream to check out, or just wanna make fun of my Canadian pronunciation of David Vanderheyden's name, come check me out.  I'm still working out some of the details in terms of graphics, but you can also follow my journey on Twitter at #UnibetFreerollChallenge.  I usually stream Mondays, and Wednesdays, as well as Fridays and Saturdays sometimes, starting around 11AM Mountain Time.  Check us out, and beam up to the Mothership.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
elron66 Rank 6
Rank 6

I do try to be entertaining on my stream.  I try to play good poker, but you know, sometimes you just have a brain fart four-handed on the final table and decide to do everything in your power to commit ICM suicide.  At least I figure out pretty quickly how dumb it was Smile.

Somehow, I ended up as the chip leader ...

Watch What the HELL was I thinking here? Even I don't know ... from elron66 on www.twitch.tv

DumbMove.JPGLiterally ZERO reasons to shove here ...

Silver1 Rank 16
Rank 16

Running BR vs. Date(1).pngOne of the things that got me interested in Unibet was the fun backgrounds they have for tables, and I decided early on to have my table "ramp up" with my bankroll. So I started off playing for pennies on the beat-up crate in the back alley, graduated to the ratty poker table in the rundown saloon when I hit about 20, and once my BR capped 100, I moved to a nice home game in the basement on the pool table.  Now that I've cracked 150, I may need to find a new game.
Cool idea with the tables! Also a nice BR build from the free rolls!!! Keep it up, will follow the progressSmile